• Published 28th Jul 2012
  • 1,648 Views, 51 Comments

A Celestial Surrogate - Blueprint_



After finding a young colt, Celestia decides to adopt him but can she keep up?

  • ...
3
 51
 1,648

Chapter 1

Chapter 1
I felt a soft nudging along my side and a warm bubbly voice prodding me out of my deep slumber.

“Wake up little one” the distant voice prodded

I moved my head and opened one of my large sapphire eyes. My eyes met two very large purple irises; the face my brain attached to them was smiling softly at me.

“Good morning” the soft but regal voice said quietly

Thats when my brain went in to panic mode; the large cloud white alicorn waking me up was Princess Celestia herself! I sat up and reeled backwards in panic a small “eep” type sound emanating from my mouth.

Why am I here? Am I dreaming? What's going on?. Promptly after reeling backwards I fell off the edge of the bed in a tangle of sheets. I heard a small chuckle come from the princess as she approached and untangled me.

“What was a young colt such as yourself doing on the castle grounds so late last night just before I summoned dawn?” She questioned in good nature

My mind was blank and I trembled transitioning between tremble and vibrate.

“I-I am so sorry princess; I was trespassing, I know but I didn’t mean too. I was just looking for somewhere warm” I finally was able to stutter
Now I was just vibrating, terrified of the consequences that would unfold.

“Do not worry little one you are safe now, do you have a family you can return too?” Celestia questioned

I shook my head and started to back up slightly

“N-no your highness, I was taken a long time ago from my family and I do not believe they are...” A small tear ran down my face and yet Celestia used her hoof to wipe it away.

“I understand little one; may I know your name?” Celestia looked at me as I gave a small sob.

“My name is Blueprint, your highness” I looked away from her as I said my name

“Well young Blueprint, I will commend you on your magic abilities I did see how you were defending yourself from my royal guard. Your abilities seem not too far from my faithful student Twilight Sparkles'” She said with a small smile on her face.
the princess admiring me for my magic abilities?

“Rise little one and accompany me to the governing hall” She said as she took the scruff of my neck in her mouth and picked up to stand on my own hooves and turned away. Her mane was just a cotton candy pink and wasn’t flowing on the solar wind today nor did she bother putting on her crown or horseshoes.

I followed closely against her rear leg brushing against it occasionally. I was timid as we walked down the halls until a royal guard pony saw me.

“There is that little squirt! He gave us so much hassle last night” He shouted as he rushed toward me from down the hall.

I froze in place terrified and shook menacingly unknowing what to do I cast a shield spell in front of me. A shield appeared around me made of hexagonal shapes making up the entirety of the sphere and stopped the guard in his tracks before he could reach me even though he was only about a foot away. I let out a sob as I started to cry again out of fear of the guard.

“When you let that shield down colt I am going to show yo.....” Was all he was able to get out before a regal voice that I had heard this morning but not in a good tone now spoke silencing him

“Captain Storm-sky!, I will assume you were going to say that you were going to show “this colt” to the governing room because he had gotten separated from me” Celestia snapped at him glaring down at Storm-sky.
Storm-sky quickly backed up with his head down in embarrassment sputtering

“Yes princess, I meant no ill toward him”
She nodded and gave a final command “Good, now go attend to your proper duties”

“Yes princess” He stated and darted off down the hall.
I still had my shield unconsciously up and felt something press against it and she was talking softly again an apologetic look on her face.

“It is alright Blueprint, please lower your shield” She asked so I could take my time and didn’t demand that I did.
It took me a few moments but I lowered it and she nuzzled my neck softly.

“There is no need to cry, I am sorry for Storm-sky actions but I will notify my guard to not treat you as a hostile while you are here. Now come” I suddenly felt an aura of golden magic around me as I was levitated up onto her back.

I felt awkward standing up there so I sat on her back and looked around as we walked through the halls. So many paintings of her and princess luna, and so many guards around too. Not too much after my pondering two large dark stained cedar doors loomed over us emanating their age and prowess over everything. The doors themselves were opened by two guards and they looked at me with disdain. I did not remember the events of last night very much but rumor had it quite a few guards were quite bruised but not seriously injured from me.

Princess Celestia went and took her royal chair at the head of the governing room; as she sat I started to slide off of her back hanging from her back by my two hooves thus she helped my down with her wing after I almost fell off.

“To all members of the court, the first order of business is about our little trespasser here” She said with a smile in a lighthearted manner.

I backed up a little a blush across my face until I backed into her wing and suddenly all
the ponies of the courts eyes were on me.