• Published 15th Oct 2018
  • 3,128 Views, 76 Comments

Antics of Anon - 23 KM To Nerdiness



Silly short/long stories with the reference-spewing human.

  • ...
17
 76
 3,128

Beware the Eyes

"Alright Spike. Remember: 'in and out'. No snacks, no comics, and NO stuffed pony toys to dress up as Rarity. Got it?"

"Shhhh! Keep your voice down." the dragon hisses with a blush. "Yes, I got it."

"Where's the list Twily gave you?"

"Right here."

You examine the list.

"Let's see now. Flour, sugar, latest copy of 'Diary of a Scrawny Colt'. No quills?" you thought. "Heh, I'm actually proud Purple Smart learned to take it easy on the poor quills."

"There's more."

You flip the note over...

Spoke too bucking soon.

Written all over, taking up 99.95% of the side read 'QUILLS'. The other .5% was a little sidenote:

"I've learned nothing. Live with it, Anon. :twilightsmile:"
~T

You pocket the list and roll your eyes as you head into town with Spike. Eventually, you two have obtained half of the list, including the alicorn's feathery victims. Having saved the food for last, you both make your way to the supermarket. Everything was all smooth sailing from there. No obstacles whatsoever.

You. And your mind's. BIG. Mouth.

Another thing you hoped to have NEVER encountered in Equestria, yet here you are. Right there, outside of your goal is a monster, THREE to be exact. A villainous, insidious evil that lures in naive adults to their doom with their "charm", one you've had to deal with back on Earth. Legend says one look into their hypnotic eyes, you're theirs til they get what they desire. A fate worse than Foodfight death. They are...

"Hey Anon!" Sweetie Belle exclaims. "Want some cookies?"

Girl scouts. Or "filly scouts" as this world calls it.

"They're chocolate chip." Scootaloo states, waving a box.

True, they were tempting, but you have willpower. You lightly push the box aside with a finger as you proceed inside the supermarket. "No thanks. I'm good."

"Come on Anon. Just one li'l box?" AppleBloom coos, blocking the entrance.

"No way! Last time you made me buy 20 boxes. I got so many cavities, Colgate slapped me."

"We'll go easy on ya. Make it 10."

"Eeenope! You no good cookie-pushers prey on the weak, right Spike?"

You turn and see the dragon starring hungrily at the stacks of cookies. "SPIKE!"

"I'm sorry, what?" he snaps out of it.

"Bro, GO!"

Spike takes off and attempts to fly into the store, only to be ensnared in the alluring aroma of freshly baked goodness as Sweetie pops a cookie into his mouth.

"Bro, NO!"

The felled dragon struggles to get on his feet. "A-Anon...I'm sorry. I-It's so..."

"Don't say it, dude. Don't you DARE say it!"

"Delicioussss." he says dreamily.

"NOOOO-"

Suddenly, Scootaloo bucks a cookie in your open mouth and down your throat. It was an intense battle. You fought the taste buds and the buds won.

You fall to your knees and hang your head in shame and defeat. AppleBloom smugly slides you two boxes as you roll a few bits to the filly.

"Next time, just buy the cookies." Scootaloo says cockily.

A low burp from you was all the confirmation they needed. You grab your things and head into the market with Spike.

Defeat never tasted so, so sweet.

Author's Note:

I'm hungry...