• Published 28th Jul 2012
  • 1,648 Views, 51 Comments

A Celestial Surrogate - Blueprint_



After finding a young colt, Celestia decides to adopt him but can she keep up?

  • ...
3
 51
 1,648

Chapter 3

I awoke early the next day, the horizon just starting to brim with a warm orange glow. I had about twenty minutes before the sun peaked over the horizon. I was grateful for my dark colored coat and mane; it would make it easier to blend into the shadows. I trotted down the halls looking to and fro for any signs of the day or night guards. Maybe I caught them on shift change; or not. As i rounded the corner I collided with loud clunk of metal. The female guard pony looked down at me while i sat on my plot dazed.

"Are you alright?" She spoke softly with a gentle smile on her face leaning down to my level

"Erm.... Yes, i was trying to go to the observatory" I said while rubbing my skull.

"Its actually down this hall here to the left, then take your first right, and then third left" She said drawing out a map with magic infront of me.

I got up and started to follow directions, i had just made my first right when i ran into Captian Storm-sky.

"You!" He shouted as we were the only one in the hall.

Crap.

"Your not getting away this time; now that you dont have your surrogate to protect you" He growled taking a defensive stance.

More crap.

"Why cant you just leave me alone?" I questioned

"Because, you little runt. Your a pain in my flank" He growled yet again

I walked up to him staring at him directly in the eye.

"You cant touch me" I said

"The buck I cant" He countered as his hoof connected with my cheek

I was able to throw up my shield just in time to soften the blow but i was still sent skittering across the floor like a sack of potatoes. I lay there my cheek on fire. I felt it growing in me, the anger and power. I got up and reared up as he charged me and brought my hooves back to the marble floor two sets of blue sparks emanated from the contact each hoof step i took as i charged him. I cast a spell and a arc of blue magic whipped out and struck his metal plate denting it with tears running down my cheeks. I reared my head around causing the arc to hit his helmet and it threw him off balance staggering him. I was able to dodge him and run around him, i kept running down the halls until i skidded to a stop panting infront of two large metal doors with an hourglass enscribed in the center. I arrived. I tried to nudge the door open but it wouldnt budge, i tried using magic and it still wouldnt budge.

What a waste, I make it all the way down here and I cant get in!. Well to make the most of my morning I'll go up into the observatory.

With a huff and moving my mane out from my face with my breath I truged over to the observatory door and pushed it open.
Letting my anger subside I trotted up the steps and sat on the dais watching the sun rise.

Tia makes it looks so beautiful in the morning, I wonder if i can help!. I guess I could go through the royal library and read up on combat magic and defensive magic in case of anymore alterations with Captian Storm-sky.

Getting up while swishing my tail I turned around and trotted down the stairs and out the door; turning to the left I followed the only signs which were markings in the posts of a set of stars to the royal library and the Star Swirl the bearded wing which meant I had to cross the gardens of the castle.

The gardens loomed infront of me, guard ponies everywhere. Instead of trying to be stealthy I casually walked up to the front of the library and looked at both the guard ponies who paid me no attention. Maybe i was too short for them to notice? I walked between them and walked into the library.

I had figured I was going to be stopped.

I knew very little magic, what i did pick up was from the other ponies I had met before. Which were few and far between but i did pick up one or two spells here or there. Walking through the library I started to pick out books such as "The Psychology and Secrets of Pegasi", "Combat Magic 101" and "Defensive Magic 101". There were a few others I set on my back. Noting that i would need a saddle bag soon. I found a table and set all of my current books on it; my back now empty I searched for an illusions book. I trotted down the aisles for "I" once found I searched and searched for any book regarding illusions and was out of luck. I stamped my front hoof down and what happend next I wouldnt believe for it had never happened before. Suddenly the entire row of "I" turned dark blue and white lines covered it. I did not understand what it was or how I created it. I never had created anything like that before. I leaned inwards and touched it with the tip of my horn and it rippled like a disturbed pool of water.

It looked like nothing had happend until my brain started to process the titles and positions of all the books on the shelf that had the word "Illusion" in it. The field went away and I still knew where those books where so I used my weak levitation to pull it off the shelf where it then dropped uncerimoneously onto the floor.

"The Art of Illusions and Hiding". The title seemed useful so i picked it up with my teeth and it pulled me forward. This book was plain heavy but was serving its purpose. So i began to drag the book toward the table. Until a aura of green magic envoloped it and lifted the book and me into the air.

"Good evening, I am Quill. The head librarian" Stated quill a dark green coated unicorn.

I let the book go and dropped back to the floor.

"It appears you are having trouble, let me help you. I can and will have these" She paused. "Interesting selections sent to Princess Celestias room for you." She said and suddenly all of the books i had picked out dissapeared.

"Now it would be best if you got going, before I have to clean up the library"

I got going, thanking Ms. Quill for sending those books off for me and bolted toward Tias' room.