• Published 7th Oct 2018
  • 3,006 Views, 110 Comments

The Sixth Child - LibraryNexus

  • ...
7
 110
 3,006

Join Us For A Bite

November 19, 1987

Foxy crouched behind the purple curtain of the Kid’s Cove, ready to spring out. Above in the ceiling vents, Fluttershy was watching at one of the openings, ready to see his performance. At the moment, the store manager was speaking. “As you may know, Funtime Foxy is… out of order-:” Foxy had to stifle a chuckle at that “-but not to worry, we have someone else to preform for you,” a man was saying. “So, put your hands together for the original, Foxy the Pirate!”

The curtains opened, and Foxy ran out. “Yah-har-har-har!” he cried out, coming to a stop. “Ahoy there, me hearties! It is I, the Great Cap’an Foxy!”

The children around him let out a cheer, and a few of the adults hanging around the edges smiled as well. Emboldened by the reception, Foxy continued his act. “So, I hear tell we have a birthday. Who is the birthday child?”

A small boy wearing a skull and crossbones handkerchief stepped forward. “Me?” he said hesitantly.

Foxy plucked the hat he was wearing off his head and put it on the boy’s head. “That means yer me first matey for the day!” he said. Turning to the rest of the kids, he asked. “Who’s ready to go on an adventure with the Great Cap’an Foxy?”

The cheer the kids gave was nearly deafening.


“Everything going alright, ma’am?” Jeremy asked the mother of the kid who was currently marching around with Foxy.

The woman smiled as Foxy mimed losing his balance stepping on a ‘wet’ spot. “Everything going fine so far,” she said. “Mikey was very excited to come here.”

“Really?” Jeremy asked.

“Yeah, nearly flew to the moon. Oh, my name’s Rebecca.”

“I’m Jeremy. So, Mikey’s your kid?”

Rebecca shook her head. “Foster child,” she said. “Somebody left the poor dear on my doorstep eight years ago.”

“Wait, people seriously do that?”

“Apparently. I took him to child welfare services, but they never could figure out who his original parents were. So, I took him in as my own son.”

“Wow. That has to be tough on the kid.”

“You couldn’t tell by the way he acts,” Rebecca said. “He hardly lets anything stop him. He’s quite a little trooper.”

The two of them stood for a moment watching the Toy Animatronics preform. Rebecca finally spoke. “I’m kinda glad that they brought out the old Foxy.”

“What?” Jeremy asked. “Why is that?”

Rebecca smiled wistfully. “My family used to take me to the old Freddy’s all the time, before the… murders.”

“Yeah… I guess that would put a damper on any enjoyment felt there.”

“Anyway, my favorite animatronic was Foxy,” she said. “Gosh, has it been that long since I’ve seen him on stage?”

“Foxy was your favorite?” Jeremy asked.

“Yeah, I used to go to his show all the time as a kid. I’ve actually forgotten what an amazing storyteller he was.”

“Really?” Jeremy asked, stepping away from the wall. “This I’ve got to see.”


“And that is how I defeated my striped adversary, the Dreaded Noodle Thief Hobbes.”

The kids started laughing, as Foxy mentally patted himself on the back. Everything was going well so far. The kids were enjoying his act and the adults were still smiling. Fluttershy was still watching, her quiet giggles blending in with the general laughter. It looked like it was smooth sailing from here.

That meant that it was time for a song! He started singing an old favorite of his, an old sea shanty adapted for use inside of a children’s restaurant.

It was then someone stepped into the room…


“Get away from her, you bas-!”

SLICE!

“Fool. You shall die first…”


Dead. They were all dead.

The cooling corpses laid on the ground, still seeping blood. No, it had happened again! He had struck again, adding more victims to his score, escaping justice again-

Wait, there he was, in his purple suit, standing over a body that was definitely not human. Three butterflies were barely visible under the too-human blood…

Foxy screeched, springing forward to end the murderer once and for all-

“Unca Foxy?”

A yellow face at the vent, worried blue eyes peeking out.

Foxy regained control of himself. The kids were safe, his friends were safe, Fluttershy was safe. He was nowhere near them.

He then noticed that the children were looking at him. He then realized that he had stopped in the middle of his song.

Well, that was an easy thing to fix. Foxy smiled and finished the song. “You are a pirate!”


Jeremy staggered back until he was back against the wall. When he had walked into the room, Foxy was there, with an all new look, and acting so different than how he did during the night. He was preforming for the children, sing for them, never leaving any one of them out. It was easy to see why this guy had once been popular.

Then Foxy saw him.

Everything had changed then; he was back in that office with no flashlight. Foxy was no longer a friendly children’s entertainer, it was once again a mindless killing machine, and it had seen him.

The tall animatronic braced itself, ready to pounce-

And then a small quite voice echoed through the building. It was so soft it could barely be heard, but it somehow cut through the sense of danger that had infused the building for a moment.

And then it was gone, leaving behind a confused-looking animatronic. Who had then gone right back to entertaining the kids.

Jeremy had a feeling that he had escaped a cruel fate just by inches.


The man in purple frowned. Why hadn’t his ploy worked? Why didn’t the guard die? The creature was nowhere near the animatronic-

Wait. There in the vent. The creature was at one of the entrances, watching the animatronic. Forget killing the guard, he now had the perfect chance to grab it.

Typing a command into his keyboard, he set his backup plan into motion. He would need a distraction while his tools grabbed the pony.


“Wake up. Your child is in danger.”


A pair of optics lit up with blue fire.