• Published 26th Aug 2018
  • 350 Views, 1 Comments

Monado Of Harmony - Yosh-E-O



Isabelle and Yosh are in for quite the adventure upon discovering The Monado Of Harmony.

  • ...
 1
 350

Chapter 6 - Of Kindness And Loyalty

Isabelle went to help Yosh when she noticed how he was having a hard time finding where he was in the hall.
“Are you okay?” she asked. “What happened?”

Yosh felt a sense of relief as his assistant hooked her right arm around his left.
“I could see…,” he trailed while holding the Monado in front of his face. “It was all blue and a tad hazy but this Monado allowed me to see to battle back that cat guy.”

SHING-SHING-SHING

“My Cutie Mark…?” questioned Starlight upon noticing her flank was blinking. “The map is summoning us?”

SLAM!
CRASH!
SHOOM!

A streak of rainbow light flew by the group before looping back around and settling down alongside the group.
“Oh, yeah!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “I’ve been waiting for my next friendship mission!”

Starlight’s Cutie Mark continued to flash.

“So it’s you and me this time, Starlight?” asked the cyan-colored Pegasus. “Where are we off to?”

“Actually,” replied Starlight. “I think the friendship problem is right here in Ponyville.”

“Really?” pouted the Pegasus as she took to hovering in the air. “So much for an adventure.”

“Rainbow Dash,” added Starlight. “I think the map is summoning us because a cat just captured Twilight and we need to save her.”

“What?” gasped RD. “Why didn’t you stop him?”

“We tried!” announced Starlight with frustration. “However he has some sort of relic that cancels out our magic!”

SHIK-TINK

POOM

Yosh saw a scene where Rainbow Dash was captured while trying to save Fluttershy. Discord was in some sort of cage along with numerous other animals.

“Yosh?” asked Isabelle. “You got that look like you just had another of those visions.”

“I did,” he said nervously. “Fluttershy is in trouble. The cat guy has Discord caged along with a whole bunch of animals.”

“Wait?” zoomed Dashie as she got right in the dragon-duck’s face. “Are you saying Fluttershy is in trouble?”

Yosh nodded.
“The Monado shows me things,” he replied hesitantly. “Though I don-“

“-We got to save Fluttershy!” cried RD.

SHOOM!

Starlight’s mane blew from how quickly the cyan Pegasus bolted back out of the castle.
“This isn’t good,” she said nervously. “Fortunately I should be able to teleport us all there before she gets into too much trouble.”

Starlight focused her feelings on getting to Fluttershy’s cottage as fast as possible. Once the image had formed in her mind she cast her teleportation spell and Yosh, Spike, Isabelle, and herself were winked away to where the dragon-duck had his vision.

***

“Why are you doing this?” Fluttershy sobbed as the cat held his Monado out in front of her. “These animals never did anything to you.”

The grey feline sneered as a symbol of a foot smashing down on three flowers glowed from within his Monado’s circular lens.
“Cruelty is the opposite of kindness,” he replied simply. “And it is my duty as the agent of Anarchy to eliminate all traces of Harmony.”

“But why?” she pleaded. “Why would you want to cause such unnecessary suffering?”

“Because it pleases me,” the cat replied simply. “And I will soon make sure that you never spread kindness ever again.”

CRASH!

“LEAVE HER ALONE!” charged Rainbow Dash after bursting through the cottage door and slamming the yellow-eyed feline into a nearby wall.

“Loyalty,” the cat said without any sign of concern. “So glad you came by. This makes my job a lot easier.”

The agent of anarchy started to work his Monado. However Dashie noticed the movement in his arm muscles and used her back legs to kick the weapon away.
“Nice try!” she boomed. “You mustn’t know much about The Wonderbolts because we’re trained to keep our eyes open for anything and everything!”

“Too bad you’re too late to have actually stopped me,” the cat grinned while looking towards where Discord now stood holding the Monado Of Anarchy.

“Discord?” wondered the cyan Pegasus. “What are you doing?”

“What does it look like?” he asked rhetorically as he wrapped himself tightly around Fluttershy’s neck. “I’m making you choose between your friend or stopping Lord Malice.”

Fluttershy gasped as the draconequus gave a firm squeeze that prevented her from breathing.

Rainbow Dash looked in disbelief as she maintained a hold upon Lord Malice.

“Do you know the opposite of loyalty?” the cat asked menacingly. “It’s treachery.”

“But,” Dash tried to reason. “Why would you betray us, discord?”

“Just because,” he replied. “Now make your choice before I leave your friend breathless.”

Dashie had no real choice. She relaxed her hold on the cat and allowed him to reclaim his weapon.

“See,” he said while showing a symbol that resembled a dagger placed over top a broken, cartoon heart in which displayed within the lens of his Monado. “Treachery crushes loyalty.”

Discord unwrapped himself from Fluttershy and appeared at a loss.
“Fluttershy…?” he asked with disbelief.

“Ah,” Lord Malice purred while switching the lens from ‘Treachery’ to ‘Cruelty’. This action put the draconequus in shackles within a hanging bird cage. “That’ll hold you.”

“STOP!” commanded Starlight as she, Yosh, Spike, and Isabelle all arrived on the scene. “This all ends here, fur face!”

“I think not,” Lord malice replied as he tossed his Monado towards Fluttershy.

“FLUTTERSHY!” cried Dash as she pushed the yellow Pegasus away.

FWOOSH
TING!

Fluttershy was safe but Rainbow Dash had become absorbed by Malice’s Monado.
“Two,” he said simply before plucking up his blade and executing the Science effect.

PWOOM

Yosh saw a vision of everyone losing their magical ability before the cat captured Fluttershy.

FWOOM

“No!” the dragon-duck proclaimed while holding up his Monado. “The future does not belong to you!”

TINK

Twilight’s Cutie Mark appeared in Yosh’s lens before Spike, once more, grew in size, Starlight acquired a sparkly horn, and Isabelle found herself holding a basket of fruit that also gave off rainbow sparkles.

PWOOM

Yosh had another vision of him joining in battle against the cat. However he accidentally made a strike that nearly hit Spike and allowed the villain to get away.

FWOOM

“Okay!” announced Yosh. “You three need to handle this!”

TINK

Rainbow Dash’s Cutie Mark appeared in the lens prior to blue-colored energy washing over Starlight, Isabelle, and Spike.

“We choose to fight!” proclaimed Spike as he felt even more determined to stop the villain than he had previously in his upgraded form.

“Let’s put an end to this!” announced Starlight as she started to conjure up lightning from her horn.

“Healing fruits at the ready!” cheered Isabelle.

“We can’t lose!” announced Yosh. “Behold the power of the Monado Of Harmony!”