• Published 8th Jun 2018
  • 5,695 Views, 183 Comments

From a Mirror to Canterlot High - mattchilly



Being a fan of Legend of Zelda I was ecstatic when my younger brother Mike knowing this got me a copy of Hyrule Warriors Legends from a garage sale and now I'm a teenage version of Midna, but hey at least I'm not cursed.

  • ...
16
 183
 5,695

Chapter 7: First Dungeon Final Part

Author's Note:

shorter chapter but man am I glad that this dungeon's done. Once again thanks' for your patients. Here's hoping I can keep this going lol

When Midna awoke she found her back leaning against the cold stone wall, her head on Sunset’s shoulder, “Look who’s finally awake,” Sunset said with a small smile.

“... You’re not going to let me forget this are you?” Midna asked as she got up and stretched, her back facing Sunset to hide her small blush.

“Would you?” Sunset replied, her smirk evident in her voice.

“Touché,” Midna sighed, “So how long was I out?”

“Don’t know,” Sunset replied, “At least an hour, maybe two.”

“So we’ve both had a chance to rest then,” Midna said as she cricked her neck, “Good. If the Mini Boss was that bad, I’m now dreading the Boss of this place.”

“Did that ever stop us in the games?” Sunset asked.

“Nope!” Midna replied, “Time to beeline to the boss, kick ass and get my mirror back!”

As the two continued through the dungeon, they found that Midna was able to wield the hammer, however she needed her hair-hand along with her normal arms. As they explored the part that unsettled them the most were a couple Pony skeletons that had been locked in an empty room with what they thought were blood stains on the floor around the skeletons.

“... Shimmy some really fucked up shit happened here if these two were just locked in here,” Midna said as they closed the door.

“Considering the cages in the golem room, what the thief told, us and now this… no shit sherlock!” Sunset replied, “Let’s just finish this and get back. I’m so freaking done with this place it’s not even funny.”

About halfway to the Boss room, Midna had to use her hair hand to reach up to the ceiling to pull a lever that opened the door, skipping the entire room puzzle. This annoyed the thief so much they said “Would you stop using your manus capillorum already?!”

“... was that Latin?” Sunset asked, “Because that sounded Latin to me.”

“I… think it was,” Midna replied, “and considering what I just did… I guess it means ‘hair hand’ or something like that.”

“You’re not gonna stop are you?” Sunset asked with a smirk.

“Why would I?” Midna snickered, “It helps and we’ve been here long enough!”

“Agreed,” Sunset said with a firm nod, “Decent name for that skill though.”

“Meh,” Midna said as they made their way to the room where the boss key was, “Might as well call it ‘Mage Hand’ and be done with it.”

“... I didn’t know you knew about DND,” Sunset said, “We should get a game together once we’re back home.”

“... I’m going to regret making that joke aren’t I?” Midna asked before using her new Magic Hammer to squish a Shadow Bulblin.

“Most likely,” Sunset snickered, “You’d be surprised at how mean Fluttershy can be when she’s a DM.”

“... It’s always the quiet ones,” Midna sighed, “They’re either secretly kinky, sadistic or both,” Sunset just nodded, knowing how much Fluttershy loved to manipulate the party with Succubi and was scarily good at roleplaying one.

When they reached the boss key room, the two found a circular room, with a large black, chest with gold lines on it in the center. Looking around, the only enemies they saw were purple slimes that slowly made their way around the room in random patterns, “A boss key… guarded by Purple Chu… I don’t know if I should be glad or insulted!” Midna said.

“Oh just take it and let’s go,” Sunset replied, “Or do you want a fight with the golem again?”

“Oh hell no!” Midna replied with a look of fear on her face before running for the chest, “Grabbing the key!” Opening the chest Midna reached in and pulled out a large key with the top part resembling a bat, with a sun crest on one side, and moon on the other, “Now time to find that thief, ” Midna said as she dropped the key into her shadow.

“To the boss room!” Sunset cheered. Once outside the boss room the two took a deep breath, “Ready Midna?”

Midna hefted the hammer over her shoulder, “Let’s get my mirror back!” Upon opening the door the room was lit by a few floating candles that only illuminated the center of the room and the two saw two glass containers, one held Midna’s mirror, the other much to their surprise, had a piece of the Fused Shadow, “... and now we know the source of all this.”

“Indeed,” Turning the two saw a female unicorn with a light yellow coat, dark purple eyes, and her main was mostly amaranth red, with purple and grey/violet highlights, and wearing a dark purple robe with silver arcane runes, and simple black rimmed glasses walk out of the shadows. Turning the unicorn looked at the Fused Shadow, “An odd stone wouldn’t you agree? It’s full of some unknown magical power and it resonates with the power held within this mirror, and since I have both, perhaps I’ll be able to figure out how to use it...”

“Can we just get past the monologue, get to the fight so I can get my stuff back?” Midna asked, “TLDR, you’re corrupted by dark magic and we’re going to beat it out of you.”

The unicorn scoffed, “Corrupted? I think not. But if you’re so insistent on dying I’ll gladly oblige you!” Shooting a beam at the case holding the Fused Shadow, the Unicorn then levitated the Fused Shadow over to her and was engulfed in shadows and her form twisted and grew until the shadows faded revealing that the unicorn was now an eight foot tall human woman, her hair now in two large ponytails that went down to her legs, her horn replaced with a tiara with a large black crystal as it’s centerpiece and two black cloths in the shape of a horse’s head facing each other draping down from the tiara to cover her face, leaving only her mouth bare. Her robe had grown to fit her new body, the runes now glowing slightly as they moved across the robe like the stars move over the sky. A dark aura emanated from the woman as she opened her eyes, her eyes glowing a malicious garnet red.

The woman raised a hand glass around Midna’s mirror and the glass shards on the floor vanished. Moving towards the mirror, Midna yelled, “Aww hell no!” Raising her hand the mirror flew from the surprised woman’s fingers and into Midna’s waiting hand, the magic in the mirror seemed to sing as it touched the magic of its owner, “No one uses my mirror without my permission!” As she spoke the mirror started to float behind her.

The woman scowled, “I am Moon Dancer the Twilit Arcane Weaver, and I shall remove you to continue my research!” At this the crystal lights of the room burst into life revealing a huge chamber similar to the one the two had fought the golem in only this time some of the cages had skeletons in them, a couple had the metal bars bent outwards showing that what had been inside, had somehow escaped, while in others glowing red eyes moved before the skeletal head of what Sunset recognized as a Hydra slammed into the bars before slinking back into the darkness.

“Oh noticed the room’s old occupants have you?” Moon Dancer asked as she threw a small ball of fire at the two, who ducked… well Sunset did at least. Minda swung the hammer like a baseball bat, sending the fireball back at Moon Dancer twice as fast, hitting her in the chest, “Ooff, annoying pest.”

“Hi Pot, name’s Kettle,” Midna snarked.

Moon Dancer sneered as she floated high into the air, her mask one of the constellations on her dress lit up, creating a spectral cloud with sparks shooting out of it appeared moments before a large four winged eagle flew out of it, letting out a screech as it stretched its wings, bolts of lighting shooting down from the tips of it’s feathers.

“SHIT!” Midna and Sunset yelped as they both threw up a hand creating a dome of dark purple and bright red energy, moments before the bolt of lighting crashed down onto the dome. The two grunted as the electricity washed over the dome until it dissipated leaving bright blue lines in the purple and red dome, “That was too close!”

“You’re telling me!” Sunset replied, “Hey remember how that golem fought with channeling magic through the hammer?”

“Don’t know what other options we have… let’s do it!” Midna replied and started to channel magic into the hammer until the metal started to turn back. Slamming the hammer down and moments later the shadows under Moon Dancer erupted out like water as a large black orb burst out of the ground and shot at the sorceress.

“That won’t work!” Moon Dancer yelled as a different constellation lit up creating a large kite shield which blocked the orb of magic, “It’s far to predictable.”

“Predictable eh?” Midna said before an impish grin spread over her lips before channeling magic into the hammer again, “How about this then?” Slamming the hammer down another black orb half the size of the last one rocketed towards Moon Dancer.

Recreating her shield Moon Dancer scoffed, “That didn’t work the first time it won’t wor…. GAH!” Moon Dancer crashed into the ground as an identical orb that came from above hit her in the back. Slamming the hammer down again Midna created pitch black chains which burst out of the ground like a snake and tied Moon Dancer down, “Let me...go!” Moon Dancer growled as she struggled against the chains.

“How about no,” Midna replied as Sunset raced forward to rip the mask off her face revealing the upper half had become an empty void with two beads of light as eyes.

“Creepy,” Sunset said before punching Moon Dancer in the face a few times before catching a club Midna tossed over and slamming that into her back.

“I said… Let… Me… GO!” Moon Dancer roared the glow of her eyes and the light crystals lighting up nearly blinding Sunset and Midna, as Moon Dancer vanished, repairing high above the center of the arena, “Now DIE!” This time a group of wolf constellations appeared.

“Two can play that game!” Sunset said as she jumped back while a group of Midna’s Twilit Wolves took her place and began to battle the constellations.

“Wha? What are those?!” Moon Dancer yelled in shock.

“I’d tell you but… I don’t feel like it,” Midna replied before focusing magic into her mirror and shooting and arrow of dark magic at Moon Dancer striking her in the shoulder, “Neat. A new trick… Sunset you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“Needs more Daka?” Sunset replied with a sinister grin.

“Daka? What are you talking about?” Moon Dancer asked as she pumped a little more magic into her constellation wolf pack, making them grow a bit to turn the tide as Midna’s wolves were starting to overrun her pack.

“DAKA!” Midna cheered as her mirror started to rotate rapidly and unleashed a barrage of magic arrows, the bombardment ending with a large orb of darkness, knocking Moon Dancer back and she slumped down.

“Did we do it?” Sunset asked as Moon Dancer’s wolves vanished.

“Doubt,” Minda replied, her wolves taking defensive positions around her and Sunset.

Moon Dancer’s head jerked up revealing massive cracks in her face, her eyes and the stars on her dress now glowing a deep red.

“Damn it,” Sunset said.

Moon Dancer let out a piercing scream making the light crystals shatter once more bathing the room in darkness, the only sources of light being her eyes and dress which were glowing immensely in the darkness, and the ball of fire Sunset ignited in her hand.

“Phase two,” Sunset muttered moments before Moon Dancer gathered a large ball of magic and unleashed it as a beam of destruction.

“HOLY!” Midna yelped as she dropped the hammer into her shadow and leapt to the side, the wolf pack scattered their eyes and blue marks also glowing faintly in the darkness.

“Isn’t this a bit much for a first boss?!” Sunset said as she started to run from bolts of dark red energy Moon Dancer sent raining down upon the group.

“Golem. Mini Boss!” Midna replied as her wolves vanished, “So far this entire Dungeon has been equivalent to at least a mid game one!”

“So now what?!” Sunset asked.

“Now I respond in kind!” Midna replied, dropping her hammer into her shadow, and focusing her magic into her mirror, the glass and back glowing white, “Take this!” Midna roared before she too dove into the darkness.

“What the fu…” Sunset started as she and Moon Dancer looked around only for Sunset to remember one of Midna’s favorite tricks in video games and looked up, spotting Midna’s mirror floating just above Moon Dancer, “Clever girl…”

“POINT BLANK BITCH!” Midna roared, unleashing a highly concentrated beam of magic, the symbols on her mirror forming rings around the beam as it shot into the floor. Moon Dancer screamed in pain as the force of the attack slammed her against the ground. When the attack faded Moon Dancer had returned to her unicorn form, the Fused Shadow laying next to her.

“One down… two to go,” Sunset panted as she fell to her knees while Midna took the Fused Shadow piece and put it away, “By the Goddesses that sucked.”

“You’re telling me…” Midna panted, “We really need to find a proper way to train, because we got so fucking lucky to get through that will little to no damage.”

“Agreed… for now let’s just take Moon Dancer and get out of here,” Sunset said as a light blue circle of magic appeared in the center of the room, “And on cue, one exit portal.”

Midna lifted Moon Dancer with her hair hand and the three entered the portal. Light blinded them for a moment before they were standing outside the school, the Wall of Twilight that had been around it nowhere in sight, “Were you two successful?” Princess Luna asked as she walked up to the three.

“Yup. Here’s the thief,” Midna said motioning to Moon Dancer, “She had a piece of a Twilit Artifact which messed with her mind… also did you know there’s a HUGE section to this place where they experimented on animals in the past underground?”

“Yeah. We saw the skeletons of the animals… pony skeletons too,” Sunset scowled, “Way down there is under the old divination classroom… so have fun sorting that mess out.”

Luna and some of the nearby guards looked a bit pale at the mention of the skeletons before their faces hardened, “I see. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. My Sister has a lot to answer for,” Turning her head she gave a nod and a group of guards walked past her to start the investigation, “I’ll make sure the thief is scanned for any lingering effects and that she is punished for the theft of a powerful artifact. Since she was influenced by an artifact of your people Miss Midna that will be taken into consideration before her punishment is decided. Now why don’t we get you two back to the mirror so you can head home and rest?”

“Thank you,” Sunset said before she yawned, human again now that she wasn’t in the Twilight Realm.

“Yeah… I’m exhausted after all that,” Midna agreed, “How long were we in there?”

“About four hours,” Luna replied as the trio stated walking back to the castle, “Can you tell me what happened in the school?”

“Alright,” Midna said as the trio made their way back to the castle. The two finished once they’d reached the mirror room where Celestia was waiting.

Before Celestia could say anything Luna turned to Sunset and Midna, “I know you had your reasons but thank you for dealing with the situation… and alerting me to the state of the underground section of my sister’s school…” Celestia gulped hearing that her school’s secret had been discovered, “I shall have someone I trust look into finding out how to open the mirror’s portal whenever we wish, and if need be alter where it opens on your side for more security.”

“Once again thank you,” Sunset said with a small bow to Luna, “Though I don’t know how you’ll be able to contact us if you succeed…”

“We’ll figure something out,” Luna replied with a small smile, “If need be I can simply ask some crows to go through and look around. Very few people ever pay attention to an extra crow or two.”

“Too true!” Midna chuckled. With one last wave Midna and Sunset went through the mirror to get some much needed rest.

“Now my sister… you have some explaining to do,” Luna said darkly as she turned to Celestia who shuddered under Luna’s cold glare. This was not going to be an enjoyable conversation.