• Published 8th Sep 2018
  • 537 Views, 46 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Brass Sentinel - Chemtest



Only cowards kill from afar. Upclose and personal is so much more fun.

  • ...
5
 46
 537

Cooling Down

I strap on my new weapons. Nowhere near the best, but better than before. Not just brass, but with some steel tips on the end. Punches can now leave cuts and bruises at the same time! My armor has been fully laid with more brass plates. I also bought a helmet of sorts, one that protects the back of my head.

Hunter and I looked at the board, and have decided on a few things to do. First, we’re going to clear out a factory, and collect some scrap metal from there for another job. When we’re done, we will move down to near the Canter ruins. Some scavengers are going on a run, and need some protection. Said they would search the areas around the Tower, and see where they go from there.

So, here we are, walking up to the factory. Some old technology place probably employed by one of the Ministries. Probably protected by some robots.

I look over to Hunter, we share a nod, and I kick in the door. Instantly, bullets start to fly towards me. Turret systems, firing at anything organic. I look over at Hunter as I hide behind the door, “Was this part of the plan?!”

He doesn’t say anything as he takes out a new rifle with those weird mechanisms of his. He waits for the stream of gunfire to die off before poking his head around the corner and firing off a shot. He looks over at me, “Well come on, draw their fire in there!”

I look back at him, “I’m supposed to be bait?!”

He peeks around the corner and let’s loose another shot, “You’re the one who refused to get a gun! Get in there already!”

I look right at him in indignation, “What type of plan is this!?”

He looks over at me, “The stupid, risky type! I don’t hear you suggesting anything!”

I grimace and wait for a lull in the gunfire, “Alright then!”

The bullets stop, and I instantly rush through the door. The turrets start to fire at me, but I am slightly faster than their targeting. Bullets whistle behind me as I rush for the nearest cover. Time to pull out that hoofball slide!

I shove my back legs forwards, and lean the rest of me back. I mange to slide into cover right before the turrets catch up. Leg hurts like a bitch from sliding on sharp and uneven ground, but I did my job.

Another shot rings out, and a turret explodes. All the turrets then turn back to the door.

I get up, and wave my hooves up to the turrets on the balcony, “Hey, over here bastards!”

The turrets swivel around to me as I book it to a office room. I just outrun the turrets, and bolt into the office. Only to discover theirs another turret.

I afix the gun of the turrets with one of my own, “Why are you even in here?”

The turret’s gun moves, as if it’s fired a shot. But the bullet doesn’t come out the front. No, the bullet exited out of the back and killed the turret itself.

I grab that bullet, and peek out to the main foyer. Only two turrets remain. I toss the bullet across the room, and the turrets start firing at it. This distraction allows Hunter to pick off another one.

I create a lot of motion, “Hey, turret!”

The turret spins around to face me, and Hunter shoots it as it swivels. The turret explodes, and I walk out again.

Hunter trots in towards me, “Quite the small factory to have so many turrets. Only one room, and they have five turrets protecting it?”

I shrug, “Might be a important goodie in here. I’ll check the office.”

He shrugs, and moves up to the turrets, “If you want.”

So I move back into the decrepit old office. I search the drawers and find some papers. I reach out to grab one, only for it to dissolve away on touch. Well, guess that options gone.

I look around the office, only to find a box hidden under the desk. Inside are a bunch of orbs. I don’t recognize what these are. I reach out with some magic to grab them, only to fall over.

———

This is a... strange feeling. It’s like I’m watching something happening, but I’m in another ponies body. This one being a unicorn stallion. Apparently he’s giving a big presentation.

I, or he, clears their voice, “Gentleponies of the Ministries, I am proud to present my newest invention! We’ve all seen or heard of battles that wound down to hoof to hoof combat. For too long, our enemy has been able to match us or one up us in fights that wound down to that. With these tales and experiences in my mind, I’ve made a great invention to give us the superiority in fights like that!”

A female voice with a southern twang speaks over the intercom, “This invention, can it work with my Pip-Bucks?”

My host smiles, and pulls out something, “Even better than that! It plays off of the Pip-Bucks to allow it to swing faster and harder! Let me present, the Power Hoof!” He holds up a mechanical... beauty. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something that looked as good as that chrome finished hoof.

My fantasy is stopped by another voice speaking over the intercoms. A male voice, with a tiny bit of scratch to it, “Would this not just increase casualties on the field? Surely that could kill you quite easily.”

My host smiles, “The Power Hoof comes with power options for just that thought! Half power can knock a pony out in one blow without damaging them too much. Three quarters power can kill a pony with one blow.”

A female voice cuts in over the intercom this time, rough sounding, but still bearable to listen to, “Can our air support use this weapon without being thrown out of the air? Such force much give a lot of feedback, so how could my pegasi benefit?”

My host hands it off to a pegasus, who flies up and starts punching targets, “As can be seen, the hydraulic feedback has been carefully studied and filtered so it pushes forwards instead of backwards, meaning the only effect of the feedback is more impact.”

Then, a final voice starts to speak. One so odd, unique, strange, uncanny, and yet so commanding of respect. The voice of somepony still young, but so very old. The voice that tears your attention towards it. And the voice questions, “You say it can kill at three quarters. What does it do full blast?”

Two ponies pull out a sheet of metal, and my host puts the hoof onto full blast, “To put it simply,” He punches forward, and goes right through the metal, “It is quite powerful. When wearing power armor, it’s power only increases. Speaking of power armor, example two.”

A suit of power armor is rolled out on a cart, facing right towards him. This pony isn’t skilled with fighting, I could tell, but when he punched forward, the power armor caved in around the fist. When he punches the helmet, a hole appears where reinforced metal and complicated systems used to be.

My host turns around to face the windows facing him, “It can serve as a better anti tank weapon. Why waste money on mini-nukes when you could just rush up and punch the tank? It’s more powerful, less costly, easier to carry, and less messy.”

Lights above the windows start to turn green. I could feel the relief on my hosts mind. The final light turns green, and that voice speaks out again, “I expect to have a squad equipped with these by the end of the week.”

My host bows gratefully, “You won’t be disappointed Lords!”

———

I wake up from the ground, and think back on that weapon. Hunter walks in without me noticing, “So, you got lost in a memory orb?”

I look him in the eye, “Where can I get a Power Hoof?”

He shrugs, “They’re very rare. Some might sell them, even if for very high prices. You’d be better off trying to kill high targets if they have it, or maybe search an old Ministry. Might be in the ruins, since nopony has picked around there yet.”

I stand up suddenly, and get my eyes only mere inches from his, “We’re getting a Power Hoof.”

He backs up slightly, “Well, those scavenger might find one, could convince them.”

I start to trot out of the factory, “Off we go then!”

———

Footnote: Level Up.

New Perk Added: Second Skin — You’re so use to armor that it’s become a second skin for you! All movement debuffs from armor no longer effect you!

Quest Perk Added: Super Power — You’ve become absolutely obsessed with Power Hooves! Turns out the workings of them is similar to other things. You can instantly understand how to use something, and get +1 to all stats for wearing it, if it starts with Power!