• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 437 Views, 10 Comments

Magical Movie Night: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



The Rainbooms deal with a few things after their time at Camp Everfree with Fragment Hunter helping them. However, they aren't the only ones that came from Remnant. A few opponents that the Huntsmen and Huntresses have faced are here as well.

  • ...
2
 10
 437

Dance Magic Chapter 5: The Phantom Thief

Rarity, Twilight, and the Shadowbolts all heard what Sunset Blaze said as she said the name of the intruder who walked through the wall of mirrors to enter the dance studio of Crsytal Prep Academy. "This is the thief that you've all dealt with," Rarity asked the members of Fragment Hunter.

"That's correct, my sweet and shining jewel," Smoke Shadow replied as he moved near the Shadowbolts and looked at Rarity. "My card," he said as he held up a calling card and tossed it gently to Rarity. The fashionista caught it and saw an emblem that looked like a two colored half-moon with diamond shapes to resemble a mask and a raccoon’s tail curling to resemble a question mark.

"He's a Raccoon Faunus from the Kingdom of Mistral and grew up as an orphan with his best friends," Sunset Blaze explained. "He claims that there's nowhere he can't break into and he's right because of his 'Phantasm' Semblance. He can phase through objects and walk through walls for as long as he can hold his breath."

"He said his name was 'Leblanc' when I met him at the mall and he stopped me from falling to the ground," Rarity said as she looked at Smoke and his attire. "He's a gentleman and he definitely has style with that outfit."

The Shadowbolts watched as Smoke continued to circle the room before Sugarcoat spoke to Rarity. "Tell us, Rarity. Do you have special feelings for this boy," she asked bluntly.

"What?! Of course not," Rarity exclaimed as she denied any attraction toward the criminal. "I just consider him special and I'm grateful for him helping me. Sure it was a surprise to see him here, even if he showed up by walking through a wall." Rarity's face and gestures failed to convince the others that she didn't like Smoke Shadow.

"Yep... you definitely do like him," Sugarcoat stated as she fixed her glasses, making Rarity blush and fume at the girl's lack of subtlety.

Getting back on track, Sunset Blaze walked over to the Faunus and looked him in the eye. "So, Smoke Shadow. Why'd you take the boombox," she asked.

"I was in the neighborhood and I thought that I'd pay a visit to some girls I saw earlier," Smoke answered as he made his way around the room again. "The strange thing is that when I did, they decided to take something from somebody that was just being a generous soul. Not only that, but it was one of the few things nobody should ever take," he said as he stood in front of the Shadowbolts.

"Oh, and what would that be, you walking cliche," Sour Sweet asked with her usual namesake tone, muttering what she called Smoke Shadow.

The Raccoon Faunus looked at the girl and pointed his hooked cane at her before he gave his answer in a serious voice. "Credit." Pressing a button on his cane, electricity began to spark off of the weapon and intimidate the Crystal Prep student into back off. "You never steal credit for doing something. You also don't steal from charities or innocent families. I could go on, but that would take too much time," he said before deactivating the electricity. "You four are lucky that I don't like to hurt girls. If I did, let's just say that you wouldn't like having your teeth knocked out one at a time and force fed to you. My partner, on the other hand, is more than willing to do something like that." Smoke Shadow's threat made the Shadowbolts all gulp in fear before he continued. "It's a good thing I'm not giving him the chance to do so. I already got what I wanted from you girls," he remarked as he reached into his pocket to pull out a few wallets.

The Shadowbolts recognized the designs and checked their pockets to see that they had been robbed. "Hey! My wallet," Lemon Zest exclaimed as she found her pockets were empty.

"He stole all of our wallets," Sugarcoat stated.

"Don't worry. You can have them back," Smoke said as he started to use slight-of-hand magic tricks to make it look like the wallets were being shuffled around like a deck of cards. Tossing the items back to the Shadowbolts, he revealed that he had also taken most of their money as he did his trick. "I left you enough for snacks somewhere," he added as he placed the money in a pouch on his leg.

"You never get tired of that magic hand thing, do you," Sunset Blaze asked the thief.

"You're one to talk," Azalea voiced. "You actually slept with the guy." When Azalea blabbed about the relationship between Blaze and Smoke, most of the girls in the room blushed a bright red while the Raccoon Faunus only smirked.

"I knew he was an ex-boyfriend of yours," Rarity remarked as she composed herself.

"He isn't," Rebecca stated as she drew some shuriken and prepared the throw them.

"He's still wanted in Remnant," Azalea said as she pulled out her Multi-Action Dust Baton from a holder on the back of her belt.

Smoke Shadow grinned as he looked at Azalea. "But we're not in Remnant, my gorgeous flower," he reminded the girl before taking her hand and giving it a kiss. "Either way, I must bid you all farewell. Good luck with the music video troubles," he said as he walked backward and went through a wall. Before any of the Huntresses could go after him, the building began to shake and everyone in the dance studio fell to the ground.

"Great. He's here, too," Sunset Blaze remarked as she and Azalea knew why the building shook. "Think he wants a rematch," she asked the Cow Faunus.

"When doesn't he want one," Azalea said as she helped Twilight to her feet.

"We aren't near any sort of fault line. What was that," Twilight asked as she questioned the shaking building.

"We'll explain on the way back to CHS," Rebecca told Twilight. "Just help carry Rua out." As the girls began to leave, Rarity pouted angrily as she was reminded about her stolen video concept and the Shadowbolts claiming that their video would have been better than her attempts.

While the others left, Sunset Blaze stayed behind to speak with the Shadowbolts. "I'm sure that you won't be able to get far with Rarity's idea," she told the Crystal Prep students. "There are still others in that contest. You aren't the only ones. I'm sure that somebody's original song and dance will take first prize." Before the Shadowbolts could say anything, Blaze walked away and closed the door of the studio.

"Did we just get roasted and robbed by some thief right from under our noses," Lemon Zest asked as the four girls processed everything.

"Let's just focus on our routine," Sour Sweet said. "We'll use your phone, Sugarcoat." Sugarcoat handed Sour Sweet her phone and they started to play music by Sapphire Shores. "I'm not going to let some walking cliche or a doppelganger of a CHS student talk us out of winning the prize."

"He's a wanted criminal that threatened to make us eat our own teeth," Sugarcoat reminded. "I'm pretty sure that he would've gone through with it if he had the desire to."

"Let's just finish practice," Sunny Flare said. "But still... he is kinda cute," she commented and made the other stare at her in confusion. "What?"

Author's Note:

And now that this chapter is done, we can get back to the Rainbooms later. Once again, ask any questions that you want to ask.