• Published 26th Aug 2018
  • 358 Views, 1 Comments

Monado Of Harmony - Yosh-E-O



Isabelle and Yosh are in for quite the adventure upon discovering The Monado Of Harmony.

  • ...
 1
 358

Chapter 2 - Dark Light's Insight

Dark Light was busy working on another expansion to the town library when Yosh and Isabelle showed up with the mysterious artifact.

“Hey, Yosh,” greeted the Pegasus. “Hey, Isabelle. What you got there?”

Isabelle presented the sword-like relic to Dark Light but it was quickly swiped up by his adopted baby dragon, Larimar.

“Larimar!” Dark Light called with authority. “That’s not a toy!”

Yosh tightened his hold on Isabelle as the teal colored hatchling giggled and gurgled about as he gleefully romped around with the relic.
“I got you, Yosh,” she said softly.

Dark Light thought for a second before he raised his wings and lunged towards Larimar.

SCOOP-SWIPE

Larimar flailed and flapped his tiny yellow wings in protest as he was held with one hoof by Dark Light as another took the artifact back.

“It’s okay, Larimar,” assured the Pegasus as the young dragon soon seemed to calm himself and look back towards his play area.

***

Once Larimar was settled, the group gathered to inspect what Yosh and Isabelle had brought.

“Hmm,” considered Dark Light. “It doesn’t do anything when I touch it.”

“It didn’t for me or Blathers, either,” Isabelle shrugged.

Yosh could feel the two staring at him.
“You want me to touch it again?” he gulped.

“If you don’t mind,” replied Dark Light.

PWOOM

Yosh saw only one scene this time. He was aboard The Friendship Express with Isabelle appearing happy as he held…
“The Monado…,” he said in his trance-like state.

FLICK-CLICK-CLICK

His two friends watched as the clear piece of glass spun around until the image of Twilight Sparkle’s Cutie Mark appeared.

“Fascinating,” awed Dark Light. “Perhaps it’s like that Cutie Map I’ve heard about? What appears in the glass circle is where, or who, you need to go to?”

Yosh picked up the relic.
“Monado,” he said simply as the space between the two angled edges started to sparkle.

“Mayor?” wondered Isabelle. “Are you okay?”

Yosh seemed to stare off into space until the relic stopped sparkling.
“Yeah,” he said. “I think we need to make a trip to Ponyville.”

“Is that official business, Mr. Mayor??” Isabelle eagerly inquired.

“Yes,” he nodded. “Yes it is.”

Larimar came by and placed his eggshell hat on top of Yosh’s head before striking a pose and proudly babbling out, “Ta-Da!”

Isabelle let out a giggle before stating, “It truly does look good on you, Mr. Mayor.”

Larimar took Yosh’s hand.
“Go, go, go!” he cheered while jumping up-and-down.

“No, no, no,” replied Dark Light as he took hold of his young dragon’s free claw. “We stay here and finish our work here in the library.”

Larimar’s purple eyes grew wide as he started to sniffle.

“Not going to work,” stated Dark Light.

Isabelle took the eggshell hat from atop of Yosh’s head and placed it back on the baby dragon’s head.
“We’ll be back,” she said before offering her clipboard to the hatchling. “Can you draw me a pretty picture to see when we come back?”

Larimar’s mouth hung open as he eyed the clipboard. He then scurried back to his play area and began to scribble about the clipboard.

“Best of luck up in Ponyville,” waved Dark Light. “Perhaps you could bring me back some new books on magic theory?”

Isabelle reached for Yosh to wrap his left arm around her right.
“Think we can do that, Mr. Mayor?” she asked.

“Of course,” Yosh nodded. “Spike would actually be happy if I helped get some books out of the castle that he’s sorted, as he puts it, for the gazillionth time’.”

“Alright,” said the yellow shih tzu as she let the bells tied in her hair jingle to signal to Yosh she was starting to move. “We’re off to Ponyville!”