• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 9,828 Views, 198 Comments

Guardians of the Elements of Harmony - mcb893



When a United States Army Ranger arrives in Equestria, the land is plauged by chaos...

  • ...
29
 198
 9,828

23. Royal Meeting

Canterlot, Royal Palace...

Moore stood solidly in place. To his side, his comrades stood equally still, though they knew not the importance of the individual they would soon face. Moore could only wonder how this would go, his allies weren't exactly gentlemen. Other than Adams, but he was always polite, except when someone wasn't using common sense. Moore looked to his left, the ponies were standing there, smiles on their faces. "Remember, this is the ruler of this land, don't be disrespectful." He reminded his men. They nodded. All at once, the doors opened, presenting the alicorn in all her splendor. Next to her was a smaller, black alicorn, probably a relative. Exhaling, Moore walks forward, entering the castle. Banners containing two alicorns revolving the sun and moon are present. A large chandelier hangs from the center of the room, decorating the room in a rainbow like glow.

The princess smiles and welcomes the ponies, as well as the new men. The mares respectfully bow as Moore raises a military salute. The other soldiers do the same, no doubt trying to figure out what to do based on him. "At ease." The princess says, voice like silk. The ponies raise, while Moore places his hand back onto his rifle. The princess inspects the new men, smiling as she goes. "I see we have new arrivals?" She says. "Yes your highness. These Rangers arrived when that white flash you saw went off." Twilight said. Moore nods, stating his agreements. The princess exhales calmly, and introduces herself. "Welcome, US Army Rangers to Equestria. I am Princess Celestia, and this is my sister, Princess Luna." She says. The smaller alicorn nods, greeting the men.

Moore stands tall, breathing in. "Princess, these are members of my squad back on Earth, my home." Celestia smiles and looks to them. "Might I ask your names?" She asks. Luna looks their way too, trying her best to appear happy, although something is clearly wrong. Connors steps forward, giving a slight bow. "I am Sergeant Derek Connors, long range sniper specialist." Stepping back, Barns walks up after him and bows as well. "I am Corporal Frank Barns, heavy weaponry expert." Adams steps up, only bowing his head, but places his fist to his chest. "Specialist Jack Adams, demolitions expert and Javelin marksman." Hans steps forward, also bowing like the first two. "Corporal Jacob Hans, at your service." Finally, Daniels steps forward, getting down on one knee, bowing his head. "Private Hank Daniels, hit and run tactic and scout." Backing up, the soldiers return to their formation.

Princess Celestia smiles and blinks as she steps forward, accompanied by Princess Luna. Coming within a few inches his squad members, the princess smiles and looks upon each one, as if trying to judge their character. Stepping back, the princess looks to her younger sister, who nods. Giving a satisfactory breath, she stands upright, and gives her question Moore knew was coming. "I am going to ask you the same question that I asked Staff Sergeant Moore when he first arrived. Would you give your life for anyopony here?" The soldiers simply salute. "With pride." Connors says. "Then I ask you, will you become guardians, and give your service to the defense of innocent ponies? If you accept, please... step forth." After a moment of silence, the men take one step forward, in unison.

Looking closer, Moore can't help but notice that Luna seems upset about something.

"Is something up?" Moore asks. Princess Celestia looks at him with curiosity, while Luna backs away, appearing to be nervous. Moore repeats his question, this time more specific. "Princess Luna appears to be troubled, is there a problem?" The princesses exchange looks, Luna having frightened, sad eyes, and Celestia having concerned, understanding ones. Luna dips her head, closing her eyes. Celestia sighed and place her head on the top of her cranium, with Luna adjust her head so her neck fit into the gap between her sister's head an neck. "Princess?" He hears Twilight ask. Looking left, he sees the concerned expressions off all the mares, clearly noticing the problem as well. Pulling back, the princesses re open their eyes, and Luna nods. Celestia nods back and turns back to the group before them.

"We have received word on the condition of Fillydelphia. The body count has risen, and the royal guards have been all but defeated. Luna is upset because... because..." Princess Celestia looked at the floor and shook her head, as though unable to finish the sentence. The mares and Moore stepped forward, concerned. Luna closed her eyes, shed a tear, and spoke. "I was the one who assigned all the guards that got killed, and the one that assigned the commander that lost his family in the attack. I just... I just can't help but feel responsible..." She shed a tear and returned her head to her sister's neck. Celestia lowered her head to her sister and comforted her.

"Is another attack about to take place?" Moore asked. Celestia looked over to the Staff Sergeant while still comforting her sister. "Yes, a group of the remaining guards reported seeing a large horde about one hour away... which was thirty minutes ago." She said. Luna's weeping could now be heard, though it was quiet. Moore stood fast, instantly turning to Twilight. "Twilight, how many times have you been to Fillydelphia?" Twilight smiled as she got what he meant. She nodded. Stepping forward, Moore turned to his men. "Well men, sounds like we have a job to do." "SIR YES SIR!" They shouted in reply, saluting. Turning, Moore saw the princesses turn to him, Celestia had a grateful smile, where as Luna still had a sympathetic look. Moore bowed his head and placed his fist to his chest. "Don't worry Princess Luna, we'll make sure that no one else gets hurt." He said. She sniffed and nodded. "Be careful." She said. Moore promised and walked to Twilight. She began to focus and Moore grabbed hold of her. "Grab onto me, or somepony holding on to me, we need physical contact." Twilight said to the others.

Fillydelphia...15 Minutes Later...

"Are we all clear on the plan?" Moore asked, looking around the circle of Royal Guards and Rangers. "I pick 'em off from afar, Adams launches a Javelin rocket to lower their numbers, and the others help you out up front." Connors said, giving his brief summary. Moore nods. Kneeling down, he speaks slowly. "Alright, listen up. There are more of them then us, but we have a cause to fight for." The others nodded, and Daniels lifted his MP5 in the air in agreement. "By the end of this fight, only one of side is coming out alive..." The soldiers leaned in, listening closely to what he said. Moore eyed each soldier, seeing the fire of will and determination in each one. "And we sure as heck are not gonna let it be theirs. We will push them back, hooah?" He shouts as he pumps his fist into the air. "HOOAH!" "That's what I like to hear! Alright, everyone get into position, we need to be ready." Moore broke the group, watching as Twilight, Rainbow, and Pinkie got Connors and Adams to their spots. Moore looked out at the horizon, the sun was beginning to set, and the blockades were being set. This would be a bloody fight, but in his heart, Moore knew he would win. He had to...