• Published 12th Apr 2018
  • 3,414 Views, 37 Comments

Return to Sender - Chemtest

  • ...
19
 37
 3,414

Pinkie

The Courier walks into the gingerbread designed bakery. No line stands, apparently a slow time for customers.

He walks up to the counter, where a slightly chubby, blue mare stands. He smiles at her, “Good evening, miss.”

She smiles back, “Well hello there, you must’ve just arrived. Welcome to Sugarcube Corner.”

He nods, “Well, yes in fact, I’ve just arrived. Been wandering around Equestria, enjoying sights and ponies alike.”

She wipes the counter a little bit, “You haven’t got a friend to travel with?”

He shakes his head, “Nah, all of my friends had lives to live. I’m the only one who’s got the time and courage to do this. Besides, they’ve never had the spirit of a wanderer. Me, on the other hand, I’d like to say I got Wanderer in my blood. Even if I am on my Lone.” He smiles, and leans forward, “I knew I had to come to Ponyville. I’ve heard all about the kind ponies and beautiful, fresh air. I had a pony in Canterlot, just a day ago, tell me about how Sugarcube Corner is the best bakery this side of Hoofington.”

She looks up, “Oh, you did hear that? Who told you, if you caught their name?”

He fakes thinking for a bit, “Was a nice fellow in the guard, name of Strong Spear.”

She tilts her head, “Strong Spear? Did he happen to mention Sharp Spear?”

He shakes his head, “Can’t say I rightly remember.”

She smiles, “Sharp Spear’s the Captain of the Ponyville Guard. Very nice stallion, always very fair and calm. He comes in here often.” She nods, “Anyway, what’d you want?”

The Courier frowns, “There’s the issue. I sadly spent my last on a homeless pony back in Los Pegasus. Poor soul didn’t even have the money to buy cardboard in order to beg.” He sighs, and pulls a few bottlecaps out of his pockets, “The only things I have left that would carry any value are these bottlecaps. Keepsakes of mine, yet sadly aren’t money.”

It is then that a pink blur comes shooting out of the kitchen, “Did I hear that right?! A new pony without money and without friends?!” The pink blur stops in front of the Courier, revealing a pink pony that is constantly bouncing, “Hi! I’m Pinkie Pie, although you can call me Pinkie! I know everypony in town! Oh, I haven’t thrown you a party yet! Oh, oh, what’s your name? What’s your favorite color? Oh, what hobby do you love?”

The Courier smiles at her, “Hello, Pinkie. I’m the Courier. I gotta say that I love the color red. I love traveling.”

Pinkie bounces around to face the blue mare, “Oh, Miss Cake, can I get a cupcake for Mister Courier?”

She smiles, and takes a cupcake from the showcase, “Sure, go ahead and eat it, Courier, and good luck with Pinkie.”

Pinkie bounces all around, “Oh, you seem a lot like my family! They just arrived in town last week, and I think you’ll probably make quick friends!”

The Courier nods, “Why don’t you show me around, then. I would certainly love meeting folk like me.”

She bounces to the door, bashing it open with her entire body, “Come on!”

Miss Cake smiles at the Courier, “Good luck.”

He looks after Pinkie, “I like her style.”

———

Pinkie bounces down the street, the Courier walking alongside her. She smiles, “So, you mentioned your friends to Miss Cake back there. Wanna talk about them?”

He smiles, “Ah, well, they were an odd bunch. There were a main group of them though. Raul, he was a mechanic, very good at fixing things. Veronica was kinda like him, except she liked punching things, and could only repair things that punched. Boone was a very pratical man, used to be military. Lily was old, and thought I was her grandchild. She was sweet, very pure lady. Christine, she couldn’t talk, but she was very fun to hang around. Arcade was a man of science, the brightest bulb of the bunch. And Dean Domino. He was a singer, pretty arrogant, but he knew how to make everything a show.”

Pinkie laughs, “Twilight would probably like Arcade. She spends all her time with machines and science and all that other stuff. And Dean sounds like Dashie! She’s an athlete, yet she is always putting on air shows for us. Where are they, Courier?”

He sighs, “Far away now. Living happy lives.” He looks up, “I was the mayor of the town. I turned slums into thriving streets. I left, but I’m sure Boone and Arcade can probably take over for me as I’m gone. I just hope Arcade is taking care of Rex.”

She looks over at him, “Is Rex your pet?”

He nods, “Yep, best dog on the west coast. Old dog, had to go through a lot of surgery, yet he is very loyal.”

Pinkie smiles, “Fluttershy would probably like Rex, considering her entire thing is animals.” She then looks at where they are, “Ah, we arrived!”

The Courier looks, and sees they are in front of a hotel. They walk in, and the only pony in the lobby is the receptionist. Although the tag on him also says that he owns the hotel.

He looks up as the two enter, and his eyes widen as he sees the Courier. He coughs, “Uh, sir.”

The Courier turns to face him, “Yeah?”

He nods, “Uh, magnis brunneis exploratorem.”

The Courier smiles, “Go on ahead, Pinkie. I’ll chat with the owner for a bit.”

They both watch as Pinkie goes bounding up the stairs. The hotel owner looks at the Courier. His pony form melts away in brown fire, revealing the brown changeling underneath. He smiles, “Deversorium, agent from King Laevus, Brown Hive. I’m here to protect the Elements of Harmony from harm, just like Tempus. Don’t worry, I’ve already heard of what happened to Traicere. I will gladly help you out in your revenge, just ask for anything and I can probably provide it.”

A shout comes from the top floor, “What?!”

Deversorium looks at the Courier, “Her father was sent to the hospital last night, so she’ll be dragging you over to there. Find the one named Doctor Stable, and give him the code ‘verus medicus’.” Hoof steps come rushing down the staircase, and he switches back to pony form. He smiles at the Courier as Pinkie comes downstairs, and says one final thing, “Come on back later tonight, Courier. I could give you a place to stay while you’re here.”

Pinkie grabs onto the Courier’s arm, and starts dragging him away, “My dad’s in the hospital, we gotta make sure he’s alright!”

Lines of text appear in his vision as he is dragged off.

Green Sun:

Become friends with Pinkie Pie.

Investigate the Hospital for possible culprits.

Started: Brown Dusk.

Find Deversorium after the sun sets.