• Published 20th Jun 2018
  • 3,102 Views, 95 Comments

An Absol In Ponyville - Knightwolf1875



(A side story to https://www.fimfiction.net/story/306799/equestrian-eeveelution.) I just wanted to get away from the storm that was getting worse. How was I to know Discord and Arceus would

  • ...
11
 95
 3,102

CH.1 Rough Meetings

An Absol in Ponyville

CH.1 Rough Meetings

I groaned as the thunder storm rumbled outside the house. The day had started out so well, with clear skies that quickly turned dark. I’m a five foot and eleven something tall man with brown hair, blue eyes, blue jeans, and black t-shirt. Nothing really great to talk about in my life beyond being bored at the moment as I glare at the flash of lighting, and flinched at the loud crack of thunder.

“Geez, it was so nice a little while ago too.” I mutter pulling a blanket over my head as I sat on the couch. “I wish I could do something other than this.”

The TV turned on by itself and a cocky smooth voice spoke. “Really now? I might have a way to help you, Arthur.”

“ACK!” There was a loud thud as I landed on the floor, pulling the blanket off. What I saw on the TV was none other than Discord and Arceus. “I have to be dreaming.”

“I fear not, and I’m not really happy about this.” Arceus said in a calm, yet annoyed voice. “I need someone to check in on a small group of Eevees. Mainly to make sure they’re doing alright.”

“Among other things of course like making a little chaos along the way for me too.” Discord said with a smirk. “A little something to mess with a ‘too smart for her own good’ pony. You’ll be a kind of summon, but, since it’ll be done by us, you’ll have nothing to worry about.”

I pinch my cheek to make sure I’m not dreaming. “Ouch! Define nothing to worry about. I’m sure there is a catch to this.”

Arceus sighed. “You’ll be there as a pokémon, without a summoning, and will be there for, likely, life.”

The sound of the wind picking up and howling made me shiver. “I’ll take it. This storm is not getting any calmer.” I said right before a loud clap of thunder and Discord snapping his talons. Everything went dark just as a tree branch crash into the window.

As Discord worked his magic he looked at Arceus. “So why did you want to tell him and not let me just yank him into this?”

“Besides the fact I felt it was a nice way to get back at you?” Arceus said with a hint of humor to his voice. “This human was once a Marine and I feared how his training might kick in. So, to hopefully keep that from happening, I gave him a reason why we needed him. Plus, it was a true reason at that.”

“Oh, I get it now. It kind of makes me wish I hadn’t gone with my little prank now.” Discord said getting a little nervous.

“You didn’t.” Arceus growled, glaring at the Lord of Chaos.

The Everfree Forest

I groaned as I came to. Feeling like I was hit by a truck, rolled down a hill, and soaked by rainfall. “Oh man. That hurt like… What’s with my voice?” Feeling my face I noticed my hand didn’t feel like my hand, and opened my eyes. All I saw were three blue-black claws, black paw pads, and white fur. “They didn’t really do it, did they?”

Turning my head I look down at my body to see a lean, white furred body, and the black spurs on my back legs. The body of an Absol, and yes, I had to check one other thing. Needless to say I was both mad and freaked out. “DAMN IT! DISCORD I’M GOING TO MAKE YOU PAY FOR THIS!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs making every bird in range of my voice take flight.

Cantorlot

In the palace gardens, Discord’s statue started to sweat a small river. “I’m really worried now. I heard that all the way up here.” The guard wondered when the new water feature to the statue was added.

Everfree

I spent, I don’t know how long, just wrapping my mind around the fact I’m a female. A female Absol in the forest somewhere, and that forest could be anywhere! I tripped over my paws as I took a step. “First, learn to walk in new body, and then deal with being a female.” I muttered with my face in the dirt.

Over the next few minutes, I relearned how to walk on all fours, and was a little surprised how my tail moved. The black, blade like tail moved like a tail should, but it has a slight edge to it. I cut a few leaves with it by mistake. “Note to self: Be careful wagging.” I took a step to start exploring and felt something under my paw. It was a piece of paper with what looked like a list on it. “Is this a list of attack moves? Arceus must have slipped it to me to help. Without knowing where I am in the timeline, that could have been the pre-reformed Discord.”

I start off trying to learn Ice Beam as I was feeling it could be cool enough. “And that sounded just as bad in my head.” I chuckle as I heard a growl behind me. Looking toward the growl, I gulped seeing what it was. “Yup, I’m in MLP and that’s a timberwolf. A half dozen of them.” I mutter feeling a chill deep in my body as I take a deep breath to scream, but instead I let out a blast of cold air with snow. “Snow?!”

The wolves were quickly frozen as I took another deep breath to test out my attack. It seemed that my emotions helped with using attacks. Fear seemed to trigger my Blizzard when I was afraid of the wolves. “I wonder what else I can try.” I looked at the list and picked another move to learn.

Over another few minutes I worked on learning how my new body moved, and even what attacks I had to work with. Turned out I have Shadow Ball, Night Slash, Razor Wind, Protect, Blizzard, Thunder, Flamethrower, and Shadow Claw. Not a bad mix really, and most of them are TM moves.

“Well, I better get going. Ponyville isn’t going to find me after all.” I said leaving the small clearing I made. A soft crash happens behind me as a few frozen Tiberwolves fall over from my Blizzard. “You boys may want to rethink jumping a girl when she’s learning attacks.” I chuckle heading into the forest.

I walk for a half hour before it starts to rain. With a grumble, I quickened my pace, making my way down a path I had found not too long ago. The soft rumble of a growl from my left makes me turn with a growl of my own. The Timberwolf ran off, but looked back at me like it wanted me to follow. I just snort running down the path hoping to find either a town, or someplace out of the rain. I never looked back to see if the wolf was following me, or if he brought friends.

Third View

The rain picked up as a few cloaked figures walked along the path away from town. Zecora was a little worried about the smoke that was coming from town, but she had two others to help that had it worse. Octavia Melody got a package with Poison Joke in it from a “fan”. Vinyl Scratch made sure to hand the package to the guard so they could find out who sent it. It was what the blue flower did to Octavia that was the most shocking.

“So what’s it like to be on two legs?” Vinyl asked with a scratchy voice. “You seem to be doing better now.”

Octavia sighed, trying to keep herself covered from the rain. “Let’s just say I can see the uses of this form, but not all of it.” She said with an English accent as she covered her new, very toned -and curvy- bipedal body. The mare couldn’t even figure out what the things on her chest were for. “I do like having hands the most. I could play so much easier with them.”

“Yeah, but you’d have to relearn how to work the strings.” Vinyl pointed out. “Be so worth it if we could find a way to both have a form like that. It reminds me of the female Minotaur that visited my club.”

“After I give her the antidote you seek. I can look into what you find so slick.” Zecora said with a small smirk.

The two mares thought about it before Vinyl shrugged. “Sure. I’ll look into a magical means as well.”

“That I do not mind this time.” Zecora said with a chuckle. “As my potions work very well, I fear for something like this. Even a transformation is hard to time.”

<Help! Pissed off big wolf after me!> Somebody yelled, but to the three mares it sounded more like. “Absol! Sol Absol sol ab Absol!”

The mares blinked when a white furred canine came running down the path with an alpha timberwolf right behind it. Octavia grabbed a nearby rock, one the size of travel trunk, and threw it at the wolf. “That was easier than I thought.” She thought as the rock crashed through the large wooden wolf, only for it to repair itself.

“Any ideas!” Vinyl yelled just before Octavia picked both her and Zecora up. “H-hey!”

<Great idea!> The white canine shouted, putting up a wall of light. <Now run for it!> She said before they had to dodge a huge wooden paw. <Zoinks!> The white canine barks before she’s knocked into the trees from the huge wooden paw swiping at the three mares. She didn’t move fast enough to dodge with them.

The Alpha seemed to smirk as it turned to the downed white dog. Another large rock shattered its muzzle as bottles broke across the right side of the chest and foreleg. Vinyl fired a fireball where the bottles hit and set it on fire. The mares were trying to drive the beast off as the unicorn added her magic to the fight. The wooden giant wolf howled in pain as it turned on the small group again.

“Any other ideas?” Vinyl asked as they started to back away from the snarling, fiery beast. “Because I’m out.”

Zecora shook her head as she was out of potions, and Octavia didn’t have anything else in reach to throw either. “Same. I think we better try running instead.” The Earth mare said before a soft glow came from where the white hound was thrown. “What’s that?”

A blast of electricity arched out, knocking the giant wolf off its paws. The white hound walked out of the bushes, limping. It breathed out a flurry of snow and freezing air that put out the fire. The attack also froze the Alpha in place as the white hound limped closer to it. The wind picked up as the curved horn on the right side of its head glowed as it pulled its head back. With a howl it throws its head forward, slashing with the horn, and sending a wave of glowing air that ripped the beast in half. She followed up the attack made up of rings of dark energy to finish breaking the body apart.

As the bits of wood started to roll off into the woods, the rain finally stopped. The white hound turned to the small group before closing its red eyes and falling over. The mares were at its side and saw red spread down the left foreleg.

Zecora checked over the hound. “Bring her with us. She saved our lives and now we must save hers.”

“I got her.” Octavia said gently picking the hound up. She felt Vinyl tap her leg. “Yes?”

“Think we can keep her, Octy? You know, to repay her for saving us?” Vinyl asked worry on her face for the hound.

Octavia nods her head. “Of course, but first we need to make sure she’s okay.” She followed Zecora at a quick pace in hopes they can help the odd hound.

Author's Note:

It's going to be a long road ahead, but fear not! I don't plan on using anthro ponies, but there is a surprise later with the Absol.:raritywink: