• Published 27th Aug 2018
  • 469 Views, 0 Comments

Equestria Girls - State Of Emergency - EliteLenny223



The Mane 7 go into an adventure that involves another type of magic! What would they find? Because every new experience tests their friendships in the more complex world...

  • ...
4
 0
 469

The Apple Sweetest in Friendship

Sunset – Though it’s been a week, I couldn’t really stop thinking about Twilight ever since she left… I couldn’t believe it too… She actually left us without saying a goodbye. She actually felt really… really intent on leaving. There wasn’t a spell, and there wasn’t anything that influenced her.

I wrote to Princess Twilight and I told her about what happened to me. It seemed unbearable of my crystal geode getting through my chest. Minutes later, it started getting smaller, and like what Twilight experienced I actually felt little stings in my body, probably because of it splitting into shards. It felt easier as more time passed.

Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna did what they could, sending police task forces to look for Twilight, but none came back with news. That got my friends and I worried.

To take my mind off, I needed to know what changed when I had my geode shards inside me, and it seems there was a lot. I practiced and I noticed a few things. I got more physically amplified, and then there’s magic control like how Twilight does it through levitation, and eventually? I was even teleporting too. Then there’s the control of thoughts that come into my head from others. They aren’t that much annoying anymore, and it seems Rainbow Dash’s over-usage of her abilities weren’t a key factor anymore, like my powers are separated from the rest. Was that a bad thing?

The last things I wrote to Princess Twilight was that although our Twilight is gone, we’re hanging on. Our hopes are high we’d see her again, and we know very much that our Twilight is sincere, even… if it’s now shrouded in darkness. It’s like I felt Midnight Sparkle… only it’s just shaped into Twilight’s soul… And I’m really afraid of it.

1 week later…

February 28, 2018... a Wednesday... 1157 hours...

Sunset had finished writing entries into her mystical book she uses to communicate with Princess Twilight and was right at the front courtyard just at the small stair case that leads to the multiple door entrances of the school. After closing her book and keeping it in her knapsack, a familiar male agent was approaching. She nodded at his presence before speaking up. “Agent Darwin?”

Charlie nods back. “Sunset.”

“What ya doing here?” Sunset asked casually, though she already had some answer in her mind, causing her to look away.

“Just some serious business as usual, Sunset. And, if you’re asking about Twilight’s whereabouts… Well… She’s gone completely off the grid. Even I couldn’t understand it, but all things crazy have answers.”

“All things crazy-” Sunset uneasily chuckled after repeating what he said. “Yeah. I caught on with that. I think it’s just getting out of control.

“Hey, uh… You wouldn’t happen to have something to know about Flash Sentry’s sudden disappearance, do you?” Sunset asked, feeling this was another concern.

“Maybe you should try taking it slow taking things in, Sunset.” Charlie then gently brushed past her before moving into the school through the entrances. He noticed she followed him in, before he replied further. “Because really? I think you’re gonna be stressed. You didn’t see me much in a week, so it means I’m busy. And when I’m busy…” He glared right at her. “…I mean it.”

Sunset snorted, letting him hear and she stopped to just see him walk off into the distance to the direction of Principal Celestia’s office. She was already at one of the hallways of the school when she saw the familiar brown southern hat Applejack wore, while its owner actually greeted her with a wave. “Hey Applejack.”

“Howdy!” Applejack replied. “I see Charlie’s around.”

“Yeah… Same old same old. He and Celestia are gonna talk about things. Best we wait for what we know.” Sunset said this, while analyzing Applejack’s mind. She could do it flexibly with her powers.

And Applejack pretended not to care when her mind is completely opposite. “Jeez, maybe she could just use her powers to read his mind and own him.

Sunset growled a little and glared at Applejack. “You know the type who wants to just stalk you by telling you what that stalker knows you think of several seconds back?”

Applejack gritted her teeth nervously. “Darn it, Sunset!”

“Look, I’m not against your advice, but that enough is one thing I don’t need. I read his mind once and I know I gotta give him respect.” She stopped talking as a few students were around, and decided to deliver the rest of her message through telepathy. “Besides… He’s got good options laid down while he’s got his hands full. Us? We’re still learning. Ordinary day. Less suspicions. Better, right?

The two walked together until Sunset stopped to open her locker. Applejack made a reply through her thoughts hoping Sunset would hear. “I’m not saying you should open him up. Just tellin’ ya that we could handle whatever comes our way… the mayor… whatever holds Twilight hostage… or even their darn Agency.

Sunset slams her locker door close and glared at Applejack, nearing her face to the other while she whispered. “You like to make it personal with him spying on us in the first place. I get it. But I’m tellin’ ya to move on… and back off.”

Applejack didn’t feel she wanted to impose too much with her reply while seeing Sunset step away, relieving her face away from Applejack’s as well. “I ain’t forcing anything, Sunset. Ya know what? You changed.”

At that, Sunset chuckled. “Let’s just say I got a bigger perspective now. If you were Fluttershy, she’d be scared. I don’t want that. Good thing you’re one to understand it simply.”

“Whoo-wee… I got a feeling you’re gonna bust anyone’s day.” Applejack muttered this to herself.

Then Sunset heard voices from afar. One of them was Charlie’s and the other was Celestia’s. It sounded like they were arguing. She knew she was tracking what she hears with her powers. Applejack asked why Sunset suddenly looked towards a direction and was replied to with Sunset getting busy and eventually said her goodbye and walked off towards Celestia’s office…

Several moments ago…

Celestia covered her mouth seated on her desk as she looked down at horrid photos. Luna saw them and couldn’t bear it before she went immediately to the office’s bathroom.

Charlie could hear Luna throw up in disgust with what the photos were described. Eventually, he made his comment. “Can’t say things are simple as we first thought. Ed Ricks was split up across states and it just keeps getting better and better. Nothing else explains that he was ripped apart before his parts were sent all around the country.”

“This is horrible,” Celestia muttered before speaking up. “This is the fate of a P.I. that’s suspected to work for Mayor Warren? Something’s not right about this.”

Charlie replies as calm as possible for Celestia. “Something was definitely not right. They were discovered right at the homes of his past clients, like the killer knew exactly how he operated and who he visited, when it’s so unlikely on his personality that he’d never let it happen. There’s no way in other scenarios that within one week, all the body parts would be sent this way, and it was so efficient if the delivery system was caught.”

“Please get me straight to the point…” Celestia requested this just before Luna had finally arrived at her side, seeing her sister wiping a handkerchief on her mouth. “Luna, are you okay?”

“I’m fine now…” Luna replied.

Charlie then responded to Celestia’s request. “No physical evidence of delivery, and it’s like they all appeared on the scene. No break-ins. No damages to property. They were silently placed inside those homes. No prints either, and even traces of anyone moving those parts. It didn’t make any sense in the physical side of things.”

“On the physical side?” Luna asked this for clarity, which Charlie answered.

“We don’t just look at things at the most physical sense, Vice Principal. We already had an idea that there was magic used in this. The kind? We don’t know. We already took Equestrian Magic as one of the types that now exist in the world. But based on how we’ve known Equestrian magic since last year? This doesn’t apply.” Charlie groans. “Damn it… If we’re gonna find the culprits on this, then I might need to ask a huge favor to help with this investigation.”

Celestia winced at that, before looking at Luna who looked back at her. Then they both had shock in their faces, both glaring at Charlie. “No… No, absolutely not!!!!” Celestia stood up from her seat, slammer her hands on the desk, and continued. “I will not allow you to take any of my students! They’re my responsibility!!!”

Charlie chuckled before he abruptly stopped and glared back before raising his tone at her. “Well that responsibility was null and void the moment Sunset Shimmer started being reckless and turned into that she-demon she described herself before!!! Or maybe you’re forgetting-”

“I will not let you take any of her friends or any of my students to endanger their lives!”

“Well who the heck else knows how to counter magic of one kind? The magic of another!! And guess what? This world’s normal circle of magic-wielders can’t fight something like this.” Charlie put his arms crossed over his chest. “My division’s aim is to protect those who can willingly use their magic and give considerable damage to this country’s property and its citizens. You have to understand that we have to go through all lengths to do that!!! I might not force it, but someone else will.” Then he saw Celestia’s fear creeping in. “And if I’m not around to help you keep the seven’s identities a secret to the world, you and me both know it’ll be chaotic. Heck, there will be no doubt everyone’s gonna ask about the origins of their magic! You’ve got to see some sense!!”

Luna spoke up this time. “You know her answer, Agent.”

Charlie gently shook his head on the disappointment he’s feeling. “Alright. I’ll follow with the answer, but there’s another thing that’s got to go if it remains. I’ll have to be readily focused on this investigation, meaning I have to find other ways to deal with a threat like this. And I can’t spare resources to protect you and your students either. I’m on a budget and the Agency would stretch itself thin. I’m not allowing that. If you’re sure with your answer, I’ll have to remove the protections the Agency placed on CHS for good. Meaning… I’m not going to associate with you anymore and pull no stops with what I do best.”

As Celestia heard of what he said, she knew that she had to reconsider. She looked at Luna if there’s anything different from what she thinks. Even Luna seemed unfazed with Charlie’s scenario. Celestia had to ask for something first just for clarity. “What about the likely plans the Mayor has for us?”

“I can’t protect you from them either,” Charlie answered firmly. “I’m sorry. I got my resolve. I need yours.”

“I understand. Still, I must-”

But the doorknob, originally locked, was being unlocked and the door opens. Sunset comes in with a determined look and closes the door behind her. “Hi there.”

“B-but how-?!” Charlie was shocked just as he brought out his handy remote control to check readings on its screen. He looked around at the corners of the room where he placed fluid sound disruptors. He looked at the readings on his remote, and eventually found no problems on each of them. “The dampening field is fine, but-! Sunset!!”

“Long story short, Charlie! I can read every mind inside this room and I didn’t need your sound proofing to keep things private!! And as for that door?” Sunset showed her horn shaped from her aura on her forehead before it faded. “Magic.”

Charlie groans. “Ugh… I can’t believe this…! Sunset, this isn’t the time!”

Sunset glared at him before sending her reply through telepathy. “There’s always time for reason, Charlie.” She saw him a bit nervous, even prompting him to be defensive. “It’s alright, Charlie. It’s me. A week has passed, but I knew my powers were getting stronger. I had to get some way to control it. Good thing I still do now.

Celestia and Luna were just staring at Sunset for what’s happening and they couldn’t properly react.

Sunset continued by speaking up. “I know that pretty much, Equestrian magic is what I know. But if there’s one as dangerous as what we wield, maybe there’s no question we need to intervene.”

Charlie saw Sunset’s point, but he looked at Celestia, then back at Sunset to try making a point. “Your Principal’s more concerned of you and your friends not getting hurt than finding out what’s happened to our dead P.I. here. There’s got to be some answer at why and how this happened.”

“Sunset,” Celestia called. “You know I can’t just let you go… not after what happened to Twilight. Please…”

“She was intent on leaving!!” Sunset barks at Celestia. “In case you haven’t been understanding how I said it to you and Vice Principal Luna, she wished she would spare us from her endangering us, since…” She hesitates to lie further and sighs before continuing with another subject matter. “She’s sincere enough to give me a bad eye, knowing that I’m mostly leading our friendship to better lengths that she’d envy what I am. I’m just doing what I do best for our circle. I’m not restricting anyone to a certain role. We’re all being casual to ourselves and to others. And… we make our sure our friendship is tight. We have disagreements, but I never had something with Twilight that big before. That meant she had to leave.

“Principal Celestia. I know every one of us means so much to you, but I’d wish that you let us grow to make decisions that require… us. We got Equestrian magic that could help with finding out in the investigation. If another type of magic is really existent, we gotta know if it’s harmful or not. That’s my purpose ever since you and Vice Principal Luna told me to keep a good eye on it during the Friendship games… understand magic besides our type. I think this needs my attention.”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other before they huddled together with their arms before whispering at each other.

Charlie gently used his elbow to poke Sunset’s arm. Hoping she’d hear his thoughts, he sends it to her. “Thinking she’d allow it?

Sunset appreciate the casual tone he had on his thoughts and looked at him. “You’re really used to this, aren’t you?” Smiling, she continued her reply. “I don’t think she’ll refuse since there’s a personality of peace within her. Maybe she’s not like Princess Celestia back at my world.

Princess Celestia?

Alternate being from Equestria, the world and dimension I came from. The Princess rules a whole kingdom. Similarities on Principal Celestia, is that they’re both caring like they’re both mothers. They both cherish their subjects and they both know what makes them grow too.” Sunset’s reply just came before Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna got back from the huddle.

With that, Celestia said her final decision. “I will grant this request, but granted, you will have at least one of your friends, only, to come with you.”

Sunset was interested in this condition and nodded. “Sure thing. Less numbers from my party, the better. And it’s less likely Mayor Warren would catch up to what we do.”

“Then it’s agreed. Let me know of who you’ve chosen to take with you. I’ll make arrangements on your leave with Luna.” Celestia’s reply came just before Charlie and Sunset said their goodbyes.

Charlie sighs as he closes the door behind him, leaving him with twilight on that hallway before walking with her. “So who are you gonna take with ya?”

“I think I already got someone in mind.”

“Good to know-” Charlie got interrupted when Sunset suddenly disappeared in front of her from a hint of magic. He got slightly startled when someone poked him from behind, only to find out it was Sunset. “What the-?”

“Told ya. Magic improvement.” Sunset said it with a smug face.

1425 hours…

Since the month doesn’t demand that much of anything school-related, my friends and I agreed to meet up in the music room where the Rainbooms, meaning us, practice sets of pieces we come up with.

I gathered us all there save for Twilight who’s gone, and Charlie Darwin just nearby. He’s giving us privacy, but he’s making sure he at least hears us.

Seated in a circle in the music room, the girls were having the conversation to themselves, but Applejack feels suspicious seeing Charlie nearby.

Sunset spoke up. “Applejack, you can relax. He’s pretty much okay to me.”

“Still,” Applejack replied. “He’s pretty focused on all of us.”

“Of course he is! He’s making sure we’re not suspicious to him!”

Rainbow Dash laughs at what Sunset said. “And you said you were since he’s been a pain!!!” And she kept laughing.

Pinkie Pie thought of things and had an idea. “I can always think a way of pranking him! Thing is, if you want me to do stuff for that long, that’s fine too!”

“Um…” Fluttershy wanted to speak up. “I want to point out that although he’s stalking, it doesn’t give us the right to abuse him for it.”

“Too right, Fluttershy” said Rarity in agreement. “Darling… After thinking about it for a while, I’d say he can be trusted. He’s proven his stance on the situation with the mayor.”

Sunset then stands, groaning before telling all of them. “But Principal Celestia said I’d only take one of you.”

ONLY ONE?!” The other girls exclaimed.

“Sorry, but that’s final.” Sunset said it and put her arms on her chest. “And I already decided.”

I know I had to think about it for a few hours since I was reviewing strengths and weaknesses, and maybe I would need the big muscle on this. Applejack’s got a unique perspective of keeping it simple and provides good advice to keep things on track. That said, I already had my answer.

“Applejack,” Sunset called her. “You got a good role in keeping our foundation in friendship strong from time to time. You even helped Fluttershy during that Dazzle performance, and even in her audition.”

Applejack winced, looking at Fluttershy who smiled at her. Then she looked back at Sunset. “She told ya, hm?”

Fluttershy replied, looking with proud eyes at Applejack. “I should be sure you’d protect her too. Thanks for back then. I know you deserve it.”

Applejack stands and faces Sunset, reaching her hand out to Sunset. “I’m glad to be given this chance. I won’t let you down.” She adjusts her brown cowboy hat worn on her head, letting her smile.

And Sunset takes Applejack’s hand, grasping it tight before pulling Applejack close to a hug. “Thanks, Applejack.”

“GROUP HUG!!!!” Pinkie pie shouted and it was normal for the rest.

Charlie quietly groans, seeing all the girls make a big hug. “Unbelievable,” he thought.

Sunset sends her little chuckles through her telepathy towards him. “See? It works out one way or another.

Oh, shut up.

Admit it,” Sunset sent through telepathy just before she stays silent enjoying the hug. And Charlie had that imaginary last laugh staying silent himself.