• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 437 Views, 10 Comments

Magical Movie Night: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



The Rainbooms deal with a few things after their time at Camp Everfree with Fragment Hunter helping them. However, they aren't the only ones that came from Remnant. A few opponents that the Huntsmen and Huntresses have faced are here as well.

  • ...
2
 10
 437

Movie Magic Chapter 1: Behind the Scenes

Dark clouds covered the sky and lightning struck over a volcano in the middle of a jungle as a cloaked figure approached the landmark. As they walked toward the volcano, he stopped at a pair of torches that acted like a gate and removed his hood to reveal himself. The man had an appearance that just screamed 'classic movie villain look' and laughed evilly as he dramatically threw his cloak open to reveal his exploration outfit underneath. "It is almost time," he said as he pulled out an ornate golden scepter with red jewels at the ends from his cloak. "Once I have all three relics, no one will be able to stop me, and Marapore will fall," he boasted in evil triumph. "For I am Stalwart Stallion—!"

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa," somebody called out from just out of view.

"Ugh! Cut," shouted somebody else. The jungle and volcano were revealed to be part of a movie set and the 'Stalwart Stallion' man was an actor who was playing the villain role. The director who told everyone to stop turned to see Fragment Hunter and the Rainbooms looking at Rainbow Dash, who interrupted the take.

"Sorry," Rainbow Dash apologized. "But at this point in the story, Stalwart Stallion would be known as Mojo." Everyone looked at the girl and Twilight wagged her finger at her to scold. "What? You think he wants Daring Do fans to call him out for making a mistake like that," she stated, thinking that she didn't do anything wrong.

As Rainbow spoke, Celadon was looking through one of the scripts that was left aside and found the scene they were watching. "It even says the exact name in the script right here," she said as she gave the script to the director and pointed to the line.

Reading the page for himself, the director turned back to the actor who was playing Stalwart Stallion. "They're right. Let's go again," he said before bringing the megaphone back up to his face. "And this time, say 'Mojo' instead of 'Stalwart Stallion', 'kay? And action!" Everyone watched as the scene was starting over again and Rainbow Dash had a very excited smile on her face the whole time.

After the take was completed, the director was showing the large group around the set. "I can't believe we're really here," Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Thank you so much for letting us come, Mr. Zoom," Twilight said to the director.

"We promise we won't get in the way," Sunset Shimmer told him before looking at Rainbow Dash. "Again." Rainbow Dash only laughed in embarrassment.

"I was honestly surprised that you would invite us here, Canter Zoom," Ventus Gaia voiced as he walked alongside Terracotta and Ivy.

"As a fellow Camp Everfree alum, I was more than happy to afford the ones who helped save it the chance to visit the set of our little film," Canter Zoom told the group.

"Eh-heh! Little," Rainbow Dash scoffed before continuing in an excited tone. "This is Daring Do we're talking about! This movie is gonna be huge!"

Slate was looking at the first Daring Do novel that Twilight gave him to check out since they arrived when he spoke up. "If these books tell me what the movie might be like, I'm with Rainbow. These stories are awesome," the gunslinger of Team FCSA said. "Puzzle-solving, action scenes, exotic locations. I told Azalea before on our first date that if I wasn't trying to be a Huntsman, I'd be a treasure hunter."

"That sounds like fun," Pinkie Pie remarked. "I'm sure this movie will be amazing!"

Soon, one of Canter Zoom's assistants arrived and spoke to the director about something. "Uh, there's a problem in wardrobe. They can't find the costume Daring Do is supposed to wear in the nightclub scene."

Canter Zoom put a hand against his face as he heard the bad news. "If we're ever able to finish it, it will be," he told the group about the movie. "If you'll excuse me, I need to go help with wardrobe."

"We'll join you," Terracotta said as he, Ivy, and Ventus went with the director to help out.

As the adults left, Twilight pulled out a schedule while Slate continued to read the novel that she loaned him. "According to our visitor schedules, they won't start shooting the next scene for a while, which means we have time to—"

"Get my picture taken with Chestnut Magnifico, the actress playing Daring Do," Rarity interrupted as she expressed what she wanted to do between scenes.

"And ask her to sign my petition to bring more bird feeders to Canterlot High," Fluttershy added as she held Spike in her arms.

Everyone looked at Fluttershy before Cereza asked what everyone was thinking. "Care to explain why you think a celebrity such as this Chestnut woman would help you? I'm only curious."

"Well, Chestnut Magnifico is an avid supporter of a foundation that helps build homes for animals in need," Fluttershy explained as she hugged Spike.

"My uncle's construction company does that too," Azalea said. "Providing homes for those who need it was the main reason why his family was so successful. Along with all the investments and other business ventures he's done, Uncle Mason is a very rich man."

"I wouldn't mind tagging along to meet this actress," Bianca told Rarity, who smiled brightly at the Dove Faunus.

"Oh, okay," Twilight said. "But I was thinking that we could—"

"Check out all the sets," Sunset Shimmer suggested as she interrupted Twilight.

"That sounds like fun," Rebecca remarked as Vinyl gave a thumbs-up in agreement.

"I'd love to look around," Lapis said.

"I'd sure like to get a closer look at that volcano," Applejack added.

Twilight looked at the schedule as she tried to explain her own idea of what to do. "Actually, I thought we'd—"

"Find the buffet," Spike said as he cut off Twilight.

"And the craft service tables," Momo added as she looked at the talking dog.

"And the cupcake fountain," Pinkie Pie said as she picked up Spike. Upon hearing what her older doppelganger said, Momo started drooling at the thought of cupcakes.

"I don't know what a cupcake fountain is, but I'm pretty sure they don't have one," Rainbow Dash remarked.

"Of course they do," Pinkie said as she pulled out a brochure. "I read it in my '100 Things You Didn't Know About This Movie Studio: Insider's Tour Guide'."

"Is the number-one thing we didn't know that the guy who founded this studio was an eccentric oddball with a sweet tooth," Applejack and Rua both asked playfully. Looking at the pamphlet, Pinkie immediately said that was the correct answer, making Rua chuckle.

Twilight was a little disappointed at the fact everyone wanted to do their own thing. "I guess we're splitting up," she asked and everyone agreed as the separated. Rarity, Fluttershy, Bianca, Silver, Sunset Blaze, Celadon, and Cereza all went to find the actress. Sunset Shimmer and Applejack went off to explore the sets with Rebecca, Vinyl, Lapis, and Rua. Pinkie Pie, Spike, Momo, Azalea, and Vixen went off to find as much food as they could. This left Twilight with Rainbow Dash and Slate, prompting her to ask them if they wanted to do her thing. "I don't suppose you want to—"

"Check out the props that A. K. Yearling designed specially for the movie," Rainbow Dash interrupted once more, but Twilight smiled at the idea.

"You read my mind," Twilight said.

"Sounds like fun," Slate voiced as he closed the book and went with the girls. Unknown to everyone, four individuals started to follow each group as they separated.

Author's Note:

Alright! The first chapter of the Movie Magic special is complete. Give me a few days and I'll continue it.