• Published 9th Jun 2018
  • 3,227 Views, 78 Comments

New Beginnings: Bluebelle - Bloobweez



Six years ago, Anon woke up in Equestria as a foal. Nowadays, he turned she is just trying to live her life one day at a time while trying to fit in.

  • ...
12
 78
 3,227

Setting the Stage: Schoolhouse Rock

"So what do you think we got for lunch?"

"Probably sandwiches. You know, like every day?"

"Wanna trade?"

"We have the same sandwich."

"Yeah but I like yours better!"

Ugh... Sometimes you thought Star might have been a literal puppy in a previous lifetime. At least once you two got to class she'd be a bit more quiet than usual. While teachers may always tell students to be quiet and good students always listen to teachers, it's kind of hard for kids to actually be quiet for longer than five minutes. Walking along the sidewalk, the morning was just as busy as it usually was, with carriages going along the streets, crossing guards shepherding fillies and colts towards the school. You could spy a couple of your classmates up ahead and glanced back at Star to make sure she was still going on about the difference in quality of your sandwiches so that you'd have just the slight delay before having to deal with the class. Luckily she was still at how much of the crust was cut off from your sandwiches compared to hers so it'd likely be just the two of you until you got to the school proper.

Looking across the street, you spotted the trio of ponies that you absolutely dreaded from lunch. They were all unicorns and they all thought themselves as above everyone else in the school because they were unicorns. It took a lot of restraint to not buck their teeth in sometimes, but you managed with just witty banter. They weren't even the only unicorns in the school, fuck not even the only unicorns in their own class. They were just a bunch of uptight little shits for the sake of being uptight little shits.

"Hey there little fillies," said Sunshine Mist, the crossing guard.

"Hi Miss Mist!" Star basically shouted at her usual speaking volume and you paused as you finally realized it. She was the lead singer of the Talking Heads. It wasn't Billy Mays volume of speaking in caps lock but it was definitely shout speaking.

"Is Blue trapped inside her head again?" Mist asked, bringing you back from singing Once In A Lifetime to yourself.

"Yup yup, she always is!"

Mist ruffled your mane with her hoof, "I know you're a pegasus, but you gotta keep your head outta the clouds there Blue."

You had to groan and roll your eyes, "Always a master of puns, Miss Mist."

She smiled, "Hey you're one of the few ponies who actually gets them. Now get on to school, don't wanna be late!"

She held the stop sign up allowing the two of you to cross without worry from any of the carriages while Star had to ask, "Puns?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

"That's your answer for everything!" Star groaned.

You had a snicker as you replied, "Yeah, don't worry about it." With a furrowed brow, Star bumped your flank with hers, making you laugh as you crossed the street. She wasn't having any of it though and gave you a second, harder bump, as you reached the school.

Still laughing, you made your way up the stairs and as you pushed the door open for her, you found it wasn't her but the grey unicorn from the trio heading in after cutting her off.

"About time you started treating us properly," he said with a scoff. Furrowing your brow you stepped out, and with no one holding the door it started to close in on him until he jumped out of the way.

With a gasp the other two, still outside, looked at you as though you'd just personally insulted their children... you know, if they had children that is, "What is wrong with you?"

With a quick glance back at Star who had taken cover behind you, you replied back, "Hey, I'm not the one who's pushing ponies out of the way."

"Well, maybe if she wasn't in the way he wouldn't have needed to push her."

Grinding your teeth, you dropped your head and stamped a hoof, adopting an aggressive stance, "Yeah well maybe next time I'll push back."

The white unicorn scoffed, "Figures you'd want to fight. Just proving that unicorns are the best ponies." With that, she made a show of opening the door with her horn and stepped inside followed by the last member of the trio, the pink filly, both with their heads held high.

As they left, you called after them, "Yeah, run away, I'll show you who the best ponies are..." As the door swung closed, you turned back to Star, "Hey, are you okay?"

She nodded her head as she slunk out from behind you, "Y-Yeah, but I think I might have smushed my lunch..." You weren't sure if she'd planned it or not, but you had to relent...

With a sigh, you had to ask, "... Wanna trade lunches?" It seemed to work as she smiled and the two of you went inside, making your way to class.

Upon arrival, you two took your seats, which luckily had some distance from one another, and while Star was a social butterfly, you mostly kept to yourself, working on your hand... well hoofwriting. All of these other kids seemed to have it down better than you, but that was probably because they weren't also unlearning twenty plus years of experience using fingers to do this shit. So in order to close the gap between them and you, you had to put in the extra time writing whenever you could manage, and doing your best to avoid talking to kids meant you were killing two birds with one stone. Of course, once you finally mastered the new alphabet, you'd have to really start downplaying your intelligence every so often, you wouldn't want to raise any red flags as a filly that can do scientific notation, if that's a thing in Equestria. As you continued writing, you eventually realized the room had gotten quiet, and by the time you realized it, you also noticed the shadow from the lights on your desk.

Looking up at the mare, you cracked a smile, "Hiya Miss Dreams."

She seemed to look past you and at the paper you were writing on, "I appreciate you practicing, but I would rather you pay attention to me when class starts," she said.

The class made a collective "Ooooooh" noise as she returned to the front of the room.

"Right right, sorry Miss Dreams." That was your teacher, you'd overheard some of the teachers talking and learned her full name was Autumn Dreams, and she was nice enough. Honestly pretty... Well, pretty, as far as ponies go, with an autumn orange coat and autumn brown mane.

"Today class, we'll start by working on our vocabulary words and then move to math, so take out your homework and we'll start with Amber Jewel..."

Author's Note:

Tah dah. I have done a posting. Look at them plot hooks dropping, ooOOooOOooOOooOOo so mysterious. Sorry to those of you looking forward to it, and good news for those of you not looking forward to it, but the next update is going to be after the school day. I've gone through school already and am not eager to trudge up those memories.