• Published 11th Dec 2011
  • 2,157 Views, 11 Comments

Friendship is Abundant - Wind Whistler



A magic show right before the Summer Sun Celebration changes who befriends Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
3
 11
 2,157

Getting to Know Everypony

I updated this again as well as the other first four chapters (she now has a minor role in chapter three) in order to adjust to the canon personality and name Derpy was given. Because of this, I'm sure that she'll be more entertaining. Also, she's now the only pony that calls Golden Harvest "Carrot Top."


Episode Four: Getting to Know Everypony

The sun was down, signifying the end of the Summer Sun Celebration. Twilight Sparkle and Trixie retreated to their new home, which they now know is called the Books and Branches Library.

As she entered the building, Trixie told the other unicorn, “Trixie's ready to hit the...” She paused mid-sentence to take in a deep breath, then exhaled, “...HAAAAY!”

“You know, I could stay up a bit longer,” Twilight stated.

Trixie closed the door behind her. “Well, she wouldn't be so tired if somepony didn't hang her upside down.”

“Even if that didn't happen, I would still be able to stay up longer than you. I'm used to staying up late in order to do research.”

“That sounds like a challenge!”

“If you say so. ”

“Trixie will prove to you that she's capable of going without sleep longer than you.”

“Are we really going to deprive ourselves of sleep just for that?”

“Of course not! We're rivals, so this will be a battle for glory.”

“Uh huh. I guess we could do that tonight in order to get that out of the way.”

“Challenge accepted.”

The two unicorns then heard a creaking noise from behind them. Looking back, they saw that the door was open again. Twilight said, “I could of sworn that you closed the door.”

“Don't go blaming things on me!”

Suddenly, what appeared to be a small orange blur zoomed into the the library. All in what seemed like a second, Twilight Sparkle felt a surge in magical energy that originated in her horn and spread throughout the rest of her body. She then experienced the sensation of her body unleashing all of the built up magic. The next thing Twilight knew was that a helmeted filly was lying down against a bookshelf. Several books were floating right above the stranger.

“What just happened?” Twilight asked.

“You mean you didn't see what you just did?” the winged filly responded.

“No, I didn't.”

Once the books being levitated were placed into an unorganized pile, Trixie said, “You wanted to show off again.”

“You became all silvery and then you hit me with a crescent thingy which sent me crashing,” explained the orange pony.

Twilight extended one of her front legs and saw that it was her normal color of purple. She inquired, “Did all this really happen?”

“Do not try to act modest just to make yourself look good,” Trixie told her. “You really did glow silver again and attack Scootaloo like that.”

“Wait a minute, you know this pony?”

“After you so rudely tied me up, Scootaloo found a ladder and got me down.”

Twilight turned her head towards the filly, “So you saw what happened?”

“I saw everything there was to see,” Scootaloo said.

“I don't get why you decided to untie Trixie then.”

“Since it looked like nopony else was going to do it and because she's my second favorite pony, I helped her out.”

“I see. That means I'm your favorite pony then.”

“Uhh... actually, you aren't. You're too much of a big nerd.”

Trixie laughed at this. “That's so true! ”

“I expected better from you since we became friends,” Twilight told Trixie.

“It's rather silly of you to think that just because we're friends, we're supposed to be all perfect.”

“Well, we definitely aren't supposed to act like jerks to each other.”

“Trixie will keep this in mind.”

Twilight spoke to Scootaloo again, “Back on the subject of favorite ponies, who's your number one pony?”

Scootaloo answered immediately, “Rainbow Dash of course! She's only the most awesomest pegasus in Equestria!”

“Actually, I heard of her. I was supposed to see if she was doing her part of the preparations, but I never got around to doing so.”

“That means Trixie was telling the truth then.”

“About what?”

Trixie stated, “About me not being responsible for supervising preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. For some reason, she thought that I was supposed to do that.”

“That's because Rainbow Dash said so,” Scootaloo said. “She did say that she saw Trixie entering Ponyville, but she might of seen you instead.”

“Yeah, she must have been,” Twilight agreed. “Did she recover from Nightmare Moon's attack yet?”

“She's still in the hospital.”

“Then we'll just come over there and clear things up for her. Would you lead us to her room sometime tomorrow?”

“Of course I will. However, I don't think things will be easy.”

“We're just clearing things up for her,” Trixie said. “What in Equestria will make it difficult?”

“Well, I don't think she'll like either of you, even if you make it clear that you are two different ponies.”

“That was because she was expecting for me to come see her,” Twilight assumed. “As for Trixie, it must be because of how much of a showoff she is. Even though Rainbow Dash probably didn't see her, she must of overheard some gossip.”

“Actually, that's what I came to warn Trixie about.” Scootaloo looked at Trixie and told her, “Ever since a certain egghead came by and ruined your show, ponies have been talking bad about you and-”

“But she challenged me!” Twilight interrupted.

“Well, you could at least have enough decency to not act like a big nerd. You used too many big words and you threw away the glory you could of gotten.”

“Those aren't good reasons for thinking that I'm lame.”

“But they are! You didn't even put any effort into looking cool.”

“I bet that you can go on and on about that and how amazing I am, but we get the point,” Trixie stated. “Was there something more that you wanted to tell Trixie?”

“Oh yeah. The only reason the ponies didn't mock you at the Summer Sun Celebration was because the princess was there. I think that tomorrow, they will be mean again and I thought that you should know.”

“I appreciate you telling me that.”

“You're welcome. I guess I'll scoot away then.” A scooter that was covered in a blue aura came up to Scootaloo. “Thanks Trixie! I'll be waiting her tomorrow afternoon.”

“We'll see you then!”

“Bye, Scootaloo!” Twilight said. “We'll think of a way to talk to Rainbow Dash.”

“Bye, egghead!” Scootaloo replied as she was getting onto her scooter. “See ya Trixie!” With those last words, she wheeled on out.

“I guess that I'll have to get used to that...”

“Well, know I know that there's another pony who's mad at you for besting me at magic,” Trixie said.

Twilight Sparkle closed the door with her magic. “I can tell.” After a brief pause, she added, “I think it's a good idea that we check up on Spike.” Twilight began to head up the stairs.

Trixie followed the purple unicorn. “I have nothing better to do, so I'll go with you as well.”

“You said that I became silver before. When was that?”

“It was during our fight with Nightmare Moon. I saw that when you charged towards her, your horn and the rest of your body began to glow. Once you were close to her, you created the same crescent attack that she used against you.”

“If that's true, then it is very likely that I have the ability to copy magic.”

“If I was able to do that, then I would be waaaaay better at it than you ever will be!”

“But you aren't.”

Twilight Sparkle reached the bedroom door and opened it up. She then saw that Spike was awake. He was looking out a window.

Twilight commented, “I see that you're finally up, Spike.”

The baby dragon turned around and began to panic, “Twilight! You were right! Nightmare Moon is still out there! Please, please stop her!” His tone became quizzical once he eyed Trixie, “Uh, why's Trixie with you?”

“We're friends now.”

“I'm in disbelief as well,” Trixie said. “Twilight here can explain. I'm so... SLEEEEPY... now...”

Spike looked back at Twilight, “I thought that you wanted to stop Nightmare Moon, not make friends with one of your enemies.”

“True, I was only concerned about that at first, but now I know how good it is to have friends,” Twilight told him.

“It would be good if we had the sun back.”

“What's the matter?” Trixie snided. “Too lazy to get up for the Summer Sun Celebration?”

“Wait, I slept through it all?”

“It appears so,” answered Twilight.

Despite this, Spike didn't seem too distraught. In fact, he seemed eager as he asked, “So, how was your quest to collect the Elements of Harmony and vanquish Nightmare Moon?” Before either of the unicorns could answer, the baby dragon began with what he thought happened. His story involved action, suspense, drama, and even romance, at least according to him.


“Thankful for rescuing her, Princess Celestia told you, 'You have ended the evil domination of Nightmare Moon and restored the world to harmony. However, the never ending battle continues until all destructive forces are eliminated. Fight, Twilight Sparkle! For everlasting harmony!'” Spike then asked, “Is that close to what happened?”

Twilight Sparkle criticized, “There are too many logical fallacies for me to take all that you said seriously. For example, we aren't more powerful than an entire army just because their collective power was spread out thin.”

“Well, if that's not what happened, than what did you do?”

“My explanation will be simple and to the point. Also unlike yours, it won't put a pony to sleep.” Twilight glanced at Trixie who somehow managed to sleep while standing up. As she snored, saliva oozed from her mouth.

Twilight then explained what happened, including the fact that Colgate, Vinyl Scratch, Golden Harvest, and Ditzy Doo helped her out as well.


“So, you basically defeated Nightmare Moon with friendship?” Spike asked. “I was hoping for something more exciting and not so... girly.”

“Well, it does sound a bit silly, but that's really how it happened.”

“You know, I bet that you and your new friends will become famous for saving the world and reuniting Celestia with her sister.”

“Actually, we won't. Princess Celestia insisted on having it kept secret from the public. She said that having so much fame wouldn't be good for us.”

“That's too bad. It would have been awesome if we became celebrities.”

“No... Not the cold...” Trixie muttered in her sleep.

“But it's summer.”

Twilight spoke, “Spike, I don't think she can hear you.” She then levitated Trixie and tucked her bed. “I think I'm going to hit the hay as well.”

Spike just stood there for a while before he asked, “Aren't you going to go sleep with her? There's enough room in bed for the two of you.”

“Don't be silly. That would be gross.”

“I meant the type of sleep where you know... sleep.”

“I knew what you meant. I just don't take comfort in the fact that I could be touching her and not even know it. All I need is a blanket and a pillow in order for me to rest on the floor.”

“If you really don't want to sleep with Trixie, I saw another bed around here.”

“Great! Lead me there.”

Spike led Twilight Sparkle to the basement. Because of the stuffy air and the cow webs, Twilight guessed that it doesn't get much use. Even though she wasn't a proper scientist, Twilight planned to turn this room into a laboratory on some other night. The only pieces of furniture present were a wooden, rectangular table, a telescope that doesn't look worn out in any way, and a bed identical to the one Trixie was in. She blew hard on the bed, which created a cloud of dust.

After he coughed, Spike asked Twilight, “Will this bed do?”

“It's perfect.” Twilight levitated the bed and the telescope, then returned to the bedroom. She put both items down gently. Once Spike caught up to her, Twilight told him, “Since it doesn't look like you're tired, would you dust this telescope? I would love to use it sometime.”

“Will do!”

As Spike exited the room, Twilight assumed that he was looking for cleaning supplies. Ready to call it a night, Twilight Sparkle situated herself into the empty bed and closed her eyes. It was difficult to get rest due to Trixie's ungraceful manner of sleeping, but she somehow managed.


When Twilight woke up, she could tell that it was daytime from the intensity of the light coming through the window. She knew that Trixie wasn't asleep, because the sound of her snoring was absent. Twilight decided to inspect the telescope; she was impressed with how clean the entire surface was. She then picked up a faint scent that she recognized as the pancakes that Spike usually makes. After she went downstairs and found her assistant and Trixie situated in what appeared to be a dining room, Twilight was proven correct. There weren't many pancakes left, since Trixie has been wolfing them down.

Twilight asked the first thing that came to mind, “Did you stay up all night Spike?”

“Yeah,” Spike answered. “I wasn't sleepy at all.”

“We'll have to work on getting your sleep cycle back to normal.” Twilight then spoke to Trixie, “You're up earlier than I expected.”

Trixie swallowed, then explained, “Well, I had a nightmare... Don't tell anypony else about this! My reputation is already bad enough as it is!”

“There's no need to worry about that,” Spike reassured. “After getting your plot handed to you by Twilight, everypony in Ponyville already thinks that you're some sort of weakling.”

Trixie stomped up to Spike and shouted, “GO SAY THAT AGAIN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!”

Spike fell off his chair. “Okay! Sorry!”

“Anyways...” Twilight began. “After I have some breakfast, let's head out.”

“What for?”

“We're going to visit my- I mean our new friends today and learn more about them.”

“That's great!”


Spike and Trixie left the room while Twilight was eating her breakfast. After having whatever pancakes were left, she made her way over to the central room. There, she spotted Spike and a unicorn who looked almost exactly like her. The streak in her mane and tail were white instead of red, and her cutie mark happened to be an array of tiny white stars within a black swirl.

“Hey Twilight Sparkle,” the look-alike said. “I'm Milky Way, your long lost twin sister. I'm waaaaay more pretty, popular, magical, and better at anything else I forgot to mention than you ever will be.”

“Is this because I stayed up longer than you last night, Trixie?” Twilight asked.

“You're no fun! The very least you could of done was to play along. And no, it's not because of that, since Trixie would of stayed up way longer than you if it wasn't for Spike's snore of a story.”

“Is my story really that bad?” Spike inquired.

“Yes,” Twilight and Trixie answered.

Twilight asked Trixie, “So, why were you pretending to be my sister?”

“I don't deserve to be ridiculed out there. You know that the citizens of Ponyville are too ignorant to properly appreciate yours truly.”

“Fine. Just keep a low profile.”

Once Twilight Sparkle exited the library alongside Spike and “Milky Way,” she stood and scanned her surroundings.

Spike uttered, “I thought that you knew where to go.”

“I'll just ask around.”

“So now you're following my advice.”

They then saw a certain gray pegasus flying towards them. She landed in front of Twilight and handed her an envelope.

Twilight lifted the mail magically. “What is this?”

“It's a map inside,” Ditzy Doo told her.

“A map of Ponyville?”

Ditzy nodded. “Each of our homes are macked.”

After looking over the map that was inside, Twilight commented, “That's really nice of you. Did you do all this?”

She shook her head. “Cawot Top made it for you. ”

“I see. We'll be sure to visit both of your places.”

”By the way, who's that pony who looks like you?”

“Oh, that's just-”

“You're looking at none other than the Great and Magnificent Milky Way, Twilight Sparkle's overachieving sister,” Trixie interrupted.

“You remind me of Tixie,” Ditzy stated.

“That's because she's Trixie,” Twilight pointed out.

“I didn't know that Tixie was your sister.”

“She isn't.”

“Then why did she call herself your sister?”

Trixie came up to Ditzy and whispered, “Do not tell anypony that Milky Way is Trixie!”

“Will do!”

“If that's it, then we'll get going,” Twilight said.

“Alight then, bye!” The gray pegasus took flight again.

Once Ditzy was out of sight, Spike asked, “Who will we visit first?”

Twilight took another look at the map, then told him, “We'll go visit Vinyl Scratch first.”

“Why is that?”

“Her house is located near the outer boundaries of Ponyville and it's closer to our home than Farm Fields. If we start there, then we can complete our round in no time.”

“Lead the way then.”


Twilight, Spike, and Trixie headed in the direction of Vinyl Scratch's home. Soon, they came upon several buildings that looked like circus tents. Spike didn't hesitate to say that it looked like some sort of carnival. Twilight Sparkle knew they were at the right place when she heard loud music coming from a blue, multi-sectioned tent. She entered and looked around the first room.

Various items were lying around the floor; most of them happened to be musical equipment such as guitars, microphones, and even some electric keyboards. A giant flat-screen television that appears to be in good condition and a huge shelf containing various records were among the few things in the room that had a semblance of organization. Twilight became disgusted upon eying crumbs that dotted the floor. The empty bottles, expired pizza slices, and cheese puffs that were carelessly placed didn't help at all. There was even mold growing on some sections of the wall.

To one of the sides, Vinyl Scratch happened to be operating a turntable.

Twilight came up to her and greeted, “Hey Vinyl Scratch.”

“Speak up!” the shaded unicorn ordered.

Twilight got up closer and repeated herself, “Hey Vinyl Scratch!”

“Still can't hear you!”

Annoyed with the noise, Twilight went up to the turntable and looked for some sort of off switch.

“What are you doing?” Vinyl Scratch asked.

Twilight didn't answer as she continued her search. Frustrated with the unfamiliar interface, she opted to just unplug the turntable instead.

With the music gone, Twilight stated, “Whew, what a relief!”

“It would of been a whole lot cooler if you just asked instead of being a party pooper.”

“You must be crazy to think that this is a party!” Trixie called out. “You were the only one here before we showed up.”

Vinyl Scratch glanced at Trixie who was still in disguise, then back to Twilight. “Who's this pony you invited over?”

“That's just Trixie,” Twilight made clear.

Trixie looked around, then dispelled her illusion. “You have to keep this a secret or else!”

“Sure,” Vinyl said. “Just as long as I remember that it's a secret. By the way, it's cool that the Spikester and you two came over to my pad.”

“That's my new nickname?” Spike wondered.

“Of course! Sooner or later, you'll get so many nicknames that you'll become Spike of Many Names.”

“I see,” stated Twilight. “Do you give everypony many nicknames?”

“Nope! Spike's the only one I plan to give many names to since I like him so much!”

“You're attracted to baby dragons?” Trixie asked dumbfounded.

“Exactly!”

“I think that you should wait until he's older.”

“Even though I would love to have some special fun with Spiky now, I can wait.”

Twilight Sparkle told Vinyl Scratch, “You don't need to give us that much information.”

“I don't know Twilight,” Spike said smiling. “I kind of like this type of information.”

“Moving onto another subject... I remember you mentioning that you had a stage name. Do you undertake the role of a disc jockey for a living, or is it just a hobby?”

“I love both music and money, so yes,” Vinyl Scratch replied. “As a matter of fact Sparkles, I'm good enough at what I do to preform for major gigs.”

“Since you apparently have sufficient funds, why don't you hire somepony to clean up or something? Not to be rude, but your place could use some tidying up.”

“But I like being a dirty gal! Besides, I use money for things such as my toys here, plenty of chow, and more fun things.”

Trixie commented, “It must be nice to have enough to afford food.”

“Is that the reason for your magic show?” Twilight inquired.

“Of course not! I would be able to find many other ways to make money. I put forth that show, so that I would be appreciated.”

“That's a rather dumb reason for a magic show,” Spike blurted out.

“Shut up!”

“I see that we need to loosen things up here and I'm the pony for that,” Vinyl Scratch said. She focused on the turntable's cord and plugged it back in.

Once the music was back in full force, Twilight crouched and covered her ears. She could still hear the song perfectly well. Twilight saw that although Trixie seemed a bit taken aback at first, she soon began to move her body to the beat.


It felt like forever for Twilight Sparkle. She was relieved when Vinyl Scratch stopped the turntable.

“I saw that you enjoyed it, Trickster!” Vinyl Scratch said.

“You and your music aren't so terrible after all,” Trixie admitted.

“I don't get it,” stated Twilight Sparkle. “What's so fun about having loud noise blasted into your eardrums?”

Spike spoke, “Still don't like it, I see.”

“Why did Trixie enjoy it then?”

“Too narrow minded to have fun, I see,” Trixie said. “Trixie guesses that only certain ponies can appreciate things like this.”

“Must be nice for you.” Twilight looked at the exit, then to Vinyl Scratch. “Since we're done here, we'll get going now.” Right after she trotted over there, a gray, male unicorn with a magenta mane crashed into her.

“You sure have a knack for bumping into others,” Spike commented.

Twilight got up and claimed, “But it wasn't my fault.” She then talked to the unicorn who was slightly larger than her, “I'm sorry about that.”

“About blaming me for knocking into you?” the male pony guessed in a tone devoid of anger.

“Actually, I was going to apologize for bumping into you.”

“But you said that it wasn't your fault.”

“Let's just say that neither of us are guilty.”

“So why did you say sorry?”

“Out of politeness I guess. By the way, what's your name?”

“I'm St-”

“He's Starnote and he's my little bro,” Vinyl Scratch interrupted. “I told him all about you.”

Starnote took a glance at Twilight, then said, “You have a purple mane with a distinctive red streak. You must be Twilight Sparkle who lives in Books and Branches Library with Trixie and the baby dragon, Spike.”

“That's me.”

Vinyl Scratch's brother made her way up to Trixie and asked, “With your white mane and blue coat, are you Trixie?”

“It is sad that you don't know what Trixie looks like,” Trixie told him.

“If you're not Trixie, then who are you?”

“She is Trixie,” Twilight explained. “She just speaks in third-pony every now and then.”

“Oh! I see. I have never been to your show, since I was too busy. Even though I heard that you are terrible at magic, you're rather cute.”

“How dare you!” Trixie retorted. “Trixie is a more magical unicorn than you ever will be!” Right after her horn began to glow, the ceiling and walls took on the appearance of the night sky, complete with stars and a crescent moon. There was even a meteor shower. Twilight noticed that Starnote appeared to be in awe.

“I could never do that, so you must be sort of good.”

“Sort of good for all that?!”

“You know, because the other ponies said that you suck at magic.”

“Well, Trixie does look pretty bad when compared to me,” Twilight boasted. “I do have superior magic after all.”

“Could you show me then?”

“Of course I will.” Twilight's horn glowed and a door materialized into the room.

“A door?”

“It's a real door that has the proper functions.” Twilight demonstrated by turning the handle and opening the door. She looked at Starnote again and saw that his mood didn't change. “This is the part where you're supposed to be impressed.”

“Why?”

“It is a one-hundred percent real door that I materialized. Trixie merely created an illusion of the night sky.”

“That's right,” Spike supported. “Twilight Sparkle could help make homes because of her ability. Trixie hasn't shown that she can make anything real that big.”

“I can do better than that with ease,” Trixie said. She then proceeded to create a wooden table with legs that happened to be taller than the door in the middle of the room. “Impressed?”

“Not really,” Twilight said smugly. “Tables are easy to make. Come outside and I'll really impress you all.”

Trixie disguised herself as “Milky Way” again.

“Why did you make yourself look like Twilight?” Starnote asked.

“Some ignorant ponies who don't understand will be mean to me otherwise,” Trixie said.

“I see. I guess that you don't want to be swarmed by guys either since you disguised yourself as Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight Sparkle figured that he doesn't have to worry about getting swarmed by mares. After the other ponies followed her outside, she focused as hard as she could. Soon, a door that appeared to be twice or even thrice the height of the tent came into existence. She then turned the doorknob with her magic and opened it. “It still works perfectly fine.”

“You're supposed to impress us all with a bigger door?” Trixie asked. “At least be more creative than that next time!”

“That's more impressive than a normal sized door,” Starnote commented, “but aren't you worried that it will tip over and hurt a pony?”

“I'll just write a letter to the princess once we get home.”

“I wish that that my cutie mark gave me some sort of cool magic. Vinyl Scratch can attack with music notes, Trixie does all sorts of magic, and Twilight can create doors, but I'm not as cut out for magic as you girls.”

“At least you're not the unicorn whose special talent is popping balloons with his horn,” Vinyl reassured.

Twilight took a glance and saw that his cutie mark was a scroll. “Your cutie mark,” she began, “What does it represent?”

“It means that I'm very good at taking notes,” Starnote explained.

Vinyl Scratch used her magic to bring out various notes from out the tent and hover them in front of Twilight and Trixie. Twilight saw that most of them were about certain mares and details pertaining to them such as attractiveness, age, birthday, interests, and more.

Vinyl Scratch explained, “My bro's favorite things to write about are chicks. He writes the down the details of the gals and one guy that he has crushes on.”

“But that's only because he looks better than the girls!” Starnote swore. “I still like mares. I'm even planning to write down Trixie's details.”

“Don't waste your time,” Trixie told him. “You're creepy and I don't even find you attractive.”

“Oh, okay. I'll just wait for another mare that I find worthy to write about.”

Twilight told everypony and Spike, “Since it looks like we're done for real, we'll be leaving.”

“Feel free to hang with us anytime!” Vinyl Scratch said to the visitors.

“I would love to be with you sometime,” Trixie told Vinyl.

“Maybe sometime, you could bring some cute mares who would be interested in me over,” Starnote suggested.

“Oh, we'll be sure to do that,” Trixie said sarcastically before heading off with Twilight and Spike.


Back to where the buildings didn't look so strange, Twilight, Trixie, and Spike were on their way to Colgate's home. Twilight knew that they were close after spotting a building that very well could of come from a fairy tale. The roof looks very much like peanut brittle with white frosting added to the edges and the two uppermost stories looked like cupcakes stacked on one another. According to the map, that was Sugercube Corner and where Colgate lives isn't far from there.

It didn't take long after that for them to come across what Twilight assumed was Colgate's house. Although the building itself had the standard straw roofing, it was made distinct by the overhanging sign that had a tooth for its symbol. She came up to the entrance and knocked a few times. Soon, a male unicorn with a mint green coat opened the door. His mane was cyan and his cutie mark appeared to be a couple of mint leaves. Twilight recognized him as one of the two adult ponies whom Colgate came for yesterday.

“Good morning,” the unicorn greeted.

“Good morning to you as well,” Twilight replied. “I was wondering. Are you Colgate's father?”

“Indeed I am.” He tilted his neck and took a quick look at Trixie and Spike. “I noticed the baby dragon with you. If his name is Spike, then one of you must be Twilight Sparkle.”

“You're right. I'm Twilight Sparkle.”

“I see. Then that other unicorn is probably Vinyl Scratch.”

Trixie came up to him and whispered, “I'm Trixie.”

“You are? I'm confused on why you're purple. I thought that Colgate said you were blue.”

“That's because I will be mocked if I don't disguise myself.”

“Well, my family will welcome you as you are. Colgate has been talking a lot about you.”

“She has?”

“You can come in and see her now. We're just about to have an early lunch.”

He was just about to lead them in when Spike tried to get his attention, “Excuse me.”

“What is it?” he asked in a calm tone suggesting that he was open to anything.

“We didn't get your name yet.”

“How rude of me. I'm referred to as Dr. Minty when I'm on the job, but you can just call me Frais.”

“Doctor?” Spike muttered as he looked up at the building's sign. “Are you a dentist?”

“That is correct.”

“Colgate said that her family was rich,” Twilight stated. “Does that mean you're one of the most popular dentists in Ponyville?”

“I sure am. However, my money doesn't solely come from that.”

Remembering when Colgate mentioned that her father knows a pony from Canterlot, Twilight inquired, “Do you by any chance have any ties to Canterlot?”

“I do in fact. I was born there myself and made plenty of friends there.”

“If you have friends there, then why did you even come to Ponyville?”

“After falling in love with my would-be wife there, we agreed that Ponyville would be a better place to raise kids.”

“I see. That explains a lot.”

“Ready to have lunch?”

“I sure am,” Spike answered. “I'm starving!”

“Then come right inside.”

Once they entered and Trixie reverted to her true form, Frais led the three to the dining room. There, Twilight saw Colgate and three other ponies sitting at a table. She recognized the reddish-purple maned mare as the one who hugged Colgate. The other two were pink fillies. One of them happened to be a unicorn, while the lighter shaded one was an earth pony.

When Colgate noticed Trixie, her eyes widened. As she came up to her, Colgate squealed, “Trixie! I'm so happy that you, Twilight and Spike came over to see me!”

Trixie smiled and told her, “I'm glad to see you as well.”

“Could you tell us a bit about each of the ponies at the table?” Twilight asked.

“Of course,” Colgate said as she began to pace around. She pointed at the purple-maned earth pony. “This is my mom.”

The mother eyed Trixie. “You know, I heard a lot of bad things about you from the other ponies.”

“So?” Trixie said defensively.

“Normally, I would look down on you, but I'll welcome you as a guest since Colgate said so many good things about you.”

Trixie waited a bit before asking, “What's your name anyways?”

“I'm Berry Punch.”

“This is my little sister, Berry Blast,” Colgate interrupted as she pointed to the dark pink filly.

“Isn't the other filly your little sister as well?” Spike wondered.

“Of course not. Paradise is my mom's little sister. You see, I was born early.”

“You do not have to go into that much detail, Colgate,” said an embarrassed Berry Punch.

“I think that it would be good if we sit down and eat,” Frais stated.

While Twilight, Spike, and Trixie seated themselves, Frais levitated lime-green plates and wine glasses to each one of them. He even brought a pitcher full of juice to pour. After her cup was filled, Twilight looked at the meal. It appeared that grapes and strawberries were the main course. Spike grabbed a strawberry and took a bite out of it.

After swallowing, he commented, “These strawberries are really good!” Spike then began to drink.

“I know,” Colgate said. “They're so good that Soarin' said he wanted my dad's berries.”

Juice spewed out from Spike's mouth and onto Twilight's face as he bursted out laughing. “He wanted your dad's berries?!” By that time, Frais and Berry Punch were chuckling as well.

“He didn't know at the time that they were my mom's.”

“Well, I would hope that they're hers.”

Twilight wiped the juice off with a napkin, then called Spike out, “Be more mature than that. We're guests after all.”

“It's perfectly fine,” Frais reassured. “We don't have to be serious all the time.”

Now that the laughing wasn't so loud, Twilight thought that she heard the name of Soarn' before. “Excuse me. Can anypony tell me who this Soarin' is?”

“You mean you don't know?” questioned Spike. “He's one of the Wonderbolts.”

“Want to see a signed picture of him, Twilight?” Colgate asked..

“If it's not too much trouble for you,” Twilight answered.

“Alright then.”

Colgate left the table and headed up a nearby staircase.

Spike asked Frais, “Are you guys big time fans of the Wonderbolts?”

“Actually, we aren't,” he replied. “Berry Punch and I know that they are very talented fliers though, so when Colgate went missing, we agreed that they could help.”

“Since our daughter's safety comes first, we offered a money reward to the Wonderbolts if one of them finds her,” Berry Punch added.

“You two are great parents,” Trixie told them.

“Why, thank you,” Frais said.

“It pleases me whenever somepony tells us that,” thanked Berry Punch.

“Did your parents not love you?” the light pink filly asked Trixie.

“I'd rather not talk about it...” Trixie uttered.

Twilight was a bit curious about what Trixie's parents were like, but she didn't find it important enough to try to get her to tell. Besides, she was sure that Trixie would tell her when the time was right. Just then, Colgate returned with a picture she hovered beside herself. She floated it in front of Twilight's face, giving her a good view. The Wonderbolt in the picture had his mask down and his goggles up. The coat was a very pale blue that could be mistaken for white, while his mane was a much darker shade.

“Doesn't he look cute?” Colgate asked.

In no point of her life did Twilight Sparkle find a stallion attractive, not even at this moment. However, she wanted to be polite with her new friend. “Yeah, he looks handsome,” Twilight lied.

Colgate then showed the picture to Trixie. “I'll let you see as well.”

Trixie took a glance, then said, “Actually, I'm not interested in him at all.”

“It's alright if you don't like him.”

“Actually, I'm not really sure if he would be good for you.”

“Why not?”

“Well... He's like a celebrity, which means that he might not be very nice.”

“But he seemed nice when he gave me his autograph.”

“Do you know if he's like that when not being watched by public eyes?”

“No, but I could find out what he's really like if I see him again.”

“...I'll be fine that as long as you promise me one thing.”

“What would that be?”

“Promise me that if you get in a relationship with him, make sure that your feelings for him are genuine and that he doesn't make you do anything that you'll regret.”

“Technically, those are two promises, but I'll make them since we're friends.”

At this point, Twilight wanted to tell her that she doesn't like stallions. However, she was afraid that Colgate would be angry with her for lying. Twilight hoped that this subject matter wouldn't come up again and that it would be forgotten. When the meal was almost done, Trixie said to Colgate, “Since you're still living with your parents, I'll assume that we're about the same age, give or take a year. I just became an adult earlier this year.”

“You're younger than I expected,” Colgate commented. She then revealed her age.

“That means you're older than Twilight as well,” Spike pointed out.

“Why do you still live with your parents?” Twilight wondered.

“Is there something wrong with that?” Colgate asked nervously.

“Of course not!” Trixie told her. “You can stay with them for as long as you need. I would of loved to have parents like yours.”

Frais began to look worried. He said to Trixie, “You can come and tell us your concerns in private whenever you feel like it.”

“I promise that we won't tell anypony else,” Berry Punch reassured.

“I'll get by fine,” Trixie told them.

“When you find that you need somepony to confide in, we will always be here for you,” Frais said.

“I'll keep that in mind.”

Twilight unseated herself. “I guess that we'll head on over to Derpy's place next.”

“You're friends with Derpy Hooves?” Frais inquired.

“We are. Why?”

“If you do, then you probably know about Golden Harvest or Shoeshine.”

“We're friends with Golden Harvest, but we don't know who Shoeshine is.”

“Shoeshine is her sister.”

“What is Derpy's relationship with them?”

“You can think of it as mutualism. Even though she isn't the best at what she does, Derpy helps out at Farm Fields and in turn, Golden Harvest and Shoeshine help her with her job and taxes.”

“As a matter of fact, we're planning to visit there as well. Speaking of which, did Colgate tell you all about them?”

“I really didn't say much about them,” Colgate spoke. “but my dad knows them because he helped their dad start his farm.”

“That is true,” Frais confirmed. “Since I happened to be such close friends with Silvershine, I loaned money for him to start his own farm. Once his success grew, he decided to share some of his fortune with my family.”

“I see,” Twilight stated.

“If you come across him, tell him that I said hello.”

“We'll be sure to do that.” Twilight turned her head in the direction of Spike and Trixie, then asked them, “Ready to go see Derpy?”

“I am,” Spike said. He then let out a big yawn.

“Can you stay up for at least a little longer?”

“Of course I can. I'm not tired. Not one bit!” Spike then rested his head on the table and fell to sleep.

“Is he going to sleep for another twenty-four hours?” Trixie scoffed.

Twilight placed Spike on her back. “I sure hope not.”

“Does he need more sleep than that since he's just a baby dragon?” Colgate wondered.

“No. Spike can get by with around as much sleep as most ponies.”

“What if you have been depriving him of sleep all this time? Dragons haven't been researched extensively and Spike did seem to fall asleep rather instantaneously.”

“He'll be fine.” Twilight then told Trixie, “Let's head back to the library.”

Trixie reluctantly went over to Twilight and disguised herself once again. She then explained about “Milky Way” to a confused Colgate.

Colgate reminded her, “Remember what my parents said.”

Right before she left, Trixie said, “I will.”


Once Twilight Sparkle saw Trixie exiting Colgate's home, she began on her way to the library.

However, she was stopped by a voice with a cowgirlish accent. “Howdy, Twilight!”

After looked around, she saw that the voice came from a blonde-maned earth pony wearing a cowboy hat.

Twilight asked the stranger, “Who are you?”

The earth pony glanced at “Milky Way” before coming right up to Twilight. “Why, I'm Applejack of course.”

She remembered when Spike mentioned that name. “Are you mad at me for not visiting Sweet Apple Acres?”

“Course not, sugar. Your baby dragon here told me you weren't able to make it.”

Twilight was relieved, but she grew curious. “Then why did you call for me? Is it just to be social?”

“Normally, I would, but I want to tell you something.”

“What would that be?”

Applejack whispered, “I got a very strong hunch that pony with you is that good for nothin' Trixie. If I'm not mistaken, why haven't you asked the princess to kick her out?”

Mimicking her volume, she stated, “But she's now my friend.”

“She's arrogant and thinks that she's better than everypony else. That isn't being a friend.”

“Isn't it a bit arrogant for you to make that assumption so quickly? You don't know what she's like outside of what the townsponies say.”

“...I reckon that yer correct.” Applejack looked around, then spoke sternly to Trixie, “Look, I know who you are.”

“So what?!” Trixie retaliated.

“Look, I don't like ponies who are stuck-up or arrogant one bit.”

“I hate ponies who are like you! Scram!”

Ignoring what Trixie said, Applejack continued in the same tone, “It's difficult for me to do, but I'll give you a chance.”

“What?” Trixie seemed taken aback.

“Since Twilight stood up for you, you may not be so bad after all. Again, I'm giving you a chance, so don't go blowing it off.”

Trixie was rendered speechless. Thinking about how nice Applejack seemed, Twilight decided to ask her if she could take Spike home and write a letter to Celestia about the giant door. Applejack was confused at first, but she took the baby dragon after getting an explanation. Once the blonde pony left with Spike on her, Trixie spoke.

“Why did she let me off easy?” she asked.

“I believe that she wants to see what you're really like before judging you as a pony,“ Twilight said.

“I guess I'll just have to ask her myself.”


Twilight and Trixie headed on over to where Derpy's home was according to the map. They looked up and saw a very basic looking two-story cloud home. After Twilight Sparkle called out for her, Derpy Hooves came out.

Once she landed, Derpy asked, “Did you visit Carrot Top, Colgate, or Vinyl Scratch?”

“As a matter of fact, we have been to Colgate and Vinyl Scratch's, ”Twilight said.

Derpy looked around, then asked, “Where's Spike?”

“Spike?” Trixie repeated. “I hate to say it, but Trixie accidentally made him vanish.”

The gray pegasus began to sob. “Spike's dead! He was the best baby dragon I have ever seen. We need to get him a grave stone.”

“Trixie was only kidding,” Twilight informed her.

“Really?”

“Don't take it the wrong way,” Trixie said.

All of the sudden, Derpy began to laugh. “That's funny! You should be a comedian!”

“I'm fine with being a magician.”

“So where is Spike really?”

“He's back home,” answered Twilight. “Since we're unable to go inside your house, what about you accompany us when we go meet Golden Harvest?”

"Of course!" Derpy said.


With Trixie and Derpy Hooves following, Twilight trotted in the direction of Farm Fields. She soon came upon a metal fence. Twilight told Trixie that it would be alright if she went as her true form, so the latter did away with her disguise. Derpy led the others to a gate and opened it. Once Twilight went through, she looked around. Really close to her was a greenhouse that looks new and several shacks with metallic roofing. In the distance, there was an expansive plowed field. Most of the crops appeared to be carrots. What appeared to be the living quarters was too far away to accurately see how many floors it had, but Twilight guessed four or five stories.

She then saw a golden-colored filly who was napping beside a shack.

Twilight came up to her and said, “Hi there. You must be Shoeshine. Dr. Minty told me about how you and Golden Harvest help Derpy.”

The filly got up and told her in an apathetic tone. “I'm Bonnie.” She then asked Derpy, “Who are these two?”

“This is Twilight Sparkle and the other one is Trixie,” Derpy explained.

Bonnie spoke to Twilight again. “I heard about you two from Golden Harvest and Derpy. Apparently, you're her new friends.”

“They are,” Derpy confirmed.

“I see... What I don't get is why you three would ever want to be friends with Trixie.”

Trixie lashed out, “You got some nerve to talk about Trixie like that!”

Unfazed, Bonnie replied with, “Was that supposed to intimidate me or something? Referring to yourself in third-pony is rather childish.”

“You're childish!”

Bonnie yawned. “You're annoying.”

“Can't you two try to talk about something nice?” Twilight suggested.

“So, how much money did you make before you were revealed to be a fraud.”

Trixie took a deep breath before saying, “I'm not in it for the money.”

“That's not a very smart move on your behalf. Even Diamond Tiara who just mooches off her rich father would be better at business than you.”

“You wouldn't be so rich yourself if it wasn't for Frais helping your father start his own farm.”

“True, but at least I study business.”

“Is that what your cutie mark represents?”

Twilight looked and saw that Bonnie's cutie mark happened to be a silver boomerang.

“Nah,” answered Bonnie. “I'm practicing making fake cutie marks, so that I won't get much attention when school comes along.”

“I thought that fillies like yourself would be excited to get their cutie marks,” Twilight said.

“Since it's very likely that I'll get a cutie mark sooner or later, I really don't worry that much about it. Now if you don't mind, I would like to continue my nap.”

“Of course, but could you tell us where Golden Harvest is first?”

“She's in the cellar by the house.”

“Thanks.”

“Don't mention it.” Bonnie then went back to sleep.

Derpy led Twilight and Trixie over to the basement's entrance. Just as Twilight reached the bottom of the stairs, a bright flash appeared and she heard an explosion. The next thing she knew, Trixie was shrieking. All of the sudden, a pale blue earth pony holding an ice cream cone rushed into the room and came up to her. She knocked off something that landed on Trixie's face and Twilight saw that it was a glowing piece of metal. This pony then administered the ice cream on the eye that got burnt.

“How are you now?” she asked.

“WHAT HAPPENED TO MY EYE?!” Trixie screamed.

“I just made a mistake,” Golden Harvest's voice said.

“Just?! One of my eyes could become blind because of this!”

Once the orange-maned pony came into sight, it became evident that she was wearing a welding mask. “I didn't know that you got hurt that bad.”

Twilight spoke to the pony that brought the ice cream, “It was a good thing you came along when you did. Speaking of which, are you Shoeshine?”

“I am,” she confirmed. “Do you two happen to be Golden Harvest's new friends?”

“We are. I'm Twilight Sparkle and she's Trixie.”

“I haven't properly treated your eye yet,” Shoeshine told Trixie. “Come with me.”

Trixie just nodded before Shoeshine led her upstairs.

Golden Harvest lifter her mask and said, “I'm sorry for the accident. I didn't mean to hurt anypony, especially not a friend.”

Twilight looked at the steel table in the center of the room. Some scraps of heated metal laid there.

“By the way, what were you doing before we came in?” she inquired.

“I was trying to create a cheap and efficient engine. If perfected, the use of engines will skyrocket and I'll become richer.”

“Isn't it a bit... dangerous?”

“A bit, but I got protection.”

“And I like the pretty explosion I just saw,” Derpy said.

“Anyhow, considering what happened to Trixie, I should get around to making a keep-out sign sooner or later.”

“I think that sooner would be better,” Twilight suggested

“I'll make one tonight then.”

Golden Harvest then proceeded to talk about various types of machinery. Twilight recalled some the things that she has read about them such as how they require some sort of fuel to function, but not much beyond that. The orange-maned pony went on and on about things that are difficult for those not well-versed in the subject matter to comprehend. In fact, Golden Harvest had to clear out plenty of things in order for Twilight to understand. In the middle of her explaining the difference between electric motors and physically powered ones, a gray-colored stallion entered the cellar.

“Are you okay Golden Harvest?” he asked. “I know that your friend, Trixie got hurt.”

“I'm fine dad,” she answered.

“You're Silvershine, right?” Twilight guessed.

“I am,” the father said. “You must be Twilight since that's who Trixie said she came with.”

“That is correct. By the way, Frais told me that he helped you start your farm.”

“I owe my success to him. Ever since that, our families have gotten together plenty of times.”

“I see.” Twilight paused before changing the subject. “Speaking about Golden Harvest, has she always been into machines?”

“About her, she just became interested in them a year ago. She usually doesn't stick with a hobby for very long. As a matter of fact, she juggles between them at times.”

Golden Harvest responded, “But this is different from painting, singing, being a ballerina, playing football, or running cross-country.”

“Don't forget about becoming royalty.”

“But that can still work if I marry Prince Blueblood.” She then asked Twilight, “You do know him since you're close to the princess, right?”

“I am acquainted with him out of obligation, nothing more,” Twilight explained.

“If I was you, I would of written down all the things there is to know about him.”

Remembering Starnote, Twilight said, “I know that it sounds good on paper, but it really isn't.”

“Maybe you'll get to meet him yourself someday,” Silvershine told his daughter.

“That just gave me an idea,” Golden Harvest said. “Twilight, if you ever get invited to the Grand Galloping Gala, I'd be more that happy to take the ticket off your hooves.”

“I'll be sure to remember that,” Twilight uttered.

“If Spike and Trixie get tickets,” Derpy Hooves began,“I want Spike's.”

“I'll remember that as well...”

“Since it looks like things are going well, I'll be going now.”

As Silvershine was leaving, the three mares said their goodbyes. Since they had nothing else to do down there either, Twilight, Golden Harvest, and Derpy left as well. Back above ground, Trixie and Shoeshine were waiting for them. Twilight noticed that Trixie was wearing a black eye patch.

Upon seeing Trixie, Derpy said, “Wow, you look awesome dressed up as a pirate. It must be so much fun. Let me try!” She then spoke in a pirate's accent, “Arrrgh! I'm the Great and Powerful Trixie! I got this here eye patch, cause I'm the most magical pirate to cross the seven seas!”

“Do you even know how I got this eye patch?” Trixie asked.

“How did you get it?”

“It's to cover up her hurt eye until it recovers,” Shoeshine explained.

“Oh. Trixie should totally be a pirate!”

After some more talking, Shoeshine suggested that they all have hotdogs together sometime. Trixie asked what they were.

Golden Harvest appeared surprised. “You don't know what hotdogs are?”

“Uhh... Of course I do. I just wanted to see the reaction on your face. Anypony with a working brain knows what they are. Since we ponies are vegetarians, hotdogs must be made from timberwolves. They are are the only dogs that aren't made out of meat. Once captured, the wolves are burnt into ashes that become the hotdogs we consume.” Twilight wasn't impressed at all.

Derpy who was the only one impressed stated, “It's neat that you eat timberwolves.”

“I think it would be better if I show you,” said Golden Harvest.

Golden Harvest came up to one of the metallic buildings and opened the door. She closed it once the others entered. Inside, it was very cold. Golden Harvest showed Trixie a container of processed tofu and told her that it's what hotdogs are made of.

Once Twilight got out of the giant freezer, she told the sisters and Derpy, “I think that Trixie and I will get going now.”

“See you later,” Golden Harvest said.

“Come again,” Shoeshine added.

“Bye,” Derpy stated.

“We'll be coming back for sure,” Twilight reassured them.

“I'll be looking forward to seeing you again,” said Trixie. “By the way Shoeshine, you look rather pretty.”

Shoeshine appeared pleasantly surprised, “Thanks. You too.”

“Is it just because she looks like your reflection?” Twilight asked Trixie, pointing out their similar color schemes.

“I'm just trying to be nice!” Trixie retorted.

“Again, we'll be leaving,” an embarrassed Twilight repeated to the others.

“I hope the rest of your day goes better,” Shoeshine told Trixie before she and Twilight left the farm.


Since they met all their friends, Twilight and a disguised Trixie headed back to the library. When Twilight Sparkle entered, she noticed that Scootaloo and Applejack were conversing.

She decided to tell Applejack, “I didn't know that you were still here. You don't have to wait for Spike to wake up. He'll know what the letter is when he sees it.”

“I kinda figured that,” the blonde mare explained. “Scootaloo here told me about how she was goin' to show you two where Rainbow Dash's hospital room is.”

“Trixie, Applejack told me that you're in disguise,” Scootaloo interjected.

“Feel free to call me the Great and Magnificent Milky Way, Twilight Sparkle's overachieving sister!” Trixie said proudly.

“That's an awesome name, but I'll just call you Milky Way cause it's shorter. By the way, why does your disguise look like egghead as a pirate?”

“Yeah, I don't remember you having an eye patch,” Applejack said.

“I'll tell on the way to the hospital,” Trixie stated.

“Anyways, did you have anything more to say Applejack?” Twilight asked.

“Uh huh!” Applejack confirmed. “Since Rainbow is my friend, I decided that I'll tag along.”

“That's great!” Twilight commented.

“I also told Applejack about how Rainbow Dash thinks you're Trixie and that she's mad at you,” Scootaloo added.

“Yeah, about that...” Trixie said to Applejack. “I bet that you regret giving me a second chance.”

“What for?” Applejack asked.

“If I didn't come to Ponyville, then Rainbow Dash wouldn't of thought that Twilight was a showoff.”

“It ain't your fault.”

“I don't get why you insist on forgiving me since we're not even friends for crying out loud.”

“If I don't even give you a chance, then I'm not being the reliable and trustworthy pony that my family know and love me as.”

“...Thanks.”

“Since we're all here and stuff,” Scootaloo said, “we can get going.”

“Lead the way then,” Twilight told her.


Scootaloo exited the library and led the three mares to a hospital. After they entered, Scootaloo told a receptionist that she, Milky Way, Applejack, and egghead would like to see Rainbow Dash. The receptionist called for Nurse Tenderheart. Once a green-maned mare in nurse attire came, she escorted them to the proper room.

Upon entering, Twilight saw the same rainbow-maned pegasus who tried to stop Nightmare Moon by herself. She was lying unconscious in a bed and a feeding tube was stuck up one of her nostrils.

“So Nurse Tenderheart...” Twilight began, ” How much longer do you think Rainbow Dash will be unconscious?”

“I'm not sure,” she answered. “If I had to make a guess though, then I'd say less than two weeks.”

“I'll be sure to come over each evening to see how she's doing,” Applejack told the nurse.

“Me too,” Scootaloo added.

“I'll go check on her every other day,” Twilight stated.

“And I will go with Twilight on those days,” Trixie said.

“You all seem to be nice ponies,” Nurse Tenderheart commented. “Rainbow Dash will be overjoyed if any one of you are present whenever she wakes up.”

“Actually, Milky Way and I haven't spoken to Rainbow Dash before,” explained Twilight.

“She would still be glad to know that you care for her.”

Upon hearing this, Twilight was filled with hope. “Thinking about it, she would.” She went headed back for the door. “We'll be coming back some other day.”

“Take care then.”

Twilight noticed that Trixie didn't follow her, so she asked, “Aren't you coming as well? We can come by another time.”

“Oh, of course,” Trixie stated as she headed to leave. She turned her head and told Applejack and Scootaloo, “We'll see you some other evening.”

“Looking forward to it,” Scootaloo said eagerly.


Once Twilight and Trixie returned home, they began to talk about their day.

“It was sure interesting finding out our new friends,” Twilight began as she walked upstairs. “It sure was,” Trixie said following.

“It'll take a while for me to remember the names of all their relatives though. I can remember Dr. Minty and Silvershine, but I forgot the rest.”

“Maybe you should try to remember some more of them next time.”

“Maybe that one pony who writes notes has a point,” Twilight stated as she opened the bedroom door. “It would be a lot easier to keep track of them if I had a list of their names and basic traits.”

“Just don't become like Starnote though.”

“I don't get how you even remember his name, but I'll be sure that I don't. Once I wake up Spike, I'll have him create the basic layout for the list.”

Twilight went up to the bed Spike was sleeping in, ready to have him assist her.


Author's notes:

-Sorry for not putting down my chapter last week. I didn't expect that a chapter centered around Twilight and Trixie visiting their new friends' homes would be so long.

-Starnote is my nickname for Written Script/Phineas Scrollbottom/Bookworm (one of Rainbow Dash's fans in Mysterious Mare Do Well) since he's Vinyl Scratch's brother in my fanfic and I wanted theme naming of some sort with them.

UPDATE:

-I decided to change it so that the hot piece of metal falls into Trixie's eye instead of on her nose. Derpy with her now closer to canon personality comments on the eye patch Trixie receives.