• Published 9th Jun 2018
  • 3,227 Views, 78 Comments

New Beginnings: Bluebelle - Bloobweez



Six years ago, Anon woke up in Equestria as a foal. Nowadays, he turned she is just trying to live her life one day at a time while trying to fit in.

  • ...
12
 78
 3,227

Setting the Stage: After School Club

There are moments in time where the tension in the air could almost quite literally be cut with a knife. When everyone present is ready to act but is waiting for whatever the signal for it could be. This could be anything from a sergeant giving the order to charge, to someone sneezing, or in this case the ringing of a bell. Just as it started to ring you could already see ponies leaping out of their seats for the door, hoping desperately to be the first out of the room so that they could navigate the gauntlet that was the hallway at the end of the day. While most of the rest of the school turned into a mosh pit, you instead opted to continue sitting at your desk and put your things away. You assumed it condemned you to permanently being a book nerd for the rest of the year but on some level it annoyed you seeing how easy these kids had grasped what were literal basics that were also giving you issues. Damn ESL status.... Wait holy shit you actually were an ESL student, an Equestrian Second Language student... god just kill me now.

By the time you got your books away, the rest of the class had filed out leaving just you and Ms. Dreams who was buried into a book of her own.

Still, you offered her a wave and a "See you tomorrow," which grabbed her attention.

"Actually, Blue, if you have a moment, I'd like to ask you some things."

Pausing in your exit, you turned back to her and shrugged your saddlebag off before hopping back up into your seat, "Sure thing."

Since you decided to instantly sit down and presumably because she didn't want to shout back and forth across the room, Ms. Dreams came over to your desk, "I've been noticing you lagging behind for some parts of class, while excelling in other parts..." Damn, was she onto you? "Do you have anything specific that you feel you need more help with?"

You shook your head negatively in response before clarifying, "There's a couple of letters I'm still having trouble with but I'm working on it. It's just taking a bit for it to 'click,' I guess."

She looked at you with some concern on her face and you recognized the look all too well, you were talking like a college student more than an elementary student. "Right, well, if you do need any help, feel free to see me after class and we can work on it together."

Hoping to leave with a better perception in her mind, you thought for a moment before channeling your inner Pinkie Pie and hopped off the chair, "Okie dokie, Loki. See ya tomorrow Miss Dreams." She seemed more at ease after that, so you scooped up your saddlebags and trotted out the door, through the school version of the white phosphorus scene from Spec Ops: The Line, and out the front doors to find Star Light waiting for you impatiently at the base of the stairs.

"What took you so long, we gotta get home or else our parents are gonna be worried!"

You had to roll your eyes as you made your way down, "Please, I was only in there for like a minute longer than usual."

She moved right up into your face, her eyes mere inches from yours, "That's one, whole, minute longer before we're home!" You were pretty sure she was joking... But it was Star... So you honestly had no idea.

Deciding to go middle of the line, you made a show of clearing your throat before replying, "Actually it's one minute and thirty seconds thanks to this conversation we're having."

She gasped and covered her mouth with her hooves, glancing around paranoid. You had a chuckle at that. "Anyway, let's head home before we waste even more time," you said, making the last three words sound more like a threat than an off handed comment.

Star nodded and gave another glance around before hopping after you, and for the most part your trip back home was as usual. By the time the two of you crossed the first street Star was back to talking your head off about all of the things that happened in school, you know all of those things that you were present for, as well as trying to make plans on things to do after she'd finished her homework. Some of the other students were getting together to play games in the park and Star wanted to join in, you didn't really want to but you couldn't come up with any excuses so that was ultimately what was decided upon. Who knows, maybe you could convince them to play Jailbreak, though you'd probably not be as good at hiding as you were in middle school now that you were blue. But hey, come next round of middle school you'll probably be able to actually fly and can then just hide on top of a tree! Take that, mudhorses.

Once you two had made it to your floor of the apartment building, you each went to your respective apartments to see your respective parents. Walking through your door, you tried to call out "Mom, Dad, I'm home!" but before you could even finish the word Mom you were quickly scooped up into a hug by Dad which turned the 'Dad, I'm home' part into a shriek.

"Blue!" he shouted

"AAAAAAAH" you replied in the most dignified way possible.

"AAAAAAAH" he responded in turn.

Finally Mom had enough and walked into what one could call the foyer, "Jeez, do you two need to do that every day? I'm surprised the neighbors haven't called the police on us yet."

Dad gently landed back onto the floor, setting you down, and looked off to the side, a bit embarrassed while you just giggled. It was a strange tradition you two had and you honestly weren't sure how it started, but every day you came home from school, dad would always find some way to startle you.

"I swear, some days I feel like I've got two fillies to look after," Mom muttered aloud as she walked back to the living room.

With it just being the two of you again, he looked down at you, "So, how was school?"

"School," you both said in unison.

"One of these days you're going to have something different to say about your day and when it finally comes, I will be waiting to pounce."

"So how was work?"

"Oh, the usual." He said, making his way to the kitchen and you following, "We had to move some rain clouds over to Ponyville so they can grow their crops and we'll probably end up with rain here by the end of the week."

"Aaaand why exactly do we need rain again?" you asked for about the thousandth time as dad grabbed an apple and bit into it.

"It helps keep the sewer systems working and let's us get rid of the rain clouds without drowning any crops," he replied for about the thousandth time in between bites.

"Right, I'll be sure to forget that and ask again once it's actually raining here."

For once it was dad's turn to groan and roll his eyes, "Don't you have homework you could be doing?"

"Yeah, but, now bear with me dad... I could do it now, ooooor, I could do it tomorrow after Star wakes me up."

"Hmm, true... Or you could do it now," he said after taking a moment to think it over.

"Hey wait, I thought mom was supposed to be the bossy one around here!"

"Nah, she's on her vacation time so now I have to be bossy."

"Ah ffffar fig newton." Nice save there.

"Yeah yeah, you can get a snack once you're done your homework. Now get to it, missy."

Grumbling, you shrugged off your saddlebag then tossed it up onto the kitchen table and pulled out your books and started cracking down on your homework. Dad made sure to enjoy his apple to the fullest until you had actually started doing homework at which point he left to join mom in the living room, and while you had the idea of just stopping after he left, you always had a hard time of actually getting motivated enough to start doing homework so it was probably for the best that you continued it now that you had already started it. Of course, before starting the homework proper, you first focused in on those damned hoof print characters.

Author's Note:

At some point these updates start getting longer, I swear. Also I'm getting close to finishing another story I'm working on so I'll be able to resume this one and, y'know, not run out of content before August.