• Published 1st Apr 2018
  • 1,370 Views, 8 Comments

Jack of all trades - Blacklight Brony



Getting hit by a car sucks. Forced away from your family and away from something you practiced for two months will piss you off. Now I have no way of returning home. Plus, I’m still in high school. I’m not even an adult and I’ve seen shit. I’m fucked

  • ...
13
 8
 1,370

Knowing the town

I woke up a little to chipper unlike I normally am. I got up and saw the lab from yesterday as the events came back to me.

I looked at my phone and saw I woke up at four. ‘I’m going to be tired for the entire day. Why wouldn’t my insomnia kick in instead of me waking up early.’ I thought turning the alarm off and began to watch one of my favorite movie called The Grudge.

I finished the movie before leaving the basement. It was five ten when I left and I was prepared to start my new PT regiment. I grabbed my sketchbook and my color pencils before I left to begin my jog. A cadence came to mind as I was a minute in. I made it to the hill I went to yesterday.

I noticed the lone tree on it and thought of something to add to the PT regiment. I did twenty pushups, forty curl ups, and ten pull ups. When I was finished, the sun began to rise over the horizon. I sat down with my back agent the tree at the same time getting ready to draw again.

I used all the colors at my disposal to create realism in the drawing. I finished in an hour as I wasn’t in a rush because it was right in front of me in all its glory.

When I was finished, it looked like I took a picture of it as I tried a different angle of it. The ledge by my side, plus turning the mountain so it was barely visible was an added bonus. That close up drawing was a long shot, but I did it.

I sat there still relaxing underneath the trees branches. I felt the sun’s warmth wash over me which caused me to melt into the tree and the cool wind made me sigh happily.

It was about an hour when I felt three pairs of hooves poking me. I opened an eye to find three children ponies staring at me in wander. I looked behind them and saw an entire class. The three children in front of me were what caught my attention. One was yellow with red hair and a red bow. The next one was dark orange with dark purple hair resembling Rainbow Dash’s. The last one was white with purple hair with a light gray streak running through it. I smiled gently to show my friendliness and that I wasn’t a threat.

“Hello, young ones.” I said softly which, despite my best efforts, still caused them to jump. “Sorry if I scared you.” I said worried. They settled down before walking up to me and sitting on their haunches. I’m pretty sure ponies can’t do that.

“Mister,” the yellow child asked, “how long have you been here?” I looked at my phone and saw it was seven thirty.

“I’ve been here sense five fourteen. Did PT for thirty minutes,” I’m definitely not in the best shape sense I was struggling the entire time, “then drew the sunrise for an hour. And began relaxing. Plus, I woke up at four am. So two hours and sixteen minutes.” I looked at them as they had a disappointed expression. “What?”

“Where is your canvas. You said you drew, but we see no quills or parchment. There’s no canvas so you didn’t paint it.” Said the dark orange one. I sighed as I opened up my sketchbook to show them the picture. They gawked at it and surprisingly didn’t go slack jawed. “Wow, we never seen anything like this. How did you draw it with out a quill?” I took out my mechanical pencil simply. “So who are you?” I smiled as I patted her hair and began scratching behind her ear. She gasp before melting into it.

“Call me Blacklight. Nice to meat you...” I trailed off at their names. I looked at the class well a friendly smile and beckoned them over. They did so and sat down. “Like I told them, I’m Blacklight solaire. Nice to meet you.”

“Well it seems the two other Cutie Mark Crusaders are enraptured in your book. I’m Cheerilee. Nice to meet you Blacklight.” Cheerilee said happy. She sounded like a mother which made me pause for a moment. I regained my train of thought.

“Well, actually they’re looking at my sketchbook. Do you children mind?” They shook their heads as they showed them the drawing of New York at street view. I missed no detail and went on google maps.

“Wow, your special talent must be Art.” Cheerilee said while in awe. “By the way what’s your cutie mark?”

“What’s a cutie mark?” The entire group gasped.

“How are you this good and not have a cutie mark?”

“Well, my species doesn’t get cutie marks, whatever that is, but I got this good from seven years of practice. Same how I learned three instruments, four years of practice.” It was aggravating switching between trombone, baritone, and tuba in one concert... What happened to my trombone anyways.

“Blacklight!” I heard a vary pissed of Twilight yell. I turned in her direction to get tackled by her. I don’t know what’s more impressive, that didn’t break bones when I hit the ground or how she jumped over six children and launched me over six more. “Where have you been?!”

“I’ve been here for,” I pushed her off me and went back to my phone. Only ten minutes passed, “two hours and forty four minutes.”

“You could have woken me up so I could examine what your PT was like!” She sniffed the air for a moment. “Did you put on cologne?” I sniffed myself and nearly threw up.

“No, that’s really bad sweat.” I managed to pull my nose together after the sweat army assaulted my nostrils. The sweat fought hard, but ultimately lost. I looked at the class around me. I pocketed my phone and put up my color pencils. “Sorry, but I need my sketchbook.” They reluctantly gave it back with a collective groan.

They left me and Twilight alone and I began to fidget because I never do good around the opposite gender. She saw how uncomfortable I was so she picked walked away.

“Follow me.” She commanded. I nodded and followed her into the heavily populated town.


To keep my mind off the occupants, I went through my sketchbook and remembered who gave me support when other didn’t. My family supported my as I got better and better.

The school actually hired me for school dances to draw people and color them. There was a photographer to take a picture so I could use it to get the colors right. So the students got two pictures, one photo and one drawing. Suffice to say, I got popular quickly... and I hated it. The school forced me into art class. I got straight A’s in that class.

I snapped out of it when Twilight bumped into me with her side. “Something worth remembering?” She asked with a gentle smile.

“Ya.” I showed her the picture I drew of the peacekeeper from For Honor. “This was when I began to draw people and landscapes. It turned my entire school year around. I was hired as a drawer for school dances and functions. At this time I was recommended for art schools. My popularity skyrocketed and I hated it all. People wanted me to draw something worthless and bland. Other asked me who my teacher was.”

“So, who taught you?” She had a hopeful smile.

“No one, I learned my self. With trial and error, I was able to make art worthy of museums. I learned how to shade on my own, draw people on my own, and draw landscapes on my own. People called bull shit on me learning how to do all that on my own.” A single tear ran down my cheek as the horrible memories came back of people yelling that I didn’t do anything on my own. At one point, one of my old friends, who moved away after all that, had to take me out of school because I was about to get the crap beaten out of me for not telling ‘the truth’. “It was horrible as I was never left alone.”

“Oh, that must be horrible to have other do that.”

“You have no idea, Twilight. You have no idea.”


We made it to carousel boutique, as it was called, where Rarity worked and lived. We entered, but I had the great idea of looking back. I instantly regretted it as I slowly shrunk into the building.

I turned around and found the two looking at me. “I did something extremely stupid.” I said simply while gesturing to the door. They looked out side and came to to endless sea of ponies.

“You looked back, didn’t you darling?” Rarity asked fixing me with a hard glare. I smiled sheepishly at her. “Well, at least your here.” She sighed deeply in annoyance. “Let’s take your measurements.” She made a measuring tape come out of nowhere. I stared in amazement and didn’t hear the other two until one was write next to me.

“Blacklight, you need to get undressed so se can take your measurements.” Twilight said beside my head.

I registered it and gulped audibly. I stripped down to my boxers which the two mares looked at it confused.

“What is that?” Rarity said disgusted.

“Underwear, the inside of pants is rough, do we made underwear to lessen the pain when our... you know, rubs against the inside of the pants.” They were confused st first before quickly getting it as they turn bright red.

“So nothing covers you sexual organs?” Twilight asked still blushing like crazy. I shake my head indicating that nothing covers it. She turned an even brighter shade of red. “Oh... my...” It didn’t take long for her to fainted.

“You won’t do the same... will you?” I asked looking at Rarity where, in response, she shook her head. “Okay.”


It was quick as the took my measurements to get some non concert attire. I swiftly put my clothes back on as Twilight comes back into consciousness.

“What happened?” She asked putting a hoof to her temple. I could tell by how she winced, that she hit her head hard. I recollect her on what happened. “O-oh.” She whispered turning into a tomato.

Rarity came back out with simple camo pants, which were a desert camo, and a white shirt. I now realize I was missing something essential to have.

I was missing my dads combat boots.

Rarity saw this and came into my view. “Something wrong?” She asked.

“Well, it’s nothing you can help with, but I forgot to pack my dads combat boots. He gave them to me a year ago and I’ve wore them everyday sense.” I explained whick got confused looks. “I wanted to pack them because these shoes aren’t the most comfortable. To be honest, these are not meant for everyday use. I have to wear them with my ROTC uniform.” Rarity looked thoughtful for a moment before she lit up like a pine tree on Christmas.

“Why don’t you draw it so I can make it.” She suggested with a hopeful smile. “With your skills, you could draw it in detail.” I smiled and nodded.

“While we’re here, can you take an order for nightmare night?” Twilight asked. I looked over to her in confusion. She saw this and looked sheepish. “Nightmare night is where one night every year, fillies and colts dress up in costumes and go door to door asking for candy.”

“Oh, we have a similar holiday call Halloween. I usually by costumes at the local store, but.” I looked over at Rarity. I smile as making the boots would be an add on to my costume. “Rarity, I’ll bare with these shoes for a while. Those boots will be a part of my costume.”

I looked over at my sketch book and flipped to a drawing of Montagne from Rainbow 6 Siege. It was colored with a few additions of my own such as SWAT embroidered on the front of the vest, it being less bulky, instead of a large riot shield, he had a M1014 shotgun. He had some form of handgun, that I would figure out later, and Rainbow in front of a six on the shoulders. I showed her and she was stunned into silence.

“It’s from a game called Rainbow 6 Siege. The character is from GIGN, an anti-terrorist task force in the game, but I made him different for obvious reasons. He’s less bulky, has a shotgun instead of a riot shield, and is in SWAT instead of GIGN. He is a soldier and the boots will tie into this as all soldiers wear boots in combat.” I finished explaining and told her the materials to make it.

I actually wanted to have the armor usable just incase. I also told her I would make the weapon props so she wouldn’t have two. Lastly, before we left, I drew up the boot design like how I remember it. We left with our next destination in mind.


We had a crowd following us, Actually, more like me, in hopes of figuring out what I am. I heard the quiet whispers, which I couldn’t make out, and felt quite self conscious.

I wanted to look at the crowd to see if they had hardened or fearful expressions. I took out my phone and acted like I was using it when I was actually looking at the crowd. They had a mixture of glares, fear, and curiosity. I was going to look more, but I was tackled to the ground. I looked at my assailants to find the three girls I met today.

“Hello again.” I said getting their attention.

“Hello.” They said in unison.

“We came to find you because we didn’t tell you our names.” The yellow one said. “I’m Apple bloom.”

“Are you related to Applejack by any chance?” I asked in curiosity.

“Yah, I am!” She said excitedly.

“Well, I’m Sweetie Belle. My sister said you came into her shop today.” Sweetie Belle said. So she was Rarity’s sister.

“Ya, we went there t- HOLY CRAP! WE FORGOT THE CLOTHES!” I yelled at the top of my lungs for forgetting something crucial.

“Actually, I sent the clothes to the library before we left. I had a feeling you’d forget.” Twilight said in a calm manner despite my out burst. I stood up quickly and scooped her into a huge.

“Thank you, Twilight. It would have been an interesting day because my mind will constantly move to it.” It finally registered what I did as I set her down with a blush. I wasn’t the only blushing as Twilight had a heavy blush. “Sorry.”

“And I’m Scootaloo, biggest fan of Rainbow Dash.” Scootaloo said putting a hoof to her chest in pride as she puffed out her chest. I chuckle at the young child before Twilight told them to relay a message to Spike for their messaging cutie mark.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS MESSAGERS! YAY!” They yelled before running off.

I’ve heard a F-22 jet up close and live rounds from fire arms, but that took the cake. I looked over at Twilight to find she was talking, but o heard nothing. She seemed frantic.

“What?!” I asked loudly to at lest try to hear my voice. A magical field swept around me and, as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared leaving me able to hear once again. “Yes?” I said softly, looking down at Twilight at the same time.

“We need to hurry! I forgot to send a letter in time!” In a flash and pop, we were in the library. I stayed where I was until I was hit in the head by a book causing me to go unconscious.


I woke up a few hours later to find all the girls standing over me. We all stayed like that for a few seconds before all our faces turned bright red at the fact we were all nearly noise to noise.

They sat up quickly and turned around. I sat up a few moments later with one question on my mind. “So, if I was knocked out, why wasn’t I taken to the hospital if none of you know were the vitals were to check if I was alive.” I asked as I was thinking of sinking back into the couch I found myself on.

“We were, but we know nothing about you.” Rainbow said sheepishly.

“Okay. First, I’m male, obviously. Next, I’m not allergic to anything. I’m omnivorous. Blood type is known. Race, human. Lastly, age is fourteen.” They looked... appalled for something reason before gaining a seductive look except for Fluttershy who had a small smile. Oh shit. “Um... I think I’ll go now.” I sat up and walked into the basement.

Once I closed the door, uproarious laughter rang through the room I was just in. They were messing with me like that were they. I don’t like how things are turning out and I think I may have set the last nail in the coffin for just saying my age.

I shook my head of any thoughts before realizing something. How am I going to make the props. I walked beck out with my head hanging low and a small smile. I walked past the girls and into the open air.


I’m lost for sure at this point. I have no idea where I am and, to top it all off, it’s night.

I use the flashlight function on my phone to se where I’m going, but, unfortunately, it died. My number one source of light was gone and the beam of light that once cut itself through the darkness, was now gone.

To avoid freaking out, I lay on the ground with my head facing the sky. I admire the night sky with a passion. I chuckle to myself on a simple fact.

“The one thing I can’t draw. It would never be as beautiful as the real thing.” I say aloud.

“Does thuo really like our night sky that much?” I sat up in an instant and looked around. I regret it as I’m greeted by the pitch black streets. I immediately curl into a ball and hope the pony has a light. “Did we scare you good sir?” I could now tell it was female because it sounded much closer than before.

“N-no. I’m scared of the dark.” I said almost ready to have a little mental breakdown.

In a flash of light, a small orb of light appeared in front of me. On the other side was a unicorn/Pegasus mare. Her hair was flowing in a nonexistent wind with small dots of light. Her hair actually remained me of the night sky. Her eyes were a light cyan or jade color. I just stared in awe and mentally kicking myself for not bringing my sketchbook while she was in the same state of shock.

“WOW. Just... wow.” It was all I could say at this point.

“We didn’t think you would be this.” She said in her own awe. She stared at one another for a few minutes before I remembered my predicament.

“If you can, may you help me get back to the library. Twilight is letting me say there.” I ask with a hopeful smile.

“We shall hell thy in there endeavor. Follow us.” I just now noticed the old English she was speaking. I decided to say nothing about it as she was helping me and it honestly slipped my mind.


The tree came into the light as we finally made it. It wasn’t a long journey, but it was definitely not short. “We are here.” She said with a warm smile.

“Thank you for your help...” I trailed off at her name.

“Luna. An thuo is?” She leaned forward just a little in anticipation.

“Call me Blacklight Solaire. See you when I see you.” I walked inside and found six angry mare glaring at me. I chuckled nervously because I was usually never in this situation. “I... got lost.” I answered before any of them could ask. “But, I got help from a possible new friend.” Twilight seemed to soften her glare.

“Well. Who was it?” Twilight asked with an quirking an eyebrow.

“I think her name was Luna if I remember correctly.” They all gasped at that an I was even more confused on why I wasn’t being lectured by any of them. “What?”

“Luna is one of the rulers of Equestria!” Rarity yelled making me almost go deaf... again.

“Okay, so what. It must be reliving to not to have some one fawning over you.” I said like it was no big deal. Something came to mind when I said that. “By the way, why the fuck did you act like that when I told you my age?” They blushed after I brought it up.

“First, we wanted to mess with you. Second, we were first stunned that you were our age. Well except Fluttershy who’s a year older than us.” Rainbow explained, but more questions popped up.

“Then how do you have your own houses? What’s the age limit for ponies to become adults? For me it’s eighteen.” I wanted to bring that up because it would be great to know.

“Ponies become adults at twelve.” Twilight explains which now makes a lot of sense. I was beginning to get tired.

“Sorry girls, but it’s late. I’ll be in the basement again if you need me. Good night.” With that I went down stairs into the basement.

I found my stuff in the corner and I fished through it to try and find my phone charger. I found it as a thought went to the frontlines to be at the most insane idea ever. I did it anyway as I needed my phone to work. I was extremely lucky that they have power outlets which is a huge pulse for me. I plugged up my phone and went to sleep, ready for tomorrow’s events.