• Published 6th Oct 2018
  • 1,517 Views, 94 Comments

My Little Pony-The Movie (reworked) - The Blue EM2



What happens if you throw MLP and many other fandoms into a blender? Well, this, of course!

  • ...
42
 94
 1,517

The Battle for Canterlot-part 1

Twilight Sparkle

Aboard Rorke’s Airship, bound for Canterlot

October 15th, 007 SLR



Twilight fired once again into the cage. Nothing happened.

“It’s not gonna work,” said a familiar voice. That of Rorke. “You’ve been trying to break out of that cage for hours. It’s designed to drain your magic so I’d advise you just give up.”

“What’s in it for you?” Twilight asked. “What do you get out of all this?”

“You have a lot of nerve,” Rorke replied. “I like that. I imagine you think I’m doing this for money, or power.”

“Are you?”

Rorke stayed silent, then turned to face her. “No. This is about revenge.”

“Revenge against whom?”

“Men who claimed to be my friends.” Rorke shook briefly as he remembered that day. “It was a long time ago, far, far away. But I saw who they truly were. Why they must die.”



Rorke

Caracas, Venezuela

July 8th, 2015



They had done it.

The mission was complete. They had eliminated the target.

Diego Almagro was the latest dictator to face the wrath of the USA. Now, however, they were in a mess. A stray bullet had damaged the chopper and it had crashed into a building.

Now Rorke dangled over fast-flowing water, held up by the hand of his friend, Elias.

“It’s breaking apart!” shouted Merrick. “We gotta move, now! What’re we doing here, Elias? We can’t save him!”

Rorke looked up into Elias’ eyes, fear apparent in his expression. “Elias,” he gasped.

Elias was clearly wracked by guilt. But he released his hand.

Rorke plummeted toward the water, and certain death. “ELIAS!!!!”

Then he fell under the waves, and all went black...



Twilight Sparkle

October 15th, 007 SLR



“They left you for dead?” Twilight gasped.

Rorke nodded. “I was missing for two weeks. Then the Federation found me. Before I knew what was going on, I had been detached to the Storm King’s army and we had the capital of Equestria in our pocket. This shows only one thing. You can only rely on yourself.”

“We could work something out!” Twilight cried. “Negotiate!”

Rorke sighed. “Your words fall on deaf ears kid.” He pulled a lever and the cage began to elevate until it was positioned on the top deck.

Before them lay Canterlot. It had been rebuilt into a fortress, with mighty guns protecting all angles. Troops patrolled the city, and ponies were trapped in cages, ready to be used as slaves.

Rorke laughed. “You see kid, you and I are just alike. Just like me, your friends failed you.”

“I didn’t fail my friends,” Twilight sadly said. “I failed them.”



Rorke



The airship touched down in the courtyard and dropped its ramp. “Careful with the merchandise!” Rorke called. “It took a lot of effort to get this one, and I don’t want it broken!”

4 of the creatures lugged the cage into the throne room. Celestia and Luna were lying in theirs, and Cadence looked to be out cold.

“We’re back!” Rorke laughed. “Put the cage down over there.”

Twilight’s cage was placed opposite Cadence’s.

“This truly shows how mighty we are. We have put your capital down, and your army is in ruins. It’s only a matter of time until-”

“Don’t do this,” Twilight said. “Don’t give the Storm King-”

“The magic?” he asked. “I have nothing to lose from my angle. The instant this genie is out of the bottle, I will be unstoppable!”

“Don’t you mean we?” asked a voice behind them.

Forward stepped the Storm King. He was every bit as hideous as he was in the pictures.

“Of course, my Lord.”

“Excellent!” the Storm King lumbered forward, the Staff of Sacanas in his hand. He peered into the cage, and asked, “What are you supposed to be?”

“I’m the Princess of Friendship,” Twilight flatly replied.

The Storm King laughed. Then he turned to Rorke. “How is this one not on sedatives yet?”

“She won’t be a problem.”

“Good.” The Centaur marched away and looked around. “I don’t like this place. It’s a little too...cute! It needs remodelling, and I shall have that at last!”

He slammed the staff into the ground, forming an image on the floor of the throne room. Twilight screamed in pain as the energy started to flow out of her...



Logan Walker

Upper Canterlot



STALKER’s Black Hawk touched down and offloaded the troops. Logan and Elias were out first, followed by Hesh, Merrick and Keegan.

“Remember boys,” Elias told them. “We need to stop the Storm King. Only then can we liberate Canterlot. Let’s go!”

They pushed through the streets, being aware of a sudden fight in the square which seemed to have drawn off the bulk of the troops.

Everywhere were cages filled with ponies. Logan honestly felt sorry for them. Here to spend the rest of their lives as slaves.

“Not on my watch,” he growled.

They snuck into the palace with minimal difficulty. It was lightly defended, and the few stragglers were picked off with ease.



Rainbow Dash

Lower Canterlot



Rainbow Dash and the other remaining ponies hauled a carriage loaded with a massive cake. On top was Spike, acting as an ornament.

Capper was out front, and raised his voice to speak to the guards. “Excuse me?” he asked. “I have a delivery for the Storm King.”

The guards were not convinced, and lowered their spears.

“Alright then,” Capper said. “One of you guys go tell the boss, because I don’t want him missing out on his desert.”

After 3 seconds, the guards cleared, and the carriage was let through.



Unfortunately, this was where things started to go wrong. Pinkie had a ridiculous grin on her face, which attracted the ire of one of the creatures.

“Pinkie!” Applejack snapped. “Quit lookin’ so happy! You ain’t foolin’ nopony!”

“Oh!” Pinkie cried, who then made a ridiculous looking frown.

But who should ruin things but Grubber. He jumped onto the cart and took a huge bite out of the cake.

A large eyeball stared back.

“Guards!” he shouted.

“Our cover’s blown!” Rainbow called. “Engage!”



Who should burst out of the cake, but the pirates and Skystar!

The pirates charged into battle, bowling foes over, sending troops flying and thoroughly making a mess.

Applejack lassoes them together, Rarity hurled fabric. Cupcakes flew through the air like missiles. Shells slammed into their targets with lethal accuracy. On the other hand, Fluttershy helped several out with stress issues.

“The way is clear!” Rainbow radioed. “Captain Collins, you can commence airdrop!”



Twilight Sparkle



Twilight collapsed on the floor as the last of the energy drained out of her. An explosion hurled her out onto the balcony, and the Storm King stormed forward, with his newest toy.

Twilight staggered to her feet, and tried to raise her wings. She got no response from them.

She looked at her sides in horror. The staff had not only drained her magic, but her biology too. She had reverted to being a Unicorn.

Rorke stepped outside as well, keen to see the spectacle.

The Storm King seemed happy. “Let’s see how this works!” he cried. He pointed the staff, and the sun rose. He lowered it, and the moon rose. He spun the staff around, and sun and moon alternated at dizzying speed.

“Woohoo!” he cried. “I can control the day and night. I will be truly unstoppable!”

Twilight looked at Rorke, who simply shrugged and stepped after him.

“Sir,” he called. “Will you grant me my revenge?”



Capt. Collins

Airspace over Canterlot



Collins flew in, ready to drop the troops into battle when his aircraft’s instruments started playing up.

“What the hell?” he asked. “Command, the sun and moon are alternating uncontrollably. It’s messing with my aircraft’s systems!”

“Try to get the HALO drop completed, over.”

“Roger that, over!”

Then, a vast storm started up. The blast hit his plane’s engines, and they fell toward the ground.

“BRACE FOR IMPACT!” he cried. The aircraft slammed into the floor, and all went black.



Rorke



“No.” The Storm King told him.

“What?” Rorke asked.

“All I needed you for was to get the staff. When I had that, I no longer needed you. You are just a loose end.”

Rorke stepped back in shock. All of this, for nothing? He drew his pistol, only to get knocked back by the Staff and smashed through the stained glass. He flew through the air and collided with a pillar.

The Storm King laughed. “It’s time to end this!” he cried, and slammed his staff into the ground.

A vortex started up, drawing in all that was in the vicinity. Troops, rocks, aircraft, all was sucked in. The storm struck the Palace, and the roof collapsed...

...right on top of Logan.

Author's Note:

It's almost over! Part 2 will be up shortly.