• Published 3rd Jun 2018
  • 448 Views, 33 Comments

Paranormal Equestria - FandomPlays1234



A mare with Psychic Powers, a stallion practicing Necromancy, a unicorn with dark magic, and a Ouija Board does not make a good matchup

  • ...
 33
 448

Chapter 1: The faceless man

That next day Luna had took Mind Reader to visit Nurse Redheart to examine the marks on her neck. After 30 minutes of waiting in the E.R. lobby Nurse Redheart called in Luna, Grave, and Black Magic into the room.

"I'm sorry to say but this is unbelievable, none of our doctors can figure out who these marks belong to," apologized nurse Redheart.

"Please there has to be some sort of explanation," said Luna.

"Unfortunately there really is no clue on how those marks got there," said Redheart.

"I'm sorry child, but it looks like we can't help you this time around," said Luna.

"It's fine, thanks for trying," said Mind.

"But really, who could've done something like this?" asked Grave.

"I tell you it's that damn board!" growled Black Magic.

"What board?" asked Grave.

"This!" growled Black Magic pulling out the board that Mind was using last night.

"Is this?" asked Luna.

"What is this?" asked Grave.

"I believe that is a Ouija Board," answered a voice. The five turned around to see stallion with blue coat walking up to them. His horn stuck out of his black mane and had K2 meter as his cutie mark. He had an eye patch over his left eye while his right exposed the shining green color.

"Um sorry who are you?" asked Mind.

"My name is Spectral, but my friends call me Specs, I'm a paranormal investigator," answered the stallion.

"Oh Mr. Specs I didn't see you there," said Nurse Redheart. Specs walked past Redheart and walked over to Mind. He inspected her neck and scratched his chin. After 5 minutes Specs nodded.

"Hmm yes no doubt about it," said Specs.

"What is it?" asked Luna.

"Your friend here, it's no doubt that a paranormal entity is responsible for inflicting harm on her," answered Specs.

"How can you tell?" asked Black Magic.

"Mind Reader was it?" asked Specs. "You said that you used this Ouija Board last night correct?" asked Specs. Mind nodded.

"Wait a what board?" asked Grave.

"An Ouija Board, a dangerous game played in order to contact the dead, it is said that many who have played with the Ouija Board have experienced terrifying moments in their lives after trying to reach out to the fallen," answered Specs.

"And I assume this time was no different?" asked Luna.

Specs nodded,"Did you notice anything strange after playing with the Ouija Board?" Specs asked Mind.

"Aside from a nightmare nothing in particular," answered Mind.

"Can you briefly explain that nightmare to me?" asked Specs. So Mind explained everything from the dark void, to the doll, and the pony zombies.

"So you say, that this doll strangled you last night?" asked Specs. Mind nodded. Specs scratched his chin before answering,"It's just a theory but my guess is that doll that attacked you was being possessed by some sort of demonic entity,"

"A possessed doll?" asked Redheart.

"Yes, when it strangled you, it wasn't the doll that committed the act but the demon possessing it," answered Specs.

"Now that you think about it does make sense," said Grave.

"Tell me why were you using a Ouija Board in the first place?" asked Specs.

"My father disappeared when I was still a filly, I was hoping that maybe I could contact his spirit to see if he was ok," answered Mind.

"You wouldn't happen to have a photo you could show me would you?' asked Specs. Mind pulled out a picture of an old stallion standing in a field in front of a forest, and handed it to Specs. He took the picture and examined the photo for a while. "Say who's that with your father?" asked Specs.

"Huh I don't know what you're talking about, my father is alone in that photo," Mind answered in a confused tone. Specs returned the picture and pointed at something in the photo.

"Who's that then?" asked Specs. When Mind looked at the picture she didn't notice any changes until she noticed something odd. Behind her father in the background near the entrance of the forest, she could notice a human like figure standing there. It was wearing a suit and looked a lot taller than an average human and had multiple black tentacles protruding from behind it. But the thing that made her skin crawl was the fact that this human was faceless. There was no facial features except the blank white head.

"What....but that's....no.......there's no way......." said Mind.

"Is something wrong?" asked Redheart. Mind passed the photo to the other four so they could see. The looks on all four faces clearly showed the fear they were feeling at that moment.

"What is that?" asked Grave.

"That's not normal," said Black Magic.

How terrifying," said Luna. Nurse Redheart didn't say anything but was clearly shaken by what she was seeing. Whatever that creature was, obviously it didn't belong in the photo. It only made it worse considering that this was a black and white photo of Mind's father smiling. Grave returned the photo back to Mind as she slipped it back into her bag.

"It seems you all saw what that thing was correct?" asked Specs. All five nodded.

"But how, my father was the only one during that time and I didn't have this photo edited at any given time," said Mind.

"It's just a theory, but if I had to guess, that creature must've been brought into this world from the paranormal portal that was opened somewhere in Equestria after you used the Ouija Board," said Specs.

"Paranormal Portal?" asked Redheart.

"I guess I forgot to mention, but when somepony uses the Ouija Board, the user is technically using it to open a gateway that blocks off our world from the paranormal world," answered Specs. "By using the Ouija Board, the user is letting the paranormal enter our world by opening the gates and summoning a portal,"

"Ok so I get that a portal was opened after Mind used the board, but what was the entity that attacked Mind?" asked Grave.

"There are many malevolent spirits that could've been responsible for the marks,but from the shape and size of the mark, I could only narrow it down to a single entity," answered Specs.

"Who?" asked Black Magic.

"His name is Black Skull," answered Specs.

"Black Skull?" asked Luna.

"Black Skull is said to be one of the many Grim Reapers that works for the devil himself," answered Specs. "He is a malevolent spirit said to be responsible for taking the souls of many innocent ponies,"

"Taking souls?" asked Grave swallowing hard.

"Black Skull is said to feed off the fear of the living and it is also stated in legends that he will hunt down victims until they are dead," said Specs. "He has the ability to shape shift, mimic the voice of others, possess ponies or objects, and even appear in dreams or nightmares to try and convince certain individuals that he considers are worthy to carry out his bidding, but he is most easily distinguishable from the black cloak he wears and the giant scythe he carries around with his skeletal hands, his skull is said be enveloped in ominous blue flames and every time his eyes flash red, it's a sign that warns the living that he's found his next victim,"

"How horrifying," said Grave.

"Luna I'm scared," whimpered Mind.

"Don't worry child, I won't let him take you," said Luna.

"Is there any way we can stop Black Skull?" asked Black Magic.

"If the legends are to be trusted, then he should be incredibly weak in places where sources of light is at it's best," answered Specs.

"Then all we have to do is shine light at him if he were to show up easy as that," said Graves.

"I would watch my mouth if I were you, Black Skull isn't stupid, he knows when he's at a disadvantage, the only way you can strike at him is by outsmarting him," said Specs.

"Great and just when I thought it can't get any worse," groaned Black Magic.

"At any rate we must be sure Black Skull doesn't get to Mind Reader," said Luna. Both Graves and Black Magic nodded their heads in agreement.

"Allow me to go back with you, you'll need all the knowledge you can get," said Specs.

"We're counting on you," said Luna. The five thanked Nurse Redheart and made their way back to the castle. For the majority of the trip, Mind Reader couldn't get the image of the creature out of her head.

Author's Note:

Chapter 1 complete. Whoa it's getting creepy already. So now we learned that the one responsible for attacking Mind Reader is the Grim Reaper Black Skull. But why would he be interested in Mind Reader? Maybe she has something he wants, or could it be to terrorize her for no reason? Either way it was her mistake to play with the Ouija Board. And now because of her mistake she summoned the clearly obvious Slender Man into Equestria. Hopefully Luna and the others can find the paranormal portal and close it before things can get out of control.