• Published 26th Aug 2018
  • 350 Views, 1 Comments

Monado Of Harmony - Yosh-E-O



Isabelle and Yosh are in for quite the adventure upon discovering The Monado Of Harmony.

  • ...
 1
 350

Chapter 11 - Journey To The Tree

FWUMP!

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE’S NOT HERE!” the grey cat shrieked while pinning Big Macintosh against a tree. “WHERE’D SHE GO!”

“Don’t, know,” defied the red-coated stallion. “And, if I did know, I wouldn’t be tellin’ the likes of you where she went.”

SLIP
THWUMP


Lord Malice released his hold on the stallion and Big Mac fell into a heep upon the ground.
“Maybe this will change your mind,” the cat heaved as he used his Monado to display the symbol of the doll with pins shoved into it.

“Yeowch!” cried Big Mac as he felt like every muscle in his body had gone through a week’s worth of work.

“Tell me where she is!” the Agent Of Anarchy glared. “Tell me where Honesty is hiding!”

“No,” the farm stallion cringed.

TINK

The cat’s eyes burned yellow as he switched his Monado’s power to that of Treachery.
“Then you’ll do as I command!” he declared. “Betray Honesty!”

Big Mac felt compelled to comply. Something about the symbol of the dagger over the broken cartoon heart filled him with such a need to spite his sister.
“She’s with Starlight,” he replied. “They disappeared from the orchard about fifteen minutes ago.”

“Blast!” the cat cursed. “No doubt this ‘Starlight’ is working with Harmony’s vessel to reinforce itself against my assault.”

“What?” wondered Big Mac.

TINK

The symbol for Greed appeared within the lens of the Monado Of Anarchy.
“Listen!” the cat boomed. “Everyone is going to take all your apples unless you tell me where the Tree Of Harmony is!”

Between the influence of Greed and Treachery, Big Mac was powerless.
“In the Everfree Forest!” he exploded. “Right near the Castle Of The Two Sisters! Now gimme’ back my apples!”

The grey cat sneered as he pointed towards the gathering crowd of ponies looting the orchard.
“Go get them yourself,” he stated. “I’ve got business to attend to with Harmony.”

Big Mac joined the frenzy to get apples as Lord Malice made his way towards the Everfree Forest.

***

BWARF!

Crowds of greed influenced ponies stopped in their tracks as they were touched by the glittery rainbow flames of Spike’s ‘Burning Generosity’.

“Are you okay, Mayor?” asked Isabelle as she helped the blind dragon-duck with her right arm and supported the ‘Fruits Of Kindness’ in her left.

“I’m fine,” he said. “I’m just glad things are working out despite how this thing teases me with eyesight.”

“Maybe it will give you your eyes back after we stop that evil cat guy?” proposed Isabelle.

Yosh recalled the vision he had where he and Isabelle happily entered into a home together. The vision was hued in blue but he did notice his eyes still frosted over.

“Mayor?” wondered Isabelle. “Are you okay?”

“Fine,” he replied as a tear slipped from one of his eyes. “Let’s just keep following Spike towards the Tree Of Harmony and tossing those fruits to the bewitched ponies.”

“Right,” agreed the shih tzu while temporarily letting go of Yosh to reach into her basket, plucking out a fruit, and tossing it towards a nearby pony. This action, along with renewed generosity, created a chain reaction of kind gestures to share the fruit as the curse was lifted and each pony returned to normal.

“I wonder if this sparkly breath I have would work on dragons?” Spike inquired after engulfing another group of greedy citizens. “Maybe even griffons?”

Yosh chuckled.
“Or even diamond dogs,” he quipped.

“Mayor,” replied Isabelle. “They did come back to Canine Crossroads and are, in large part, being upstanding citizens.”

Yosh blushed.
“Sorry, Isabelle,” he apologized. “I know we’ve done a good job in getting the ones who left to be strong contributors instead of scavenging thieves.”

Isabelle just smiled while giving her head a shake so Yosh could hear her bells that were attached to her hair. It was her way of letting him know all was well as she kept throwing the bottomless supply of kindness fruit to the once cursed residents of Ponyville.

“The path’s clear now!” cheered Spike. “Let’s get to the tree before that cat guy does!”

PWOOM

Yosh saw Discord facing off against Lord Malice.

FWOO

“Right!” added the dragon-duck as he clung to Isabelle’s right arm. “Starlight and the rest may already be there!”

***

POOF
THWUMP-WUMP

Discord appeared outside of Zecora’s hut with Fluttershy safely landing on all four hooves. However Starlight and Applejack found themselves appearing in mid-air and off balance as they fell upon the forest floor.

“Discord!” growled Starlight as she used her magic to support the Cutie Map. “This is no time for your pranks!”

“Excuse me, princess,” he mocked. “I didn’t know you were the fun police around here.”

“Who goes there” a voice inquired.

The group turned to see their zebra friend, Zecora, trotting their way.

“Oh, it’s you,” the healer sing-songed. “And it also appears with Discord, too.”

“Zecora,” said Applejack. “We got a heep of trouble comin’ this way. You may want to seek cover.”

The ornately dressed zebra waved her hoof out in protest.
“Anarchy comes, does it not?” she more stated than asked. “It would help if I, too, fought.”

“How did you know?” wondered Starlight.

“The answer is quite plain to see,” she replied. “Why else would you bring that map of the cutie?”

WHOOSH

The map suddenly projected everyone’s Cutie Marks, along with markers for Yosh, Isabelle, and Spike, over where the Tree Of Harmony was located.

“Looks like we’re headin’ towards the school,” stated Applejack. “I’m a guessin’ we’ll all be meetin’ up there to stop that cat you’ve been talkin’ about.”

“I’ll stay here,” stated Discord. “Clearly Harmony has no need for me or it would’ve made a cool little Discord symbol.”

“Perhaps it is for the best,” added Zecora. “Because holding the villain back to give our friends time is truly our test.”

“How do you figure Ms. Rhyme Time?” glared the draconequus.

Zecora produced a small bowl with a thick green balm in it.
“Anarchy’s power may be strong,” she said while dabbing some of the substance onto Discord’s body. “But your powers will remain while wearing this balm.”

“Balm?” wondered Starlight.

SPLAT!

Zecora splatted some of the goop on the periwinkle Unicorn’s face and back.
“This cream is of nature made,” she said. “It shall protect you from Anarchy’s blade.”

“Wait,” wondered Applejack. “How do you know about all this, Zecora?”

Zecora put away the balm and produced a royal-blue liquid.
“Ancient zebra tale tells of a griffon hero who fought against total annihilation,” she stated. “Now it seems this battle requires our participation.”

RUSTLE-RUSTLE
SLASH
WHOOSH
CRASH!

“Hurry! Hurry!” commanded the zebra mystic. “Discord and I shall stall this malevolent furry!”

Applejack and Starlight saw the faint outline of the yellow-eyed Agent Of Anarchy as it swung about a sword-like object that left trails of purplish-black energy.

“You sure about this?” asked AJ.

Starlight used her magic to lift the Cutie Map.
“No time!” she cried. “We’ve got to go!”

“In you all I have much faith!” called Zecora as she prepared a series of potions and other medicinal items. “Your success shall make us all safe!”