• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 9,863 Views, 198 Comments

Guardians of the Elements of Harmony - mcb893



When a United States Army Ranger arrives in Equestria, the land is plauged by chaos...

  • ...
29
 198
 9,863

40. Counterstrike

Vanhoover... 12 Hours Later...

Moore watched from the weather balloon, as the guards and militia were pushed farther and farther back into the city. He looked over to Hans, who nodded. All across the skies were weather balloons carrying Royal Guards, waiting for Moore to give the command to attack. In addition, Newell was only about a hundred yards away, but the UGV was just about to arrive. He looked over to Hans one final time, bringing his hand up.

"1...2..3." He says as he throws the rope and slides down.

"GO GO GO!" He shouts to the others. Instantly, guards dive out of the balloons, joining in the fight as Hans follows him closely. Moore comes into contact with the ground and releases the rope. Turning, he brings his rifle to his front and kneels down on one knee, opening fire. The guards from above ambush the Chaos Bringers and cause them to panic.

"This is Newell, the UGV has arrived." Moore hears from his radio. He hears a clicking noise and drops his empty clip as Hans lands on the ground and opens fire.

"Good! Open fire on the northern buildings! I count fifteen plus enemy foot mobiles!" Moore shouts as he slams a fresh clip into his weapon. He pulls the release bolt and aims his weapon at the hostiles.

"Roger that Staff Sergeant." Moore closes one eye and focuses in on the sights of his weapon, firing three bullets per hostile. An explosion goes off, and Moore turns. The UGV is just south of the barricade the militia has set up, who are eyeing him with confused looks.

"What are those things?" One shouts. Shining Armor lands next to the militiaman and knocks over a Chaos Bringer.

"Don't worry soldier, they're on our side, I'll explain later! Just keep fighting!" Shining Armor shouts as he charges forward with his troops. Moore signals Hans and the UGV to move up with Armor's men, all while firing his weapon.

"Hans! Take some men and move over to the right flank! Used the exposed debris for cover!" He shouts as he dives behind an overturned cart. He pops us and fires his weapon, making sure to hit each enemy in a vital area. The UGV rolls along next to him, firing it's load. He reloads his weapon as he brings his hand to his ear.

"Newell, use the UGV to cover the advancing militia! Do not let them get surrounded!" He shouts as he points behind him to the UGV. Moore slams the new clip into his weapon and once again.

"Roger that Staff Sergeant, redirecting towards the militia." Moore hears as he leaps over the cart. He sees Shining Armor flipping a Chaos Bringer onto the ground, along with his other men, and fires at the hostiles ahead.

Neigh York...

Rainbow breathed steadily through her scuba equipment. The water pushed on all sides of her body, but it still felt like she was walking on air, she knew. Looking over to Stick Pin, her second in command, she nods.

"Thirty seconds." She says. He holds up his hoof and nods. This movement meant that he read her loud and clear, and was ready to begin. Rainbow slowly ascended to the surface, making sure to keep the ascension steady so her lungs wouldn't give out.

"All teams this is Papa Eagle, I have a clear visual on the town... Dang these things are cruel." She hears Connors say. She gives a puff of air to relax herself, sending air bubbles to the surface of the water. Her head penetrates the thin layer of water, and she hears a subtle splash as she raises her eyes out of the water. Her goggles cloud her vision with drops of water slightly, but she is still able to see the shoreline. There are two Chaos Bringers near the shore, both with backs turned. She looks over to her second in command, and nudges her head towards the hostiles. He nods and begins to move. Rainbow quietly sneaks behind the hostiles and reaches the very edge of the shore, making sure to remain silent. Looking back over to Stick, she looks at him a while, asking with her eyes if he's ready, and he nods. Rainbow mouths numbers backward from three.

"3...2...1..." At one, they reach out of the water and grab the Chaos Bringers, covering their mouths with their hooves. Using their other forelegs, they strangle the demons until they stop moving, and fade away into the water. Rainbow pulls herself onto the shore, confirming that she is clear. She removes her scuba equipment and signals for her troops to come out. They each slowly rise out of the water and climb to the shoreline while she helps Stick out of the water.

"Papa Eagle, this is Bravo team, we've made it to the north shore, what's the status on the others?" She says into her radio.

"Copy Bravo, all other teams are up and ready, the first group of slave drivers are to your west over." She hears. She turns back to her squad and moves her hooves forward. They move towards the wall, making sure not to be spotted.

"This is Alpha team, we got the first group of hostages secure, moving to secure the others." Rainbow hears Adams say as she carefully moves along, avoiding any rocks along the way, that way they won't roll around and create noise. They reach the end of a building, and Rainbow peaks her head out. A group of ponies are being force to mine away at something by Chaos Bringers, and Rainbow grits her teeth. These things were going down. She motions for Stick to lead half the squad around the back, and looks back to the hostiles. They haven't spotted them, and are completely oblivious to their presence. Rainbow waits a few precious minutes, then sees Stick and his troops in position. She nods, and the two teams rush out and ambush the Chaos Bringers. They try to fight back, but there are too many. The ponies quickly have the hostages secured, and Rainbow orders a few of her men to escort them to safety while the others proceed.

...

Moore primed the grenade, waited a few seconds, then threw. He ducks down behind cover and hears the explosion go off, indicating a successful hit. He leaps over and aims his weapon, firing once again.

"Sir, we got two tangos trying to get the others to fall back to the east!" He hears. With a quick movement, he turns over that direction, and spots the Chaos Bringers fleeing for their lives.

"Newell! We got hostiles moving out! Take care of them!" He shouts as he tries to fire. He hears a clicking noise and turns his gun sideways. He checks the clip, and surely enough, it's empty. Better than a jam, but still aggravating.

"Roger, firing grenades." He hears as he begins to reload. Moore hears three explosions, causing him to look up. The hostiles have been heavily decimated, and are now picked off by Shining Armor and his squad. He smiles and lowers his weapon. Vanhoover is theirs.

"Ok... Not that we aren't grateful or anything... BUT WHO ARE YOU GUYS?" One of the militiaman shouts from behind. Moore turns and sees a badly scarred, orange female Earth Pony. Her squad appears to be inspecting Hans, who is trying to back up and avoid them. Another group is inspecting the UGV, and Moore chuckles.

"It's a long story..."

...

Barns listens intently, waiting for the call to action. His trigger finger is itch, ready to put that few extra ounces of force to send the bullets from his gun flying.

"Strike team, this is Papa Eagle, we're ready. Move in." He hears he smiles and signals the carriers to move in. An antenna glows a faint white color, and a carrier moves forward. The others soon follow suit, while he charges forward, sprinting as fast as he can with his troops. He lets out his battle cry as he reaches the city, quickly slowing his pace to a walk as he reaches the front lines. He brings his weapon to his hip and pulls the trigger, sending a flurry of bullets into the hostiles.

"I got suppressing fire on the north! All Carriers deploy!" He shouts as he continues to slowly move forward. A carrier next to him opens, and Guards pile out and rush forward to join in the fight. Barns keeps his finger on the trigger as he sees more doors of more carriers begin to become undone, as more and more dark creatures fade away into smoke. He hears a clicking, and instantly begins to load his gun with a new belt. He sees quick dashes of various colors, and knows that the SRTF is picking off the hostiles.

"All units, this is Papa Eagle, we got em' on the run." Barns wasn't satisfied however.

"I got an idea! Don't let them escape! Someone try to capture one so we can take it back to the Princess!" He shouts as he finishes reloading. He lifts his weapon and continues to fire, before he sees Rainbow fly ahead and snatch a hostile. He raises his arm and everyone stops.

"Send a squad to deal with what's left. The rest of you, let's get this creep back to Canterlot." He says. Rainbow flies close and knocks it unconscious, then looks up to Barns with a confused look.

"What exactly are you planning?" She asks. Barns kneels down and observes the creature. It's entire body spiraled, as though it didn't have a definite form, and instead just moved around in various ways.

"We're gonna find out where that Mercuito guy is with this fellow."