• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 436 Views, 10 Comments

Magical Movie Night: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



The Rainbooms deal with a few things after their time at Camp Everfree with Fragment Hunter helping them. However, they aren't the only ones that came from Remnant. A few opponents that the Huntsmen and Huntresses have faced are here as well.

  • ...
2
 10
 436

Dance Magic Chapter 8: Crystal Rainbooms

Back at Canterlot High School, Fragment Hunter and the Rainbooms followed Rarity into to gym as she wanted to tell them something. "So what's the big plan you were excited about," Applejack asked before Rarity opened the doors to show off a newly decorated stage. The teenagers were amazed by all the crystals and colors on a dance floor that was similar to an old nightclub.

After being awed by the new stage, Sunset Shimmer realized something. "Aren't the Crystal Prep girls using this video idea now?"

"They are, yes. But so are we! Girls, you can come out now," Rarity said before calling out and the Shadowbolts walked out onto the stage. The Rainbooms were surprised to see the Crystal Prep girls, but Fragment Hunter all got into stances and were ready to fight when the moment called for it. Before anybody could do anything, Rarity continued talking. "I know it's hard to believe, but the Crystal Preppers here helped me to realize that competing against one another was getting us nowhere."

"And Rarity helped show us that winning was the only thing driving us," Lemon Zest stated. "We didn't even care if we had to steal to accomplish it."

"But that's not who we are. Anymore," Sour Sweet said as she was sounding more humble.

"It better not be, Cranberry," Rua said as she held up a fist.

As Rarity gently put Rua's arm down, she spoke up again. "The Crystal Prep Academy girls have offered to help with dance moves if we'll help them with an original song," she explained.

"Combining our talents is the most logical thing to do," Sugarcoat stated.

"We'll make one epic music video together," Sunny Flare told the Rainbooms.

"So, what do you guys think? Are you in," Rarity asked with overeager anticipation.

While most of the Rainbooms were unsure and Fragment Hunter was indifferent, Pinkie Pie had a giant excited smile on her face as she gave her answer. "Best! Music! Video! Idea ever!"

"Ehh. I've made a few different ones, so that might be debatable," Bianca said as she thought about the idea.

"Let's get everything set up," Sunset Blaze told everyone. "We'll help with special effects since our video's done now."

"Yup. We just sent it in before Rarity asked us to come over here," Bianca stated.

"Okay, then. Let's go, girls," Sunset Shimmer said as everyone participating in the music video shoot went to get changed.


After the girls all changed, they were talking about a few different things while Fragment Hunter made sure the stage were good for recording the video. Fluttershy and Azalea walked over to Sunny Flare and handed her a lyric sheet. "We can start by teaching you the words to our song," Fluttershy told the Crystal Prep girl.

Sunny Flare took the paper and quickly read the lyrics before she talked to Fluttershy. "But this is just about the Rainbooms. There's nothing about us in the lyrics," Sunny Flare said.

"That's easy to fix," Azalea remarked. "Just a little editing and you'll be good to go for the song itself."

"Exactly," Fluttershy agreed as she held a pen. "Wanna help me make some changes?"

Sunny Flare smiled as she, Fluttershy, and Azalea went to rewrite the lyrics with Bianca. Rarity enjoyed how everyone was getting along now that they were collaborating on the video. "Anybody else care to work on some music," she asked.

"We'll get to it after I teach you some dance moves," Sour Sweet told Rarity.

"Music first," Rarity insisted.

"Dance first," Sour Sweet insisted before it turned into a shouting match.

"Music first!"

"Dance first!"

"Music first!"

"Dance first!"

"Uhh... arguing isn't really helping," Sunset Blaze said as she watched everything.

"The order is irrelevant," Sugarcoat stated as she looked disapprovingly at the two girls while Pinkie Pie and Momo watched. "We have more than enough people to work out both at the same time."

"The girl with the ironic name is right," Silver remarked. "And don't get started on the irony of my own name as well," he added as he whipped his wolf tail around.

"Oh, yeah," Rarity said as she and Sour Sweet laughed in embarrassment. After feeling ashamed of themselves, the girls came to a compromise and everyone got ready for the music video. "Lights," Rarity called out.

"Camera," Sour Sweet called.

"Action," Rarity said and the girls started their video shoot.


At the Canterlot Mall, the three groups watched the winning video on a couple of televisions. Smiling as 'Dance Magic' played, Vinyl, Momo, and Bianca all did the dance steps featured in the video. After the video ended, the teenagers shared their excitement over everything. "Yee-hoo! We've got enough to make Camp Everfree look just like new," Applejack exclaimed.

"And we're having the spring dance on a yacht," Lemon Zest said as she practically shook with excitement.

"Not to mention we managed to get second prize and have enough money to last us quite a while here," Celadon added as she remarked on Fragment Hunter's own entry.

"We're rich! We're rich, I tell you," Momo shouted in excitement as she rolled around on money scatter across the floor.

"Um, Momo. It's really not all that much," Twilight told the younger doppelganger of Pinkie Pie.

"We're well off! Well off, I tell you," Momo corrected as she continued to roll around in the money like a dog in the grass.

"Okay, that's enough, Sugar Rush," Slate said as he grabbed his sister's shirt collar like a cat and got her to stand upright. When Momo was off the money, Layla used her Semblance to collect the funds.

"Who's up for a celebratory Aunt Orange smoothie," Pinkie Pie asked as she put her arms around Applejack and Lemon Zest's shoulders.

Everyone agreed and headed off, leaving Rarity to talk with Sunset Blaze and Sour Sweet as the fashionista stopped the girl from Crystal Prep. "I have just had the most brilliant idea! Maybe Crystal Prep could use an award-winning band to play at their spring dance? It'll be the perfect way to show off your new dance moves," Rarity suggested as she was excited at the idea of her friends playing on a yacht.

"That would be amazing," Sour Sweet agreed before she thought of something else. "Of course, then we'd have a new dilemma to deal with."

"Oh, no. What," Rarity asked in worry.

"Figuring out what we're all gonna wear," Sour Sweet replied.

Hearing what the girl said, Rarity's worries vanished as she smiled. "Oh, I already have some ideas that I'd be willing to share," she said.

"Me too," Sour Sweet told Rarity as the two laughed and headed off to meet up with their friends.

"Glad to know you're getting along after this," Sunset Blaze remarked as she walked alongside the girls.

As they left, Smoke Shadow watched the girls as he messed around with a type of high-tech lockpick that had a safe dial on it. While he did, a short and scrawny-looking young man with glasses and dirty blond hair was looking at a laptop next to the Raccoon Faunus. "I'm getting some strange readings from those seven girls that you saw before, Smoke," the young man said as he fixed his glasses.

"And what would that be," Smoke asked as he put the lockpick in his pocket.

"I don't know, but the energy signature is very similar to what brought us to this world in the first place," the blond said. "Not to mention that the members of Fragment Hunter seem to be giving off their own unique energies as well."

Smoke thought about what his associate was implying and understood enough as he asked his next question. "You think that you can give us a way to get back to Remnant, Oliver?"

"Analyzing the readings from both groups will help me get what I need. Until then, you and Rouge keep a close eye on them," the young male, revealed as 'Oliver', said as he typed at his computer. "I'll upgrade your spycams so that you can get me the information I need."

Smoke smiled and nudged the blond he stood next to. "What would I do without you, buddy?"

"Lots of things," Oliver retorted with a smile of his own. "If this is successful, we'll be able to travel between this world and Remnant at our pleasure."

"Okay then," Smoke said as he pulled up his hood. "Let's get to work, Gamma."

Author's Note:

And now, the first special is done! Dance Magic is completed and Smoke Shadow's gang is getting things ready for what they're planning. With the brains of the operation studying the magical energy that Fragment Hunter and the Rainbooms give off, seems like the thieves are working on a way to access the Equestria Girls world whenever they choose. Will it work? What will our heroes do with these enemies watching them? What else can we expect in the next two covered specials? Stick around and find out.

As for Fragment Hunter's video entry, their video idea was essentially a variation of the Beacon Dance as a music video with "Shine" playing for the song because in my story, Bianca Coloratura sings it.