• Published 12th Apr 2018
  • 3,414 Views, 37 Comments

Return to Sender - Chemtest

  • ...
19
 37
 3,414

Escape!

The Courier looks around him, and sees ponies dressed in all sorts of fancy wear. They are in a building of marble and gold, and ponies with spears and armor mill around.

Suddenly, orange text appears in the corner of his eye.

Started: Friendship?

Convince the pony to forgive you.

The Courier smiles at Celestia, and lowers his finger, “Sorry, that was intended for another furry.”

Celestia glares at him, “Guards, arrest this creature.”

Failed: Friendship?

Started: Plan B.

Find a way out of this mess.

He hears hooves approaching behind him, and the tip of a spear on his back.

He spins around quickly, pulling the spear out of the guard’s hold. He throws it aside, and kicks the guard’s front leg. With a snap, it breaks, allowing him to quickly get behind the guard, with an arm around his neck, and draw his revolver.

He holds the guard up, and points his revolver at every other guard approaching him. He smiles, “You don’t want to do anything more. Don’t you know how hard it is to clean blood out of-“ He nods towards Celestia, “White?”

The guards all stop, yet their eyes don’t move from him. Celestia looks at him from her throne, “What now? You think you’ll just walk out of here?”

He nods, “Yep.” He looks at the guard, “Tell me, what’s your name?”

The young stallion looks at him with panic, “Spear-Strong Spear!”

He looks back to Celestia, “You wouldn’t want young Spear here to die, would you? You don’t want to go to his family and tell them he died all because some random creature insulted you, right?” He moves the revolver to Spear’s head, “So you will let me leave, and all will be fine.” He tilts his head, “Unless you want your guard to die? Imagine how that would look to the media. ‘Guard dead because of a single insult to the leader’. Oh, how horrifying of a headline that would be.”

She looks at Spear, seeing the horror within his eyes. She looks back at the Courier, and she sighs, “Let them go.”

He nods, “Good choice.” He leans down to the guard, “I need you to just continue cooperating, and you’ll be fine.”

They start to move out of the room, with Spear facing towards the guards that still follow them. He staggers along, “I won’t be fine. You broke my leg, I won’t be able to be a guard anymore!”

The Courier drags him along, “Oh, that’ll heal up just fine. I only broke one bone, don’t be such a child.”

Spear sighs, “That really doesn’t help.”

The Courier exits into the streets of Canterlot, “That wasn’t supposed to help, it was supposed to shut you up. Pro tip for hostage situations, the one holding your life doesn’t want to hear your fucking whining. It’s annoying, it hurts my ears, and it makes them want to shoot you more.”

Spear whimpers as the Courier drags him along more.

Yet it is then that the Courier looks up, and sees a pegasus with a bow. It is notched, and pointed right at him.

He pushes Spear away, and rolls out of the way. Just in time, as the arrow impacts right where he was a second before.

He points his revolver into the sky, and with the help of VATS, he shoots the bow. The resulting explosion sends the pegasus through a nearby window.

He looks at his compass, only to see red appearing everywhere. Guards come from the gates of the Palace, chasing after him.

He shoots at the ground, causing the cobbled street to explode. The rubble flies in the faces of the guards, and trips the front runners.

He turns away from the palace, and starts running south.

Ponies jump out of his way, not a single one wanting to get in the way of him.

All goes well, until he reaches the gates of Canterlot. A white stallion stands on the other side of the gate, his horn lit up, and a pinkish shield covers the gate.

Shining Armor smiles, “You’re trapped! Surrender, and face justice!”

The Courier looks at the shield, and nods, “Ah, a forcefield. You must be really creative, aren’t you?” He smiles, “You think I don’t know how to deal with these?” He puts up his Pip-Boy, and a sci-fi looking gun appears. He pulls the trigger, and a loud bark fills the air. The sound waves hit the shield, and break it instantly.

Shining Armor stumbles back, his horn slightly smoking. He stumbles all around, unable to get stable. He looks at the Courier, “You broke my shield?!”

He nods, “Yep.” He then fires the gun once more, hitting Shining Armor with it.

Instead of dying or anything like that, he just flops over. Seems like the Courier scored a crit.

He throws the gun aside, and it returns to his inventory.

Yet the shield did slow him down quite a bit, causing the guards behind him to catch up.

He calmly walks through the gates, taking a few C4 out of his pocket. He throws them all over the arch of the gate, sticking them at the most optimal spots.

He walks out the other end, and takes the detonator out of his pocket. He turns around, and sees the guards about to reach the gates. He smiles, waves, and presses the detonator.

The C4 go off, collapsing the gate into a pile of rubble. The guards all stop in their tracks, unable to pass.

The Courier slips the detonator away, and continues down the path away from Canterlot.

Canterlot: Shunned.

Ponies don’t know much about you, all they know is that you caused a bit of chaos. Nopony’s gonna attack you, just don’t expect to be respected.

The Courier shrugs off the message, and pays attention more to the other one.

Plan B:

Find a way out of this mess.

See if you can find any pleasant company nearby.

He looks over at the map on his Pip-Boy, and sees two new locations.

Canterlot, right behind him. And, at the end of the path, Ponyville.

He continues to walk down the path, on the way to Ponyville.