• Published 28th Aug 2018
  • 2,079 Views, 39 Comments

Descendants: The Isle of the Wicked - Crystal Aura



When the descendants of the major villains are called to live in a better place, it is up to them to make a choice: to follow in their parents' footsteps or to choose the path of heroes.

  • ...
7
 39
 2,079

Be Our Guest

It's Family Day at Canterlot High, and everyone, young and old, has gathered in the garden to celebrate. The sun shone brightly on the garden, casting a warm glow on the scene. The students, dressed in their best attire, stood in perfect formation near the arch, with their arms adorned with neatly folded serviettes. Their voices rose and fell in perfect harmony as they sang a beautiful song, adding to the cheerful atmosphere.

As Flash entered the garden through the arch, all eyes turned to him. He carried a serviette, draped elegantly over his arm, and his charming smile lit up the whole place. The warmth in his greeting was palpable as he addressed the guests, his voice rich and melodious, “Ma chere, mademoiselle. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents, your dinner!”

Flash's father and mother, standing nearby, began dancing to the music alongside others, their bodies swaying in perfect harmony. Flash nodded at them, a smile playing on his lips, before turning to the other guests and bowing in greeting.

The students joined in as well, moving together in a perfectly choreographed dance, their voices soaring in the air.

Be our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test

As the music swelled, Flash waved and smiled at his guests.

Tie your napkin 'round your neck cherie

As Flash turned around, his eyes sweep over the garden, taking in the joyous sight of his schoolmates dancing and singing. However, as he glanced at them, he noticed that they suddenly freeze in place, their movements coming to an abrupt halt. Only Spike continued to dance, oblivious to the sudden change in the atmosphere. Flash furrowed his brow and laughed before facing the guests again.

And we'll provide the rest
Soup du jour, hot d'oeuvres
Why, we only live to serve

Flash turned towards the nearby girl standing and took the serviette from his arm. With a quick motion, he threw it towards her. The girl's eyes widened as she reached out to catch it, and a broad smile spread across her face as she felt the fabric in her hands.

Try the gray stuff, It's delicious
Don't believe me? Ask the dishes!

As the music continued to play, the students began to break formation and move towards the center of the garden where the other guests are gathered. They started dancing, adding their own moves to the mix. Flash, too, joined in with the crowd, moving and grooving to the beat of the music. The garden was filled with laughter, music, and the joy of togetherness on the special day.

They can sing sing sing, they can dance dance dance
After all Miss, this is France
And a dinner here, is never never second best

The music picks up, and Flash starts to move his feet in time with the rhythm. The other boys notice and soon gather around him, their bodies swaying and feet tapping as they join in on the dance. Together, they move in unison, their energy and excitement filling the air. The girls smile and cheer them on as they show off their best moves, the sound of their laughter mingling with the music. The moment is electric, and everyone is swept up in the joy and celebration of the day.

C'mon!
Go on, unfold your menu

The music reached its peak and the energy was contagious. The students started to move in unison, swaying to the beat with their serviettes held high in the air. Suddenly, everyone threw their serviettes towards the guests, creating a flurry of white paper in the air.

The boys at the front joined Flash and started to dance, each trying to outdo the other with their moves. The girls at the back joined in too, swaying their hips and singing along to the music.

The atmosphere was electric as everyone lost themselves in the music and the moment.

Go on, take a glance and then you'll
Be our guest be our guest
Be our guest
C'mon!
Yeah! Be our guest guest, yeah yeah

As the boys danced, they carried themselves with grace and chivalry, one hand behind their back while the other rested upon their chest. They bowed towards the guests present, their movements fluid and elegant.

The Fairy Godmother joined in on the dance, playfully pushing Apple Bloom to join the festivities. But Apple Bloom remained sullen and unmoved, her arms crossed and her expression pensive.

From the balcony of the nearby building, the gang of four looked out towards the garden, watching as the celebration continues. They exchanged glances, silently acknowledging the start of yet another day in this magical land.

I do tricks, with my fellow candlesticks
And it's all in perfect taste that you can bet
Come on and lift your glass
You've won your own free pass, to be our guest

The students moved rhythmically to the music, their bodies swaying and their arms raised high in the air. They were all smiles, enjoying the celebration of Family Day at Canterlot High.

However, amidst the dancing crowd, a group of villain kids were making their way towards the garden. They walked with purpose, their faces curious around the festivities, while the other guests continued to dance around them. Despite the festive atmosphere, there was an air of uncertain tension surrounding the group.

If you're stressed, it's fine dining we suggest
Be our guest, be our guest, be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest!

As Twilight and Rarity walked past a beautifully decorated table of food, Twilight reached for a plump strawberry and popped it into her mouth. Rarity paused to take in the stunning display of delicacies and appreciatively commented on the exquisite decorations. The pair then turned their attention to the dance happening before them.

As the dance came to an end, Flash approached a girl sitting in a wheelchair and took her hand, bowing down to place a gentle kiss upon it. The crowd erupted into applause, and Twilight and Rarity watched in awe at the graceful and kind gesture.

Rarity took Winona in her arms, her delicate fingers carefully petting the dog's fur while Braeburn indulged himself in the food section without worrying about his pet. He picked up a juicy strawberry, dipped it in the chocolate fountain, and savored the sweet taste.

Soarin joined him, laughing and joking around while dipping fruits in the fountain. Flash, on the other hand, made his way to his parents' table, where Celestia welcomed him with a warm hug.

“That was so lovely!” Celestia exclaimed.

The royal family, with Discord on Flash’s left and Celestia on his right, stood in front of the arch, while a photographer waited to take their photograph.

“Are you ready?” the photographer asked.

While the photographer tried to capture the perfect shot, Flash turned to his father, a glint of excitement in his eyes, “Oh, by the way, I have a new girlfriend.”

“Oh!” Celestia and Discord both looked surprised and intrigued.

“Well, I never wanted to say anything, but I always thought that Sunset was a little self-absorbed. She had a fake smile and was kind of a kiss-up,” Celestia remarked, speaking through her teeth as the photographer continued to shift his position, searching for the ideal angle.

“Do… Do we know your new girlfriend?” Discord asked.

“On the count of three,” the photographer informed. “One, two…”

“Well, sort of…” Ignoring the photographer, Flash called out to Twilight, who was with Rarity and eating a strawberry. “Twilight!”

Twilight waved at him and told Rarity, “I gotta go, okay?” before leaving.

“Have fun!” Rarity whispered just before Twilight left.

“Huh?” Celestia was caught off guard and made a surprised expression just as the flash went off.

“Three!” The photographer looked confusedly towards his camera and at the Queen before slowly walking away.

As Flash approached Twilight, he wore a wide smile that gradually grew bigger as he drew closer to her. “Twilight? Twilight…” he called out, his voice carrying a note of excitement.

Celestia glanced towards her husband, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion. She watched as Flash continued, “I wanna introduce you to my parents.”

Twilight’s face lit up with a smile as she hugged Flash, and as she turned towards his parents, his mother gasped, her eyes widening in surprise. Holding Flash’s hand in one hand and his arm in the other, Twilight stood a bit nervously, seeming a little intimidated.

“This is Twilight. From the island,” Flash introduced. “My girlfriend.”

Celestia managed to utter a small greeting, “Mm… Hi!” Her husband, Discord, waved at Twilight, eliciting a small smile from the latter.

“I was thinking maybe she can join us for lunch,” Flash proposed.

“Of… course. Any-any friend of Flash’s…” Discord stammered before Twilight interrupted, “Um, I actually came with my friends.”

“Well, you should invite them!” Celestia exclaimed, her voice lightening up a bit.

Twilight’s friends from the Isle waved back, and Soarin’s and Braeburn’s faces were smeared with chocolate.

“... Because the more the merrier!” Celestia added with a slightly awkward laugh.

“Yeah, I’ll go grab them,” Twilight said, turning towards her friends.

“Uh, how about a game of croquet before lunch?” Discord suggested.

Twilight looked at Flash, seeking his opinion, before saying, “Of course!”

“Game on!” Flash said, approaching his dad for a fist bump and letting out a small laugh.

Turning to Twilight, Flash asked, "Have you ever played before?"

"No…" Twilight replied, her tone unsure.

Celestia suddenly felt a wave of dizziness, causing her to stumble a bit. Discord caught her and held her hand tightly, looking a bit awkward as he smiled at the young couple.


Braeburn threw a frisbee as Winona darted after it, barking happily. She caught the frisbee mid-air, wagging her tail in excitement, and ran back to Braeburn with the toy in her mouth. He threw it again, and Winona chased after it once more.

Meanwhile, Flash stood behind Soarin, showing him how to hold the croquet mallet properly. Soarin tried swinging the mallet, but he missed the ball. Flash chuckled and said, "It's okay, you'll get the hang of it." He demonstrated how to hit the ball, and Soarin watched closely before attempting again.

The sounds of laughter and playful barks filled the air as the group enjoyed their outdoor activities. The sun shone down on them, casting a warm glow on their faces. Celestia and Discord stood nearby, sipping on glasses of lemonade and watching their children and their friends have fun. Twilight stood, balancing herself on the croquet mallet as she looked at the serenity.

A woman, considerably older than Twilight, approached her and greeted her with a cheerful "Hello there." Twilight responded with a simple "Hi," not quite sure what to make of this new encounter.

The woman looked at her curiously and asked, "Now, have we met?"

Twilight thought for a moment, swaying slightly from side to side, before shrugging her shoulders and saying, "No, I don't think so. I'm new. I'm sort of like a... transfer student."

"Oh, yes," The woman nodded in understanding, but before she could say anything else, Sunset appeared beside them and exclaimed, "Granny!"

“Oh, Sunset! Give granny a kiss, dear.” The woman's face lit up as she greeted Sunset warmly, giving her granddaughter a faire la bise.

Twilight watched the exchange with a mix of confusion and curiosity.

"Granny?" she asked, looking at Sunset for an explanation.

“Sleeping Beauty’s mother?” Sunset said, raising an eyebrow at Twilight.

Twilight nodded in response, grasping the situation.

"Granny, I don't think you want to be talking to this girl," Sunset said, eyeing Twilight up and down. "Unless you feel like taking another hundred-year nap."

Sunset’s grandmother looked at Twilight cluelessly. “What?”

Twilight tried to maintain a neutral composure and smiled weakly, but before she could say anything, the woman cried out, "You?!"

Everyone turned to look at them, including the Fairy Godmother, who had been watching the scene unfold from a distance.

“How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?” the woman asked, backing up slowly.

“Queen Sable, it’s okay. Nightmare Moon is still on the island,” Flash reassured as he came up behind his girlfriend and hugged her slightly. “This is her daughter, Twilight Sparkle.”

Sable Spirit didn’t seem convinced, so Flash continued, “Don’t you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?”

Sable retorted, her voice rising in anger, "Flash, a chance to what? Destroy us?" Both Flash and Twilight were left speechless by the former queen's accusations. Sable gripped Sunset's hand tightly and turned to the Pear Butter, continuing, "Come on. You remember, don't you? The poison apples. And the spells..."

Pear Butter, sensing the tension, stepped forward and gently took Sable's other hand, trying to calm her down. Discord and Celestia looked down guiltily, while Flash and Pear exchanged concerned glances.

Sable turned away from Twilight and said, her voice shaking with emotion, "I missed it all. My daughter was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So, her first words, her first steps, I missed it all! You mustn't trust her."

Twilight took a hesitant step towards Sable, her expression apologetic. But before she could speak, Trender barged in, his voice cutting through the air like a knife.

"Go away! Stay away from her!" he shouted at Twilight, his face twisted in anger.

Flash stepped forward, his tone pleading. "Don't do this, Trender."

Trender scoffed, turning to face Flash. "What? They were raised by villains. What do you think they were taught? Kindness? Fair-play? No way, uh-uh," he spat out before turning his attention back to Twilight.

"You stole another girl's boyfriend," Trender accused, pointing a finger at her.

Flash interjected, his voice rising. "Hey, hey!"

Trender's attention then turned to Soarin, his eyes narrowed. "Oh, you enjoy hurting people. And you," he pointed at Rarity, his voice rising in anger, "You're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater."

Rarity took out her mirror from her purse, yelling out loud for everyone to hear as she gazed into it. "Mirror, mirror, in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land?"

The mirror showed Trender's reflection, and he smacked her hand away, clearly agitated. "What? Come on!"

Soarin stepped forward, grabbing Trender's shirt collar. "Back off, Trender! Alright?!"

The other students rushed in, trying to separate the two boys, while Rarity pulled out the perfume bottle Twilight had given her and sprayed it on Trender. He stumbled back, his eyes rolling up in his head as he collapsed to the ground.

Sunset called out in concern, "Trender? Trender! Rarity did something to Trender!"

The other students checked if Trender was alright, while Flash finally managed to separate Soarin from him. The villain kids didn't stop to spare anyone of them a second glance, save for Soarin, and ran away from the grounds. Trender slowly regained consciousness as Rainbow urged him to wake up.

As the chaos died down, Flash turned towards his parents, feeling guilty. Discord wiped his glasses with a handkerchief as he spoke. "I feared something like this would happen."

"This isn't their fault!" Flash defended.

"No, son," Discord said, looking at Flash. "It's yours." He offered his hand to his wife, who took it, looking sympathetic towards their son.

"Mom…" Flash trailed off, feeling dejected as Celestia left the grounds, leaving him alone.

Sunset approached him, scoffing as she left with her new boyfriend. Trender, confused and disoriented, rambled on about a dream, while everyone else slowly left the scene, leaving Flash feeling isolated and alone.


Flash approached the group of villain kids as the sun began to set, his steps hesitant. Everyone else was busy chatting, except the group of four. He cleared his throat to get their attention.

"Hey, guys," he said, his voice soft. "How are you doing?"

The group remained silent, their eyes trained on the ground. Flash sighed and reached out to place a hand on Soarin's shoulder.

"Listen, forget about it, alright?" he said, his voice tinged with desperation. "It was nothing. Let it go. Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay."

He moved behind Twilight, placing his hands gently on her shoulders. Rarity watched him warily, her expression unreadable.

"I have to go," he whispered to Twilight, his eyes pleading. She looked up at him, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. "I'll see you guys later." He managed to smile at them before turning and walking away, his shoulders slumped with defeat.

Spike walked towards Rarity's table, his expression indicating that he was feeling uneasy. He cleared his throat and said, "Rarity, can we talk about what happened earlier today? I just..."

Before he could finish his sentence, Trender called out his name from the next table over.

"Spike," Trender said, waving his hand to get Spike's attention.

Rarity looked at Trender and then turned back to Spike, whispering, "It's my fault, Spike. I'm sorry."

Spike tried to protest, but Trender interrupted him again, calling his name more insistently this time.

"Spike!"

Looking resigned, Spike said to Rarity, "I'm sorry, I can't," before turning to join Trender's table, where Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer were sitting.

Sunset and Apple Bloom approached the villain’s table with smirks on their faces. As they neared the table, they exchanged a wicked laugh.

"How long does she think that’s gonna last?" Sunset asked with a sly grin.

Apple Bloom joined in, "Yeah! I mean, he’s never going to make a villain a queen!"

The two of them laughed heartily and joined Trender’s table once again. Twilight took her spell book and flipped through its pages. As she found the page she was looking for, she whispered, “Beware, forswear, undo Bloom’s hair.”

Apple Bloom's hair suddenly reverted back to how it was before Twilight's spell. The entire table erupted into laughter, mocking Apple Bloom

Trender made a disgusted face as he noticed Apple Bloom, while Rainbow Dash quickly touched her hair to see if she had been affected too.

“There’s a lot more where that came from,” Twilight said in a serious tone.

Sunset was quick to confront her, stepping forward and asking, “Excuse me, who do you think you are?”

Twilight didn't back down, responding with a serious tone, “Do I look like I’m kidding?”

Sunset's smile was wiped from her face as Twilight lifted up her book and flipped through the pages. The tension was palpable as the other students started to run away in fright.

Twilight took a deep breath and turned to Rarity. “I’m really looking forward to tomorrow,” she said with determination, slamming her book shut. “Let’s grab that wand and blow this popsicle stand.”

Author's Note:

Hey guys!

I'm back after a long hiatus... of 3+ years :twilightoops: I apologize for this. I finally got some breather from my real life and I'm ready to continue the story. As always, I hope you will all support me as you have from the beginning!

---Crystal Aura