• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 2,827 Views, 46 Comments

Just One Day - Moonshine34



A petty fight blows out of proportion and Twilight and Rainbow end up with a lot more than they bargained for.

  • ...
8
 46
 2,827

Chapter Nine - Wait, WHAT!!!

As the first rays of Celestia’s golden sun pierced through the window of the cloud home they illuminated a blue bed with small bulge. The form of a sleeping pegasus that rose and fell slightly with each, deep breath the she took. Eventually the figure began to stir, then sit up, then get her bearings, then-

“NOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Twilight screamed in horror and disbelief,”I’m still Rainbow Dash!”

The former alicorn continued to freak out for about five minutes before she suddenly remembered that it was the day of her wedding. Then the realisation that she would have to cancel it set it. The princess’ look of panic faded into a face of pitiful woe. It was unfair and cruel. Why did it have to be today? The princess knew that the wedding could always take place another day, but what if they never switched back? What if she was stuck like this forever and would never marry the stallion she loved so very, very much. A small, choked sob escaped her lips. Twilight gulped, trying in vain to fight back the incoming surge of tears that threatened to leak from her eyes. However it was no use and she began to cry brokenly, a steady stream of liquid gushing down her face and making a puddle on the sheets below her. Ironically, she realised that she must look exactly like the real Dash had done when her pet tortoise, Tank, was about to go into hibernation. The princess continued to bawl until a very unwelcome voice cut through her fog of despair.

“Oh come now Rainbow, why so glum? Or should I say, Your Highness,”Discord grinned, as he flew through the window onboard a flying carpet.

“What do you want?”the former alicorn practically spat,”I swear you seem to take some sort of sick delight in my misery.”

“Why, I would never! I’m extremely offended you would even entertain such a ridiculous notion!”the draconequus huffed, putting a claw to his chest. A distinct sound of something breaking could be heard.

“Whatever, the only reason you ever to visit me is to put me through some test or play mind games with me, usually both,”the princess reasoned,”I mean, I know that you’re reformed and my friend but a leopard can’t change his spots completely.”

“I suppose you’re right, Oh Masterful Teacher of Friendship. But I think you know why I’m here,”the draconequus grinned cryptically.

“No I don’t!”Twilight snapped,”I think you were just bored so decided to-“

Suddenly she caught sight of herself in the mirror above Dash’s dressing table. A cyan pegasus stared back, so how in Equestria had Discord known it was her? Unless...

“Have you been watching me since yesterday?!”the former alicorn demanded angrily,”Why didn’t you help us if you knew? I mean this whole of body switching thing must be like second nature for you. Hang on a moment. That does sound like you, too much like you... OH MY CELESTIA! It was you all along! You somehow made Ocellus find that book didn’t you? Because you knew that she would bring it to me! You wanted us to get into a fight so that crystal thingy would make us swap bodies! This was all a PRANK, wasn’t it?!”

“YES! Congratulations Twilight, you’ve once again discovered your inferiority in the ways of being manipulated by moi!”the Lord of Choas guffawed doing the classic confetti explosion, unfurling of banners bearing Twilight’s face wearing her trademark deadpan expression and the words ‘I JUST GOT WRECKED” splashed in bright red paint over her head,”You know , it was way too easy really. I mean all I had to do was get Rainbow to feel left out with a few basic mind tricks. A simple memory spell to ensure you never asked her to perform that rainbow explosion whatcha-ma-call it, then a quick visit a remind Dash of the old days when she Ponyville’s top prankster and everything was set in motion. I actually just happened upon that crystal when doing a bit of spring cleaning. I put some of my powers into it and BAM! One magical, body switching gem. That changeling was an obvious target to place the book next to while she was studying in the library. And of course, everything just went perfectly from there. Your reactions were absolutely priceless! It was quite the entertaining show, except for that disgustingly mushy scene between your friend and your finance. Yeesh!”

There was a moment of complete silence as Twilight took all this in. She waited to feel something, shock, anger, hurt... When of those emotions surfaced the former alicorn realised that the only think she really felt...was relief. Relief that she wasn’t stuck in Dash’s body forever, relief that she could actually get married today. That was, if she played her cards right.

“Haha. That’s so funny Discord, you really got me there,”the princess smiled through gritted teeth,’Could you please change us back now?”

The draconequus arched an eyebrow at Twilight’s lack of emotion. He was a little disappointed with her reaction but still answered with a flamboyant flourish.

“Of course, my dear. I just have one teensy, tiny request for you though before I do,”Discord said lightly.

“What? And it better not be a glass of water.”the former alicorn said threateningly .

“Purlease, that reference is getting sooo old. What I was going to say was that I understand you and your future husband will eventually get round to having foals, will you not?”the Lord of Chaos smirked.

“Um, sure, I guess,”the princess said uncomfortably,”I mean that probably won’t be for a long time though.”

“Fine, but when you do get around it I wish to be his or hers godfather,”the draconequus grinned.

“Wait, WHAT!”Twilight yelped, of all the ridiculous demands Discord could’ve made he chose this one?

“Oh no, if you think I’m going to trust you my future foal you’ve got a another thing coming, mister!”she refused.

“Then I hope you enjoy spending the rest of your life as a pegasus, or maybe just another week since we are friends after all,”Discord sang cheerfully.

“Please, isn’t their anything else you want! True friends wouldn’t make such impossible requests, well, actually, true friends wouldn’t pull this stunt to begin with but whatever,”the former alicorn blustered,”Come on, this is straight up blackmail!”

The draconequus only beamed down at her. Sighing, Twilight began to thoroughly think it through. If she and Flash did decide to have a foal, which was likely, then she would probably regret making Discord their godfather for the rest of her life. Although it wasn’t like a godfather had to be that important in the foal’s life. And it would mean she could get married today...

“Ok, you can be my firstborn foal’s godfather, if I have one,”the princess relented,”Now will you please change us back!”

No sooner said, than done.

Author's Note:

Oooohh, PLOT TWIST!!! Discord has been the evil puppet master pulling strings the whole time! Muhahahaha!