• Published 30th Jun 2018
  • 679 Views, 11 Comments

The Manual of Heroes - Kaliann25



Time has passed in Equestria, and the role of protecting the kingdom is now in the hooves of a new generation. Princess Flurry Heart, and her cousin, Prince Bright Spark are now the defenders of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 11
 679

Thirteenth Principle:

Thirteenth Principle:
A hero does not accept any consequences from something he/she didn’t do

Twilight sighed, in deep sadness, as she walked to the school of Ponyville. She let escape a small tear, as for the thousandth time, since she discovered Bright’s true capabilities, she asked herself why he insisted in keep going to school. The kid had a college degree, for Faust’s sake!
But, Twilight’s memories went back to the first encounter between her son and Grogar. Before that she thought her son was just like her. A young, enthusiastic unicorn who would dedicate his life to magic, and who would make tons of friends. But, Grogar forced Bright to expose his true nature. Now, Twilight always questioned herself what she did wrong raising him.

Twilight shook her head. Obviously, her biggest mistake was not to stop him when she noticed his inventions were becoming more dangerous every time. She didn’t even say anything when he began capturing villains to use them as guinea pigs to try his new weapons.

She arrived to the school.

“Princess Twilight?” asked Cheerilee, now principal of the school.

“Cheerilee, there’s an urgent matter related with Bright Spark and Luminositè Belle.”

“What happened? Did they finally were accepted by the Manehattan Tech?” asked the teacher.

Twilight shook her head, frowning. “No, Cheerilee. This isn’t something good. They did it, they finally did it.”

“What?” asked the school principal.

“They crossed the line and were exiled by unanimous decision of all five Princesses of Equestria.” explained Twilight.

“What? But this doesn’t have any sense!” said Cheerilee. “You have to be kidding me. They are a bit weird, but they would never…” but she couldn’t continue talking when she saw the tortured expression on Twilight’s face. “Princess, I’m terribly sorry.”

Cheerilee hugged the alicorn to comfort her.
The gesture was more meaningful since they didn’t get along well after the incident with Spike.
Twilight smiled, grateful, and followed the earth pony to sign the respective documents to make Bright’s and Lumi’s expulsion official.

Then, they headed to the eight grade classroom to notify the teacher of Bright and Lumi.
But, when they opened the door, they noticed all the young colts doing an exam, including Bright Spark and Luminositè.

“Hey! What are you doing here?” asked Twilight.

The boy was about to answer, but the teacher spoke first. “Princess Twilight, can’t you wait until the exam is over?”

“What? No!” said Twilight. “Bright and Lumi are supposed to be exil…”

Before she could stop talking, she found herself trapped and silenced by the same steel cables from the last day. Twilight looked at her son, who still had his cannon aimed to her direction. And, an incriminating trail of smoke was still coming from the weapon.

“Five hours.” said the colt, indifferent.

Cheerliee looked at the lavender alicorn, struggling against the cables. And then, a couple of Lumi’s dollies carrying the expulsion documents, and, burn them right in front of the teacher and the Princess.

The message was clear.


A bit later, at an elegant cafeteria in Canterlot, Sweetie Belle and her niece were having a good time over a cup of tea, and a piece of pie.

“So, how was your day?” asked Sweetie Belle to her niece.

“Normal.” Said Lumi. “We had a small incident with Bright’s mom, but, then, it was all normal. We did an exam, and that. Nothing worthy of mentioning.”

Sweetie Belle sighed. “Lumi, dear, I don’t want to get into your business, but, shouldn’t you try to figure out what’s really going on?”

“Of course, but, we still have to go to school. Routine is important.” Said Lumi. “And, you also wanted to have tea with me, didn’t you? But, after we finish, Bright and I will try to find our answers.”

Sweetie Belle made a small nod, relieved.
Just like Rarity, she could never really understand Luminositè. But, she preferred to ignore the psychological issues, and just love her for who she was. In fact, it was Sweetie who helped Lumi to find her Cutie Mark.

“Well, I won’t entertain you for much longer.” Said Sweetie. “Go see your friend, and clear your name.” She raised a hoof. “Check, please!”

The waiter came, carrying a black tray with a small piece of paper. Sweetie grabbed the check with her magic, and examined it. After a small nod, she took her pouch and opened it.
But then, Lumi stopped her, and pulled a shiny golden credit card from her purse.

“No, no, please Aunt Sweetie, Je will pay for this. You’ve done more than enough by accepting me in you maison.” said the teenage pony.

Right at that moment, Princesses Celestia and Luna get into the cafeteria to have a nice cup of tea to relax after a stressful da, and they stared at the two unicorns. The younger pony felt their gazes, but didn’t’ mind. The waiter put the card in a POS and nodded.

“That’s it, we’re leaving!” said Sweetie.

The two of them passed the Princesses, who just stared at them, leaving.

“Luna…” warned Celestia.

But the Princess of the Night was already flying to the First Bank of Canterlot.

“The bank accounts of the exiled Luminositè Belle, and Bright Spark should be cancelled. Why are they still active?” Luna shouted to the manager.

The pony frowned. “Princess, with all respect, it is no secret that not even you can handle those two. Why should we do what you can’t? Also, Miss Belle was really clear: do not dare to cancel their accounts or we will regret it. And, I do not plan to regret anything.”

Luna groaned, and flew back to her sister.

“So, how was it?”

“What you think? Those two will still do what they want, they’re shoving in our faces that there’s nothing we can do to exile them for good.”

Celestia nodded. “Yes, but that’s all they do. There’s no violent reaction from them or whatsoever. I don’t know, I’m starting to have my doubts if they really did it. They are obviously upset, but that’s it. I don’t know, maybe there’s something we’re missing.”

Luna didn’t say anything, but she disagreed.
If Celestia was right it meant that there was somepony else who had access to Bright’s and Lumi’s arsenal. But that was impossible. They were far too smart and too powerful to let that happen.

“No Tia, I still think it was a psychotic breakdown, and it’s only a matter of time before they break again.”

Changeling Hive:

Thorax was still depressed, and afraid after what happened with his mother.
Would that be enough for them? Or would they come back to kill more of them? Was the madness even stoppable?
Suddenly, he felt a change in all his surroundings. An indescribable sensation of fear descended all over his changelings.

Pharynx ran to the Throne Room. “He’s here! Prince Spark!”

Thorax stood, ready to lose his life for the hive. “Listen, Pharynx, I need you to lead everyone out! I’ll buy you as much time as I can, but I need you to run and…”

“Easy.” said a cold voice, getting into the Throne Room. “I didn’t come here to fight.”

Thorax glared at the intruder, as he bowed. And so dis Pharynx. “Prince Spark, what can your humble servants do for you?” They asked in unison.

Bright rolled his eyes, but remained calm. “First of all, I did not kill your mother. Second, I’m not interested in your hive being a vassal estate to Equestria. No, I am here only to prove my innocence.”

“What do you mean?” asked Pharynx.

Bright put on a couple of especial glasses. “Show me the body. It’ll give me the answers that I need. That we need.”

Thorax sniffed the air. “And, as always, I cannot feel anything from you. I can’t tell if you’re lying.”

“As always, sociopaths can give us a hard time.” complained Pharynx.

Bright sighed. “Listen to me, me coming to ask your permission was just a formality, you know I can do whatever I want and there’s nothing you can do to stop me. But, I know that wouldn’t help my case. So, I came to you to show you the truth of my intentions. Whoever killed your mother is still there, free. If you want a piece of justice, you should let me see the body. I need all the clues I can get.”

Pharynx looked at Thorax. “You’re the Leader of the Hive, Thorax.”

The Changeling Leader nodded. “Follow me.”

Bright followed Thorax to a series of hexagonal-shaped cells, covered in some kind of semi-transparent transparent wax. Bright aimed his hoof to the wax wall, and shot, melting it out of his way, giving him full access to what was left of Chrysalis.
He scanned the body with some kid of gadget that send the data directly to his glasses. He frowned, this didn’t seem well. A couple of metallic claws appeared from his saddlebag, and turned the body all over.

“Are you done playing with our mom?!” shouted Pharynx, red of indignation.

“Yes.” said Bright, using a gadget to restore the melted wax. “These are indeed my weapons, but it makes no sense. They are stronger than the ones for sale, but considerably weaker than my personal tools. I also detect high levels of ionic radiation, but that doesn’t mean anything for me. At least for now.”

Thorax was confused, but not Pharynx. He was just angry.

“Oh, and what does this mean for you, Spark? Cut up the act already! You really came all the way here to laugh at our pain, didn’t you?!”

Bright rolled his eyes. “Shut up, okay?” Then, he shook his head. “No, I can’t really blame you for mistrusting my intentions. I know my backup doesn’t really help my case. But, if it helps, I’ll leave you alone now. There’s no need to submit to Equestria. That’s all I need to say.”

Bright turned his back on the two brothers, when his comm-link activated.

“Luminositè?”

“Bright? I’ve found the evidence we need. I don’t know who is really behind this, but I have a solid lead.”

Bright smiled, relieved. “Good to know.” He turned to Thorax and Pharynx. “Sorry I wasted your time, but, apparently my friend found who is behind this. I’ll let you know when capture him. Or her. Have a nice day and, I’m truly sorry about your mother.”

Storm Kingdom:

Ghostly Gust was on her castle’s chapel, crying in silence the deaths of her father and son, as her soldiers watched her in respectful silence.
Suddenly, they heard small hoofsteps approaching. They turned, only to see a certain unicorn mare. Light blue fur, almost white, with a blond mane.

Queen Gust turned too, struggling between her fear and hate, when the mare put a crown of flowers over the two coffins.

“I’m sorry for your loss, Ghostly Gust.” assured Lumi, softly. “Maybe we were enemies, but I did respected you in any way possible. And I never wanted this to happen.”

Ghostly Gust screamed in anger, and threw a powerful punch to Lumi. The mare’s red scarf stopped the punch. But Lumi did not answer the attack.

“I know you are upset. But this isn’t our doing. I came all the way here to present my respects to the King and Prince, but also, to find out who really did this.”

Gust grinded her teeth. “I don’t believe you. I SAW THE FRAGMETNS OF THOSE WEAPONS ONLY YOU CAN USE!”

Lumi raised an eyebrow. “Do you still have them?”

“Yes, why?”

“Let me examine them and, maybe, it would lead us to who is really behind us. Think about it, do you want to get your revenge on the monster who did this? If Bright and I were really behind it, there’s no way you can do anything. But, you may have the chance to actually do something.”

Ghostly Gust looked to Lumi’s eyes. “So, you’ll find who did this and turn him or her to me? What’s in this for you?”

“To clear my name.”

“Fine.”

At her Queen’s sign, the soldiers brought the little pony a tray with the splinters from the explosive that they found in both of the bodies. Lumi carefully examined them confirming those were their bombs. But, an old model. Not that old, only a few months, but, they had way more advanced weapons in storage now. This didn’t have any sense.
But then, she noticed two things. First, the metal was unusually rusted.
She scanned it, realizing the high levels of ionic radiaton.
But, the definite clue was a serial number she noticed.

“And?” asked Ghostly Gust.

Lumi made Ghostly Gust a sign to wait, as she double-checked the serial number on her database. Finally, she had her answer.

“Unbelievable…” mumbled Lumi-

“Have you find something?”

“A lead.” Said Lumi, turning on her comm-link. “Bright? I’ve found the evidence we need. I don’t know who is really behind this, but I have a solid lead.”

Author's Note:

So, the two geniuses are finally on their way to find out who is killing for them. This is the final arc of the story, but, there’s also a mini-arc about Flurry Heart and her Geek Kingdom of all Comics. I hope you like it, and,

Read ya’ later!!