• Published 1st Dec 2018
  • 732 Views, 83 Comments

Not Another Speedwriting Fic - Admiral Biscuit



A collection of speedwriting fics from Trotcon, EFNW's Iron Writer competition, and various other places, submitted here for posterity.

  • ...
6
 83
 732

PVCF Prompt Fic—Starlight's Magic Box

Starlight's Magic Box

Starlight Glimmer regarded the cardboard box with the same scrutiny a scientist might regard a new species of bug. Or rock—Maud often had a similar mien.

This wasn't a rock or a bug; it was just a box. Six smooth walls of cardboard, arrows indicating which end should be up. An address scrawled across the top in hasty yet precise mouthwriting: Pinkie Pie had sent this to the Crystal Castle.

Anything could be inside. She knew the pink party pony's predilections—when she opened the flap, confetti might burst forth . . . or Pinkie Herself. It was unpredictable. Almost magical.

A magical box, even if not imbued with any actual magic. But then, weren't all boxes magical? Couldn't all boxes contain anything at all? Well, if it would fit in the three dimensions of the box.

Starlight slit the tape and lifted the flaps with her magic. She flinched back, instinctively waiting for the confetti. Inside the box was a three-layer cake: no more, no less.

We were given twenty minutes to write a one-page only story involving three words/themes: box, the number three, and Starlight Glimmer. It had to be handwritten.

Since this one's short, I figured I'd post the photo I took of the page I handed in. Yes, my handwriting's terrible; this is the version I re-wrote to be legible.