• Published 30th Jun 2018
  • 684 Views, 11 Comments

The Manual of Heroes - Kaliann25



Time has passed in Equestria, and the role of protecting the kingdom is now in the hooves of a new generation. Princess Flurry Heart, and her cousin, Prince Bright Spark are now the defenders of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 11
 684

EPILOGUE TWO

EPILOGUE TWO

Rarity Belle yawned. She had been working the whole night in her new design. It was a hard and tedious work, but in the end it worth it.

She was eighty eight years old, but Rarity was more active than ever. And her name was still relevant in the fashion industry. And that was because Rarity never stopped working. She was always creating new designs, doing her best to make a work of art that would astonish everypony who see it.

Rarity gave her new dress a last look before going upstairs to have a good rest.

And as always, she stopped right before her daughter’s room.

With the pass of years, Rarity had never overcome the loss of her child.
Despite all her psychological issues, Luminositè was an excellent daughter. She may had been the most dangerous pony in the world, but Rarity knew the internal struggle Luminositè went through every day of her life. A daily battle against herself to not to lose control and release her ‘urges’ over other ponies. All because the love for her mère.

And, as usual, Rarity sighed holding back her tears. “The best and the worst thing that could ever happen to you was to meet Bright Spark, isn’t that right, my love?”

With that Rarity went to sleep. It was the same every night.

Rarity’s nights were long and silent.
During the day, Rarity had her work to forget about her sadness. But at night Rarity had no choice but listen to the silence and feel the emptiness of her heart.
Ponies said that Rarity’s dressed reminded them of tears. Because they were. She turned her sadness into beautiful designs, and the ponies who wore it became living monuments to Luminositè.

Loneliness was too much to handle, but Rarity promised to herself to keep going, and live as many experiences as she could for her, and Luminositè. During all those years she traveled around the world, designed, and extended her brand beyond species. She did all the things she always knew Luminositè could do if it wasn’t for her decision.

As she had been doing for the last sixty years, Rarity took a pill to help her sleep, and waited for it to take effect. Pray? Ridiculous. She knew that the gods were real, but she hated them for what they did to Luminositè. They took her daughter away, and Rarity hated them for that.

Rarity closed her eyes, and allowed the darkness to swallow her consciousness.

The alarm clock awoke Rarity.

“Ahuuuum… good morning Equestria.”

She went out of her bed and activated her automated bathtub, created by Luminositè. The tab opened by itself, and as she allowed the bathtub to fill, she went to the kitchen to make some coffee.
Much to her surprise, in the kitchen she found small dollies dressed as her daughter making breakfast.

“No, no, no… I throw you away ages ago! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”

Elegant but firm steps called Rarity’s attention.

“Qui est là? What’s the meaning of this? Who had broken in to my home?”

Rarity shook her head in disbelief. “Luminositè?!”

The young mare’s jaw dropped. “Mère? Is that really you?”

Lumi ran to hug her mother, as she began to cry. “Mère, oh mère! You have no idea how much I’ve missed you! Oh mère, I’m so glad to have you back!”

Rarity could only stroke her daughter’s mane. She didn’t undersetood what was going on, but she was really happy. It wasn’t an illusion. She recognized her Luminositè’s contact. Her scent, her warmth.

One of the dollies gave a mirror to Rarity, where she took a good look of herself, and nodded. She understood now.
Instead of a silver-maned mare with a wrinkled face, she saw a white mare in her late twenties with bright purple mane.

“I see. My time have come.”

“But it’s okay mère. You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.”

“Not as much as I missed you. Oh, Luminositè, I have so much to tell you…”

“Me too, mère. I love you.”

“I love you too, Luminositè.”


Twilight stretched her limbs tiredly when she was awaken by the sun on her eyes. A new day was starting, and as always, she had lots of work to do. She had to classify the library’s new material, read, and such.

She was enjoying retirement, but things had become boring since Flash passed away a couple of years ago. Well, she still enjoyed the visits from her niece’s kids, but they only did it twice a month. The rest of the days were monotone.
She loved children, but still she and Flash have decided they couldn’t have another kid. After what happened with Bright Spark, they agreed that their hearts couldn’t go through something like that all over again. And also there was no day that she didn’t missed Bright Spark.

All the books of physics and mechanics that were on her library reminded her of Bright. Also the magic text books. She always reminded of how Bright liked to learn new spells and find the way to replicate them with his machines.

Twilight liked to think of those days when the two of them stayed at her library, enjoying each other’s company as they read.

As for Flash, he missed the times when he and Bright spent time together. Those times, Bright stopped being this cold and calculating being to turn into a kid having a good time with his father. Flash used to talk about those times over and over, especially the year he died.

“Oh well, let’s rise and shine.” sighed Twilight, as she went downstairs.

Much to her surprise, she found her husband drinking coffee.

“Twilight, you came!” he said excitedly.

“Flash? What are you doing here? You are…”

He nodded. “Dead, I know. And so are you.” he said happily. “We’ve been waiting for you, my love! He would be happy to see you!”

Flash hugged Twilight and kissed her.

“I’m dead? But how?” asked Twilight.

“It happens to anypony.” said Bright Spark coming out of the elevator to his lab. “Eventually, we all have to die. But life goes on, without us of course. Nice to see you mom.”

Twilight smiled. “Bright Spark!”

He smiled back and hugged his mother.

“Oh Bright, I love you so much, I’m so glad we’re back together.”

“I love you too mom. Now, are you in the mood for a reading session? Her they have a complete collection of all the spells of all the cycles of the world.”

“I would love to.”

Bright put on a pair of especial glasses. “I’ve been waiting for too long. Sorry I was a coward back then and left too early. But now we are finally together and nothing will tear us apart.”

Author's Note:

So this is the definitive end to the Bright and Lumi saga. I hope you liked this, despite you seemed to dislike the decision the two protagonists took on the final chapters.

But this is the main problem when you create a character this powerful, you have to finish him one way or another, and in this universe no one was powerful enough to defeat Bright and Lumi.

Anyway, read ya’ later!!

Comments ( 2 )

one: Frist, two: nice ending and everything has now come full Circle, three: this was a fun read hope to see more fun work from you. :twilightsmile:

This was a beautiful way to end the saga. Great work.

Login or register to comment