• Published 21st Nov 2018
  • 2,588 Views, 46 Comments

Overlord Equestria Book 1 - Kaliann25



Ainz Ooal Gown, Overlord of Death, plans to destroy all human nations. But he needs allies first. Would the ponies of Equestria join him voluntarily, or would he force them to?

  • ...
8
 46
 2,588

Book 1 Part 4

Overlord Equestria

Book 1: Infiltration (part 4)

It was week two, working for Twilight Sparkle. And, almost everything was going according to plan. Narberal Gamma have earned the Princess’, and her friends’ trust. The only problem was Applejack. The cowgirl still didn’t trust the maid.

“A’ don’t know why, but something about her bothers meh!” continuously said Applejack. “A’ know she is hard-working and all, but A’ don’t know. It feels like an act. Call it a farmer feeling!”

But, she was the only one who mistrusted the hard-working maid. The others considered her a nice companion, even if she didn’t talk that much.

“Why don’t you join, us, dear?” asked Rarity, one afternoon right after Nabel served them tea.

Blushing, Nabel bowed respectfully, shaking her head. “What? Oh, no, don’t worry about me, I’m just a maid. Now, if you excuse me, I’ll have to finish dusting the shelves before my shift ends.”

“You haven’t had any progress with her, huh?” asked Rainbow Dash.

Twilight shook her head. “No. She is still too shy, and all what she do is cleaning. I need something to make her open. But I haven’t had any ideas.”

“Oh, come on! It’s been only two weeks! Too early for frowny-faces.” said Pinkie Pie. “All she need is to make a good friend! Once she make that step, everything will go up for little Nabel!”

“I know.” said Twilight. “I just hope she make a friend soon. Maybe if I convince her to go out when her shift finish, instead of reading in her room, she’ll be able to make a friend.”

“It worked with Starlight.” commented Spike.

“Hey, it’s true!” said the pink unicorn. “Maybe I can help her. Show her the town, I don’t know, talk with Trixie. You know, hang out.”

“Let’s try it.” agreed Twilight. “Can you talk with Nabel, Starlight?”

“You can trust me, Twilight!” assured Twilight. “I have this!”

Starlight finished her tea with at one sip, and went after Nabel, who, as she said, was busy dusting the shelves as she hummed a song.

“Hey, Nabel!” called Starlight.

The maid turned, and bowed. “Is there anything I can do for you, Miss Starlight?”

Starlight simply smiled at her. “Yes. Your shift is about to end, right?”

“Yes, I was planning to spend the rest of the afternoon reading in my room.” said Nabel, shyly. “But, if you need me for something, please tell me!”

“Well, I was wondering if you wanted to join me to the local pub, when your shift ends, for talking and relaxing. Just hang out, as friends.”

“Friends?” asked Nabel. “But I’m just a maid.”

“Yeah, but you’re also a likable mare. Come on, you’ll have fun. You seem, my friend Trixie is in town, and she is a blast after a few drinks. But also, she haves this really cool tricks, and such. You’ll like her, and she’ll like you.”

“But…”

“I pay. Come on!”

In the end, Nabel agreed. And, as Starlight predicted, she had a really good time.
She was shy and almost never talked, at first, but, she began to relax. In the end, Trixie’s goofiness did the trick, and, soon enough, the tree of them were happily talking and having a good time in general.

After that day, Nabel began to follow Starlight, as once she followed Cleaning Miracle.
She became really close with her, and, with a little intervention of Starlight, she got really close to Trixie and Spike as well.

There were no incidents after that. Except one time, but, it was all a misunderstanding, and nopony blamed Nabel for what happened.
One day, Twilight surprised Nabel reading. Nothing uncommon for her, but, the problem was that she was reading a book from Twilight’s personal collection. A series of books, and other documents, that were not available for the rest of the ponies.
The book in question, talked about one of the darkest periods of Equestria, Discord’s reign.

“Nabel!” called Twilight. “Where did you get that?”

“I took it from there.” said Nabel, aiming a hoof to a shelf nearby. “Did I do something wrong? If that’s the case, I beg for your forgiveness, you Highness!”

Twilight ran to examine the shelf, just to make sure Nabel haven’t been reading something that wasn’t for the average pony. But, most to her relief, on the shelf were nothing but average books. An archeology dictionary, a couple of history books, and, a novel.

Twilight turned to Nabel. “Are you sure you took the book from this shelf?”

“Yes, I’ve been taking all my books from here!” explained Nabel.

And, to prove her point, she aimed to a dust sign, where the book had been before Nabel took it.
Twilight sighed.

“Oh, sorry about that, Nabel. This book was sent to me by Princess Celestia, for my personal use only. Knowing me, I left it somewhere, and Spike put it on the first shelf he found. But, it happens. Sorry.”

Nabel bow to Twilight. “Do not apologize, you Highness. We all met mistakes.”

Twilight smiled kindly at Nabel, she liked this girl, always so quiet and shy. But still likable.
And, she had been a great help on the Castle/library. Spike was happier than ever, now that the chore distribution was more favorable to him. And, Twilight noticed that Nabel did a better job than him when it was for cleaning after a study session with Starlight.

“You should keep her, darling.” said Rarity one day. “With Starlight, Spike and you, being always so busy doing things like saving Equestria, having somepony in charge of all the cleaning had become a necessity.”

But Twilight thought otherwise. “A’ don’t know, Twi. A’ would think about it if A’ were you. A’ know this is only a feeling, but there’s something A’ don’t like about that girl.”

“But, if you hire her for good, you can give her a rise or something.” added Fluttershy softly. “You know she always works so hard in giving you a good impression. And she’s so shy and good.”

“Hire her Twilight, please!” begged Spike.

Twilight smiled. “I know. I have decided to hire her already, alright? Now that she have made friends, I am more comfortable with the idea of having her around.” She sighed. “Having some help with the castle is quite useful. Luna and Celestia were right.”

When they told her the big news, Nabel was about to explode out of happiness. A permanent position with the Princess of Friendship? It was such an honor! Not to mention, she really liked her new home in Ponyville.

“But, Nabel, don’t you have any relatives to visit at your hometown?”

“No, you Highness.” explained Nabel, sadly. “In fact, my loneliness was one of the reasons why…”

There was no need to say more, Twilight simply nuzzled her. She knew it was still too soon to touch the subject.

And, then, it was time.

During all that time, having to smile shyly, and bow over and over, to someone other than the Supreme One had been a torture for Narberal. But she dealt with it, because it was for a greater good. For Nazarik.
But now, it was time. Being working with Twilight during all that time, had given her a solid alibi. And, in the extremely unprovable case that her small robbery was noticed, nopony would think in her.

Also, during her time at Twilight’s, Narberal had the chance to study the Princess’s power. As hard it was to admit it, Narberal Gamma recognized Twilight as a skillful magic user. If she wanted to use her magic, she would have to be as far as possible from her.

And, the only place she would be able to do so, was at the Everfree Forest. The wild magic floating around the woods was more than enough to camouflage her magic aura.

Once she went inside, Narberal had no problem in using her power.

“Teleportation.”

The world around Narberal banished, and soon enough she found herself at the service entrance of Canterlot Castle, where Cleaning Miracle was waiting for her already. Also, the maid have made sure that were nopony around when her lady arrived.

“Cleaning Miracle.” greeted Narberal coldly. “Do I have a clear path?”

“You have four minutes to get into Princess Celestia’s room where she’s at the kitchen for a last sweet before bed, and Princess Luna is watching for everypony’s dreams already. Her personal archives are behind a secret door, at the bottom of her closet. Beware the detection spells.”

Narberal grinned, as she showed Cleaning Miracle a crystal. The maid understood, and smiled, pleased.
During her brief staying at Nazarik, she have learned to appreciate the amazing powers of her new Master, and she knew that the crystal had his magic, sealed inside. More powerful than any detection spell Celestia could cast. Celestia was powerful, that was truth, but she wasn’t too familiar with anti-spying spells.

Then, Narberal materialized a leather sack, where she began to take a series of scrolls. “Deflect Magic. Perfect disguise. Invisibility. Deceive Magic. Block Aura.”

She disappeared right before Cleaning Miracle, who prayed for Lady Narberal’s success.

Narberal began to walk around the hallways. Thanks to the spells she activated, none of the servants nor soldiers detected her presence.
Soon enough, Narberal was at Celestia’s room. She have walked the same path so many times when she was working at the castle.

Narberal entered to the closet, and, thanks to Cleaning’s indications, she found the door in no time. Then, Narberal materialized a small bell. She rang the bell, and the door opened without resistance.

Two minutes left.

She was reading the documents as fast as she could. If it wasn’t for the pair of magic glasses that Lord Ainz lend her, she would have a lot of trouble trying to figure out what the documents said. She was more or less fluent in Equish now, but, this archaic dialect was completely different from she was used to.

Narberal raised an eyebrow. “I don’t know if admiring you for being able to create this creatures, or, feel pity for your incapability to control them, Celestia.”

When the Princess returned to her room, Narberal was with Cleaning Miracle already.

“I hope I served you well, Lady Narberal!” said Cleaning, bowing before Nabel.

Narberal Gamma made a small nod. “Yes. You exceeded my expectations, Cleaning Miracle. I’m proud of you, and I’m sure Lord Ainz would be pleased as well.”

“I’m forever thankful for Lord Ainz’ kindness. Now I only hope that our Princesses realize that joining him is the best option for Equestria.”

Great Tomb of Nazarik, Throne Room:

The documents materialized in front of Demiurge, who put on a pair of magic glasses as well, and began to examine them closely.

“Have you found something useful, Demiurge?” asked Albedo.

“Yes. I confirmed my hypothesis, of what happened with the ponies and their creations. The monsters that now threaten the ponies were their allies, once. They created this monsters, with especial abilities to answer to any trick humans can pull on them with ease. But, when they went into hiding, these creatures lost their purpose in life. And, they turned against their creators and the creatures they swore to protect one day.”

“Who is so stupid to allow something they created to turn against them? I’m not surprised that they went into hiding. Being so incompetent, it’s the only way to survive.”

Demiurge shrugged. “They are still interesting allies. Besides, this information gave us the perfect card to bargain.”

“What do you mean?”

“The magic they developed to control their own creations, the Elements of Harmony, is protective magic. Only good to seal them away, but they don’t have a long term solution.”

Albedo grinned. “I see. Instead of wasting an entire army in subduing the ponies, we can spare a few soldiers to take care of these creatures instead.”

Author's Note:

Okay, this is a bit foreshadowing for what’s about to come. Pretty obvious if you ask me, but, this is a short fic.

Read ya’ later!!