• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 930 Views, 24 Comments

Cory: The Fear of Water - artman7391



Cory faces moments of his darkest past in the hopes of regaining a bit of his childhood

  • ...
26
 24
 930

New Recruits

The building was a foreboding place. Located just at the outskirts of Ponyville, the asylum looked like something out of a horror movie. As Cozy Glow stood at the wretched gates, she wondered how she possibly could get inside. It was then seh spotted one of the guards on his lunch break. Being the cunning and manipulative pegusi she was, she put on her best adorable, sad girl face and caught the guards attention.

"What's the matter young filly?" The guard asked.

"Oh nothing." Glow replied to her tears as she pretended to be humble. "It's just I heard one of my dearest and most lovable cousins was taken here, and I don't have a permission slip to see him."

"Oh, I'd love to help you out little girl." The guard replied. "But this is a place filled with lots of bad guys and dangerous ponies. I'm sure you'll get to see him once he's validated and approved to go back into society."

It was then she tried to make the saddest face she could in order to break him.

"B...but I can maybe let you in if you really miss him." The guard said.

"That sounds wonderful." Cozy said as she dried away her fake tears. "Golly, you're such a nice stallion."

With his horn, the guard opened the rusty doors and let her inside. The front yard looked very dilapidated and overgrown, as if nopony had tended to the lawn in years. As she landed on the porch, which was occupied by two eccentric looking ponies, one of which had large teeth and made a barking sound, she could only imagine what dark secrets lied in store at this place, which only made her more excited for her plan.

The interior was nothing like the rundown exterior, as it resembled a hospital like any other. With it's polished floor, flourescent lights and blank walls, one wouldn't figure this was a loony bin. Cozy Glow was able to sneak past the front desk and find the directory of residents on a small clipboard tied to the wall. After a few minutes of scanning and skimming, she finally found the names of several residents she was looking for. Surprisingly, they were staying in the same room.

"Alright Stiffson Academy." She said to herself. "Look's like you'll be making a comeback."

Cozy Glow flew down the hallways and across the corridors. She frequently hid behind random objects so as to not catch anypony's attention. Then, as she snatched a set of keys from one of the asylum attendants, she approached a door for living quarters, unlocked it, and crept inside. It was dark and foreboding, with the exception of a faint light shining through the blinds.

"What do you want now you filthy quadrupeds." Said a demonic voice.

"Oh, not much." Cozy Glow replied. "I'm just here to say hello and ask you a few questions."

"Just as we thought." Said another angry voice. "A damn journalist looking for another self-indulgent story on poor folk like us. Why don't you be useful and GET OUT!!"

"Golly." Cozy Glow replied. "You all must have very few friends visiting."

"We are smarter than all that." Said another. "Friendship is a waste of time."

"I don't think you should be saying that." Said Cozy Glow. "After all, friendship is a very powerful thing to have."

"How should you know you winged freak." Said a rather drill sergeant sounding voice.

"Because," Cozy replied. "It nearly gave me the power to take down all of Equestria."

"What should taking down a lousy stable full of multi colored horses have anything to do with us?" Asked the voices.

"Oh, it's not Equestria I want now," Cozy Glow said with innocence. "It's just a certain someone named Cory Agees that I just can't stand."

"What did you say?" The voices replied as Cozy Glow lights went up.

It was then she stared face to face at what looked to be the most terrifying looking teachers and coaches anypony laid eyes on, tied to their beds for an afternoon nap. They looked wretched, insane, and far passed their prime. Besides the patient uniforms, each looked hideously grotesque in their own revolting way. One of them was a skeletal looking math teacher with a shriveled face, firmly pressed makeup, and a beehive hairdo. Another looked looked like a fat, pudgy sofa with a bouquet of flowers for hair and sharp ended sausages for fingers. But out of all the 7-8 of these twisted souls, the one that stood out the most was the one in the middle. He was a brawn, muscular, bald headed man who was presumably Cory's former coach. His skin was sweating significantly as if he had just had an intense workout. His veins popped right out of his neck and arms, suggesting he would explode into a tirade. And his teeth were capped and grinding together, giving the impression he could chomp anyones skin off with just one bite.

"Oh, you poor poor dears." Cozy Glow said with sympathy. "You all must be very lonely all cooped up in this room by your lonesomes. Here, let me help you loosen up."

"WHO ARE YOU AND HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE!!" Snapped the former gym coach.

"Why, I'm just a little pegusi named Cozy Glow who's looking for some friends to play a game with. I just happened to wander about town and notice that some guests here are acquaintances to that nasty, mean and ungrateful Cory."

"How do you know about him?" One of them asked.

"Well," She continued with her lie. "I was just trying to make friends with him the other day. I said I wanted to talk, but he just spat back at me with some very mean words and..."

"TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT WITH US BEFORE I CRUSH YOU INTO HORSE STEW!!!" The coach shouted.

"You all want to take your revenge on this Cory, don't you?" Cozy Glow asked.

"As much as we want to escape this hell hole." One of the former teachers replied.

"Then you will listen to every instruction I tell you." Cozy Glow said with a serious face.

"I WOULDN'T TAKE ORDERS FROM A PUNY QUADRUPED LIKE YOU IF MY FREEDOM DEPENDED ON IT!!" The coach shouted.

"Very Well." Cozy Glow replied as she headed for the door. "Enjoy your stay."

"WAIT!" Shouted the fat teacher. "We'll do anything you say."

"That's more like it." Cozy Glow commented. "How about I loosen those straps of yours."

"That would be a godsend." Said the skeletal teacher.

The little pegusi flew over to the sides of their beds and unstrapped each one of her new accomplices with the greatest of ease. They jumped out of their imprisonment like wild animals and stretched out any loose bones of theirs. Cozy Glow rubbed her hooves with glee as her plan came into fruition.

"So, we are all agreed we want to get rid of that Prince Capricore." Said Cozy Glow, to which they nodded back devilishly. "Then you will have to listen to me very carefully, because I have a plan that will bring him to his knees once and for all."

The group huddled into a mass circle as Cozy Glow drew out what was sure to be a wickedly morbid scheme.