• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 930 Views, 24 Comments

Cory: The Fear of Water - artman7391



Cory faces moments of his darkest past in the hopes of regaining a bit of his childhood

  • ...
26
 24
 930

Planning a date

It was late afternoon. Cory, in his human form, could be found in the fields of Ponyville, practicing a few calming methods master Zecora had taught him. It had been awhile since he had a moment of serenity and put her methods to use. The spells and tai chi-esque movements were just what he needed, especially after that dramatic episode with Sunburst and Starlight the other day. Unbeknownst to him, a certain pink Hippogriff was dreamily watching him from a nearby rock, with her claws supporting her head.

"HEEEEY CORY!!" Silverstream shouted, to which Cory broke his concentration.

"Oh," Cory replied. "Hello Silverstream. I was just in a moment of trance."

"Gee. I've really never seen you in your true, human form before." Silverstream commented.

"Well," Cory replied. "Here I am and here you go."

"You doing anything interesting and important at the moment?"

"Uh, yes actually I am, I was. I was simply practicing a few moves that Master Zecora taught me to calm my nerves. It's actually very affective, you should try it some time."

"Oh, uh, Ok, I won't keep you. You keep doing what you're doing." Silverstream sighed with dreamy eyes.

An hour passed and Silverstream had still kept her eyes on Cory's face. Her attraction towards him was even stronger than before. As he made different poses and movements with his feet and hands, she watched his face carefully, wishing she could tell him what her true feelings about him were. But alas, she knew they were two of a different species. 'How possibly' she thought to herself 'could a Hippogriff and human/semi-pony create an intimate relationship.

Before she knew it, the sun was beginning to dip in the west. Cory had long retired from his practice, therefore, Silverstream came to the realization was merely daydreaming about him for the last few minutes. After looking around to make sure no one was watching her, she flew to the new clubhouse that taken the tree of harmony's place.

The interior was strikingly similar to Twilight's castle, both in theme and in decoration. Still, it seemed hollow and empty, as it had just grown out of the ground a few weeks back. Once inside, Silverstream noticed her friends were all staring at her sternly. She then looked at a nearby mirror and noticed she was still dreamy eyed.

"Oh, uh. Hello..Friends." She tried to say as she shook her head to normalcy a made a rather guilty looking smile. "I see your all..heart, I mean here...yes, all here. What is the tribble...I mean trouble?"

"Silverstream." Gallus said bluntly. "We all know what you're hiding."

"Hiding?" Silverstream asked. "What do you mean hiding? I wasn't seeing anyone...I mean anything..I mean...Uh...How are you?"

"Oh, come on Silverstream." Smolder added. "The dreamy eyes, the blush in your face, the hearts that somehow start to pop out of your head..."

"There's no need to hide it friend." Ocelus added. "You're obviously in love."

"What do you mean?" Silverstream asked.

"Yona want to ask a very serious question." Said Yona as she approached her. "Does Hippogriff..Have a crush...on Cory?"

Silverstream's eyes widened, giving a very nervous look to her face.

"Well...Uh..." She tried to explain. "It's not that..It's just that..I..Well..."

She looked at her friends and realized she couldn't hold it in any further.

"YEEEEESS!!" She shouted with glee, as the sound of her voice reverberated across the walls.

"Huh, guess Yona and I aren't the only ones to go further in a relationship." Said Sandbar.

"Oh, if only you guys knew what I feel about him." Silverstream reminisced. "He's just so...Handsome...and talented...and nice...and everything I always dreamed of in a boyfriend. I could never find the right one for me back in Seaquestria. Every seapony would find their perfect match. But I just couldn't. Now, now is real chance for me to truly fall in love with my very first crush! I just hope I don't disappoint him."

"Yeah, that's the thing about crushes..." Said Gallus

"They always end hard." Smolder added.

"And that's why they're called crushes." They both said together with a fist bump.

"Come on guys." Ocelus insisted. "Silverstream really is in love with someone. And we need to make that someone know the same."

"Really!!!? You would do that for Me?!!" Silverstream asked excitedly.

"Were all best friends here." Sandbar replied. "Besides, it's working out for me and Yona."

"Oh, you guys are the best!!! Group Hug!!"

At that moment, Silverstream grabbed everyone around in a tight embrace.

"Ugh." Smolder said. "Can't you just find an alternative to hugs for us dragons?"

Everyone but her laughed with glee.

"Alright," Ocelus said. "If we're gonna have a romantic date for Silverstream and Cory, we gotta make sure it's special. Yona, Sandbar, you come up with ideas on how to make the setting special. Smolder, Gallus, you do the effects. Silverstream and I will pick just the right music for the moment. Every creature get it."

"Got it." They all said together, and with that, they spread out to their assignments.

However, unbeknownst to them, a mysterious figure was glaring in the high bushes from afar.

"Oh, this is just too rich!!" Said Cozy Glow. "The Hippogriff is in love with Cory!! Boy, the look on his face when he figures out where she's from."