• Published 30th Jun 2018
  • 685 Views, 11 Comments

The Manual of Heroes - Kaliann25



Time has passed in Equestria, and the role of protecting the kingdom is now in the hooves of a new generation. Princess Flurry Heart, and her cousin, Prince Bright Spark are now the defenders of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 11
 685

Twelfth Principle:

Twelfth Principle:
A hero should never let his/her name to be defamed

Storm Kingdom:

A small fleet of twelve zeppelins were fleeing above the frontiers of that dark Kingdom. The one in the center, was considerably bigger than the remaining eleven that were obviously protecting it.
The passenger of the big zeppelin was no other than Ghostly Gust, daughter of the Storm King. A powerful sorceress who dedicated all life to research, developing all kind of new spells to make his father’s armada even stronger. But, during the last years, she had been working on the way to bring her father back.

And, of course she was successful. Along with her son Tornado, she brought the Storm King back to life, and, together, they were ready to take over Equestria…
But then, the Storm Family was stopped by Prince Spark and Lady Belle. Forced to witness how, by simply pressing a button, the two of them reduced their entire capital into ashes. Of course the two ponies made sure the city was empty first, but the Storm Family didn’t know that at first. And they thought their citizens were exterminated.
Not to mention the indescribable horrors they suffered at the hooves of Luminositè.

Now they lived in fear of the ponies, like all the other villains. Well, not all ponies. Two ponies. But, besides that, everything was going fine for the Storm Family.

“My Lady, we’re about to land.” said the First Officer.

“Perfect.” said Ghostly Gust. “I cannot wait to show Tornado and my father what I’ve just perfected.”

The fleet entered in landing formation, and started to descend.
It was when Ghostly Gust shivered. She had a bad feeling.

“Something is wrong.” she mumbled.

They landed, and, the first thing they noticed was that neither her father nor son came to receive her. Also, servants or soldiers were nowhere to be seen. This seemed bad.

Ghostly Gust turned to one of her soldiers. “What are you waiting for? GO SEE WHAT’S GOING ON!!”

Six of the soldiers rushed inside the castle.
Ghostly Gust stood there, watching the door, when her head bodyguard came back, pale.

“My Lady, please, do not enter. You don’t have to see this.”

Ghostly Gust pushed her bodyguard away, when rushed to the throne room.
And, just as the guards feared, she fell on her knees, and began to cry in desperation. At one side, the remaining half of his father. At the other side, his son’s head over a pile that used to be his body.

“I’m sorry My Lady, there’s nothing we can do about this.”

Gust screamed in pain, crying.
Her soldiers exchanged a worried look.

“There’s more, right?” asked Gust.

The head bodyguard gulped, and slowly handed her a scroll. “Yes, we found this over your son’s body. It only needs your signature.

DECLARATION OF TOTAL SURRENDER AND VASSALAGE TO THE KINGDOM OF EQUESTRIA

Gust took it, and began to cry desperately.

Oasis, in the middle of the Saddle Arabian Desert:

A young mare was resting on a palm tree as she looked at the horizon. No, she wasn’t lost. She was just calculating her next move. Then, she turned.
She heard somepony approaching, so, she turned.

“Hi fellow traveler! Are you lost, or something?” she asked politely.

But she muttered in horror when she recognized Prince Spark. “You?”

Bright raised a hoof, and sent an electric current to the stranger. She cried in pain, turning into Chrysalis. She stood slowly, glaring at the pony.

“Hey, I haven’t done anything!”

Bright grabbed her by the horn, began to smash Chrysalis’ head against the palm tree, until it cut in half.

“Who are you, really?” asked Chrysalis.

“Is none of your business.” said a cold and mechanical voice that resembled Bright’s but it wasn’t. “All what matters is to send a message.”

The impostor then dropped two metallic spheres near Chrysalis. She created a force field, ready for the explosion. But instead, the two spheres released a high-frequency sound that hurt her. It hurt to the point that her ears and eyes began to bleed. But her screams were silenced by the powerful sound waves that the Fake Bright’s weapon generated.
Finally, the impostor aimed his laser to Chrysalis, and cut her horn as the sound waves stopped.

Dizzy, and in pain, Chrysalis looked at her attacker, and watched at him as her conscious faded away.

The impostor tilted his head. “Maybe I overdid. Well, she’s almost as weak as the equestrian Princesses. Whatever.”

He switched his laser to a couple of Taser guns, and released an electric current through her body, at full power. Chrysalis woke up for the last time, but immediately, her heart stopped, not giving her time to scream.

Changeling Hive, two hours later:

Thorax was in a very good mood, humming happily, as everybody in the hive cooperated to the Mutual Love Production. Suddenly, he felt a change of mood in the surroundings. All around him he sensed a mix of fear, sadness, suspicious, and more fear.

“Leader Thorax!” called someone.

“Tell me, what’s going on?” demanded Thorax.

The changeling made a sign to his siblings. Slowly, they brought Chrysalis’ lifeless body before Thorax.

“Mother?!” gasped Thorax, as he fell on his knees, horrified.

She was an evil dictator, and she ruled over the Changelings with an iron hoof for a very long time. But, she was also the mother of the entire hive. And, all she did was what she considered the best for her children to grow strong and powerful.
Her bad decisions, and obsession with ponies ended up being her doom, but, in the end, she was still a beloved mother.

“No!” yelled Thorax. “WHAT HAPPENED?”

“She had this on her mouth.” explained the one who brought her, hoofing a scroll to Thorax.

DECLARATION OF TOTAL SURRENDER AND VASSALAGE TO THE KINGDOM OF EQUESTRIA

“What? But why?” asked Thorax. “This makes absolutely no sense! Why would they do this?”

None of the changelings asked who he was referring to.

“No, I refuse to believe this.” finally said Thorax. “Are you sure it was them?”

“Sorry, Thorax. We examined her body, and, the only thing that can make that kind of wounds are their weapons. Look at this cut on her horn, is perfectly clean and sharp. No knife can do this, only their lasers. Also, she looks like she was hit by a lightning. Or…”

“…an electricity-based weapon.” finished Thorax. “But, no! Nor Celestia or Twilight would want this. Why on earth those two decided to kill out of sudden? They always claim that that’s the line they would never cross. Then, why?”

General Pharynx walked in, looked as scared as Thorax. But he remained firmer. “Oh, come on! Don’t you see, idiot? They finally lost their minds. Accidentally killing Grogar was the last step on their descent into madness.”

They all exchanged a look.
Pharynx’s theory was horrendous… and way too plausible.
Most of the ponies, and practically all species, preferred to maintain discance from Bright and Luminositè. Especially changelings, who were especially sensitive to emotions… and they could feel their internal struggle against the madness.

“Shall we fight?” suggested someone.

“If you want to be fried to death, go ahead. But alone, do not drag us with you.” declared Pharynx.

“But, if we sign, there’s no guarantee that would stop them!” said the same changeling than before.

“I know.” said Thorax, signing. “But, if this is our only chance of survival, I’ll take it.”

Diamond Dogs Territory:

Crunch, the Rockdog, Lord of the Diamond Dogs, was resting at his undergournd home, eating big chunks of limestone and quartz. His subjects surrounded him, each one munching on a different kind of gemstone, when a hole appeared, letting a gust of air, and the cold light of the moon to come inside their tunnel.
The Diamond Dogs prepared to fight, when a small, agile figure appeared.

Crunch stood, and bowed deeply. “Miss Belle! You’re here! What can we do for you?”

Luminositè, extended her hoof, and her scarf wrapped as a snake around Crunch. It raised him, and smashed the dog against the floor. Then, it took his stone bed, and broke it over his head over and over, until it turned into dust.

“Wait, what we did to offend you, Miss Belle?” Begged Crunch.

She took a small brick, wrapped in craft paper, from her pocket, and walked to Crunch.

The Stone Dog gasped, recognizing the package, gulping. “That’s C4! No, no, wait… WAIT!”

She wrapped her scarf around Crunch’s neck and began to choke him, forcing to open his mouth. And forced the brick into his mouth.

Crunch chuckled. “Spark is the one who likes big explosives. Belle is an artist. She’s subtle, she’s…

“I don’t care if you know. I came only to deliver a message.”

And she detonated the C4.

Crunch exploded in a thousand pieces. But he wasn’t finished. As long as his heart, the Stone Heart was in one piece, he was alive. And all his pieces could easily reassemble anytime.
The fake Luminositè took the Stone Heart, and aimed her plasma cannon to it. She melted the magic gem out of existence, finishing Crunch’s life with it.

“Who is the second in command?” asked the fake pony.

A very young Diamond Dog raised a paw, and Luminositè gave him the scroll.

DECLARATION OF TOTAL SURRENDER AND VASSALAGE TO THE KINGDOM OF EQUESTRIA

The Diamond Dogs howled the whole night to honor their fallen leader.

Bright’s and Luminositè’s lab:

The two best friends were working each in their own project.
Luminositè was working in her new line of smart boots, that could change its color, design, and heel high with to adapt to any occasion. Also, they automatically repelled dust and humidity.
And Bright was working on his cousin’s request. A new army for the soon-to-be-founded Geek Kingdom of all Comics. Most of the hard work was made by his robots. They assembled the pieces, and welded together. Bright worked on the programming, to make sure no glitch affected his machines.
They were in a really good mood, when they heard Twilight’s voice coming from the transmitter.

“Bright, Lumi, come to the Map Room. Now.” She didn’t sound pleased.

The two of them exchanged a confused look.

“What’s wrong with your mom?” asked Lumi.

Bright shrugged. “Let’s find out.”

They went into the elevator, and appeared upstairs, only to see the five Princesses, along with Rarity. She was crying, and it seemed like she was doing it from a while. Also, a bunch of soldiers, and a ponies dressed in white were waiting for them.
Bright frowned, this didn’t seem well.

“Okay, what the hay?” asked Bright.

“That’s what I want to know, Bright Spark!” shouted Twilight.

“What on Equestria are you talking about?” asked Bright.

Celestia levitated them the three scrolls.

“Why, Lumi, WHY?” shouted Rarity. “We agreed you’ll talk to me if you feel your ‘needs’ again. WHY? IT WAS BAD ENOUGH KNOWING THAT YOU TORTURED PEOPLE WITH THE EXCUSE TO PROTECT EQUESTRIA!!”

“What?!” asked Luminositè. “Mère… I swear I have no idea of what you’re talking about!”

“What just happened? Did they signed these after Grogar died, or what?” asked Bright Spark.

Celestia glared at them. “No, they signed after you killed the Storm King, his grandson, Chrysalis, and Crunch!”

“What? But we never kill!” protested Luminositè.

“Yes, there haves to be a mistake!” said Bright Spark.

“I don’t want to hear you!” said Twilight. “We allowed you to get to this point! That’s why, we need to take you into custody. Don’t worry, we won’t send you to jail, but to a psychiatric hospital. What we should do a long time ago, when we learned about your true nature.”

The ponies in white and the royal guards moved forward, surrounding the two teenagers.

Bright sighed, and raised a hoof. “Sorry, but I will not spend a minute of my precious time in a padded cell. But, if you insist, please talk to my bodyguards.”

At his sign, a dozen of his robots emerged, aiming their claws to both guards and ponies in white. They gulped, and moved backwards, scared of what the four-meters-tall machines.

“Mère! I didn’t do anything! I swear!” cried Lumi.

“Luminositè, I want to believe you, but the evidence is…”·

“That’s fear talking!” said Bright.

“Fear? Yes, fear!” agreed Twilight, in tears. “Bright, you’ve been acting weird since the incident with Grogar. And, even if that was an accident, is no secret that you two have always been mentally unstable. Please, let these ponies take you in. If you’re telling the truth, then, you’ll be released and we’ll pretend none of this happened. But, please…”

Bright Spark sighed. “Like I said, I have no intention to spend any minute of my time in a padded cell. You can try to force me in, of course, but, you are made of flesh and blood that is weak. My machines are made of steel that is strong. I don’t think I have to tell you how is this going to end.”

Celestia walked, as she charged an attack on her horn.

“If that’s what you want…”

Bright aimed his hoof to his godmother, and activated an especial cannon he designed, especially to fight his family. He shot, not an electric current, not a plasma or an energy beam, but a powerful steel cable. She tried to fight against the powerful hold, but, Bright’s machinery redirected her magic to the battery, that synthetized the magic and turned into electricity, the machine’s energy source.
Then, he shot Twilight.

Lumi activated her cannon too, trapping Cadence and Luna, who have remained silent during the whole exchange between the teenagers, and their mothers.

Only Flurry Heart remained free.

“Fine, refuse all help!” said Celestia. “But, if you do, please accept the consequences.”

“Which consequences?” asked Bright.

“Exile.” said Luna, coldly.

Bright nodded, so as Lumi.

“Fine. Dollies!” shouted Lumi.

The tiny robots brought them two suitcases.

“So, Lumi, where are you going to stay?” asked Bright Spark.

Luminositè Belle shrugged. “I think with Aunt Sweetie. She always listens to me, and she’ll believe me. She won’t mind I stay with her.”

Bright nodded. “As, for me, I’ll go to my grandparents’ place. They’ll be happy to have me for a few days.”

Luna struggled against the steel cables that held her. “Do you two know what exile mean?”

“Yes, it means we are not citizens of Equestria anymore.” said Lumi, coldly.

Twilight glared at her son. “Yes. It also means, you two should leave equestrian territory as soon as possible.”

Bright shrugged. “Is that so? Because, those are equestrian laws. But, as we are not citizens of Equestria anymore, we don’t have to follow your laws, not even listen to you.”

“Well, you can try to kick us out.” said Lumi. “But, let’s face it. You’ll fail miserably.”

They both turned their back to the Princesses, and walked out of the castle. The guards and the ponies in white didn’t dare to move.

“Bright!” called Twilight.

Bright Spark glared at his mother. “The cable will release you in exactly five hours.”

“We’ll find who really did this, but, in the meantime, you better have our désolés ready when we find out.”

And they left.

“What are they going to do now?” asked Cadence.

Twilight sighed. “What they always do. What they want.”

Author's Note:

Okay, this is the new chapter. What do you think?
I haven’t see the MLP movie, but, I think I did a decent job with the Storm King. Also, soon enough we’ll have the first fight between the two geniuses and the mastermind behind this.

Read ya’ later!!