• Published 10th Jul 2018
  • 1,847 Views, 55 Comments

Paper Mario: Elements & Stars - ThePegaKris



Our flat, beloved plumbers must save Equestria from both their old archenemies and the evils of Equestria.

  • ...
5
 55
 1,847

13: Fiery Truth, Part 2

8:30AM
Hollow Shades
Thursday


”Well, we made it, folks!” A.J exclaimed.

”This place looks like a wasteland!” Bowser asserted. “Are you sure this is where we need to go?”

”If we go back just a few feet the way we came, we should reach Ponhenge, which is at the base of Foal Mountain.” Pinkie Pie said.

”Thank Celestia that you don’t have to climb to the top of the mountain every time you come here!” Spike stated.

”Let’s hurry before King Sombra might launch another attack like last time with Trixie.” Bowser said.

”I hope she’s able to recover quickly, by the way.” Pinkie assumed.

”We ain’t got time to waste!” A.J exclaimed.

Bowser’s team ran to this mountain range that was several feet high, even reaching half the height of the sky. A small forest appeared before the group at the base of the mountain, and in the middle of it were some vertical, uniquely-shaped stones.

”Concentrate a little harder on your meditation, ponies.” A masculine voice spoke.

”We are trying our very best, Stygian, but this will not be perfect unless we know when it is.” An old, bearded unicorn said.

”There they are.” A.J whispered. “Just follow my lead and I’ll explain everything, mm’kay?”

”Uh-huh!” The rest of the group replied.

”Ahem.” A.J coughed. “Excuse me?”

”Who goes there, lads?” as a muscular looking stallion opened his eyes. “Ah, could that be you, Applejack?”

”Eeyup, it’s me again, Rockhoof! How are the rest of y’all doing?”

”Welcome back to our sanctuary, Applejack.” The old pony spoke again. “And I see that you’ve brought the Element of Laughter, Pinkie Pie, Spike the Brave & Glorious, and... Who’s the newcomer?”

”My name is Bowser, King of the Koopas. I’m not from Equestria, but I came here from another world to help these ponies save this one from impeccable destruction.”

”Judging by your literally sharp appearance, you definitely reveal yourself as a newcomer.” An old female unicorn presumed.

”Destruction in Equestria will not be tolerated, but we can’t just help unless you provide an explanation, and fast.” A female Pegasus pony considered.

”Either way, I’m sure we can fix it up in a jiffy.” A female Earth pony declared.

”If this problem gets out of hoof, things are going to get nasty.” A male Pegasus pony conjectured.

”Bowser, I’d like ya to meet Star Swirl the Bearded, Mage Meadowbrook, Flash Magnus, Mistmane, Rockhoof, and Somnambula!” A.J introduced. “These are the Pillars of Old Equestria.”

”Oh cool, but I thought they were called the Old Pillars of Equestria.”

”It varies!” Pinkie jumped in.

”If you really speak of danger, King Bowser, do not make haste and explain to us what it is!” Star Swirl demanded.

”Some unicorn named King Sombra invaded my world, which is the Mushroom Kingdom, captured the princess there and he’s brought her here so that she can serve under him as a slave. My other...friends all ended up so that we can find the princess and defeat Sombra!”

”You’re talking about THE King Sombra that was destroyed several years ago?” Star Swirl huffed. “I don’t believe that at all!”

”It’s true, Star Swirl.” Spike said. “He appeared in Twilight’s castle right before our very eyes, and he’s even got her parents hostage!”

”Oh come on, guys!” Flash Magnus exclaimed. “This’ll be the fourth time that King Sombra’s going down!”

”You mean third, right?” Spike persisted. “The first time, he was defeated by Princess Celestia & Princess Luna, and Twilight & I beat him the second time, so this week will make it his third defeat.”

”I’m afraid Flash is right, little one.” Mistmane sighed.

“We beat King Sombra the first time, believe it or not.” Mage Meadowbrook admitted.

”He was a weakling trying to claim the Crystal Empire’s throne, but we pummeled him way to the ground easily.” Rockhoof explained.

”The second time around, only Star Swirl’s most faithful students were able to do it again while King Sombra actually managed to rise to power that time.” Somnambula clarified.

”And yet, the Frozen North somehow manages to keep a piece of his broken horn intact.” Star Swirl expounded.

”Shouldn’t the Crystal Heart already be enough to stop Sombra, y’all?” A.J inquired. “It’s as simple as that, and yet, he’s making us go fetch the Elements of Harmony, the Sun Book, the Memory Stone, and your artifacts as we speak.”

”There’s no way we’re letting him corrupt Equestria’s most important means of defense!” Star Swirl declared. “Are you sure it’s a good idea to bring all of them to him?”

”We’re planning an elaborate ruse on him, don’t worry.” Bowser replied. “Besides, there’s more of us to fight and he only has the help of our princess, who has now been possessed.”

”Yes, but do you realize how powerful the king will be once he gathers the power of all these valuable items?” Star Swirl realized. “He’s going to become an unstoppable god, for crying out loud!”

”First, we need to make sure that there are no civilian casualties.” Mistmane included.

”The thing is that King Sombra won’t tell us where he and Princess Peach are unless we get the artifacts first.” Pinkie Pie said. “Bowser’s friends all split up and went with Twilight and the others to find the missing items, so that we can regroup at Twilight’s castle.”

”That sounds awful, my young ponies.” Rockhoof sighed. “By the way, what a lovely name for a princess!”

”Don’t worry y’all, we’ve already messaged the rulers of the Crystal Empire to see if we could borrow the Crystal Heart.” A.J added.

”Now, let me ask the real question already.” Bowser said. “Will you six help my friends and I defeat King Sombra so that we can return to the Mushroom Kingdom with our princess?”

”Hmm...” as Star Swirl rubbed his beard. “Stygian, can you come here for just a bit?”

”Yes, what is it, Star Swirl?” The small unicorn abided.

”We need you to do something very important for us. You must find Sunburst and inform him and the royal couple about our progress on our upcoming attack on King Sombra. They have no choice but to either fight with us or evacuate everypony inside the Crystal Empire.”

”Hold on a second!” Pinkie halted. “If you evacuate everypony over there, Sombra has a pretty good chance of taking over the place, and that won’t be fun!”

”The Crystal Heart...” Bowser thought to himself. “Why does it remind me of the Crystal Stars from way back?”

”Then, fighting it shall be!” as Flash Magnus pumped himself up.

”Hurry Stygian, there’s not much time!” Somnambula warned.

”I’ll be back as soon as I can, guys. Stay safe out there!”

The small unicorn dashed off into the woods as he left immediately. Bowser’s team now faced the Old Pillars’ stone pedestals, which had different symbols on each of them.

”Now then, we shall lend you four allies our most beloved artifacts in this dire situation.” Star Swirl concluded. “However, fatal consequences will happen to Equestria if something actually happens to the artifacts, so guard them with all your lives.”

”Right this way, King Bowser.” Mistmane guided.

”Not so fast!!!” A feminine voice shouted.

”Oh no, I recognize that darn voice anywhere, even from a blue moon!” A.J cried.

”N-no...” Spike’s jaw dropped.

”YES!!! It is I, Queen Chrysalis! I’m back for sweet revenge!”

Queen Chrysalis is a female Changeling, who has holes around her body and horn, much like Hunter’s. Most of her features are green, like her wings, tail, mane, and eyes. Her crown also had four little orbs. According to Hunter, she was the former leader of the Changelings, until Thorax defeated her before.

”Way to ruin the party, meanie!” Pinkie grunted.

”What do you want this time, Chrysalis?” Spike demanded.

”Simple. I’m always one step ahead of you worthless ponies, and I even discovered about King Sombra’s plan to rule over Equestria with these special items that you are now collecting. I’m that sneaky... But, it is I who will use these items to stop Sombra and conquer Equestria with my Changeling Army! Bwahahaha!!!”

”So, you’re the creep who made Hunter leave your army to go find this Thorax...” Bowser reminisced.

”Those two traitors don’t know how to be a real Changeling like me!” Chrysalis added. “Who are you anyway, you imbecile?”

”I am Bowser, King of the Koopas. I think it’s time that we have a royal rumble and see who gets to use these items to defeat King Sombra! Winner takes all!”

”You do realize what you’re getting yourself into, right?” Star Swirl reminded.

”Relax there, good sir.” Bowser asserted. “I got this under control and no king or queen is going to stop this titan!”

”You don’t scare me at all!” The Changeling Queen spit out. “I can do whatever I want with you and these ponies, and you won’t even get a chance to land a single hit!”

”That’s where you’re wrong, Chrysalis!” A.J stepped in. “Ya ain’t gonna last that long in this rodeo!”

”Flee now while you can, jerk!” Pinkie yapped.

”Put ‘em up!” as Spike sharpened his claws.

Showtime!!!” Bowser ranted.

The Pillars of Old Equestria retreated to their pedestals to gather their artifacts, while Bowser’s team faced off against Queen Chrysalis. She smiled menacingly as she took a step back and shapeshifted into her first fake form.

”Let’s-a-go!”

”Oh, you can’t be serious!” as Bowser swayed his head back and forth. “She turned into Mario?”

”Remember Bowser, Chrysalis is the Queen of the Changelings, and can shapeshift into anypony...or anyone she comes across.” Spike explained. “She can copy attacks and use them against you.”

”Hammer time!” The fake Mario chanted.

Mario’s doppelgänger rushed for Bowser with his hammer, but he blocked it with his spiky shell.

”The real Mario would know when I would pop in and out of my shell!” Bowser laughed. “It’s my turn to attack now! Haaarrrrr!!!”

”Hot, hot, hot!” as the fake Mario ran in circles while burning.

”Don’t let your guard down, mate!” Rockhoof called out in the background.

”Nice try, but that won’t do you any good, Bowser!” The doppelgänger exclaimed. “How about this?”

”Nice try, but the real Mario would know how to fight fire with fire!” as Bowser got back in his shell.

”Fine, have it your way!” The fake Mario uttered. “Why don’t I try something else?”

”This can’t be good...” Pinkie gulped.

”Oh great, Chrysalis is now Princess Twilight?” Bowser minded. “What do you think you’re getting at, fool?”

”I may teach friendship, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know how to teach you a thing or two about pain!” The fake Twilight smirked. “Watch and learn!”

Princess Twilight’s clone flew up into the air and started to swoop down onto Bowser while shooting damage beams. However, his shell started to pick up speed as it was spinning out of control, and before Twilight landed, he shell dashed towards her, causing her to bounce back several feet.

”That’s gotta hurt.” Spike said softly.

”Who’s feeling scared now, Chryssi?” Bowser asked.

”I’m just getting started!” The fake Twilight huffed. “Just wait until you see THIS!”

Queen Chrysalis shapeshifted yet again and this time, she turned into Bowser. The real one knew this was coming, but still, he wasn’t ready to give up at any time soon.

”I’ll show you who’s the real King of the Koopas!” Bowser’s doppelgänger pointed out.

”No, that’ll be me!” The real Bowser declared.

”Haaarrrrr!” as both Bowsers breathed fire at each other.

Both Bowsers ended up flinching afterwards, but they were still standing strong. Meanwhile, the Pillars of Old Equestria finally got their artifacts from the pedestals and rushed towards Spike, A.J, and Pinkie.

”We got them!” Star Swirl exclaimed. “Tell King Bowser to come back here immediately!”

”Which Bowser is which, though?” as Flash Magnus scratched his head.

”Chrysalis...” Star Swirl nodded. “Don’t worry ponies, I know how to spot a Changeling in case one gets mixed up with the original pony. FREEZE!”

Star Swirl’s horn had a white aura around it and he ended up shooting at both Bowsers, until Queen Chrysalis was reverted back to normal in the midst of the blast. The real Bowser quickly got back up and dusted himself off like it was nothing.

”Still as...powerful...as ever huh, Star Swirl?” as Chrysalis tried to regain focus. “This...isn’t over...”

”Bowser, time to finish her off, sugarcube!” A.J encouraged. “I’m ‘bout to show ya a real finisher right here called ‘Lasso Roundup.’”

”What do I do?” He asked.

”Get back into your shell, Bowser. I’m going to tie you up with my lasso and I’m going to swing you around and release you until you knock that cretin out.”

”Okay, I’m ready!” as Bowser got back inside his shell.

Applejack started gritting her teeth tightly on her lasso as she grabbed Bowser’s shell and started to build up rotation speed. Spike, Pinkie, and the Old Pillars gave the duo some room for the combo attack, while Queen Chrysalis was too immobilized to even do anything.

”Woah, woah, woah!” as Bowser started getting dizzy.

”Hey Chrysalis, think fast!” as A.J released Bowser.

”Wh-What..are...you?”

Bowser’s rapidly spinning shell launched himself at Chrysalis and she ended up getting spiked on all sides, still leaving her in the dust.

”Gaaah!!!” The Changeling Queen moaned.

”Ooh, ooh, can I do something too?” as Pinkie raised her hoof excitingly.

”Go ahead, Pinkie.” Spike replied confidently.

”Sweet! Bowser, hop in!”

”In your confetti cannon? It’s too small for me, I can’t fit in there!”

”Nonsense silly, this party cannon can fit anything inside, no matter what the size is!” Pinkie corrected. “I’m going to fire you off at Chrysalis, and you’ll land on her, making this the ‘Cannon Slam!’”

”Alright alright, I’ll get in!” Bowser yelled.

”Spike, would you mind lighting it up for me?” Pinkie requested.

”Hoooo... It’s lit, Pinkie!”

”What exactly did I sign up for, Pinkie?” Bowser thought to himself.

”5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Blast off!!!” Pinkie counted down.

After the party cannon’s fuse was lit up, Bowser was launched yet again at Queen Chrysalis. This time, he attempted to do a body slam upon landing on her corpse, just like Pinkie mentioned.

”Eat this!!!” as Bowser fully extended his arms and legs upon his descent. “Hahahaha!!!”

[ceneter]”NOOOOOO!!!!!!” as Queen Chrysalis started to lose consciousness.

”Equestria is a land meant for friendship, not for war, Chrysalis...” Star Swirl soaked it all in.