• Published 27th Aug 2018
  • 473 Views, 0 Comments

Equestria Girls - State Of Emergency - EliteLenny223



The Mane 7 go into an adventure that involves another type of magic! What would they find? Because every new experience tests their friendships in the more complex world...

  • ...
4
 0
 473

Setting awareness (Part 1)

February 21, 2018... a Wednesday... 1222 hours...

Cafeteria is somehow full with students eating up lunch. It’s not an unusual time for the meal as everyone is relaxed. In most of their minds, finishing up with morning classes was like lifting a full ton of their brains.

Sunset Shimmer having the orange-yellow streak hair was seated together with her friends. She felt like smiling, but somehow she felt a little off. That time, wasn’t something as she’d felt positive of. Because of that, a frown easily came on her face.

Twilight who was wearing glasses on the table noticed Sunset’s frown and decided to move near her friend before speaking up. “Sunset? Are you okay?”

Then as Sunset looked at Twilight, she smiled but it later faded to a frown again. “I’d love to say yes, but no. Now that I think about it... Well... Let’s just say I was... feeling heavier. Twilight... I gotta ask you something. You remember your days in Crystal Prep, right?” She observed Twilight nodding and continued. “How’d you feel when you were getting so much knowledge you needed? And... it includes how excited you were about what you were finding in CHS back then.”

At this, Twilight raised an eyebrow. She had something in mind for that. “Sounds like you wanna be reminded of that. But...” She was curious. “What’s with the sudden question to muse over about me?”

“Just finding something common. I got something in my mind. I just don’t know how I’d share it yet. Does it help?”

After Sunset asked, Twilight just shrugged her shoulders. She then decided to speak up to answer. “Well... Finding new stuff back then especially when I was an ace in academics, made me feel excited of the future. And...When I was trying to find the energy I didn’t know then was magic, I kept pushing myself to know more. It... made me all the more possessive with what I was back then. And... Post-Friendship games happened. I’m not so sure gaining too much knowledge helps balance someone. I had to give myself something instead, and that’s how I realized I NEED friends.” As Twilight finished explaining her answer, she noticed Sunset wasn’t looking at her. Though she knew Sunset listened, she saw that Sunset was thinking of something deep. “Wait... Is it THAT deep?”

Then Sunset briefly looked at Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Applejack talking about random things. Laughs came from them and they didn’t look her way.

Deciding something for herself, Sunset stands up first from the table. “I’m sorry, but I gotta go. I don’t feel hungry right now.”

“Huh? Hey, wait-!” But Twilight didn’t finish as Sunset was already leaving.

Applejack noticed it herself and scratched her head before looking at Twilight. “Sometimes it takes time before she gets her head straight. Don’t worry, she’ll come ‘round.”

Twilight sighs hearing Applejack’s statement. “I hope you’re right.”

As Sunset herself left through the double-doors of the cafeteria into a school hallway, she figured she’d keep walking to distract herself, only to stop in surprise. Another girl who appeared exactly like Twilight was in front of her, wearing a completely different set of casual clothes. And then there’s a dog who was purple in fur color right beside this Twilight. At that, Sunset smiled and walked right up to her. “Princess Twilight!”

Eventually, the Princess approached Sunset and both of them hugged each other, both feeling glad. It’s been a while since Princess Twilight had visited, and that was quite the time for her to arrive.

When Sunset pulled away from the hug, she winced. “Hold up… You didn’t tell me you were coming.”

“I wanted it to be a surprise,” replied Princess Twilight. “Besides, I kinda know on your letters to me that even if you’re tight with our friends, there’s bound to be some rocky things coming up.”

“You know… You missed a lot ever since. Winning a video competition… Actually watching the video… Then there’s that time when we were camping and we-”

Twilight only chuckled. “You can tell me things I don’t know of yet. Relax. I’m caught up.”

Sunset chuckled back but the smile she’s putting up is lessening each second. Sighing, she decided to pull Princess Twilight with her as she walked. “I gotta talk to you about something. There’s a lot of time before the next class. I just wanna make sure I don’t miss this.”

“O-okay?” Twilight could only agree with what Sunset is planning, whatever it is.

1235 hours…

Sunset’s dorm room isn’t so big, but it at least has a few books at a shelf near a desk with a lamp on it and a lot of pencils. Then there were scrapbooks and journals. And just under the bed, Twilight could see that Sunset’s magical book for sending messages between her and that book back in Equestria was easily seen. At this, Twilight gave Sunset a brief advice to try putting that book at a better place.

Eventually, Sunset sat down on the bed and Twilight sat beside her. “I have to apologize,” Sunset first said. “Just before I go on… How long since you and this world’s Twilight talked?”

“Actually almost never.” Twilight answered this with a smile, even if Sunset doesn’t feel like it. Now Twilight just didn’t want to force it and kept her emotions neutral. “Wanna tell me what this is about?”

“Well… It’s actually from this morning.” Sunset said this, looking at Twilight’s eyes straight. “I was just about to pass on some cupcakes I bought supposedly for snacks. I thought I’d do that for Pinkie Pie since the school stuff is getting a little more continuous for her recently.”

FLASHBACK…

0928 hours...

As Sunset herself was carrying a box of brown banana-cupcakes and go through the back of the school as a shortcut to her room, she had to stop since her phone was ringing. She looked somewhere else before holding the box with one hand and getting her smart phone with the other. It was Pinkie Pie texting a question of where the cupcakes are. She puts the phone away, knowing she’s about to arrive anyway.

But when she turned to the door she was supposed to go into, the moment she spun to the direction she wanted, she walked and bumped into someone since it was so fast. For a split second, her fingers touched someone’s hand just before she was knocked to sitting down on the school walkway, even dropping the box of cupcakes without spilling its contents. Looking up, she saw a man wearing a black suit, just before her eyes flashed white.

Sunset – For a brief moment, I was seeing memories of this man... And he was talking to Princess Celestia about something.

Twilight – About what?

Sunset – About plans regarding what to do if word of us using magic gets out to the world or to the city.

Twilight – Wait... What? What’s wrong with that?

Sunset – You don’t know how it’ll be a problem at first glance.

As Sunset’s vision stopped, her eyes turned back to normal and she panted. She looked at the man with some fear and even crawled back.

Then as Charlie noticed the girl’s look and appearance, he could tell who she is. “Hm.” He only quietly breathed to observe her. He decided a moment later he should speak up. “I was wondering how it actually works. Ever since visions come and go from psychics, I would think it’s something else but magic. Heh.” He shrugged before going on. “Of course yours is.”

Sunset felt a little violated that he’d know what her power is. But she felt suspicious, even with the memories she now has. “How do I know you won’t use that to your advantage?”

Charlie answers. “Well, I’m quite good in keeping things strictly as they are. I’m like someone in logistics who passes down information only that’s-”

“That’s doubly sure if you’re from the government,” Sunset interrupted, glaring at him before she stood up. “You were here talking to Principal Celestia... There’s no doubt it’s about us, and how what comes as normal in Canterlot, isn’t really going out to the rest of the city, or the world.”

For that, Charlie didn’t know how else he would react. Eventually, he gives up his false facade and chuckles. “Really impressive, Sunset Shimmer. No doubt you’re a great person of interest.”

“You’re more of a stalker Agent Darwin. Nice to meet you too,” Sunset answered with a glare that stayed at him while she picked up her box of cupcakes, which she briefly found out was still in good shape.

Charlie’s earpiece worn on his ear was transmitting Chadwick’s voice. “Charlie? What’s happening? I heard the name of a subject pop up! Are you talking to her?!

But Charlie didn’t want to answer yet seeing as Sunset was onto him. Then when he decided to answer, he takes a different stance. “You know what? Yeah. I talked to her because she felt like sharing. Never mind. She knows who I am anyway. So I shared... just without my permission.”

Sunset observes Charlie and notices he has an earpiece. She then waits, knowing he’s busy talking to his companion.

Snorting, Charlie becomes impatient. “You’re just gonna have to deal with it. We’re not crusaders for the Agency. We tell what we both know, well... even if she knew what was in my head from moments ago.”

But Sunset chuckled. She pointed at her head. “Not just from moments ago.” As soon as she said that, Charlie seemed to feel uneasy. He knew he had to go with it.

Sunset – I played him like a fiddle, but he knew taking me back with him at the SUV he parked near the school was wise. Chadwick, his partner, didn’t like it.

As soon as everyone was in the SUV, Chadwick was clutching his hair with his hands. “ARE YOU CRAZY?!!!”

“HEY!” Charlie demanded. “Calm the hell down, would ya? If this was gonna really happen, I’d really be a sitting duck, but I’m not.” He then glared at her who was at the back seats. “You just pulled sensitive information out of my head and into yours, young lady. Maybe it’s best you start to forget them.”

Sunset made a smug face as she answered. “Maybe.” Her box of cupcakes was right beside her as she was making sure her hands were free. “It feels wrong trying to spy on us even of what we’ve done.”

“My teams and I only knew about you when the Dazzlings have eventually disappeared after that Battle of the Bands gig your school put up months back. Celestia was trying to ask a big favor by keeping the information about the first six under wraps and protected. You see-”

Sunset spoke first, knowing Charlie wasn’t finished. “She got you out of a legal problem when you were falsely accused of fraud. You were able to make it on your own with good advice from Celestia to fight for the truth. But being the agent you are, you can find your way around.”

Charlie chuckled at that. “Okay, okay. I admit you know a little more than usual. You’re not surprised of me knowing. I get it.”

“Good. Because I want to hear it from your mouth as to why you’re taking your time watching us too!!” Sunset demanded this loudly from him.

End of Flashback...

Sunset scratched her head as she looked down while telling the story. “And like that, he told me what I needed to know. Apparently... He’s the contact Principal Celestia and Luna has when it comes to cover-up stories. Celestia and Luna give out information about notable people in Canterlot City, provided he’d also spin out information regarding to events of what happened from the beginning of when Equestrian magic arrived... through me. That much given, he’s protecting our reputation as both students... a magic-wielders.”

Twilight was wide-eyed that she didn’t know what to reply. She took several seconds to think about it and process it. Then she asked. “What was the catch? Spinning out information for a front sounds like a hard job.”

“Exactly. Then I asked what his real purpose was.” Sunset answered this, continuing her story.

FLASHBACK... 0939 hours...

Charlie groaned, being asked that question from Sunset. “Look... You already saw my memories. Why make me answer?”

Sunset looked away, then back at him. “I guess it’s a force of habit being a good judge of character, and I know how to tell a lie from truth.”

“Look... the Agency also had resources to study strange phenomena that were very notable because of its frequency. And your type of phenomena is largely frequent, especially since the Camp Everfree incident. My division is assigned to contain the situation. If this gets out to the public, of course it will incite chaos and people will be looking for answers.” Charlie explains this, and sees Sunset realize something with her eyes coming wide-eyed.

The teenager then saw his meaning. “So that’s why you’re worried about Mayor Warren...”

“Yeah. Unprecedentedly, she was looking into all of those events. Maybe if you didn’t see from my memories... She took a lot of photos related to you, and this other friend you got named Twilight Sparkle.”

“Oh...! Ah!! I remember that part.” Sunset put her fingers on her head to try and not getting a headache. “Now that I’m really scanning my head and hearing you say it, I think I could stop being too assertive. Look… I’m sorry. I just needed insurance. Ow… this hurts a little…”

Charlie then looked at Chadwick, who seemed bitter. “What the hell now?”

Chadwick looked away before replying. “This was always your call, Charlie. She knows what and who we are and she’ll be telling someone-”

Sunset groaned to stop Chadwick from speaking. “And you’re being too shallow on what you think you know about me, Chadwick. I might not completely know you, but HE does. You think you’re so protective of your identity that you don’t even think I wouldn’t blow it. Clearly, you don’t like to trust me that you’d keep this all quiet rather than letting this go and-”

“HEY, GIRLIE!” Chadwick replies harshly glaring at her. “I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE GETTING AT, BUT I’M NOT TAKING THAT CHANCE WITH WHAT YOU KNOW!” And after he spoke at that tone, a strong hand grabs his suit collar before his face was drawn near to a clearly upset Charlie. “W-What are you-?”

Charlie interrupts Chadwick. “You’re not doing anything because I won’t let you. Look, she’s going to cooperate, and clearly she understands the gravity of the situation she’s in.”

“Tch. And you’re just too blind to see she’s playing you!”

“You’re not seeing it, Chadwick! Blind as I may be, cooperative or not, she can’t escape what comes next. It’ll be worse if Warren puts an open claim on all seven of them!” Charlie then lets go and gently pushes Chadwick back to his seat before looking at Sunset who was surprised. He held a pause unsure of what he’s going to say, but he decided on it. “Sunset... I’m going back tomorrow to speak to Celestia, and you. And eventually, we’ll tell all your friends.”

On Charlie’s plan though it follows Celestia’s, Sunset figured she’d rather want to settle this within the day. Putting her arms over the other just to think, she knows the obvious reason is to prepare her friends for the worst that could happen if not careful. “I’ll put in a good word for you.” Sunset said this, making him surprised himself. “Rather than waiting for another day, the others have got to know this... sooner than you think. I’ll talk to Principal Celestia and tell her to speed up the plan.”

This was something Charlie could speed up, since awareness is the only thing he wants to share. He thought about it for a moment before getting back to Sunset. “Deal. 5 in the afternoon. I’m sure you’re all free.”

“By the way… I know I could just tell someone about you and your partner are spies… But maybe I’m not so sure. With what I saw in your memories… It’s so dark. I should apologize for that. It’s not always my place to see another’s memories when I don’t want to.”

Charlie briefly looked Chadwick, who shook his head not knowing what to say. Then Charlie looks back at Sunset for the reply. “Hang in there. You probably saw things you were never meant to see.”

Sunset sighs, seeing he’s right.

End of Flashback…

Sunset sighs after finishing her last statement about what she proposed to Charlie. “I agreed on that and I’m gonna talk to Principal Celestia and Luna. If there’s one thing I don’t want, it’s unnecessary attention.”

The princess herself had been listening attentively and felt as if Sunset really grew up from being selfish. A lot has changed. Now she’s imagining Sunset is handling the bigger issues that concern the identity of the seven in Earth. Twilight made her remark. “I think you’ll do just fine with what you’re gonna tell Principal Celestia.”

With that said, Sunset smiled after a long while of being unsure of what she felt. “Thanks, for what it’s worth. Still… I don’t think I’d wanna forget what I saw from his head.”

Twilight chuckles. “I only have little things at a time I wanna forget to relieve myself from the pressure. But as princess? No. I’d rather want to face problems head on no matter how stressful they are, and have help ready in case they’re quite heavy.”

“Good thing you know better how to manage.”

As Twilight was about to reply, she winced as she saw herself at the door, appearing to be wearing glasses and another set of casual clothes. This made her stand from her seat at the dorm bed, seeing as the Twilight of this Earth was once again surprised to see the Princess.

Sunset stood up herself to see who from the two Twilights speak first.

And it was Human Twilight who reacts first, raising her hand to wave and grin at the Princess. “Hi there… Princess.”

Princess Twilight smirked at her human self. “When was the last time you felt that way? I think after the Friendship games. Anyway… I don’t mind.” Her smirk turned into a smile, a welcoming smile to make her human self comfortable.

And the Human Twilight’s grin faded while she put her hand down. “Sorry. I just felt weird after seeing my double was a princess. I saw you a few times with Sunset and I know you two are tight, even after she stole your crown.”

Princess Twilight nods. “She changed a lot since then and you’re a testimony to it. She turned you around too. Don’t forget.” After hearing the Princess give that advice, the Human Twilight seemed to be more comfy.

Sunset figured the two needed privacy. “I’ll leave you two to catch up, see if I could get that talk going.” She said that before saying her farewells before leaving the dorm room with the two Twilights. She could only figure needed each other’s clarity. After all, Princess Twilight didn’t speak much about herself to her human counterpart.

1316 hours…

Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna had been attentively listening to Sunset about the proposed accelerated plan as an act of extra awareness. Now that Sunset knew about what she and Charlie talked about, there wasn’t any need to hold back on what she knows. It could help her friends understand how things are and how everyone should be careful.

It took a few minutes, but Celestia was making her reply after Sunset spoke. “At least you know him better and he seems to be sincere in helping out. I convinced him to be a close guardian in case things do turn out the way he predicts.”

Luna however felt concerned. “Well, we DID put ourselves in that position to secure the identities of Sunset and the others, dear sister.”

Sunset sighs, knowing something else. “After the Friendship games though? He feels as if he shouldn’t cover up for Crystal Prep Academy, and is thinking of letting that matter go.”

Luna replies. “He should. I don’t think Crystal Prep would be a big worry. Cinch isn’t the type to completely blow on us with her reputation on the line. But she COULD be the type who could tell it to a politician as an under-handed tactic. I’ll talk to Dean Cadence to get her thought on that.”

Celestia however found it unsettling that Luna thinks Cinch is capable to be under-handed. “And you would dare go to that line in thinking Principal Cinch is under-handed?”

“I’m just trying to watch our backs,” Luna replies before looking at Sunset. “It seems with this matter, Celestia and I will make the arrangements for later. Tell your friends. This matter about your identities needs to be discussed.”

Sunset nods. “Understood.”