• Published 30th Jun 2018
  • 684 Views, 11 Comments

The Manual of Heroes - Kaliann25



Time has passed in Equestria, and the role of protecting the kingdom is now in the hooves of a new generation. Princess Flurry Heart, and her cousin, Prince Bright Spark are now the defenders of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 11
 684

Seventeenth Principle

Seventeenth Principle:
If a villain push you to the limit, you put it in its place

That day, was a sad day for Equestria, the saddest day anyone could remember.
Ponies from all over Equestria, all dressed in black, flooded the streets of Canterlot to present their final respects to Princess Celestia.
And not only ponies, people from all races came to say goodbye, including several enemies, like Squirk, Queen Porccina, and even Tirek. They came to respect Celestia as an opponent, and they felt that the least they could do was to show up, and bring flowers to her grave. But, of course, first they asked for permission to the most powerful protectors of Equestria.

The line to the chapel was so long, that it even went out of the city. It was one of the darkest days in the history of Equestria.

“Prince Spark, Prince Spark,” said King Thorax, bowing to him. “I am terribly sorry. I should never believe you were the one who killed my mother. You would never do something like this to her. I am so sorry, and, in the name of the hive…”

Bright Spark turned his back on him. “Leave me alone.”

Twilight looked at him, worriedly.
First of all, that wasn’t actually Bright Spark, it was a ‘pretender’ robot, taking his place in the funeral. He was so devastated for what he supposedly did, that he did no come out of his lab.
Lumi was at his side, comforting her only friend.

Bright turned to his friend. “You know, Lumi? I need to build something. But, for the very first time in my life, I have no idea what.”

The sky-blue unicorn nodded. “Good. Last time you almost lost your mind. Also, we have to do this carefully. You cannot make a weapon to defeat a God of Destruction. He proved us that we need a better plan to defeat it.”

Bright sighed, but smiled. “I know. I was thinking in using our mothers’ approach. Sealing it. The problem is, how to do it for good.”

Lumi nodded, and took a seat aside her friend. “You’re definitely not in your best shape, I’ll help you this time, even if this is not my cup of tea.”

Bright smiled, grateful. “You know? This whole thing reminds me when we were children, and tried to become villains. That time I spent countless nights trying to think in something to incapacitate alicorns without actually hurt them.”

“I remember.” said Lumi, nostalgically. “We ended up analyzing the Tree of Harmony to see if we could make a weapon that works like Harmony. We ended up making the Artificial Harmony Generator. Useful, but not as a weapon.”

“Except if you’re dealing with Discord.” said Bright. “But, maybe we can start with these data, and see what we can create.”

Luminositè agreed. “Okay, I’ll examine the remaining of the robots that thing possessed, and you study the Tree of Harmony Data. Alright?”

Bright nodded, and started to look for the files on his computer.
In the meantime, Luminositè pulled out a couple of especial sunglasses. They allowed her to study the magic signature of everyone, and everything. The glasses tracked the traces of magic, and compared with the database the two of them had been gathering since they were little.
When she finished, she connected the glasses to her computer. She needed a better look of the data if she wanted to do something useful.

Bright eventually turned, and froze by the surprise.

“What?” asked Lumi, puzzled by her friends’ behavior.

Bright pointed a hoof to his own screen. “Look at this, the readings we took from the Tree of Harmony five years ago.”

Lumi could not believe it. “They are similar.”

“Not similar, the same.” said Bright. “Okay, now I’m pissed off.”

Lumi agreed. “We have a long night ahead of us.”

After coming back from Canterlot, Twilight and Flash came into their home wanting to see their son. But, what they found was the lab’s door, hermetically closed.

Giving Bright’s current mental condition, this couldn’t be a good sign.

With no hesitation, they tried to get into the lab. Surprisingly, the door was open.
They got inside the elevator, and went down. And, as soon as the doors opened again, Twilight felt ten times stronger than before.

“What is this?”

Flash looked at himself. He did not feel stronger, or anything like, but, he did felt peaceful, and, happy. In perfect harmony with the world, and with himself. “Twilight, I have no idea.”

They hurried to see Bright and Lumi, who were working in a what it looked like a giant purple tower. The tower glowed mysteriously, with all the colors of rainbows. It felt like the… Tree of Harmony.

“I am afraid to ask, but what on Equestria are you doing, Bight Spark?” asked Twilight.

The boy smiled at her. “Today, I’m going to follow your example, mom.”

“What do you mean?” asked Flash Sentry.

“It feels like the first time we joined with the Elements of Harmony!” said Rarity, entering behind Twilight and Flash, who looked puzzled at her. “What? There’s an entrance at my house too!”

“We’re planning to use the Power of Harmony to seal the bell.” explained Luminositè. “Remember when we replicated its power by creating a portable tool that anypony could use?”

“Yes, and Princess Celestia almost had a stroke when you showed her.” said Twilight with a sweat drop on her temple.

“Well, if we consider the real power the bell has, a small gadget is not enough to contain the bell’s power. Not even the tree itself! So, we are creating something that works the same way the tree does, but more powerful. Ten times more powerful. Not even the God of Destruction will escape from this one.”

Twilight smiled. “Okay, this is brilliant!”

“No pony else will get hurt because of this.” assured Bright Spark.

“But, you may talk to the tree first. It may have an advice for you.” suggested Lumi.

The two teenagers nodded. That was the plan.


The Silver Cowbell emitted a monstrous aura that prevented that anyone to approach. Of course, it could just deactivate it and attract a temporary bearer that could take it to its real targets. Spark and Belle.
It needed their power, their madness. It wasn’t like the Silver Cowbell was evil, no. It was only the one in charge of the cycle of life. Before creation there needed to be destruction. A world should end so a new one could start. That’s why it chose Grogar on the first place, it knew he was capable to destroy the world, and no one could ever face him. Well, it was a mistake.

Five years ago, it had met the two kids, when they came to study its other face, the Tree of Harmony. It talked to them, it took a small glance to their minds. It saw limitless potential, but, it never thought they would be powerful enough to defeat its champion. When he survived the atomic explosion, the Cowbell stopped worrying, if he was capable to live after receiving it directly, it was only a matter of time before he came back seeking for revenge. But then, it realized that Grogar was sick, and the cause, was that weapon.

Of course, the Silver Cowbell understood that it was only natural that the living beings tried to protect the world, but, they defeated the one who shouldn’t be defeated. And the Cowbell could not allow that. They needed to take responsibility for what they did.

Yes, the Silver Cowbell will find a way to attract them, but it would have to wait. Trying to make the kids’ families to reject them was the wrong approach, and they were really pissed off. It needed more time to think a new strategy to make them join his side.

And, maybe, I’ll just have to wait a bit longer. Their madness will eventually take complete control over them.

Suddenly, a metallic claw took it. It knew that cold touch, it was one of their machines. What were they thinking?

They wanted to fight? Are they giving me a body so they can get rid of me?

It didn’t make any sense. It was a God, it couldn’t be defeated, but, it couldn’t release its power without a bearer. What was the meaning of this?
And then, the machine locked the Cowbell in an especial container inside its body. Then, it activated, it was a version of its other face’s power, Harmony itself. But no, this wasn’t just Harmony. It was something else, that somehow mimicked Harmony, and amplified ten times.

NO, THEY CANNOT LOCK ME WITH MY OWN POWER!!!

Suddenly, it felt how the six Bearers of Harmony were approaching to the Tree, followed by Bright and Lumi. Do they know?


Bright, Lumi, and the Bearers arrived to the Tree of Harmony. Without a word, they bowed to the tree, so they could communicate with it.

“Hello, Tree of Harmony.” The six said in the unison.

It’s a pleasure, my Bearers. Why did you come to see me? Is something wrong?

Rarity smiled to the Tree. “No, Tree of Harmony. But, my daughter and Twilight’s son have a problem with an ancient being, and they need your advice.”

The Tree of Harmony was puzzled, but, it extended two of its branches to Bright and Lumi.
The two of them stepped backwards.

“Guys, you are supposed to touch it in order to speak to the Tree.” said Rainbow.

Twilight looked at her son, confused, but then, she noticed the look on his eyes, and shivered. This meant danger.

Bright smirked. “Hey, Hearts Warming Tree, you see, we have a problem with an ancient deity that wants us to become the destroyers of this world. Can you believe this?” His tone was completely impertinent, and rude.

“Bright, you are being disrespectful to the Tree of Harmony!” scolded Twilight. But she felt unsure, she had a feeling that something was wrong.

“Yes, didn’t you asked for its advice?” asked Fluttershy. “Show it the respect it deserves!”

At Bright’s and Lumi’s command, an army of robots, armed with light chain saws appeared.
(Like light-sabers, but chainsaws)

“WHAT ARE YA’ TRYING TO DO?!” shouted Applejack, scared.

“We are turning this thing into fire logs.” said Bright, coldly.

“Oh, no, you don’t!” said Rainbow, charging against the colt.

Bright extended a hoof to her, capturing Rainbow in a stasis force-field that came from one of his gadgets.
The cyan pegasus was not happy, and tried to fight her prison. “Hey, let me go! Do you have any idea of what you’re doing?”

“Bright, please, don’t you see this is the madness taking control?” asked Twilight, watching at the robots carefully.

Bright turned at his mother. “This thing and the damn bell are one in the same. Believe it or not, this thing is the responsible of the death of my Godmother. And we are here to make it pay.”

“Two sides of the coin.” explained Lumi. “The Protector and the Destroyer. We realized after comparing magic signatures from the Tree, and the Cowbell. They are the same.”

“It wants to keep balance. It needs to destroy the world in order to build a new one.” added Bright. “After discovering its true nature, we could deduce why it was so insistent. We are the most powerful beings in the world, we can easily defeat anyone it chooses to destroy the world. That’s why it needs us, because there’s no one who can stop us.”

Rarity tried to embrace her daughter, explain to her that this was crazy, but the robots blocked her way. “Lumi, don’t do this!”

The teenager shook her head gracefully. “Nonsense. This thing made you believe I lost control, that I was not worthy of your love, mère. Il est temps que j'ai payé.

“Any last words?” asked Bright, touching a branch.

I AM A GOD! HOW ARE YOU PLANNING TO DESTROY ME?

Bright grinned. “Same way we sealed your other face. This thing is charged with an artificial version of your own magic signature. The signature of the Destroyer of Worlds, just like the cage where we put the Bell is charged with the power of the Protector.”

Bright smiled, when he felt the fear coming from the branches. Don’t do this, please. You know what would happen to the world if you destroy me?

He pressed a button on his remote, and, right in fort of the Sisters’ castle, the tower he was working on appeared. Along with other ten, dispersed all over Equestria.

“Artificial Harmony Towers. Each one of these is ten times more powerful than you.” said Lumi, with half a smile. “You are not necessary anymore.”

“BRIGHT, LUMI! STOOOOP!” shouted Twilight, scared of what she was seeing.

“Luminositè, please, if you do this, the madness will win. You are not mad, Lumi, you can fight it!”

Twilight struggled against the machines, trying to reach her son, before it was too late.

A small branch of the Tree of Harmony wrapped around her hoof. Don’t let him do this, please! All I wanted to do was to fulfil my duty. The world needs to end in order for a new one to start!

Twilight gasped. “So, is it true? You are also the Silver Cowbell?”

The other Bearers turned to Twilight.

“What?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“Is it true?!” insisted Twilight.

It is true, but…

Two tears ran from Twilight’s eyes, s she grinded her teeth. “I trusted you. We trusted you.”

“Twilight!!” called Applejack. “They are telling the truth? Is the tree the same than the bell?”

Twilight nodded.

Rarity looked at Lumi, who nodded too. “Mère, I am furious, I admit it. Not as angry as Bright, but this has to stop. It won’t give up until we join it as its messengers of death. And we cannot allow it.”

Rarity sighed. “I guess you’re right, but…”

“We took responsibility.” said Bright. “That’s why we replaced the Tree with something better. Something more powerful.”

And what about the Destroyer? If there’s a Protector, there needs to be a Destroyer! Pleaded the Tree. Think in the Balance of the Universe!

Bright shook his head. “No. You tried to force us to join you, okay, we understand your reasons. But then, you refused to accept a ‘no’ for an answer, alright. Annoying, but, we understand. And finally, you killed my Godmother. Now, I’m pissed off. This is your punishment, this world will last forever. There will be no more destroyers.”

The Tree of Harmony extended its branches to Bright. You are no one to decide any punishments! You are a mortal, you are…

“I am one of the smartest persons in this world, I can do whatever I want.”

The robots prepared their chainsaws, when Lumi called. “Wait!”

They froze in place, as the robot who have captured the Cowbell approached. Lumi grinned. “I want it to see how we get rid of its other half.”

At her command, the robot who had the Silver Cowbell inside appeared from behind the other robots.

Bright pressed a new button on his remote, and the robot flew to the sky.

“Where is it going?!” asked Rainbow Dash.

“I put it in orbit. That way, no one would over reach it, no one would ever replace Grogar. There won’t be a destroyer of worlds. Not anymore.”

The Tree of Harmony trembled in fear.

Bright shrugged. “You shouldn’t piss me off. I am a genius, I always win.”

He turned to his robots. “Finish him. Slowly.”

The chainsaws started to cut down the branches, one by one. The power of Destruction allowed them to cut through the crystal tree with no effort.
It moved its branches as they were tentacles, in a desperate attempt to protect itself from the attacks. But the machines cut all the branches, and they started with the trunk.
There was no more fighting.
Bright grinned, as the machines cut through the trunk deliberately slow.

Finally, the last bit of the Tree was chopped down. Now there was nothing but Bright’s and Lumi’s machines to protect the world. But also, to threaten it.

“Okay, who’s hungry?” asked Bright.

“Just like that?” asked Pinkie Pie. “You practically destroyed a god, and that’s all you have to say?”

“It’s over, isn’t it?” asked Luminositè.

“Besides, the Tree started. We just had enough.” explained Bright Spark. “And, you said it’s a God, it cannot be killed. All we did was to incapacitate it definitely.”

The Bearers of Harmony sighed. There was no use to argue with them.

Suddenly, a white light surrounded the two inventors, and, when they recovered their senses, they were before a pony they thought they would never see again.

“Godmother?” asked Bright.

Lumi made a small nod. “Princess Celestia, what a surprise. Is it time for the Holy Court?”

Celestia sighed deeply, and nodded. “I hope you’re proud of yourselves. You just got into trouble with the Higher Ranks.”

Author's Note:

Okay, this is the next chapter. The death of the Tree of Harmony. Next chapter would be the closure of the story, followed by a small epilogue. I hope you liked it, and:

Read ya’ later!!