• Published 28th Jul 2012
  • 1,648 Views, 51 Comments

A Celestial Surrogate - Blueprint_



After finding a young colt, Celestia decides to adopt him but can she keep up?

  • ...
3
 51
 1,648

Chapter 4

"Stop!" A guards pony shouted

"Hey!" Another shouted

I kept running.

I must get to the room!

I burst through the doors and ran right into a purple flank causing us to both crash into a heap. A small giggle emanated from Celestia. I groaned and rubbed my head with a hoof and stood up shaking my head trying to clear it. I trotted over briskly to celestia and nuzzled her soft and warm coat she kissed my forehead lightly to dispell the pain.

Twilight stood up and looked Celestia and I over an inquisitve look on her face.

"I had heard about you adopting a colt princess" Twilight said putting on her glasses lowering her head down to my level and looked me over

"Indeed you did, I had sent a letter explaining to you that I would require your assistance in his magical training." Celestia said smiling. "However since you arrived so unexpectedly, i would assume you havent read the letter yet"

Twilight nodded "My apologies princess, but if you wish we can start his training whenever you like"

Celestia looked down at me. "Would you like Ms. Sparkle to be your mentor in teaching you magic?"

I had read about Ms. Sparkle and all of the things she has acomplished. She was number one in the dueling crowd and was the element of magic!. I sat star struck.

"My personal mentor?" I stammered

Celestia nodded.

"I....uh...I" I blushed unable to speak

"I believe what Blueprint is saying is that he would love for you to teach him" Celestia spoke for me

"It would be an honor princess" Twilight said bowing slightly

"There is no such need for formalities Twilight" Celestia said matter of factly

"When do we start, princess?" Twilight looked a bit confused

"Now, I had heard about your run in with the captian this morning Blueprint. So I deem that it is a good time for you to learn" Celestia pushed me forward with her nuzzle softly

"Lets go then" Twilight said and a sudden crack of air we were sucked into space and time and popped back out inside of a glass dome.

"Welcome my student to the Dueling arena" Twilight spoke with a smile a hint of pride in her voice.

"I will teach you everything you need to know and then some" She monolouged while i sat quietly listening intently

"First things first, lets test your ability. I will be taking notes." She spoke as she cast apparitions of herself standing infront of me.

"Yes Ms. Sparkle." I said

"First, Defensive magic" She said as one of the apparitions stepped forward.

"Ready?" She asked

I nodded and readied myself unsure of what was to come. Suddenly a bolt of magic came flying toward me, I threw up my shield and watched it rebound sliding back slightly with each hit. Twilight took notes.

"Retaliate!" She yelled. "You must learn to defend and retaliate simeultaniously"

I snorted and used conjured up my whip and struck at the apparition which side stepped the attack.
I saw my pile of books on the floor. If I can do that thing again like i did to that book shelf maybe I can do that to learn books! As it dawned on me I sprinted toward the aparition and slid under its hooves as it reared up to engage me in hoof to hoof combat. Sprinting past twilight I tackled the book and rolling with it and using my magic to try to conjure up that ability again stamping my hoof in frustration as I had to hold up my shield to hold off my attacker. Suddenly the book turned blue and pulsed with white lines and i jerked my head back as my mind was filled with the entirety of the book. I stood stunned for a moment my brain having to reset itself to process all of the information. Once i opened my eyes again I stared at the apparition and let loose a blast of concussive force slamming and dispersing the first apparition. Apparently the book I picked at random was "Combat Magic 101".

I walked over to the rest of the books and devoured them with my ability until Twilight touched my shoulder.

"Blueprint that ability of yours is extraordinary!" She exclaimed

"Is it my special talent?" I question a smile on my face my tail twitching with excitement.

"Possibly but ive never seen a pony do something like that before especially use and conjure magic without their horn." She said a gleeful expression on her face.

Suddenly a ring was placed around my horn.

"This will stop you from being able to use your horn, you seem adept at conjuring that low classification whip. Try it" She said. I felt like a guinapig. I stopped for a second contemplating it and clapped my hooves together pulling them apart I noticed a white strand between them flickering and I stared at it harder and it seemed to flicker back into life and I dropped my other hoof and let it hang from one hoof, This was definitly new to me. I bit the strand and pulled on it, it stretched like it normally did.

"So interesting!" She was giddy with excitement.
She also started writing down detailed notes into her floating notebook.

"Can i take off this ring now? It makes me feel funny" I looked up at her a slight pout on my lip. She obliged and removed it setting it back into a wooden box.

"So your spell or natural talent you have lets you know the information of the book entirely without reading it?" She quiped

I nodded "Ive always been able to do it when I was upset but its easier to do now" I replied.

"That would make sense since younger unicorns are known for having fits of random emotional magic" She said, which I didnt argue with because her knowledge base rivaled that of the royal library. I suddenly felt a warm tingling sensation over my body and lavender aura covered me.

"I am scanning you for any abnormalities" She said in my state of confusion

I simply just sat there and let her.

"You seem to have some learning disabilities and a genetic abnormality that does seem to affect you that much even though im not sure what it changed. So you are healthy but I think for today your training is done and I have much to read about. Its getting late so I will accompany you to the dining hall" She said with her usual tone of enjoyment.

The apparitions dissapeared and so did the books as we walked through the doors and into the courtyard. Suddenly there was a loud thump behind me as a pegasus landed behind us.

"Twilight sparkle and Blueprint, you both have been requested to make haste to the dining hall for dinner" Said the dark blue armor wearing guards pegasi.

We both nodded.

"We were already on route to the dining hall, sir" Twilight responded

"Understoond Ms. Sparkle, I will report back to the princess" He said giving a salute.

While he was saluting I ventured over to study his wings until my horn touched it and a faint spark connected with it.

I froze.

Terrified.

I let out a whimper before I cried out in pure pain.