• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 9,863 Views, 198 Comments

Guardians of the Elements of Harmony - mcb893



When a United States Army Ranger arrives in Equestria, the land is plauged by chaos...

  • ...
29
 198
 9,863

8. Thoughts

Moore ducked to avoid hitting his head. The door to the library was rather small. Maybe it had to do with the fact it was a tree, or that it was made for ponies. "Well, here we are." Twilight said calmly. Pinkie bounced all around shouting about how much fun they were going to have. "Actually, I've had a really long day, I haven't slept in over 48 hours. I just want to go to sleep." He said. The pink pony looked disappointed. "But it's still so early! I was hoping we could..." "Pinkie dear, the man has had no sleep. I can easily tell by the condition of those bags under his eyes. He needs his rest. Especially if he's going to have his strength to fight off the creatures." Rarity said. Looking at him. "Thank you. Now, where's this guest room the princess was talking about?"

"This way." Twilight said. She led him through an archway, where Spike awaited. "Hey Twilight! Glad to see you made it bac..." He grew wide eyed as he stared at John. "Whoa, what is that thing?" Twilight chuckled. "That is a human. His name is John Moore. He's a Staff Sergeant in the US Army Rangers. and he is the newest guardian of Equestria." Spike smiled and had his mouth agape at him. "Cool!" He said. Walking up to him, he sticks out his claw and greets him. "My name's Spike, I'm a dragon." He said with a grin on his face. John took the dragon's hand and shook it.

"Pleasure." Moore said, barely able to keep his eyes open. Twilight walked over to the small dragon and told him to go see the others. He shot out like a rocket when he found out Rarity was out there. Moore scratched his head in confusion, which made Twilight chuckle. "I'll tell you about it when you wake up." She said, leading him into the guest room. The bed was larger that a pony, but he wasn't in the mood to do any questioning right now. He stripped off his gear, reducing himself to a dark green shirt and a light pair of pants. He didn't even bother lifting the covers.

Twilight smiled and shut the door, allowing the soldier the rest he needed. She joined the others in the lobby. Walking over to Spike, she tapped his shoulder. "Where are the refugees?" She asked. "Most went home when the sun rose. The few left are out gathering supplies." He said. Twi nodded as Pinkie leapt around. "This is so exciting! John looks like so much fun! I gotta plan a party, there will be balloons, cake..." She began. Twilight shook her head.

"I don't think he wants a party Pinkie. He doesn't really look like he's the social type." Rainbow said as she grabbed a Daring Do book. "You still haven't read them all?" Rarity asked. Rainbow shrugged. "Haven't had the time." Rarity nodded, saying that was true. It was, ever since the attacks began, nopony had really had enough time to do anything. They had been to busy staying alive and helping others stay safe. This was especially true for Twilight, who turned the library into a refugee center only a few hours after the first attack.

Applejack sat down and looked around. "Well, I'm gonna go see my family, let them know Ah'm okay." The others told her to be careful. She promised she would. The rest of the friends then began to discuss what was on all of their minds. John. "So what do you think of him?" Twilight asked Rarity. Rarity frowned. "I think he has a good heart and all, but that fashion he was wearing? Ugh! Simply disgusting! He must allow me to make him some clothes when he has some free time." Twilight rolled her eyes and chuckled. "What about you Fluttershy? You've been really quiet about this whole thing." The purple unicorn asked. Her shy friend smiled. "He seems like the kind of pony who would give up everything to keep others safe.' She shook her mane away from her eye. "I like ponies... or um... humans... like that." Twilight nodded.

"Pinkie, we already know you like him just because he's new and you can make a new friend." Rainbow said as she began to read, grinning smugly. Pinkie nodded faster that a woodpecker, which mad her voice sound like a blender. "Yeah! I can't wait to hang out with him it's going to be so much fun! I don't even know where to start!" She shouted with glee. Twilight placed her hoof to her mouth. Pinkie mumbled as she tried to continue talking. "Remember Pinkie, he's trying to sleep. Don't wanna wake him up." Pinkie nodded in understanding and Twilight released her mouth.

"So what about you Rainbow Dash? What do you like about him?" Twilight asked as she walked over to a shelf and grabbed a book of her own. Rainbow put down her book and leapt into the air, catching herself in the air. "He looks like the kind of person that'll be an interesting matchup in athletics, I wanna see what he's got." She said with a devilish grin. "I should have figured that you would only interested in the physical capabilities of the man." Rarity said as she shook her head. "Just what is that supposed to mean?" Dash asked as she flew within inches of her face.

"Easy girls, let's not cause more trouble than there is already going on." Spike said as he placed a book on a shelf. The two ponies eyed each other and backed away. "I hardly think we have to ask you why you like him Twilight." She said with a smile. Twilight returned it and nodded. "I just, kind of want to do something for him" She said. "You are. You're giving him a home in a world that's strange to him." Fluttershy reminded her. Twilight smiled. "That's true." She said. She looked back at the door leading to the guest room, where he now took his slumber.

"Well, what do you girls want to do?" She asked closing her book. Rainbow just kept her head in her book. "Guess I know what she wants to do." She thought to herself. "I just wanna be with you guys. I was really scared, I... I couldn't imagine any of you hurt." Fluttershy said. The ponies smiled and gathered for a group hug. Rainbow didn't notice at first, but eventually grew wiser and joined in. Twilight smiled. For the first time in weeks, it seemed like things were going to be okay.