• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 2,825 Views, 46 Comments

Just One Day - Moonshine34



A petty fight blows out of proportion and Twilight and Rainbow end up with a lot more than they bargained for.

  • ...
8
 46
 2,825

Chapter Eleven - A Royal Wedding in Ponyville

The town square was absolutely packed, heaving with not only the residents of Ponyville but creatures from all corners of Equestria and beyond. Luckily, Fluttershy had expanded her bird choir and had a supporting orchestra so when Twilight began her walk down the aisle everycreature was able to here the stunning rendition of ‘Here Comes The Bride’. The CMC were more than willing to be flower fillies again and cheerfully skipped up the aisle, baskets waving crimson rose petals to pave the way for the alicorn. Several birds carried the extremely long white train behind her. There were many oohs and aahs as she passed the awed crowd, of course, now that Rarity was one of the most renowned designers in all of Equestria the princess’ wedding dress would be the hottest new look for weeks to come. As Twilight looked over the sea of faces, she saw many familiar faces. Her friends from Canterlot, Trixie, Thorax, Ember, Prince Rutherford, Queen Nova, Princess Skystar, the Wonderbolts, Starswirl, Sonambula, Mistmane, Rockhoof, Mage Meadowbrooke, Sunburst, all her students and many more. Then Twilight locked eyes with a certain fiery maned unicorn and stopped dead in tracks causing the birds to squawk with alarm and the music come to an abrupt halt.

“Sunset?!”Twilight cried in shock and delight, rushing over to embrace her friend. The unicorn was completely taken aback but chuckled all the same.

“It’s great to see you too Twilight. But aren’t you suppose to be getting married now?”Sunset Shimmer asked, gazing at the shocked faces all around them.

“Oh, right. Whoops, sorry,”the princess cringed, turning red and walking back onto the aisle, the birds resumed their positions and the music picked up again.

The procession continued Twilight smiled when she reached the front row. Her parents couldn’t of looked more ecstatic or proud and Shining Armour was having one his ‘liquid pride’ attacks. Her grin only widened when she saw Spike and her bridesmaids. To her they were so much more than just her best friends, they were her family too. However it was only when she can face to face with Flash that her euphoria reached its peak. It all suddenly seemed surreal, her she was, about to marry the most wonderful stallion in Equestria. He looked especially dashing in his black and gold tuxedo and when she looked into his gorgeous, deep blue eyes she saw the best of herself reflected in them. He too seemed to be a state of shock, drinking the sight of his incredible bride. To him, she was like a friend, lover and confident all rolled into one. The pony he wanted to be with for the rest of his life. Suddenly the orange pegasus felt a hoof nudge him. He looked over his shoulder to see his best mare and sister, Aquamarine, giving him a ‘come on already’ look. Flash coughed nervously and took Twilight’s hoof before leading her to the altar where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna waited them. The music came to a triumphant close and Fluttershy quickly hurried to her place beside Pinkie Pie and Rarity, both of whom were sobbing shamelessly.

“Fillies, gentlecolts and every other creature present, we are gathered here today to celebrate a most joyous occasion. The union of Princess Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry,”the white alicorn began,”Their love and commitment for one another is undeniable. The strength of the bond, unbreakable. May we have the rings, please.”

The ring bearer, Princess Flurry Heart, with a little help from her mother Princess Cadence presented a velvet cushion with two rings upon. One was a simple band with a chain attached to it, the other had two diamonds imbedded in it. A golden aura surrounded both and the one on the chain was lifted over Flash’s head and into his neck while the other ring slipped into Twilight’s horn.

“Do you, Flash Sentry, take this mare to be your lawfully wedded wife. Through sickness and health, until death do you part?”Celestia asked.

“I do,”the orange pegasus smiled.

“And do you, Twilight Sparkle, take this stallion to be your lawfully wedded husband. Through sickness and health, until death do you part?”the alicorn continued.

“I do,”the alicorn said, tears of joy shining in her eyes.

“Are there any objections as to why this couple should not be joined in matrimony?”Celestia enquired, when nobody answered she smiled,”Then I pronounce you mare and colt, you may now kiss the bride.”

The stallion leaned forward, planting a passionate kiss on the princess’ lips before sweeping her of her hooves amid deafening cheers and thunderous applause that made the ground shake beneath them. At the same time Rainbow took to the skies and performed a gorgeous Sonic Rainboom to seal the deal. A few moments later Flash broke the kiss and gazed at his new wife adoringly.

“I love you, Twilight,”he whispered to which the alicorn just rolled her eyes.

“Well, duh,”the princess grinned,”Now shut up and kiss me again.” The stallion smirked at this and happily obliged.

“Best. Wedding. EVER!!!”Pinkie Pie yelled hysterically, a party cannon exploding behind her, covering everycreature within ten metres in multicoloured confetti.