• Published 1st Apr 2018
  • 1,367 Views, 8 Comments

Jack of all trades - Blacklight Brony



Getting hit by a car sucks. Forced away from your family and away from something you practiced for two months will piss you off. Now I have no way of returning home. Plus, I’m still in high school. I’m not even an adult and I’ve seen shit. I’m fucked

  • ...
13
 8
 1,367

The Truth Reviled

Halloween, the best time of the year. A day of scares and fright which I love. The local blacksmith made the armor and placed an illusion on my wings the costume was something else.

The last costume had to be scrapped because it wouldn’t fit any more. I went the the local black Smith to make my new costume and the weapon that goes with it. Like I wrote earlier, I wasn’t planning on hiding my wings because I placed an illusion on them.

What was I going as, you may ask? Only one of my favorite characters in all the video games I have, Imperius, The Archangel Of Valour. He may have been a dick, but he still awesome with the armor. Blizzard ready went all out on Imperius and I’m glad they did.

I’m writing this before hand because I want to show how excited I am. If anyone reads this, here’s what he looks like. It’s a little hard to draw it on this paper, but I’ll try.

Holy crap I did it. It may look like a model, but that’s just with exigent shading. I’m going to go now, Twilight is calling for me.


“Hold on! I just need to do something!” I yell back at her. At least she respects my privacy.

I put on the armor with gusto, I put the halo over my head where it spun slowly while floating, I placed the illusion on my wings, and grabbed the spear. I never told Twilight or Sierra about my costume, I only mentioned the illusion once and that was by accident.

I walked to the railing where the the mane six, Spike, Sierra, and Saris all waited. Don’t blame me for being a horrible care taker of the dire wolf. I don’t know what they eat. When we’re here, I play with the pup even though she’s around chest hight now.

They haven’t noticed me at that point and I was ready to scare. I valued over the railing and landed with a loud thud making the room shake. I looked over them menacingly. They slowly turn around to face me when I spoke on my most booming voice.

“Mortals shall not continue to walk in the high heavens! You shall DIE!” I shouted loudly with the spear pointed towards them. I saw yellow liquid puddle on the ground and the eight look sheepish. “Was I really That scary.” I was laughing, but backing away from the pee. “Go change.” I say after my fit of laughter. Saris was just trying to get outside now. At least she’s potty trained.

I let Saris out as the eight walk back in. “What the fuck was that?!” Sierra yelled at me. “What are you?!” She was really pissed.

“My costume is from a game called Diablo 3. I chose the Archangel Of Valour, Imperius.” I spun the spear and it disappeared in white smoke. I enchanted it to do that so it would look real. It only does that with certain motions. “That just for added effect.”

“Blacklight, your getting a hang of your magic! Good for you!” I smile at the praise I got from Fluttershy. It goes unnoticed because of the golden helmet.

“Thanks, but we have all night ahead of us. Let’s go.”

“Okay, Saris just wanted to to visit.”

“It’s okay Fluttershy. We thank you for taking care of her for us. I’m trying to convince Twilight of letting Saris sleep with me.”

“I still done see how you can do that.” She answered irritated.

“Try doing it in a twin sized bed. It’s even smaller than mine.” She though about it before a shiver ran over her body.

“F-fair point.” She stutters Before walking out.


I walk out and Fluttershy immediately zooms off to her cottage. She had the speed to put Rainbows to shame.

I examine the girls with a curious eye. Twilight wore a wizards outfit, Spike a dragon costume, Pinkie a chicken, Applejack a scarecrow, Rainbow a Shadow Bolt uniform, Rarity was... I don’t even know, and Sierra had ragged clothes one to look like a slave. I felt a shiver go down my spine after seeing that again. I’m just glad I don’t have to wear that anymore.

I put another illusion on my wings to make them seem invisible.

“Sorry to cut this short, but I have a haunted house to run.” I say walking away from the group.

About three weeks ago, I was asked by a unicorn to help with a haunted house. She was known around Equestria for her haunted houses and scary movies. I watched the movies and I was really disappointed. She asked me to show her true horror after I confronted her to tell her that we should do a collaboration on horror.

She asked me what I knew about horror and I showed her what I knew about it. Suffice to say she lost her lunch. When the movie ended, she was trembling with a far off look with her pupils shrunk.

At that time I was walking to meet her in front of the house. My idea was a mix of the Grudge, Silent Hill, and The Evil Within some disturbing images and scary themes.

I forgot to mention her name. Her name was Bloody Horror and she had a film for a cutie mark and her coat was crimson.

I met up with her on the out side of the town hall. It was perfect and we got approval to use it from the mayor her self. We spent the past two weeks and a half working on it and we finally finished yesterday.

“Are you ready to test it out?” I ask turning to her. All she saw was a armored figure’s head turn to her.

“Ya. Let’s do this. Hopefully the illusions hold.” She response with a shaky tone. The illusions of other ponies would be secretly created to add to the thrill.

We walk inside and the room was empty. An dull clicking sounded out as we stepped into the center it the room. One of the illusions walked to a shadow and was pulled into it. Blood and gore spilled from the shadow and the other illusions panicked.

We bolted to the next room where the Pyramid Head would appear. Before he would the doll from one of the games brutally killed the holder before the Pyramid Head killed it. The lights flickered and he disappeared. They flickered again and the appeared in front of the group. He swung his mighty blade killing the rest of the illusions.

We ran past him and into the last room. It was a narrow hallway with one door that said exit. We walked towards it. A loud bang came from behind us followed by concrete crumbling. We look behind us with Bloody in fear, I was just unamused, we ran for the exit and burst through it all the illusions reset.


I face palmed as it would be the scariest thing for ponies, but not me. It didn’t turn out as I thought it would.

“That is perfect.” Said Bloody with a wide smile.

“That was disappointing for me. Probably because I’m not good at horror shit.” I responded irritation. “Well I’ll be off. I have ponies to meet and a costume contest to participate in.” I walk away and not even three minutes later, I hear a loud thunder clap.

I slowly turned to the cloud that had a Rainbow sticking out of it. I clap slowly with an unamused stare towards the cloud that I knew Rainbow was in.

I walk away defeated that I wasn’t scared. Damn you horror movies. You made me immune to pony horror. burn in hell.


I got lost in the Everfree again, but this time I don’t have my sword. I wandered around until I came across a statue of Nightmare Moon.

Wow. You really made an impact on the society here.

‘Shut up.’

It wasn’t long until I heard voices behind me. I grind as I stood perfectly still, facing the same way the statue did. Soon the voice became coherent and I could put a face to the voice.

They all pause when they see me with confused looks. I see Pinkie holding in her laughter while the zebra was just confused as were the entire class of colts and fillies.

“Go on. I’ll take a picture.” Pinkie said in her excitable tone. They hesitantly stand in front of me and put on a smile.

I see a colt with brown dots on his whit coat in front of me. He had the pony version of a pirate costume on with a fake sword. When they least expect it, I slowly take off his hat and swiftly hold it up.

The zebra is then containing her laughter with a hoof and breathing deeply to not let it slip. Pinkie took the picture and I made a sudden movement followed by a scream. They jump into the air scream and ran to the adults of the group while I just laugh.

I spin the hat on one finger to show I had the colts hat. I kneeled down, holding out the hat with a gentle hand. The colt noted that I had it and walked up to me with a wide smile.

“T-thanks mister...” he trailed of at my name which I chuckled. I took of the helmet slowly and the halo over my head fell around my neck. He gasped loudly while the rest weren’t paying attention before saying, “Blacklight!” He yelled in his British accent. The rest turn to me with wide smiles and I got jumped.

I was at their mercy until my savior spoke up to gain their attention. “Now children, let Blacklight stand.” They get off with a smile which I return. “Certainly, Blacklight, you have a plan.” The zebra said rhyming.

“I do, but I’m already done.” I responded with a smile. “Maybe it will attach the princess of the sun.” I could play the rhyming to. Thank you eighth grade. Those poems were really worth reading as well as making.

“I see you can rhyme. Can you tell me why.” I wouldn’t, but not now.

“Not now. We still have to entertain the colts and fillies somehow.” It would have been a better if I didn’t start this game of rhymes.

“True, lets continue.” I zoned out after that with an uninterested look.

It was about how Moon would eat them if they didn’t offer her one peace. They also wear costumes to hide them selves from Nightmare Moon. I felt my face fall to a frown and it deepen until I was barring my teeth angrily. The image of Moon sniffing and cry came to mind as I heard the sounds in my head. I couldn’t stay till the end as I left to continue my walk through the woods. With an angry look stuck on my face.


I found a clearing where I sat down and began to calm my self. Moon was still sniffing a little, but there was nothing I could do to show she wasn’t what others maker her out to be and it hurt that I couldn’t help a friend in need. I took a deep breath in and held it for ten seconds before releasing it. I continue this until I was calm before I got up.

Before I completely sat up, thunder and lightning sounded out through the air and a black chariot came from the sky. I was confused before I saw my two friends in the night guard.

Night and blood wing. They were brother and sister that joined with a month interval and quickly became friends after I slowly became nocturnal in the camp. They never had stoic expression on their face which was why they made it on the personal guard of Princess Luna. They were more of friends than guards.

Night wing is the mare with a pitch black coat and a dark purple mane. She had a cutie mark of a Pegasus over the moon.

Blood wing was the stallion and had a crimson coat and a dark purple mane. His cutie mark was two swords crossed behind a shield and spear.

“Glad to see you made it.” I said putting on my helmet which caused the halo to float above my head.

The three recognized me and I got tackled by two mares. The Alicorn and thestral that tackled me were crushing me with a hug. I, somehow, felt it through the armor and it hurt.

“Okay. Please don’t kill me.”I pleaded with a strained voice. I looked to Luna with a questioning look. “Do they know about...” I threw a thumb behind me which signaled my wing, but was towards the town.

“No they do not.” She responded with a smile.

“Are we missing something?” Blood wing asked confused.

“No. Just something I want to keep to my self until I get use to it.” I said to not get questioned constantly like the other two that do that. Not mentioning any names, but Twilight and Sierra.

“Okay. Nice costume.” Night said with a smile.

“You haven’t seen the full of it.” I set up the illusion of my wings turning into the archangel’s wings and the spear formed after I held my hand out. “If you have been to my world, you may find people that would consider this the most realistic costume of the game its from.”

“Princess Luna.” I heard a familiar voice call out. I turn to it and found Twilight running up to us. “Glad to see you made it.” Twilight gave a bow before standing back up.

“GREETINGS TWILIGHT SPARKLE!!!” Luna yelled in a defining loudness. I don’t care if it’s correct grammar, it works.

“HOLYSHIT! That was loud.” I said in surprise as she never spoke like that. “No one speaks like that anymore.”

“THIS IS HOW WE SPOKE TO OUR SUBJECTS ALL THOSE YEARS AGO!!!”

“Trust me. Yelling will get you nowhere.” She took a deep breath in and leveled a glare at me.

“How would you know?” She asked with her glare softening a little.

“When I was younger, I had anger issues... you know what, fuck that. They weren’t anger issues, they were straight up rage issues. People yelled at me for punishment, but it never helped. When they lowered their volume, I was able to actually hear what they were saying and, with a few years of them keeping the volume down, I now no longer have rage issues. There is still the possibility of me going off but it would take a lot for me to do that now.” I needed to get that of my chest before I lost my shit and would have to go to a therapist. To even attempt to lower my rage, we went through five therapists and none of them helped. They weren’t bad, but I was just hardheaded. “Actually, It was probably when I began reading often when I began to mellow out.”

“It couldn’t have been that bad.” Blood responded.

“It was bad. I was suspended twice from school and nearly expelled all together.” He gulped loudly. “Let’s get back to topic. That would not help tonight. This is a night where ponies basically celebrate Nightmare Moon’s banishment.” Luna grinned her teeth and her face darkened. “I hate the reason too, but I may have a plan.”

“What is it?” Luna asked with venom. My smile grew as she lost her angered look which was replaced with confusion.

“Easy. I create a magical copy of her so others can see that she’s not evil. I know we can’t say you became that interpretation to protect the rest of the divines, but we can say that Moon did it tr protect what’s left of her race.” Luna smiled softly as a caring gaze was sent my way.

“Just like Merlin.” She whispered softly hope no one would catch it. Unfortunately, I did.

“Merlin. You know him.” I said with widen eyes. Her eyes widen as well before encasing us in a dome.

The air felt weird and unnatural. I tried to make a sound to get the others attention before I realized that it was a silencing spell.

“I know of Merlin. We, my sister and I, wanted to keep this from you. You were not the first human in Equestria or on Equus. Merlin was a powerful mage and his spells has put our magic to shame at the time. We gave him an empire, but he grew corrupt and took his divine’s name. He enslaved the entire empire and he abused his divine to gain more power. We tried to defeat him and free the empire, but he banished the empire along with himself. That was a thousand years ago and when we heard about you, we were scared that you were the same, but the bond you made with my sister’s student destroyed all those fears and in place was hope of another friend and one that can help take back that empire when it returns. Please forgive us because we kept this from you.” She explained with a hint of sorrow, but what made me forgive her was when she shedded a tear. I got to her level and hugged her. She jerked back out of surprise, but I soon felt her forelegs wrap around me.

“Of corse I do. I know you kept this from me to protect the others and me. Somethings are better left unknown then known. It doesn’t change my view on you or the others. You are still my friend and t wouldn’t have it any other way.” I reassured before pulling away and giving her a smile that she mirrored. “Now, we have a divine to help and I’ll need a princess to help me.” She nodded and the silencing spell faded and the noises of the world returned. “Let’s get this started. We have a long night a head of us.”

We all made our way to the town with us getting lost twice. A word of warning, I’m a horrible navigator.


We all met up at Fluttershy’s cottage with everyone, including Luna and the wing siblings, and we were about to show our plan. Luna looked guilty of something, but I guess that it was pinning the blame on Moon. I don’t like it either, but we don’t have much of a choice.

I stood in front of everyone with a neutral gaze that hid my nervousness. “Are you ready Twilight?” I asked, looking at the unicorn for an answer. The rest were confused and a little hurt from being left in the dark about my divine.

I looked at our friends with hope that they’ll accepte her. I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly to calm my nerves which surprisingly worked.

“I know your wandering why your here.” They all have their own version of yes. “I know you know about me having a divine, but I never even told you who she was.” Sierra stepped forward to me because she met my divine when our dreams were linked.

Before they got rowdy, Twilight and I combined our magic to create Moon. Unlike the pictures and paintings I’ve seen, she didn’t have her armor or regalia on. Although, she still had those cat like eyes. Everyone got into defensive positions which caused me to instinctively step in front of her. This seemed to anger the rest.

“Why are y’all protestin’ her!” Applejack snarled with venom in each word.

“AJ’s right. What are you protecting her!” Rainbow yelled with even more venom. I bared my teeth as they grinned and my magic flared crimson around my clinched hands. I resisted the erg to punch those two because they were told lies to protect her sister.

“Because Nightmare Moon is my divine.” That shut them up quickly. Their defensive positions wavered a little.

“T-this isn’t time to joke, Blacklight.” Rarity said with a little stutter.

“‘Tis is a joke. It’s time you know the truth.” Luna responded coming from behind them. They jumped into the air with screams.

“What truth... if you don’t mind me asking?” Fluttershy asked in her timid tone.

Luna took a deep breath in before releasing it. “Many years ago, there was a genocide. The victims were the divines and... and.” She shook a little before she took a determined gaze. “I can not lie. I took Nightmare Moon’s form and name to purposely be sent to the moon. I turn the last four divines in existence into immortal spirits and told them to hide within me. I left a note that my sister must have found and read. When I came back, she thanked me for doing what I did.” All their gazes were fixed on the floor with solemn expressions. “But with your actions, the divines were free from me. And for that we all thank you. Nightmare Moon, Ronan, Beowulf, and Solar Flare. Thank you for saving them.” I smiled at her for her honesty and the why she worded it.

“I-I never knew about that. I’m so sorry Nightmare Moon.” Fluttershy apologized with tears streaming from her face. Fluttershy flew up to her and gave her a hug.

“Well now we have an entire town to do this to.”I butted in not wanting to ruin the moment, but we were wasting time to do this and we can all celebrate. “Are you ready for this, Moon? It’s time the truth came out.” She smiled gently which caused me to do the same in turn.


I walked out of the pathway with a large smile on my face. Pinkie was being Pinkie with her ability to fuckin’ teleport some how. I saw her reappear in front of someone; therefore scaring the poor pony while tell them to meet at the costume contest stage before disappearing.

I climbed on to the stage with my magic flared and dancing around my arm. In minutes, the front of the stage was crowded with ponies that wanted to see what Pinkie has been spreading. I smiled widely that went unnoticed due to the helmet covering my head.

I heard the clopping of hooves from my right and left. Luna was at my left with a worried look while Twilight was at my right with a soft smile. I created an orb of magic and the other two shot their magic into my orb as it grew.

I stared at the crowd with an amused look as they all stared in awe at the extremely colorful display. Soon, I heard the orb deconstruct until a pony shaped object was all that was remaining.

“Hello ladies and gentlemen! I know that isn’t the wording your use to, but I’m not comfortable with the vocabulary yet! There is something that everyone has been left in the dark about! That is the sacrifice Princess Luna has committed! Nightmare Moon is a complete different being than Luna! Nightmare Moon is known as a divine, a creature that grants magic to all living beings without it! They help grant magical control like unicorns to Pegasi or earth ponies! One day, the divines were driven to near extinction and Luna locked away the last three that weren’t already looked away in side of her and aloud her self to be banished to the moon under the alias of her divine, Nightmare Moon! Those divines were freed after she returned and continued to hold this secret! Now, in front of you, I present Nightmare Moon!” I stepped away from Moon who was still laying on the ground. She got up with a conferring smile and the crowd took small steps back.

Moon saw this and her smile fell. She turned to me with a sad look and a tear welling in her eye before saying, “I told you this wouldn’t work. Fear travels a long way. At least they know I’m your divine now so I’ll at least make it up to them.” My anger rose at that moment and I was about to go off before the spotted colt approached her. She didn’t notice, but I gave a soft smile as he hugged her leg. She jumped a little before looking down at the colt. He seemed content with nuzzling her leg as I bent down and hugged her as well. I soon saw that more of the populous walk forward to meet the mare.

“Do you call this a fail.” I asked her with a cocky smile.

“I would, but I don’t want to inflate your ego. Rainbow is supposed to be the one that’s full of her self.”

“Hey!” I heard Rainbow yell from the crowd and I chuckled.

I stared out to the crowd with a smile before it dropped. Thought ran through my head as I watch Nightmare Moon get aquatinted with the town. Would they be able to accept me for being how I am now, or would they reject me for my new nature? I’m leaning towards the former at this point, but I had a feeling that was crawling at the back of my mind. The feeling was that they would know soon.

I brushed it off, but the feeling still lingered until I was approached by bloody horror. “How was the house?” I asked which she responded with a wide smile.

“Had to add another room where it explained that each death was just and illusionary pony at the beginning after the complaints, but after that, we were a success. Oh, here’s your pay.” She teleported a bag of bits in my arms. It was heavy, even for my demon strength. I opened it to find bronze, silver, and gold bits.

I’m going to put this on pause for now as I realized that I haven’t explained the money in Equestria. The bronze is worth one, the silver is worth twenty, and the gold is worth fifty. Resume.

“Holy shit. How much is in here?” I asked with wide eyes directed to the bag.

“A good thousand, give or take. I even went to the bank to cash in most of it so that it was easier.” I gulped and stashed it in my pocket dimension.

“Wow. If that was good, I wander how Dark Souls is going to sell.” I didn’t want to say it out loud, but I was still clouded by how much we made. We agreed that I would get ten percent and if that Was as much as I got in a few hours, I wander how much I’ll get after I finished he book. Also, how many fucking ponies are in Ponyville.

“Dark Souls? What’s that?”

“Damn. It’s a book based off a game from my world. I wanted some ponies to get my reference to the game so I began to write it. Unfortunately, writing with one arm is not easy so I’m not that far. I’m only at the part where the main character gets the third lord soul and then has to fight the Bed Of Chaos.” I know I might be spoiling a little bit of it but she’s cool with me and I trust her enough not to spill the beans. “If you want to, tell others about it, but not what to expect. I want to get some hype before I finish and hopefully nothing happens to where I’ll be in a vary bad position, but with the luck I have, that won’t happen.”

“Okay, And I’ll keep that little bit of info to myself. I need to go now and thanks for the collaboration. Let’s do it again sometime.” I smiled as she left and that feeling returned with even more force.


I felt something nuzzle my side with eagerness. I looped around to find Saris with her tail wagging and panting happily. Behind her was Fluttershy with her head covered with her hooves.

“S-she wanted t-to see you.” She said with a stutter.

“Well thank you. I appreciate it.” She stayed by Saris as I walked into the Everfree with the dire wolf trailing me. I was going to show Fluttershy as I needed another opinion on the subject, this one would be the final option that I’ll need as this would be the one that will tell them within the week or wait longer. “Fluttershy, What I’m about to show you will be kept a secret. I need an opinion on this.”

“W-w-what is it?” She was uncomfortable at this point. I took off the upper half of the armor and removed the illusions on my wings. I glanced at her to find her covering her mouth with a hoof.

“I need help. Should I tell the town and risk being run out, or not say a thing and live peacefully, but hold onto my secret.”

“What are you?”

“Half human, half demon. I need this Fluttershy. What should I do?”

“You...” she trailed off with a gulp that could have been bad for me. “You should tell the town. You saved us and gave your life for me, our friends, and an entire clan. You also gave your arm to protect the secrets of an organization that you had no business in, yet you still helped and sacrificed what you use most.”

“Thank you. Also, please stop bringing up me loosing an arm. I’m trying to forget that.” I smiled at her with kindness which I mirrored off of her.


We got back to town with me having all the armor on. She gave me a wide smile that told me I was going to preform as I remembered it from the Summer Sun Celebration.

“Okay. I will.” I said with exasperation. She beamed before I zooming off. I looked around and didn’t see Moon anywhere which meant that she returned to me.

‘Blacklight.’

Yes

‘I found how you recognize Equestria, but they’re locked away. It will take som time to unlock it. I did, however, find a song that was made by your people about Nightmare Night. Would you like to receive it?’

Yes, I would.

‘Great, but this means that your people know about Equestria or you know. Something is keeping it looked away.’

We'll figure it out later. Let’s do this first.

I felt the song come to me as I walked to the stage. I smiled before I found a familiar DJ on the stage with me.

“You ready Vinyl?!” I asked with a wide smile after I took of my helmet.

“Hay ya! Let’s do this!” She responded. The music started with the piano, but quickly turned to dubstep.

https://m.

The crowd cheered as I finished with the song. That was definitely ment for Nightmare Night, but where did I hear it.