• Published 12th Apr 2018
  • 3,413 Views, 37 Comments

Return to Sender - Chemtest

  • ...
19
 37
 3,413

Hospital

Pinkie drags the Courier into the hospital, and the receptionist sees them immediately, “Ah, Miss Pie! I assume you are here about your father. You can go on in, he’s in room three.”

Pinkie drags him once more, going through the door like a rocket.

A doctor stands in the room, and nods at Pinkie as she enters, “Your father is going to be fine, Pinkie. Just a few cuts and bruises we had to patch up.”

She smiles at him, “Thank you, Stable!”

The Courier speaks as the doctor tries to exit the room, “Verus medicus.”

Stable nods, “Ah, yes, most astute observation there. I’ll be done with work in five minutes.” He then moves out the door.

He looks back, only to see Pinkie hugging her dad. Yet the only thing her dad looks at is the Courier, “What is that creature, daughter?”

He scowls for a second, and then hides it behind a smile, “Name’s the Courier, If that’s what you were asking. Pleasure to meet you, sir.”

Pinkie’s dad looks at his outstretched hand, “I’d shake, but I’m afraid it would hurt too much.” He nods, “Igneous Rock, why are you here, exactly?”

The Courier smiles, “Well, I was interested in what got you here. I am quite adept at medicine, myself.”

Igneous narrows his eyes, “I fell down the staircase at the hotel.”

The Courier walks closer, “Oh, really? Then how’d you get all these cuts all over you?”

He frowns, “The hotel had exposed nails in the staircase.”

The Courier leans in, “They had exposed nails on their carpeted staircase? I suppose it is possible, but it still doesn’t explain the burns on your body.”

He scoffs, “I fell into the fireplace, what does it matter?”

The Courier leans off, “Well, those cuts imply you were attacked by a knife, and the burns are too controlled to be from a regular fire. And those bruises seem to be in very specific places, places one could not reach if they were to fall. Especially not bruise from a simple carpeted staircase. And that chip in your tooth could be gotten from tripping, yes, but the staircase was not long enough as for you to injure everywhere including your teeth.” He looks back at Igneous, “Igneous, I’m not accusing you of anything. But if some creature did this to you, then I need to know. If something did this to you, it could easily do much worse to other ponies, or even your own family.”

His eyes relax for a second, showing that the Courier found the chip in his armor. Igneous smiles, “Thank you for the concern, and I’m glad you would want to protect my family. But I’ve told the truth, and I just got really unlucky with that staircase.”

The Courier nods, “Alright. I’ve seen stranger happen.” He walks back to the door, “I’m going to leave you two alone. Good day, Igneous, and see you later, Pinkie.”

He pushes the door open, and moves out into the hallway. Instantly he is met by Stable, who ushers him into a side room.

He shoves the door closed, locks it, and ignites in blue flames. He sighs in relief as he returns to his Blue changeling form.

But another changeling is in the room. It’s eyes glow red, and is wearing armor. He smiles, “Ah, hello, I am Hastam. Better known as Captain Sharp Spear, spy for the Red Hive and Queen Messorem.”

The blue changeling faces him, “Doctor Tectum, here for the Blue Hive and King Nullam.”

Hastam interrupts him, “Ah, but you are here for quests, yes? I want a vial of Timberwolf blood. I heard it is highly acidic, and I want to prank the new guard.”

Tectum sighs, “Always looking to give me new patients, aren’t you?”

He is knocked to the ground by a back pat, “You got that right, buddy!”

Tectum gets up, nodding to the Courier, “Right, well, I actually have something important. We have two patients with a rare condition that will kill them very soon. The only cure is the heart of a hydra.”

Hastam steps forward, “Oh, speaking of hearts, could you get me the heart of the Spider King?”

Tectum looks back at him, “Heart of the Spider King?! You are asking him to tear down an entire society!? What in the bloody seven cities of Tartarus makes you want the Spider King’s heart?!”

He smiles, “There’s this sexy as fuck griffoness that I invited for dinner, and I want to get in that.”

Tectum sighs, and bangs his head into the wall, “Whatever. Courier, go ahead and leave, I’m going to teach Hastam on what is right and wrong for a side-quest.”

The Courier leaves, finding it hard to navigate as text fills his vision.

Started: Red Dawn.

Kill a Timberwolf and take it’s blood.

Started: Blue Night.

Get the heart of a hydra.

Started: I Heart You.

Kill the Spider King and take his heart.