• Published 10th Jul 2018
  • 1,845 Views, 55 Comments

Paper Mario: Elements & Stars - ThePegaKris



Our flat, beloved plumbers must save Equestria from both their old archenemies and the evils of Equestria.

  • ...
5
 55
 1,845

08: No Power Up...Like Dancing?

7:00PM
Canterlot
Wednesday


”Well, this is it.” Twilight said. “Welcome to Canterlot, everybody!”

”Don’t you usually say ‘everypony,’ Twilight?” Rainbow asked.

”Yes, but Mario and his friends aren’t ponies, so I have to say ‘everybody’ like every other human. I did become human at one point, and yet I’ve already learned the language differences that they’ve used in the human world.”

”Thanks for taking us to your old home, Twilight!” Mario exclaimed.

”Ah, it’s nothing!” Twilight blushed. “You and your friends deserve to relax for a bit before we go back on our scavenger hunt tomorrow. I thought I’d take you around the city and show you what I used to do when I lived here.”

”I’ve never seen such wonderful architecture like this before!” Professor E. Gadd gasped.

”That’s because you barely leave your lab.” Bowser teased.

”Where do we even begin?” Cappy asked.

”Some food would be nice...” Luigi’s mouth started watering.

”Good choice, Luigi!” Rarity exclaimed. “Canterlot is also known for some of the most exotic cuisines that have been cooked without a single mistake. There’s a restaurant called ‘The Tasty Treat,’ if you would like to try it!”

”I’m surprised, Rarity!” Pinkie Pie’s jaw dropped. “I thought you were trying to turn it into one of those fancy froufrou restaurants like every other restaurant in Canterlot.”

”Yes, but if it wasn’t for your help, we wouldn’t be able to have solved our friendship problem two years ago. As long as you’re satisfied with the way the restaurant turned out, then I’m satisfied. I actually enjoy eating here from time to time, too!”

”I guess we’ll eat something tasty, no pun intended!” Mario laughed a bit.

”Ooh, looks like there are plenty of seats left for all of us!” Pinkie pointed out. “Now it’s a party!”

”Pinkie, there will be time for that after we stop King Sombra.” Rainbow Dash whispered. “We gotta show Mario a good first time in Equestria so that he can trust us on his mission.”

”Oops, my bad!”

The group walked towards a restaurant that looked small on the outside, but on the inside, there was a lot more depth and livery as if it was actually showing itself to be rated with five stars.

”Let me handle this.” Rarity said.

Knock knock.

”Rarity, it’s so good to see you!” greeted a male and female unicorn with foreign accents. “Please, come on in!”

”Hello there!” The entire group greeted in return.

”It’s nice to see you two again!” Rarity commented. “It’s been too long since we’ve last met, right?”

”Oh hoho, far too long!” The female unicorn giggled.

“Hmm?” The male unicorn sounded. “It appears that not only you’ve brought your best friends, but...you’ve also brought new friends to our restaurant! I’m so delighted to know about them!”

”Certainly. Mario, Luigi, I’d like you and your friends to meet Coriander Cumin, and the pony right next to him is his daughter, Saffron Masala! They own this restaurant, by the way!”

”Hello!” as Mario’s team exchanged handshakes with the unicorn family.

”Ah, it always warms my heart to see new customers, even ones that are entirely different from us ponies.” Saffron acknowledged. “Isn’t that right, Father?”

”Indeed! What would you like us to serve to all of you tonight, Rarity?”

”This is Mario’s first time in Equestria.” She said. “Would you mind preparing some of your best dishes to make him and his friends feel very welcome? Also, as for the rest, can you bring us our favorites as well? That would be very appreciated from us, thank you!”

”Yes, coming right up, Rarity!” as the family duo headed to the kitchen.

”Thank you!” Both Mario and Twilight’s group blessed.

”Rarity, thank you for this.” Mario said. “You really shouldn’t have to go out of your way for us!”

”Don’t worry, I insist! As Twilight mentioned before, you deserve to get comfortable around here for a bit. What would the Element of Generosity be like if she wasn’t able to give at all? Greedy!”

”She has a point there.” Spike said.

”I hope y’all like to eat spicy food, because this is packed with them spices!” A.J hollered.

”Did you say spicy food???” Mario, Luigi, and Bowser asked. “I love spicy food! No way, me too!”

”Oh goodness...” as Fluttershy tried to contain herself from laughing.

”I really can’t eat anything, because...I have no stomach.” Cappy zoned off.

”I’m not sure if someone old like me can handle spicy food.” Professor E. Gadd quivered.

”There’s going to be a bit of sweetness in these dishes, you know!” Pinkie brought up.

”Well, at least it’s a good thing I still haven’t lost my sweet tooth after all these years!” E. Gadd relieved himself.

”So Bowser, did you and Cappy manage to check Trixie in at the hospital?” Mario asked.

”Yeah, but we almost got into real trouble. The receptionist wanted us to pay her afterwards with these so-called ‘Bits,’ which I guess is Equestria’s currency.”

”Luckily, I had to bluff by saying that we were checking in on behalf of Princess Twilight Sparkle, and the receptionist didn’t make us pay anything!” Cappy laughed nervously.

”Oh no, I can’t believe I forgot to tell you guys to say those exact words before you left!” Twilight panicked. “I’m such an idiot...”

”Well, if anyone else is going to end up in the hospital next, that would be King Sombra, and we will make HIM pay for what he’s done!” Rainbow exhilarated.

”You got that right, Rainbow Dash.” Mario added. “Speaking of medical assistance, I’m glad that you’re feeling better again, Luigi.”

”Yeah bro, and Fluttershy, thank you so much for taking care of me!”

”You’re welcome! All you needed was a bit of a rest and some strong, high-quality medicine that I actually stocked up on in case either me or somepony else got sick. Just be careful not to eat too fast, otherwise you’ll be vomiting again, Luigi.”

”Okey-dokey!” The green plumber nodded.

”Okay everypony, coming in hot...literally!” as Coriander Cumin exited the kitchen.

”Mario, Luigi, this is our ‘Mushroom Curry!’” as Saffron put their food on the table. “Be careful, the plates are very hot!”

”Wow...” as the Mario Bros. were left amazed by their food.

”Okay, here we have the ‘Fried Hot Eggplant’ for you, big guy!” as Coriander set down Bowser’s plate.

”Don’t mind if I do!”

”And for you, old sir, these are the ‘Sweet & Sour Potatoes!’” as Saffron set down E. Gadd’s food.

”Oh, these certainly look appetizing!”

”And Rarity, we brought you and your friends your usual favorite dish, ‘The Red Hot Flower Salads!’” Coriander presented.

”Thank you!” Twilight and her friends thanked.

”Okay, enjoy the food, everypony!” Both family members bowed.

”Thank you guys!” The entire team praised.

”It’s a good thing Luigi and I have our own forks.” Mario said. “Ponies definitely don’t eat with kitchen utensils.”

”And I always bring mine as well!” E. Gadd exclaimed.

”Mm-mmm, I don’t need a fork, thanks!” as Bowser bit into his food.

”You definitely made the right choice, Rarity.” Twilight said. “I think the amount of courtesy shown by you today will definitely leave a very good first impression of Equestria for Mario! It looks like he might consider coming back in the near future or unless something that we can help him with comes up.”

”I’m glad you’re taking all of this into account, Twilight, and that’s what I love about you.”

”I’ll pay for the entire thing!” Pinkie volunteered.

”Hehe, no need for that, Pinkie Pie!” Saffron giggled. “Father and I are so grateful for you and Rarity improving the nature of our restaurant, and because of that, we have become very successful here in Canterlot! So, there’s no need for a tip or payment!”

”This just got even better...” Luigi chewed some more.


1 Hour Ago
Unknown Location
Wednesday


”Ma’am, please, you’ve got to snap out of this!” Twilight Velvet cried.

”What exactly are you talking about?” Shadow Peach asked. “I’m perfectly fine, okay?”

”Please, you’ve got to snap out of his possession and take us back to our daughter, Twilight!” Night Light begged.

”Wrong, hahaha! My husband is not possessing me, he’s helping me. All I ever want from him is his love and to succeed at conquering all of Equestria! Your daughter Twilight is too weak to stop us both, even with the help of her friends and Mario.”

”Grr, talk all you want, but you both will never win!” Twilight Velvet spit out.

”Mwahahaha, even the same thing could be said about your daughter!” Shadow Peach laughed. “You’re lucky I’m still keeping you alive, but it won’t be for much longer!”

”I don’t know who this Mario is, but he’s probably on his way right now to save you and us from this scumbag’s wrath!” Night Light exclaimed.

”Misery, misery, misery... I would wish good luck to Mario, but he’s still too weak to fight a supreme goddess like me! You just can’t beat the impossible...”


7:30PM
Canterlot
Wednesday


”Mamma mia, that food was both delicious and so spicy!” Mario burped.

”I need to come here more often.” Luigi thought to himself.

”All right, there’s one more thing I’d like us all to do with you, Mario.” Twilight said. “Does the Mushroom Kingdom hold concerts?”

”Yes it does! Would you like to know who the best singer is at these concerts? Princess Peach!”

”What???” Twilight and her friends’ jaws dropped. “No way!!!”

”It’s true.” Mario added. “She even sent me an audio recording of herself singing on stage. It’s here on my Game Boy SP, by the way.”

The entire group leaned in closer to Mario’s mobile device as he pulled it out of his pocket and played the song Peach was singing.

”Sweet Celestia...” Rainbow Dash stuttered. “That...was...AWESOME! I normally listen to fast-paced songs, but Princess Peach just blew my mind right now!”

”Yup, and she normally holds these concerts every year, in honor of my heroic deeds.” Mario explained. “She never disappoints the crowd!”

”I’m impressed with her voice too, Mario!” Twilight exclaimed. “Now, it’ll be time for your first ever concert in Equestria! Applejack, where are we going to tonight?”

”Get ready Mario, because you’re about to see my best friend and Equestria’s number one pop star, Countess Coloratura, or ‘Rara’ for short!”

”We do need some good entertainment every once in a while!” Bowser complimented.

”Luckily, Applejack and Rara got very close with each other, and they still are to this day.” Fluttershy said. “We get to go to every single one of her shows for free because of how strong their friendship is!”

”Eeyup.” A.J nodded. “C’mon gang, Rara’s concert is just at the Canterlot Derby Track. Follow me!”

”Mm-hmm!” Everyone else joined in.


8:00PM
Canterlot Derby Track
Wednesday


”Sorry missy, but do you or your friends have tickets?” The bouncer asked. “I can’t let any of you in without your tickets.”

”Oh c’mon there, Don Chains!” A.J cried. “It’s me, Applejack!”

”Applejack? Oh, it is you! Sorry about that, I’m always required to wear these shades, which was why I couldn’t see you ponies in the first place.”

”In the middle of the night?” Bowser scratched his head.

”N-Nevermind that!” Don Chains stuttered. “You’re just in time for the concert, guys, so take care in there!”

”Thanks Don!” as A.J tipped off her hat. “Follow me inside, there’s enough front row seats for all of us.”

Inside the venue was an actual derby raceway track, which was near the edge of Canterlot, overlooking Ponyville, and the place was packed full of ponies. In the center of the clouded track was the stage, and it was fully lit, too. Everypony cheered really hard as the concert was about to begin.

”Fillies and gentlecolts, this is Mayor Mare speaking! I now have the greatest honor of introducing to you our special celebrity guest this evening! Everypony, please welcome Countess Coloratura!”

”YEAHHH, WOOHOO!!!” The crowd went nuts.

Out from behind the curtains and into the center stage was none other than Countess Coloratura herself. She was a light gray pony with a bit of an indigo mane and tail, who was wearing a black diva outfit. Behind her came out a band of ponies, too.

”There she is, Mario!” A.J pointed out. “Enjoy the show, okay?”

”Thanks Applejack!”

”This first song is for those who adore traveling...” Rara announced. “3... 2... 1... GO!!!”