• Published 2nd Oct 2018
  • 925 Views, 7 Comments

Massive Magical Mishap - RebelNarrator45



Magic goes awry and causes...interesting, results. Mayhem ensues.

  • ...
1
 7
 925

Oh...This Isn't Good.

"Remind me again why I agreed to participate in such a small magic show?" Discord said, frowning at Trixie.

"Because its magic." Trixie said. "And you said you could use a little bit of your magic to switch things up for us. The Great and Powerful Trixie needs some new acts. Hers are getting...old."

"If by old you mean incredibly boring to the point one desires to remove their own eyeballs, then yes. It's old." Discord said, removing his eyes and juggling them momentarily before popping them back into place. Trixie glared up at him.

"If Trixie did not need you for the show," she said angrily, "she would turn you into nail and beat you into the wall of a solid brick house with a sledgehammer."

"What, to really...drive the point home?" Discord joked with a smirk.

"Trixie hates you right now." The magician growled. Discord chuckled.

"Ok, ok, break it up, you two!" Starlight interrupted. "As entertaining as this is, we've got to practice for the show. We have two days, and we're not ready."

"Oh, please! Trixie is always ready!" Trixie said. "Well...except for the rare times she isn't..."

"Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?" Discord asked. Trixie glared at him.

"I'm here!" Thorax dropped lightly to the ground alongside Starlight. He looked at the other two, then back to the mare beside him. "Am I late? What did I miss?"

"Nothing much." Starlight said, rolling her eyes. "Just these two going at each other...again." Thorax laughed.

"Well, I'm ready to practice." He said. "This will be fun! I've never been in a magic show before." That got Trixie's attention.

"Never?!" She said. "Well, then. You're in for a treat! The Great and Powerful Trixie's Magic Show is the best in Equestria!"

"That is quite debatable." Discord stated. Trixie glared at him again.

"One more jab, Discord, just one..." she fumed. "And Trixie will...will...drop a drumset on your head!!" It was the first thing that had come to mind. Discord grinned deviously and leaned close to her. Starlight, instantly recognising the opening Trixie had given Discord without meaning to, groaned.

"Oh no..."

"So..." Discord smirked. "You'll really...drop the beat? Hmm?" Starlight facehoofed.

"Sweet Celestia!" Trixie groaned. "Make him stop!"

"You asked for that, Boss." Discord said, chuckling. Trixie glowered.

"Enough!" She snapped. "Less talking, more working! This show won't run itself!" She led her small troupe through various routines and excercises. The three were quick learners and (sort of)willing pupils. After over an hour, Trixie called a halt and faced them.

"Alright." She said. "Trixie wishes to try something very new in her show. So for our final act, we will be doing what Trixie, with Starlight's help, calls the Great and Powerful Personality Switch. Starlight?" The other unicorn coughed.

"I have created a spell that will cause an illusion that makes us look like we've switched personalities and bodies...only we won't really. We'll each just act like the pony, or chsngeling, or draconequis, we look like to the audience. In other words, I'll cast the spell and I may look like Discord, which means Discord will look like me...but the change is only visual. Sort of like, well, what Thorax can do when he takes on the looks of any pony he wants to. Get it? Then, for this example, I would act like Discord, and he would act like me." Thorax and Discord stared blankly at them for a moment before that all sank in and they both suddenly grinned and nodded.

"This is only an illusion." Trixie said. "And will only last up to about five minutes. But we need to practice now before the actual show, so we know what to do and are comfortable assuming each others' characters. Starlight?" Starlight lit her horn, and all four of them glowed. She grunted as a small pain poked at her head.

"I think...I got it...just..."

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

The massive explosion of magic sent the group flying in different directions. Once the smoke and fog cleared, Starlight groaned.

"That wasn't supposed to happen. I must have...GAAAAAAH!" She ended on a screech. The four of them had picked themselves up, dazed, and now stood gaping at one another.

"Starlight!!" Trixie yelled. "You...you...how...?"

The spell had backfired spectacularly. They had all literally switched bodies. And colors. Starlight was in Trixie's, Trixie was in Starlight's, and Thorax and Discord were in each other's. Discord eyed his colorful changeling body and huffed. Thorax eyed his large, black draconequis body and blinked. Starlight eyed her pink body with Trixie's cutie marks and rolled her eyes. Trixie stood slackjawed, looking at her blue body with Starlight's cutie marks.

"What did you do???!" Trixie yelled. "We switched bodies and colors and...WHAT DID YOU DO??!"

"I don't know!" Starlight cried. "This wasn't supposed to happen!!! I worked carefully on this spell!!!"

"Well not carefully enough, obviously!!" Trixie shouted angrily. "We're not...us!!!"

"Do you know what this means?" Discord asked, smirking. The others glared at the draconequis...er....changeling. Uh, drancone-changeling? "This spells disaster!" He barely avoided the magic lamp Trixie flung at him.

"Switch us back!!" Trixie yelled at Starlight.

"I don't know if I can!" Starlight said. "First of all, I don't think I have a spell for this, and secondly, you are in my body, which means you have control of my magic and I have control of yours!" As soon as she said it, she froze.

'Oh celestia...that's not good...'

"Think of something!" Trixie shouted. Then she blinked. "Wait... Trixie now has your magic?" She grinned.

"Trixie, don't even think about...whatever it is you're thinking about!" Starlight warned. "My magical abilities surpass some of Twilight's...it isn't something to play around with. You could hurt yourself."

"Oh please! The Great and Powerful Trixie laughs in the face of pain!" Trixie retorted, before her horn lit up.

"Trixie, don't do that!" Starlight cried, but it was too last. The magician had called on the full force of Starlight's magic to teleport herself. Right smack dab into the trunk of a large tree. "Trixie!" Trixie let out a long, loud groan.

"Owwwwwwwww..."

"You ok?" Starlight asked. Trixie sat up.

"Trixie apologises for the bruises your body will have from that." She said, grimacing. "Also, that really hurt. The Great and Powerful Trixie is not laughing in the face of pain. Now, or ever. Ooh..." Starlight rolled her eyes.

"I tried to tell you." She said.

"Indeed she did!" Discord chimed in helpfully. "Guess you found out that powerful magic can be a real pain."

"Oh, shut it, Discord!" Trixie groaned. "Trixie hurts too much for jokes. Ow." She looked up at her friend. "Starlight, do something to fix this. Please? Trixie does not believe Ponyville needs us running around like this."

"I for one find it amusing." Discord said. "I've never been a changeling before. And if you have each other's magic, then I have Thorax's, and..." He broke off, eyes impossibly wide. The two unicorns apparently came to the same realisation he had, because three pairs of eyes settled on draconequis Thorax. He blinked.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?"

"Um, Thorax?" Starlight said. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." He said. "I'm not too happy about being trapped in Discord's body, but I'm fine."

"Ok, good." Starlight said. "Try not to use any magic, ok?"

"What? Why?"

"Because we've all switched not only colors and bodies, but magical abilities." Starlight explained. "Which means I have Trixie's, she has mine, Discord has your, and you...have Discord's."

"Starlight, I demand you undo this at once!" Discord snapped. "I want my own magic back, thank you very much!"

"Discord, have you not been listening?" Starlight huffed. "I don't have a spell for it right now, and if I did, Trixie is in control of my magic, which means I wouldn't be able to cast the spell anyway!"

"Well, this is a fine mess!" Discord griped. "Just you wait, Starlight Glimmer. I am going to tell Twilight on you!"

"Fighting won't solve anything." Thorax spoke up. "Starlight, is there any pony you could ask?" Starlight blinked. Then she nodded.

"Yes, but...but I don't know exactly how to explain to them."

"Ohhhhh...you mean your friends!" Discord said. "Not to worry, Starlight. I will tell them exactly how you switched us all around with some crazy spell!" He glared.

"Starlight, do you think you can get Twilight to help out?" Trixie asked.

"Yes. She'll help. But oh, will I be in trouble!"

"If she can undo this..." Trixie said. Starlight groaned.

"I can't tell her, Trixie! She'll switch us back and then she'll kill me!" She said worriedly.

"Um, I don't think you've got any choice." Thorax said.

"No! I'll figure this out! I have to!" Starlight said. "Twilight can't find out!"

"Fine." Trixie huffed. "You have 24 hours, Starlight. Or we are going to the castle to have Twilight undo it!" Starlight looked from one of her companions to the other, then groaned.

"I'll fix it. Somehow."

Author's Note:

Yes, this fic is based on the cover image(in case you didn't notice lol)...

I saw it and that was all that was required.

This crazy tale is the result.

(And yes, I really did write in a few jokes. I couldn't resist. Some were good, some lame...I don't care. I just had fun with it! There will be more, too!)

I hope you enjoyed it!