• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 437 Views, 10 Comments

Magical Movie Night: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



The Rainbooms deal with a few things after their time at Camp Everfree with Fragment Hunter helping them. However, they aren't the only ones that came from Remnant. A few opponents that the Huntsmen and Huntresses have faced are here as well.

  • ...
2
 10
 437

Dance Magic Chapter 6: Brainstorming Session

After returning from Crystal Prep, Rarity had to break the bad news to the rest of the Rainbooms and Fragment Hunter. "Oh, this is all my fault! All the money we raised is gone, and now we have no music video! I should never have convinced you all that we could pull this off in so little time," Rarity bemoaned.

"Well, to make ya feel better, at least Smoke took their own money out of their wallets," Sunset Blaze reminded.

"I still can't believe that he's here in this world," Lapis said as Blaze told everyone about what happened after confronting the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts.

"You need to be careful about who you can trust," Azalea told Rarity. "Huntsmen that work together need allies that will help them when they need it."

"And we're just that," Rainbow Dash declared. "We're great at doing stuff super-fast. I mean, look at Pinkie Pie. She just built that castle made entirely out of chocolate bars while we were talking."

Hearing what Rainbow Dash said, everyone looked at Pinkie and saw that the girl was putting the finishing touches on a castle made out of cookies, chocolate, and other candy. Satisfied with her creation, she took off a chocolate bar and bit into it. "Want some," she asked the others and immediately when she did, Azalea and Momo grabbed a couple of pieces to enjoy for themselves.

"What I want is a new video concept," Rarity said while the girls ate chocolate.

"So let's create one," Rainbow Dash said, encouraging Rarity once again.

Fragment Hunter and the Rainbooms all agreed to brainstorm some ideas for a backup video. "I'm sure that if we put our heads together, we'll come up with something even better than before," Sunset Shimmer stated. While Rarity started to think of an idea, Pinkie Pie grabbed each of the Rainbooms and put them into a group huddle where they literally put their heads together.

"I think it's working," Pinkie said to the girls, making Fragment Hunter roll their eyes in amusement at the girl's antics.

" Yeah! I-I got somethin'," Applejack told everyone as an idea came to her. "Okay, so we're in home-ec class..."

"Hold up. Let's make it a little easier for everyone," Vixen said and started to use her Semblance to create illusions of the ideas the others shared. In a couple flashes of light, each of the Rainbooms were now standing around the Home Economics room of Canterlot High. When they did, Vixen made it so that each of the girls were now wearing new clothes that fit for Applejack's idea and made them look like cowgirls. When she saw what she was wearing, Rarity let out a horrified scream at the worn-out overalls she had on. Vixen laughed at the joke she pulled on the fashionista before Applejack continued on with her idea.

"...bakin' some apple fritters," AJ said and Vixen created trays of the food that the girls now held onto. "And then, a fresh batch comes outta the oven," she said and enjoyed the smell of the treats as Vixen's illusions were extremely convincing. "And everybody's havin' a great time!"

"Sounds nice enough," Azalea said as she agreed with the idea and the other girls started to talk with each other.

Rarity was just about to take a bite into an apple fritter when she thought about the idea again and paused. "Wait. So basically, we are eating pastries at school in our music video," Rarity questioned and Pinkie stole the fritter from her hand.

Applejack laughed in embarassment as she looked at Rarity. "Uh, I guess I'm just kinda hungry," AJ admitted.

"Yeah. You girls didn't get a chance to eat any of the chocolate friendship castle," Vixen remarked as she dispelled her illusion to show that most of the sculpture was eaten at, making it look like it was in ruins.

"My castle! My art! My masterpiece," Pinkie cried dramatically as Momo continued to munch away at the roof of the edible sculpture. "Eh, I'll just make a new one later," Pinkie said happily as she immediately calmed down and took a piece of the castle to nibble on for herself.

After watching Pinkie's little act, Rarity moved back to the brainstorming session. "Anyone have another idea," she said with an annoyed look on her face.

"Oh, oh! I do," Rainbow Dash called out. "So... we're in the middle of the jungle," she described and Vixen made another illusion of the location described. Vixen even gave each of the Rainbooms outfits that were fit for exploration, but was kind enough to give Rarity a more fashionable one after her initial prank. "And we're being chased by henchmen who are shooting poison arrows at us!" The Rainbooms all screamed as they dodged arrows being shot at them, but the members of Fragment Hunter dodged the attacks or deflected the arrows with their combat skills before Rainbow continued to explain her idea. "We run for safety when suddenly, out of nowhere, the shadow of a giant beast appears!"

As soon as Vixen created the shadow of a beast, Twilight interrupted to say something. "Wait a second! Isn't this a scene from the latest Daring Do book," she questioned.

Rainbow Dash laughed in embarassment as she rubbed the back of her head. "Oh, yeah. That's why it seemed so cool. Never mind," she said.

"Well, we had to think up of a few different ideas before settling on our current one," Cereza said as she deflected an arrow with her tonfa. "So, we'd be happy to share our scrapped ideas with you."

"Alright! We're in a couple of different locations throughout Remnant like Forever Fall," Celadon said as Vixen created the appropriate scenery. "The beautiful red leaves gently flowing in the breeze as we walk along our way. Then, we have the music starting up when begin Grimm to appear." Vixen created illusions of numerous types of Grimm like Beowolves or Death Stalkers. "As the battle starts, we move in time to the music and fight the Grimm while the locations change around, which has us dealing with all sorts of enemies as we showcase our styles," Celadon elaborated as Vixen changed the locations from the red forest to all sorts of different areas like a ship at sea or a snowy village while other Grimm showed up.

When the scene changed to a ruined city, a Nevermore flew by and Fluttershy ducked under the monster bird. "Why didn't you go with this one," Fluttershy asked as Bianca Coloratura helped her to her feet.

"I thought the song we were going with made more sense with a different idea," Bianca explained before Pinkie started to get excited about something.

"Okay! I've got it," Pinkie exclaimed.

Rarity looked at the girl before she heard the illusion of the Nevermore cry out and throw its feathers like darts. Screaming as she dodged the attack, Rarity asked Pinkie to continue. "Please, do tell."

"We'll start out on... the moon," Pinkie said and Vixen used her illusions. Unlike the others, Pinkie's idea was brought to life in the form of a child's drawing and Vixen had to keep herself from laughing as she kept it up. "And we'll be wearing really sparkly costumes. No, wait! We'll be in spacesuits," Pinkie said as she thought of more details and Vixen added them. "We're surrounded by gorgonzola cheese! But then, a space doggie walks over and start to eat the cheese!"

As Vixen added onto the idea, her laughter was getting louder as she made floating cheese wheels and Spike soon floating past one to take a bite out of it. "Mmm! Rich with buttery undertones," Spike said and Vixen immediately lost it. As everyone laughed at Pinkie's idea and Vixen's illusions of it, Rarity was losing her patience.

"Stop! This will never work," Rarity shouted and Vixen's illusions stopped, putting everyone back into the music room of Canterlot High School.

"Aw, why not," Pinkie and Momo asked as they stood next to Rainbow Dash.

"Because the contest is for dance music videos, and not one of your ideas included dancing at all," Rarity exclaimed as she was getting annoyed at how nobody seemed to be helping.

"I take offense to that," Vinyl shouted and started to show off her battle style's dance-like movements as music played from her weapon, Rhythm Scratch.

When Vinyl's routine ended, Pinkie held up a scorecard that read '9.6'. "Sweet moves," she said to Vinyl before returning to the topic of the other video ideas. "But ours were pretty funny, huh," she asked with a giggle. "I liked yours, Rainbow Dash."

"Thank, Pinkie," Rainbow Dash said.

Rarity was getting more annoyed with the lack of help and growled in frustration, prompting Fluttershy to respond. "Are you okay," she asked Rarity.

"Okay? No, I am not okay," Rarity angrily told the others. "The contest deadline is tomorrow, and we have just been wasting time!" After ranting to the others, Rarity stormed out of the music room and began to leave the school grounds.

While the Rainbooms were unnerved by Rarity's meltdown, Sunset Blaze sighed before she spoke up. "Me and Azalea are going to go check on her. Besides, we're almost done with our video," she said.

"We'll see you guys after we talk with her," Azalea said as she and Blaze went off to follow the frustrated girl.

Author's Note:

Alright. A few more days to chat with my friend about this one special, then it's done. After that, I'll move onto talking with them about the next special, "Movie Magic".

Personally, I really want to keep going with this because I have a plan for when Sunset heads to Equestria to get her new journal. I'll let you guess as to what it is. Until then, go ahead and ask me whatever you want about my stories or characters.