• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 2,076 Views, 39 Comments

Descendants: The Isle of the Wicked - Crystal Aura



When the descendants of the major villains are called to live in a better place, it is up to them to make a choice: to follow in their parents' footsteps or to choose the path of heroes.

  • ...
7
 39
 2,076

Did I Mention?

A new day dawned on a safe Equestria, and the villain kids were already in their new class, Remedial Goodness. Fairy Godmother Pear Butter asked the new students a question. "If someone hands you a crying baby, do you A - Curse it, B - Lock it in a tower, C - Give it a bottle, or D - Carve out its heart?"

Rarity raised her hand and Pear Butter gestured for her to answer the question. “Uh, what was the second one?” Rarity asked, her brow furrowed in thought. Pear Butter's smile faltered for a moment before she shifted her gaze elsewhere, appearing slightly uncomfortable.

Twilight was focused on her drawing, her pencil moving effortlessly over the paper. Her sketch of the magic wand was so detailed and precise that it looked like it could come to life at any moment.

“Twilight!” Pear called out, drawing the young girl's attention away from her artwork. Twilight turned towards the Fairy Godmother, her expression neutral.

“C - Give it a bottle,” Twilight answered nonchalantly, her eyes returning to her sketch.

“Correct, again!” Pear exclaimed, impressed by Twilight's quick thinking. Braeburn chimed in with his own praise, “You’re on fire, girl!”

“Just pick the one that doesn't sound any fun…” Twilight said in a matter-of-fact tone, her attention still on her drawing. Her gang members looked at each other, suddenly realizing the simplicity of the question.

Rarity voiced their realization, “Oh my goodness, that makes so much sense!”

Twilight simply replied with a “Duh!” before returning her focus to her sketch, her pencil moving quickly and surely over the paper.

A girl with a bow in her hair and a yellow and red dress burst into the room, her footsteps echoing against the walls. In her hand, she held a stack of papers, which she thrust towards the Fairy Godmother as soon as she reached the villains. Her gaze darted back and forth, her body tense as if she were expecting an attack.

“Uh, you need to sign off early dismissal for the coronation…” The girl’s voice was rushed, and she spoke without pausing for breath.

Pear Butter took the papers and smiled kindly at the girl. “Thank you. Everyone, meet my daughter, Apple Bloom.”

Apple Bloom relaxed a little at the Pear's tone, but she still seemed anxious. “Mom!”

Pear Butter motioned towards the villains. “Oh, that’s okay. Apple Bloom, meet everyone.”

Apple Bloom shuffled nervously towards the group, her eyes darting back and forth. “Uh, hey?” Her voice was hesitant. “That’s okay, don’t mind me. Please go back to your studies, as you were.” She let out a small shriek as she backed away from the group, before turning and fleeing the room.

Pear cleared her throat, trying to regain the students' attention. Twilight watched as Pear asked the class a question, "If you find a vial of poison, do you A - Put it in the King’s wine, B - Paint it on an apple?" The girls giggled at the second option. "Or C - Turn it over to the proper authorities?"

Twilight noticed that all the students, except for herself, raised their hands. The boys became competitive, fighting to keep each other's hands down. After a moment of chaos, Pear selected Soarin.

Soarin proudly answered, "C - Turn it over to the proper authorities," sticking his tongue out at Braeburn.

"I was about to say that!"

"But I said it first!"

The boys continued to argue while Rarity pulled out her mirror to check her appearance. Pear attempted to stop the commotion, finally succeeding after several attempts.

"Boys! You would do greater good if you used this energy on the tourney field."

Soarin, skeptical of the new thing he heard, replied, "Oh no, that’s okay. Whatever that is," as he got up off of Braeburn.


The players moved around the field of their school ground, each taking their positions as the coach called out their roles for the game of tourney. Soarin and Flash were designated as the offensive players, while Trender was tasked with defending their goal. The coach then looked over the rest of the players and called on one to be the shooter. His eyes finally fell on Braeburn, who was idly walking with his helmet in his hand.

"Hey, hey, hey, you blonde boy! Put on your helmet and get out of the kill zone!" the coach shouted, drawing Braeburn's attention.

Braeburn looked down at the ground and quickly put on his helmet. He noticed a part of the field had been painted in red and white stripes, and he realized that it was the kill zone. Being new to the game, Braeburn looked around, trying to get a grasp on the rules. The coach blew his whistle, signaling the start of the game.

The players struggled to move the ball with the bat in their hands, and some of them fell down while attempting to snatch the ball from the other team. The cheerleaders on the sidelines continued to cheer and encourage their teams. Soarin, who was unaware of the rules, believed that the objective of the game was to hit others until they fell to the ground. The other players, along with the coach, looked at Soarin with confusion, but he managed to do pretty well. He charged towards the kill zone and easily made it through to the other side without getting hit by the shooter. With a powerful swing, he successfully hit the ball into the net. The other players were afraid to stop his shot, knowing full well the strength of his swing.

Overjoyed by his victory, Soarin did a winning dance. The coach blew his whistle once again, calling Soarin over to him. The cheerleading team, except for Sunset, cheered loudly for Soarin, congratulating him on his impressive move.

The coach approached Soarin with a smirk on his face. "What do you call that?" he asked, eyeing Soarin's performance with a mix of confusion and amusement.

Soarin looked at the ground sheepishly, unsure of how to respond. "I call that raw talent!" the coach exclaimed. "Come find me later. I'll show you something called a rule book! Haha, welcome to the team, son!" He turned to Braeburn, "And have you ever thought about joining the band?"

Meanwhile, Flash had noticed Braeburn's struggles and offered to help. "I'll work with him, coach!" he said.

As the coach called for the game to be run again, Soarin turned around to see Trender, a defensive player, staring at him. In a deliberate move, Soarin nudged him as he made his way, a sly smile on his face.


Sunset, Trender, and Flash made their way to the school lockers, their laughter echoing through the hallway. But as they turn the corner, their jovial expressions quickly faded as they spotted Twilight and Rarity.

Trender nudges Flash with a grin. "Those kids are trouble."

Rarity was already packing her books into her locker, but Twilight was still rummaging through hers. As Rarity finishes gathering her things, she flashes a small smile and says, "Bye, Twilight."

"Bye," Twilight replies, still focused on her locker.

"Come on, Trender, give them a chance," Flash says, trying to diffuse the tension.

Sunset rolls her eyes and reaches up to adjust her sunglasses. "No offense, Flashy Boo, but you're too trusting. I know your mom fell in love with a big nasty beast who turned out to be really nice, but with my mom, the evil fairy was just the evil fairy," she whispers to him, her tone low and cautious.

Flash looks unconvinced, but before he can respond, he says, "I think you're wrong about them. Anyway, see you later!" With that, he takes his leave, leaving Sunset and Trender standing in the hallway.

Flash approached Twilight's locker, noticing the intricate spray-painting on it. He ran his fingers over the surface, feeling the raised texture of the paint. "Wow, this is amazing, how was your first day here?" he said to Twilight as she approached.

Twilight smiled at him, her eyes shining with pride. "Thanks, I've been practicing a lot."

"You should really join the art class. I could sign you up. What do you think?" Flash suggested, eager to see more of Twilight's talent.

Twilight considered the offer for a moment before shaking her head. "Why take all the fun out of it?"

As they spoke, Apple Bloom walked by, trying to avoid drawing attention to herself. But Twilight's gaze lingered on her for a moment, and Apple Bloom quickly scurried away. Twilight followed her and Flash was left standing there, admiring Twilight's artistry, and wondering what else she was capable of creating.

Apple Bloom stared at herself in the mirror, frowning at her plain, straight hair. She ran her fingers through it, trying to make it look better, but it wouldn't cooperate. Suddenly, she jumped when she heard the door open and saw Twilight enter the washroom.

“Hi! It’s Apple Bloom, right? I always loved that name, Apple Bloom…” Twilight said with a smile.

“It’s cool…” Apple Bloom nodded, trying to make her way out.

“STOP! Don’t go!” Twilight said, chuckling to herself with a hopeful expression. “I guess I was kind of hoping I could make a friend… You probably have all the friends you need, though…”

“Hardly…” Apple Bloom hesitated before opening up.

“Really? With your mom being the Fairy Godmother and all, I thought you would be popular.”

Apple Bloom couldn’t keep it in any longer and spilled the beans. “You are pretty! You have great hair!”

“You know what? I have just the thing for that!” Twilight said as she pulled out her spell book.

“Hmmm, aha! Here it is!” Twilight read the spell from the book. “Beware, forswear! Replace the old with brand new hair!” She cast the spell and moved her finger in different directions.

When Apple Bloom looked at the mirror, she was shocked to see that her hair had transformed into beautiful curls, "Wow…!”

“You don’t have to worry about your other features anymore!”

An idea struck Apple Bloom. “Do my nose!”

“Oh, I can’t. I’m not skilled enough for that kind of magic. Your mom's wand could probably do it easily though.”

“She doesn't use the wand anymore. She only believes that the real magic is in books. Not the spell books, regular books with history and stuff.”

Twilight chuckled. “Who would’ve read them?”

“Yeah…”

“You know, she used magic on Fluttershy. That doesn’t make sense… doesn’t she love you?”

“Of course she does. It’s just… you know… tough love. ‘Work on the inside, not on the outside’... that sort of thing.” Apple Bloom made a sad face.

“YES! That face! Yes! And then just look as if your heart is about to break.” Twilight said immediately.

Apple Bloom gave a confused nod. Twilight looked sad. “Oh mother, I can't understand why you can’t make me beautiful too…”

She smiled at her. “You think it’ll work?” Apple Bloom asked, her eyes shining with hope.

“Yeah… I mean, that’s what Flutters did, right? And then your mom did bibbidi-bobbidi-boo on her. And you know, if your mom does decide to… break out the old wand, invite me!”

“If I can convince mom, you’re so there!”

“Yay!”

Apple Bloom smiled and gathered her things. “Thanks, Twilight. See you later!”

“Bye, sweetie!” Twilight called out with a devilish smile as Apple Bloom left the washroom.


Rarity shifted in her seat, trying to get a better view of Trender across the chemistry lab. "Is there any chance he's royalty? Anywhere in the line?" she whispered to Spike.

Spike furrowed his brow. "Uh, yeah. He's Prince Thunderlane junior. Fluttershy's son. He tried to inherit the charm, but he's not 'there' there, if you know what I mean."

Rarity's eyes widened with interest. "Oh, really?" She stole another glance at Trender, who was focused on his experiment. "It's like he's looking at me..." she trailed off dreamily.

Spike rolled his eyes, knowing full well that Rarity was lost in her own thoughts again.

Suddenly, the sound of her name being called out by the teacher, Cranky Doodle, snapped her back to reality.

"Rarity! Perhaps it's just a review for you. So, tell me, what is the average atomic weight of silver?" he asked, looking at her expectantly.

Rarity felt her cheeks turn red as she tried to impress Trender, who was sitting next to her. "Atomic weight? Well, it's not very much, I mean, it's an atom, right, ahah?" she said, trying to sound nonchalant.

Cranky motioned to the board and Rarity forced a weak smile before going up to it and taking her magic mirror with her. As she took the chalk piece from the teacher, she asked, "How do we find the average atomic weight of silver?"

The mirror in her hand immediately showed the answer. "That will be 6.95 times .52 plus 8.95 times .418, which Mr. Cranky would give us 7.9 AMU," she said confidently.

Spike looked confused and muttered to himself, "AMU?"

Cranky held his head in shame and said, "I understand. It was a mistake to underestimate a..."

“Villain?” Rarity interrupted, feeling a rush of confidence from Trender's presence. “Don’t make that mistake again, darling,” she said as she handed Cranky the chalk, smiling sweetly as she walked back to her seat. As she passed by Trender, he handed her a piece of paper. She blushed and accepted it, feeling her heart skip a beat.

She opened the note and read, “Meet me under the bleachers.” Trender and Rarity exchanged a dreamy look, causing Spike to look disappointed.


“Okay Braeburn, are you ready for some sprints?”

Flash pressed a button on his watch and a furry creature appeared from behind the trees, chasing after Braeburn. The man grinned as he watched the other run, pushing himself to the limit.

Braeburn nodded in response, feeling the adrenaline pumping through his veins. He ran as fast as he could, the dog chasing after him. “I need help! A dog is chasing me!” he shouted between breaths.

But Flash didn't seem to hear him. He was too focused on his watch, checking the time and making sure Braeburn covered the required distance. “Good job, you're doing great!” he said, barely paying attention to the other's distress.

Braeburn kept running, even though he had already covered the required distance. He could feel himself faltering, but he would not dare stop, not while the dog was in the vicinity.

“You can stop running now,” Flash said, finally looking up from his watch. But when he turned to face Braeburn, he noticed that the other was gone. “Braeburn, Braeburn!” he called out, trying to find him.

Braeburn had run into the forest, climbing a tree to get away from the dog. He was scared, his heart racing in his chest.

“Braeburn!!!” Flash shouted, his voice echoing through the trees.

“Flash? Flash!” Braeburn shouted back, relieved that he had found him.

“Whoa-Whoa-Whoa!” Flash said, grabbing the dog by its collar.

“Help me! This thing is a killer! He’s gonna chase me down and rip out my throat! This is a vicious rabid pack in a…”

“Hey! Who told you that?” Flash interrupted, confused.

“My mother!” Braeburn explained, looking at Flash with a raised eyebrow.

“Gaia?” Flash asked, recognizing the name.

“Yeah, she’s a bit of a nature expert and stuff."

"But don't worry, this is just Winona. She’s the campus runner,” Flash said, introducing the dog to Braeburn.

Braeburn slowly came down from the tree, eyeing the dog warily. “She doesn’t look like a vicious rabid pack animal…” he muttered, reaching out to pat her head. “Jeez. Good girl, aren't you?”

Flash chuckled, watching as the two became fast friends. “I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island,” he said, trying to make conversation.

“Yeah. Let’s just say that we don't get a lot of belly rubs,” Braeburn joked, feeling more relaxed now that he was with the dog.

“Good boy. I mean you're a good runner. You're fast,” Flash said, complimenting Braeburn.

“Yeah, thank you,” Braeburn replied, feeling a sense of pride swelling in his chest.

“Listen, I'm gonna give you guys some space, Yeah? You guys get to know each other and just come find me when you're done,” Flash said, slowly making his way out of the forest.

“Okay…” Braeburn said, sitting down on a nearby tree root and spending some time with his new friend.


As Trender slowly pulled Rarity behind the bleachers, she felt her heart race with excitement. She couldn't believe that Trender, the most popular guy in school, was actually interested in her.

"Is everybody at home pretty, Rarity?" Trender gave a sly grin.

“I like to think that I’m the fairest of them all…” Rarity replied, blushing at Trender's compliment, “How many people live in your castle?”

Trender's smile grew wider as he replied, "Oh, too many to count."

Rarity took a step closer, feeling emboldened.

"You really nailed that Chemistry problem today," he said nonchalantly, “You’re going to have all the nerds in love with you…”

Rarity chuckled, "I-I’m not concerned! I mean, really, I'm not! But I’m really good at sewing, cooking, cleaning, you know, like your mother, Fluttershy…”

Trender couldn't help but laugh, feeling more at ease with Rarity. She pulled out her mirror from her bag and showed it to him. "You see this? If I ask it something, it tells me!"

Trender took the mirror from her hands and observed it curiously. "Where is my cell phone?" he asked, placing the mirror on his ear.

“It doesn’t work for you, obviously!” Rarity giggled.

Trender shrugged nonchalantly, "No biggie. My dad will just give me another one."

"Prince Thunderlane...?"

"Yes."

"Fluttershy...?"

"Yes."

“Fairy Godmother…? The Fairy’s wand is in some boring Museum. Do they always leave it there?”

As they leaned in for a kiss, Trender suddenly pulled away. "I really like to talk, but I’m just swamped! Unless…" he trailed off.

Rarity's heart sank, fearing that Trender had lost interest in her. "Unless?" she asked, hoping for a second chance.

"If you could knock all my homework out along with yours, then we could get together sometime. Okay?" Trender suggested, a hopeful glint in his eye.

Rarity nodded eagerly, "Okay…"

"Meet you babe…" Trender said, flashing her a smile before he walked away.

Rarity was still lost in her thoughts when someone familiar interrupted her reverie, bringing her back to reality.

Rarity shifted nervously on her feet as she looked up at Spike, who sat on the bleachers above her. He had been watching her and Trender from afar, and now she couldn't shake the feeling that he was following her.

“Are you stalking me?” she asked him, her voice wavering slightly.

Spike's expression softened. “Technically, yes. I do have a fascination with the Fairy Godmother’s wand, which is why I have another reason to go to the Coronation. Perhaps we could sit next to each other and discuss its attributes?”

Rarity's eyes widened. “Are you saying that they use it in the Coronation?”

“Yes, and I was wondering if you would like to join me,” Spike replied, a hopeful look in his eyes.

Rarity paused for a moment, flashed a smile at him and left him there. Spike was left standing alone and he finally heaved a big sigh.


Apple Bloom pranced up and down in Twilight and Rarity's room, her energy overflowing. Her words spilled out in a torrent of frustration, "Mom said ‘Oh, if a boy can’t see the beauty within then he’s not worth it.’ Can you believe it? Which world does she live in?”

Twilight replied nonchalantly, "Equestria..." as she kept herself busy sketching in her book. Rarity held up her newly stitched coat, asking Twilight if she liked it. Twilight replied, "Yeah. It’s cute. It brings out your eyes," without looking up from her book.

Apple Bloom sat on one of the beds, her voice trailing off in sadness as she said, "I’ll never get a boyfriend…”

Twilight interrupted her, “Boyfriends are overrated…”

Rarity quickly added, “How would you know, darling? You never had one…”

The seamstress suddenly remembered, “Oh! I forgot! I have to do Trender’s homework!” and ran to take Trender’s bag and sat in her chair. Twilight shook her head, "And that is exactly what I mean."

Just then, Rainbow Dash, daughter of Meadowbrook, entered the room with her neatly colored rainbow hair. "Hey guys! I love what you’ve done to Apple Bloom’s hair, and I was wondering if you could do mine?”

Twilight looked up from her book and asked, “Why would I do that for you?”

Rainbow replied, “I’ll pay you $5,” holding out the bill.

Rarity got up from her seat excitedly, “Let’s do it! I’m thinking we could lose the bangs, maybe add some layers and highlights…” but Rainbow interrupted her, “I want it cool, like Twilight's!”

Twilight was surprised and asked, “Really?”

Rainbow showed them the bill, and Twilight reluctantly got out of bed. She took her spellbook and flipped through the pages. “Okay…”

The girls smiled at each other before starting the recitation of the spell.

“Beware, forswear! Replace the old with cool hair!” Twilight recited, moving her finger in different directions. When Rainbow touched her hair, her face showed a look of surprise. She quickly moved to the large mirror in the room and saw that her old hair, transformed into longer locks.

“I love it!” Rainbow exclaimed, ripping her skirt a little at the bottom. Apple Bloom stared wide-eyed, amazed at the transformation, “Now I look cool!”

Twilight commented, “Like ice!”

Seeing how cool Rainbow looked, Apple Bloom decided to do the same and ripped her skirt a little. "What did I just do?! Mom’s gonna kill me!” she exclaimed. Rainbow and the others chuckled, enjoying the moment.


Soarin and the coach were sitting on the bleachers all by themselves.

“You know, I could really use a tough guy like you. The team is a bunch of Princes, if you know what I mean.” The coach winked.

“You’re telling me. It’s all ‘after you, old chum.’ ‘Oh pardon me, did I bump into you?’ From where I come from, it’s ‘prepare to die, sucker!’ As my father says ‘the only way to win is to make sure everyone else loses!’” Soarin said, first imitating innocence and then getting up and being in full rough mode.

“Soarin, let me explain what a team is. It's like a family…” the coach started, making Soarin stop.

“You do not want to be at my house for dinner time.”

“Okay, um… you know how a body has a lot of different body parts? The legs, the elbows, the ears? But they all need each other. Well, that’s what a team is… Different players who work together to win. Does that make sense?” the coach looked towards Soarin for a response.

Soarin thought about it for a while and asked the coach with a smile, “Can I be the fist?”

The coach pulled a t-shirt, unfolded it and showed Soarin’s name on it with the number ‘11’.

Soarin's new t-shirt was bright blue with his name emblazoned on the back and the number '11' in bold letters. He strutted confidently into the girls' bedroom and did a quick dab, earning a whistle from Braeburn who was lounging on a nearby chair.

He approached Twilight who was sitting on the bed, “Did your plan work with Apple Bloom? Are you going over to see the wand?”

“Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out?”

“Oh, someone’s in a bad mood…”

“My mom’s counting on me! I can’t let her down!”

“We can do this…” Soarin said, gathering everyone's attention, “...if we stick together.”

“And we won't go back until we do. ‘Cuz we’re rotten….” Twilight said, looking at her gang.

“To the core.”

Rarity sighed and looked down at her outfit. "Oh, I found out that the Fairy Godmother blesses Flash with the wand at Coronation, and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course," she said with a pout.

Suddenly, a knock at the door interrupted their conversation. Twilight's eyes widened and she looked at Rarity. "What?" Rarity asked, confused by Twilight's reaction.

"Hold that thought," Twilight said as she got up and made her way to the door. She opened it to find Flash standing there.

"Hey, Twilight. We didn’t see you guys today. I was just wondering if you need anything or have any questions," Flash said with a smile.

"I don’t think so." Twilight looked back at her friends, who all shook their heads in agreement.

"Alright then, if you need anything, just let me know," Flash said before turning to leave.

"Wait! Is it true that we all get to go to your Coronation?" Twilight asked, stopping Flash in his tracks.

“Yeah, the whole school is going," Flash replied.

"That’s so exciting! Do you think it’s possible for the four of us to stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother so we can soak up all that goodness?" Twilight asked eagerly.

“I wish you could, but up front it’s just me, my folks, and my girlfriend," Flash said apologetically.

“And your girlfriend…” Twilight repeated, her disappointment evident in her voice.

"Yeah, sorry," Flash said with a shrug.

“Okay, thanks, bye!” Twilight said, closing the door quickly and cutting off Flash's voice.

“I think it’s time that Flashy Boo got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell!” Twilight quipped, while Braeburn tossed her spell book to the young witch.


“All right. The book says that we still need one tear and I never cry,” Twilight sighed and rubbed her temples, feeling the pressure of the situation. She glanced at the clock on the wall and saw that they only had a few hours left before the night curfew. She couldn't afford to waste any more time.

Braeburn, standing next to her, suggested, “Let’s just chop up some onions.”

Twilight shook her head. “No! The book says that we need one tear of human sadness. This love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly!”

Soarin crossed his arms and grumbled, “A tear is a tear!”

Rarity, standing on the other side of Twilight, stepped forward and gently explained, “That's not true, darling. Both tears have antibodies and enzymes, but emotional tears have a more, uh, protein-rich taste.”

Rainbow Dash opened the kitchen door and scanned the room. “There you are! I was looking for you! You know, all the girls want you to do their hair.” Twilight's face lit up at the compliment.

“What are you guys making?” Rainbow asked, looking at the batter in the bowl.

Twilight immediately placed a napkin on her book and nervously smiled at her. “Oh, nothing special, just cookies…”

Rainbow took a little batter on her finger and licked it. “What? I’m not gonna double dip!” she protested.

Twilight shrieked inwardly in horror.

“You don’t feel… anything?” Rarity asked curiously.

“Yeah, like we might be missing something…?” Twilight added.

Soarin moved towards Rainbow and said “Hey there…!”

Rainbow just stared at him like he was crazy. Then she looked at Twilight and said “Could use some chips…”

“Chips?” Soarin curiously asked as Rainbow made her way to the fridge. Twilight and Rarity heaved a large sigh.

Rainbow placed the bowl of chocolate chips on the counter. “Wait… did your mom ever make you guys like chocolate chip cookies? Like when you're feeling sad and they're fresh from the oven with a big glass of milk and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and...” Rainbow went on explaining her heartwarming memories.

Twilight and the gang just looked at Rainbow as she spoke. They had never experienced such a motherly love and care before. They listened intently, feeling a sense of warmth and comfort in Rainbow's words.

“We just don't get that from where we come from…” Twilight said, sadly.

“Yeah, I know, I just, you know, I thought, even villains love their kids…” Rainbow said, feeling empathy for Twilight and Rarity.

Rainbow touched Twilight's hand, causing a tear to escape from her eye. Twilight looked at Rainbow cautiously, took the tear from her and immediately added it into the batter. The others watched in awe as Twilight added the tear, wondering what it would do.

“Yeah, well, it's a big bummer. But we have to get these into the oven. Thank you so much for coming by. Have a really great night and we'll see you tomorrow!” Twilight said as she escorted a confused Rainbow Dash to the kitchen door.

“Uh, bye!”

“Okay! Boys, get the cookie sheets! Rarity, turn on the oven!” Twilight said, feeling hopeful that her plan was coming to fruition.


Flash and Sunset walked down the hall towards their lockers, with Sunset glancing over at the group of girls sitting on the bench. They were laughing and chatting, their long hair flowing beautifully. Flash seemed oblivious to their presence, but Sunset couldn't help but feel envious.

As Twilight approached her locker, she couldn't help but notice Sunset's gaze towards the girls. The group noticed Twilight and greeted her warmly, but Twilight's mind was preoccupied with finding her books.

Soarin came up to Twilight, his expression concerned. "Are you feeling kinda weird about this? And it's not so bad here, y’know."

Twilight glared at him. "Are you crazy?! Long live evil!! You're mean! You're trouble! You're bad news! Snap out of it!"

Soarin chuckled and nodded. "Thanks, Twilight. I needed that." With that, he walked away, leaving Twilight to her thoughts.

Sunset stalked up to Flash, her eyes trained on the group of girls with their long, luscious locks. "Do you actually believe in them?" she spat.

Flash glanced at the girls, then back at Sunset. "Believe in who?"

Soarin walked up to the group of girls and flashed them a charming smile. "Well, hello, ladies! The name’s Soarin. Are you all going to the tourney game tonight?”

The girls giggled and nodded enthusiastically.

"Watch me. I’ll score the goals in the tourney game tonight!"

"Twilight and those other kids! She's the one who's been giving everyone these perfect looks. First it was Apple Bloom, now it's them," Sunset said, her fists clenching tightly at her sides.

Flash raised an eyebrow. "What harm can it do?"

"It's villainous magic! It starts with the hair. Then it's the lips, the legs, the clothes... and before you know it, everyone will look good, and then where will I be?" Sunset crossed her arms and huffed, her jealousy and worry palpable.

Flash opened his mouth to reply, but Sunset cut him off. "I'll see you at the game after my dress fitting for the Coronation, okay? Bye, Flashy Boo!" With a quick peck on the cheek, she strode away, her head held high but her heart heavy with envy.

“Hey Flashy Boo!” Twilight called out, imitating his girlfriend.

“Hey!” Flash replied, approaching Twilight.

“Uh, I just made a batch of cookies, double chocolate chips, do you want one?” Twilight asked, showing the packet of cookies.

“I have a big game. I don't eat anything before the game. Thank you so much! Next time!”

“No! Yeah… I completely understand. `Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains’...”

“No, that's not it. No no no, I really gotta…”

“No, I get it! You're cautious. That's right. Oh well, more for me I guess…” Twilight took a cookie from the packet and almost took a bite when Flash snatched it from her hand and quickly bit it.

“You know, not too toasty.”

Twilight turned around and saw Rarity and Braeburn waiting for her signal. “How are they?”

“Mm, they're great! They're amazing!” Flash chuckled. “They are, you know, chewy and you know, are those walnuts? I love walnuts! I mean, uh, the double chocolate, uh, chocolate, chips. I’m sorry, um. A warm, soft... They're sweet... Twilight, have you always had those golden flecks in your eyes?”

Twilight quickly snatched the cookie from his hand, realizing that the spell had worked on him. Soarin stepped up behind Flash and asked, "How are you feeling, bro?"

"I feel... I feel... I feel like... like singing your name! Twilight!" Twilight widened her eyes in surprise and covered his mouth with her hand.

Soarin grabbed hold of the packet of cookies and chuckled in surprise.


The cheerleaders were chanting "Ole, Ole!" at the top of their voices as the tournament game was in full swing.

“This is a nailbiter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Shadowbolts, two. The Wondercolts, two. What a game between Equestria's fiercest rivals.”

“Get 'em, Trender!” Soarin encouraged his teammate as he was getting ready to get on the game.

“Thanks, Soarin.” Trender said as he grabbed the tourney stick and got in position.

“The teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the kill zone. The Dragoneers have been laying down a withering hail of fire.”

“You're up.” The coach told, as he turned towards Soarin.

“And now a substitution…”

“Coach, how about my buddy here?” Soarin asked, giving Braeburn a side hug.

“Oh, no. Not so sure about that.” The coach replied with a hesitant smile.

“Coach, he's been practicing!”

“Soarin…” Braeburn started as he tried to slip through Soarin's hug.

“And you said yourself, a team is made up of a bunch of parts...”

“Soarin, I'm not that good.” Braeburn whispered to his friend with a nervous smile.

“Well, he's kind of like my brain.” Soarin laughed as he ruffled his friend's hair.

The coach thought for a little while and then called out to someone on the field. “Come here!”

Then he looked at Braeburn and handed him the tourney stick and said “You heard him. Get out there!”

“Don't worry, bro. I got your back.” Soarin reassures his buddy, walking towards the field.

“How about my front?” Braeburn asks, nervously.

“Pfft. Get out there!”

The cheerleaders and students continued to cheer loudly, while both teams assume their position.

“He's bringing that hothead Soarin in from the Isle of the Wicked and that little guy Braeburn can barely hold a shield. When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the tipoff is ready.”

The whistle was blown, signaling the game resumption.

“Here we go. Long pass goes to Soarin. Soarin dishes off to Prince Flash.”

The action heats up quickly, with players fiercely tackling and blocking each other.

The opponent tried to score but Braeburn successfully blocked him.

“Nice little block by Braeburn. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face. And now Braeburn gets the ball back. Here comes Soarin! Soarin, hurdling maneuver at midfield.”

Soarin approached the kill zone, fighting against the opponent's team and easily tackling the balls being shot by the Dragoneer.

“Soarin makes a nice pass to Prince Flash through the kill zone.”

Soarin tackled the balls being shot by the opponent's team and successfully passed the ball to Prince Flash. However, he forgot to check for opponents.

Flash yelled “Soarin!” but Trender successfully blocked the attack.

“Big block by Trender! Prince Flash moves over wide, gives it back to Soarin. He's in the clear! Shot! Oh, what a save by Feather, the Shadows' goalkeeper!”

Soarin shot the ball towards the net, but their goalkeeper blocked the goal.

“Come on! Alright, alright, let's do it!” Flash, Trender, Soarin and the other members huddled together for some last minute encouragement.

“Come on, guys! Come on, hustle, hustle!” The coach urged them on from the sidelines, his voice filled with urgency and determination.

“23 seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Soarin. Soarin, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Soarin. Big block from Trender. Soarin dishes off to Prince Flash. And then Braeburn, with a big block, goes down. Soarin through the kill zone, picks up Braeburn. Oh, he's being hammered by Dragon Fire. Still, going on. Soarin, hurdling maneuver at midfield. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Soarin.”

Soarin navigated through the kill zone, using the shield in Braeburn's off-hand to protect them both from the projectiles hurling towards them.

After they made it through the zone, Braeburn ran in front of the opponent's net, turned to his friend and called out “Hey, Soarin!”

“Braeburn?”

“Go up!”

Soarin nodded as he hit the ball at Braeburn's shield, which bounced upwards.

“Flash!” Soarin called out to him as they both used this opportunity to shoot the ball into the net, while the opponent's goalkeeper failed to block their shot in time.

“He passes to Prince Flash. He scores! Prince Flash has won it! What an unselfish play by Soarin! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Soarin and Braeburn, who set up the Prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever. Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn…”

The team celebrated their victory, with cheers and applause filling the stadium. Twilight covered her ears, overwhelmed by the noise and excitement. Flash snatched the mic from the commentator before he could finish his sentence.

“Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?” Prince Flash stepped forward, his voice ringing out clearly above the din of the crowd. “I have something to say. Let's spell it out! Give me a ‘T’!”

“‘T’!” they all said in unison.

“Give me a ‘W’!”

“‘W’!”

“Give me an ‘I’!”

“‘I’!”

“What does that spell?”

“Twi!”

“Come on, louder!”

“Twi!”

“I love you, Twi! Did I mention that?”

Sunset watched in surprise as Flash began to lead the crowd in a cheer, and she couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy as she watched the scene unfold.

“Give me a beat! Whoo!”

“Uno, dos, tres, quatro!” Spike started a beat and an uptempo music began playing.

“Oh, my God! Cookie!!!” Rarity squealed towards Twilight.

“What was in that cookie?” Twilight asked, getting uncomfortable.

Did I mention
that I'm in love with you?

And did I mention
there's nothing I can do?

As the music played, Flash started to move his body to the beat, wobbling his legs and swaying his hips. He slowly made his way towards Twilight, who was standing in the crowd, watching him in disbelief.

And did I happen to say I dream of you every day

Well, let me shout it out loud

If that's okay, hey, hey

Hey!

As the music reached its climax, everyone in the crowd began to chant and cheer, shouting "Hey!" in unison. The sound was deafening, causing Twilight to cover her ears in an attempt to protect them.

If that's okay

Hey!

I met this girl that rocked my world
like it's never been rocked

Now I'm living just for her
and I won't ever stop

I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me

But now look at what you’ve done,
you got me down on my knees.

As the music continued to play, Flash began to dance in a strange and erratic manner. His teammates soon joined in, each one adding their own unique style to the dance. They swayed and gyrated to the beat, moving in unison and yet each with their own individual flair. The team collapsed to their knees in unison.

Because my love for you is ridiculous!

Flash's teammates rushed to his side, grabbing him by the arms and hoisting him up to his feet. He swayed for a moment, then steadied himself with a grin.

I never knew.
Who knew?

That it could be like this.

My love for you is ridiculous

R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

Flash and his teammates make the letters of the word "ridiculous" with their hands. Twilight can't help but laugh, despite feeling a little embarrassed by the attention.

It's... ridiculous

Just... ridiculous

And I would give my kingdom for just one kiss

The girls in the crowd cheered and clapped as they watched the boys' ridiculous dance.

Well, did I mention
I'm in love with you?

And did I mention
there's nothing I can do?

Twilight tried to maintain a polite smile, but her eyes darted around nervously, avoiding direct eye contact with Flash. She shifted her weight from foot to foot, a clear sign of her discomfort.

And did I happen to say I dream of you every day

As the music continued to play, Flash and his teammates pointed at Twilight.

Well, let me shout it out loud
if that's okay

Yeah, if that's okay

Hey!

I gotta know which way to go,
come on, give me a sign

You gotta show me that you're only ever gonna be mine

Don't wanna go another minute livin' without you

‘Cause if your heart just isn't in it,
I don't know what I'd do

Flash's body was propelled forward in a graceful arc as his teammates lifted him up and tossed him into the air. He seemed weightless for a moment before coming back down to the ground in a smooth landing. Twilight couldn't help but gasp at the sight of the athletic feat, even though she was still feeling uncomfortable with all the attention.

Because my love for you is ridiculous!

I never knew.
Who knew?

That it could be like this

My love for you is ridiculous!

My love is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S
R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

It's... ridiculous
Just... ridiculous

And I would give my kingdom for just one kiss

Come on, now! Ho!

As the trumpets blared, the crowd grew even louder, cheering on the energetic dance moves of Flash and his teammates. The stadium was filled with an electric energy, as everyone celebrated the victory of the team. Twilight couldn't help but feel a bit overwhelmed by the excitement and noise around her. She looked around at the sea of faces, all caught up in the moment, and couldn't help but feel a sense of awe and wonder.

Oh, yeah ho!
Yow!
All right

Flash rips off his t-shirt and tosses it towards Twilight, who catches it with practiced ease. All eyes turn towards her, and she can feel the weight of their gaze on her. She blushes and clutches the shirt tightly, unsure of what to do with it.

Hey!
Alright
Hey!

Because my love for you is ridiculous

As Twilight slowly spread the t-shirt open, she couldn't help but feel a sense of embarrassment and vulnerability wash over her. She was aware that all eyes were on her, and she tried to maintain a sense of composure as Flash continued to sing on the horse, but she couldn't help feeling uncomfortable with the attention.

I never knew.
Who knew?

That it could be like this

My love for you is ridiculous!

As Flash gets off the horse, his teammates lift him up.

My love is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

Flash is pushed towards the bleachers and carried towards Twilight by the crowd.

R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

It's... ridiculous
Just... ridiculous

And I would give my
kingdom for just one kiss

Come on, now!

The trumpets blared triumphantly as Flash pulled Twilight into a tight embrace, the crowd erupting in cheers around them. Twilight could feel Flash's heart beating against her chest as they basked in the moment, their bodies swaying slightly to the music.

"I love you, Twilight! Did I mention that?" Flash said, still speaking into the microphone when Sunset approached him and yanked it away from Flash, interrupting the moment.

"Trender is my boyfriend now! And I'm going to the Coronation with him. So, I don't need your pity date," Sunset announced as she kissed Trender. Twilight could feel the tension in the air as the brand new couple kissed, the crowd murmuring in surprise and disappointment.

Flash snatched the microphone back, his voice hopeful and uncertain, "Twilight, will you go to the Coronation with me?"

Twilight hesitated for a moment, weighing her options, before finally sighing, "Yes."

"She said yes!" The crowd erupted in cheers once again as Flash and Twilight shared a tender moment.

Soarin approached them to whisk Flash away to celebrate with the rest of the team, "Let's go, Flash. The whole team's waiting for you."

"Yeah, bye," Flash said as he followed Soarin.

Twilight couldn't help but feel a little guilty as she watched them go, wondering if she had made the right choice.

“What a victory. What a day for the Wondercolts, finally winning back the trophy after so many years.”

“I feel really sorry for Sunset.” Twilight turned to Rarity.

“You do?”

“Yeah. I feel like if she were talented like you and she knew how to sew and knew beauty tips, that she wouldn't need a prince to make her feel better about herself.”

Rarity let out a smile. “Hah, I guess I am kind of talented.”

“You are definitely gifted.”

“Thanks, Twi.”

Soarin shouted, “Yeah, yeah!”

“And there he is. Soarin, the most valuable player. How do you like that?”

Soarin is carried by his teammates and held the trophy. He showed the trophy to Twilight and Rarity from the ground who couldn't help but feel a surge of pride as they watched them celebrate. Soarin high-fived some teammates while everyone cheered for the winners of the day.

Author's Note:

Woo! Never thought I would add an extra 3000 words to one chapter! (Just thought 3000 words per chapter, guess I was wrong! :twilightsheepish:) It really is a long chapter! While I would love to update my chapter, please note that until 15th of November I won’t be able to start a new chapter. I’m terribly sorry for this but I hope I can deliver a new chapter to y’all ASAP! :fluttershysad::pinkiesad2:

Crystal Out! xxxx