• Published 1st Apr 2018
  • 1,368 Views, 8 Comments

Jack of all trades - Blacklight Brony



Getting hit by a car sucks. Forced away from your family and away from something you practiced for two months will piss you off. Now I have no way of returning home. Plus, I’m still in high school. I’m not even an adult and I’ve seen shit. I’m fucked

  • ...
13
 8
 1,368

Royal guard: shit, assassins: better

We have done our training with the royal guards and I must say... I’m really disappointed in them. I kicked all their asses at one on one combat with my bow only. I just hope the group in Saddle Arabia is actually good.

I finally figured out how to create a pocket dimension as I put something in it. After thirteen explosions, I finally got it as well as we figured out how much magic I actually have. I have as much raw magical energy as a fillies but my reserves are as large, if not larger, than all three alicorns combined.

My pocket dimension had two thousand arrows, learned how to duplicate, twenty thousand bullets for my Rsh-12, extra armor like the one I got, basic necessities like food and water, my journal, and my instruments.

My hidden blade that acted like a crossbow could be shot as many times as you’d like sense the blade would just teleport back into the gauntlet. It was vary useful sense I wouldn’t have to make a request to have more made.

I have expanded my magical reserves by 100 percent so I can now my magic for twice as long. My lightning magic has gotten stronger with me using it all the time which got me the nickname of ‘The Lightning Mage’ from the guards.

Yes, I forgot about the snake, but it didn’t go to waste as it became my platoon’s pet. He is now loved by everyone in the platoon and we used him to prank the princesses sense we could hear them scream from the barracks. I was caught by Twilight every time. It didn’t matter as the snake was still a massive help.

“Well, they were disappointing. I thought the royal guard would actually be good. Their training regiment was absolute shit.” I said sitting next to Twilight as she was reading a book.

“You did make a fool out them during combat training. You also laugh in the face of many unicorns when you used your magic to destroy their shields.” She explained while not looking up from her book. She was reading Extinction: Horizon, one of my favorite next to the Fifth Wave and Divergent.

“I didn’t want to do it, but I just had to exploit their falts to see if they would improve. None of them did except Shining Armor.” That got his respect and friendship because all his guards did good enough work instead of their best. I, somehow, met the gold tear standards.

The train lurched as the operators hit the brakes when the station was in view. It was made of wood but was eroded due to the sand. Saddle Arabia was all sand out side the city for miles which got me thinking how an assassin group actually would hide. I shook the thought from my head before I thought it would be a lost cause.

We were the only ones to get off and I found that there were bipedal cats everywhere. I was tempted to call them khajiit because of Skyrim, but I held my tongue.

The town didn’t seemed welcoming at first before you found its charm as it looked like it was controlled by outlaws. I took my short sword out of the pocket dimension and let the dark energy connect it to my side.

Two dogs approached us with wicked grins. I prepared myself for a fight, but didn’t show it. I was right as one tried to stab me with his sword. I ducked under the attack as I unsheathed my sword. Swiftly, I put the blade into a reverse grip and stab him in the back of his neck. I roll over his back, using him as a shield against his friend’s spear. It gets stuck in him as the perfect opportunity appears because he doesn’t know to let go when a weapon is stuck. I pull my sword out of the corpse’s neck and cut off his friend’s left hand which made him cry in pain. I add a little stile as I spin which ends in the decapitation of the second dog.

They were uncoordinated, sloppy, and slow. The naga were much faster and had much better training. I look over at Twilight who has a horrified expression.

“You okay Twilight?” I asked which set the last nail as she fainted. “Of corse.” I sagged my shoulders as I had to carry her.

I picked her up which got a soft smile from her as I held her like one of my dogs. She wasn’t one though, but that was all I could compare it to.

I looked around to get my surroundings and found a cat thing on a roof. She, if the fact that she was slimmer than the males I saw, had a dark brown, skin tight suit one. She also had a long sword on her back that stayed due to a sling across her chest.

She stared at me as I did the same. I don’t think she knew I was human because my hood and balaclava was up. I kept them up as I suspect that she was one of the assassins I was looking for.

I blinked once and she was gone. I was shocked to say the least when she seemed to disappear. I scanned the road before I found her near an ally. She walked into the ally slowly and I followed a little more quickly.

When I reached the ally, I felt a hand over my mouth area whch made me hold Twilight tighter so she wouldn’t fall when I got dragged in. She pulled me in and, instead of getting a blade to my neck, she placed a finger over the general area of her mouth. In a few seconds, guards passed us and they were dogs.

She pulled her own balaclava down to speak. “Follow me.” She said in a commanding tone.

She pulled her balaclava up and pulled a plank up and disappeared from view. I walked over and pulled up the plank and found a hole. I dropped in and the plank fell with a soft thud.


I dropped in and found the cat woman waiting for me.

“Before we continue, who are you?” She asked with a neutral tone.

“Blacklight Solaire, and you?” I said in the same tone.

“Sierra. Nice to meat you.”She held out her hand which I took.

“No last name?” I was a little curious if she had one unlike some ponies.

“Slaves aren’t given one.” What the fuck. “You must’ve been born free.” She looked down in sadness.

I moved one of my hands to my balaclava and pulled it down. She paused at my appearance and, for some reason, started to stutter to form a sentence.

“My nation done away with slaves over a hundred years ago. It’s highly looked down upon.” I explained when she finally was able to finally say a coherent sentence.

“Okay, but you looked at me like you knew me.” We walked through a sewer like system.

“I was looking for you. I’m trying to gain as many fighting styles and hope to do some good. I’ll do my best to help you if I can train with you. That speed can be useful for over powering stronger foes.” I was blunt because I don’t want to start of with lies.

She sighed deeply before speaking. “It is. Before I do anything, let’s get you aquatinted with the rest.” I nod and we don’t say anything for about half way through.

Twilight woke up in my arms with a cute yawn and I couldn’t help it as I ‘awwed’ at the adorable sight. She opened her eyes to see me holding her like an animal, which I know know is the equivalent of the bridal style, through the sewer. She blushed and swiftly got out of my grasp and walked beside me.

“You didn’t have to do that.” Twilight said modestly. She still had a slight blush as well as she kept her eyes shut when she said that. She opened her eyes which had a hint of anger and lust. I felt a chill go down my back. “I’m guessing we found them, right?” She assumed. She must be a little apprehensive about my idea of joining an assassin’s group, but the armor I’m wearing is made for assassins and I don’t want to put it to waste.

“Yes we found them.” I answered as I spotted a small glimmer of light a little bit farther from our position.

“Don’t let that distract you. It’s a trap for any of those dogs that come down here.” Sierra warned as she spotted what I was looking at. “If your wandering why we attack the dogs in the city, I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for us to get to base. It’s not to far now.”

Sierra lead us around the traps, tricks, and illusions that littered the sewer. It wasn’t until ten minutes of dodging and avoiding traps that we finally made it to the base of operations.


If I said I walked in with no problems, I would be lying. When I walked in, I hit my head on the doorframe.

“Are you kidding me! I still have to duck!” I yelled with no regulars as I was pissed.

I looked around after getting to my feet to find hundreds of cat people wearing the same clothes as Sierra. The majority were female while I saw one or two males. Suffice to say, I towered over them by five inches. I face palmed as I didn’t notice it sooner. I don’t thank Twilight or Sierra knew until they saw me in this crowd.

“How tall are you?!” Sierra yelled shocked at my hight.

“I grew an inch after the shity royal guard training, so about six foot one.” I said easily like it was normal.

They weren’t wearing their balaclavas or hoods because I saw all their jaws drop. I took off my hood and balaclava just to see what would happen. A few fainted as they saw me and I nearly laughed.

“If your wandering what I am, I’m human. The only one in the world.” I said, but I doubt that they were listening. I turned my body into a shadow and dispersed in different directions until I reformed to my normal self. That snapped them out of their shock.

“A new creature!”

“He’s so tall!”

“He has magic, amazing!”

More shouts of amazement rang out, but those were the only ones I could hear. I felt a tugging on my right arm and I was pulled to face levels with Sierra.

“You didn’t tell me you had a divine!” She whispered loudly. It left me in shock as I had no idea she had one.

“I didn’t know you had one.” I whispered back as I wiggled my arms free before crouching and disappearing.

She looked around in shock her after I disappeared. I tapped her on the shoulder and she saw nothing. I made a sudden movement and the illusion disappeared as I stood tall in front of her. She fumed a crowd gathered around me.

I was asked a multitude of questions before I finally had enough. I found Twilight in the San predicament. I carfully made my way through the crowd until I was close to Twilight. I had a plan, but I needed a distraction. I had one and it was a long shot.

“Look! A distraction!” I yelled and everyone, even Sierra, turned their heads.

I grabbed Twilight and was ready to use the grappling hook. There was a second ring on my ring finger that when pulled, meaning pulling my wrist down, the grappling hook would shoot out. I did so as everyone turned back to us one to see me get pulled to the roof which was seven feet up.

“Holy shit! That worked!” I yelled in astonishment. “I can’t even fathom how that even work!” I was extremely excited.

“I can’t believe they fell for it. You even said distraction.” Twilight pointed out. “That shouldn’t have worked.” I scoffed.

“Trust me. This got me out of many situations back on earth.”

It wasn’t long before fire cause me to lose focus, which allowed magic to keep the hook connected to the surface, and we fell. I rapped my other arm around Twilight and let my back face the ground.

I felt intense pain corse through my back as I hit the ground. I grounded loudly and released Twilight from my grasp.

“Well there goes tonight’s plans.” Twilight said making me chuckle.

“Maybe not.” I responded as I raised my hand and a golden orb formed in my grasp. It fell from my hand and into my torso, healing everything sense it was only sore from the fall. I stood up quickly and found the stone floor cracked when I hit it. “Wow, this armor is really strong. I didn’t even know it would protect me from that.” I paused, scanning the crowd for someone. “Now. WHO THE FUCK DID THAT?!” I was pissed.

Everyone recoiled, but Sierra stepped forward. She had a smug grin on her face. “I did. You flaunt off your gadgets that help you when you don’t have your own skill.” I know knew what she was doing. I smiled as she just wanted a reason so I took the bate because I was curious.

“Oh ya. Then how about a dual?” I pulled my sword from its sheath as lightning crackled in my hand.

“I accepted.” She pulled her sword from its sheath and fire burned in her hand. I got a good look at her like this. She was five foot nine with black fur and green eyes. She was fit and it showed with her slim body ment for speed. She actually reminds me of one of my cats.

She threw fire at me which I destroyed with my lightning, creating a large smoke cloud. I didn’t notice that she was in front of me until it was too late.

I felt knee hit my stomach area singing me far back unconscious.


I woke up in a daze after I got my ass kick by Sierra. I lost far and square so I couldn’t complain. I took in my surroundings before I did anything.

I was laying in a bed that was definitely uncomfortable as it was extremely thin. The blanket was broken cloth that wouldn’t do anything to keep out the cold. I look at the walls, seeing it was stone as well as the roof. To my right was a dresser and a nightstand. To my left was a door that lead to who knows where. The wall in front of me was blank and was eagerly waiting to get some variety on it.

I was about to get up before I felt a weight on my chest. I lifted the covers and found Twilight huddled against my chest, nuzzling it slightly. I sighed before going back to sleep.


I was back in my dreamscape with Nightmare waiting for me. She had a grin as the familiar battlefield map formed around us.

It felt the same but I also felt like I was being watched. My bow formed in my hands as I prepared an arrow. “Eagle Eye.” I said as the slight blue tent appeared. I spun and shot the arrow, aiming for the leg. I attached a part of my dark energy to it so I could pull the observer to me.

With a cry of pain, I pulled the now wounded observer to me. When they were in front of me, I fount it was Sierra. I crossed my arms and asked, “Why are you here?” She gritted her teeth as she pulled the arrow from her leg.

“Why are you here? I went to sleep to train with Ronan when my dreamscape changed. I guess I’m in yours.” She explained and answering her own question.

We talked for a moment as I healed her leg with my magic and I asked what happened after I went out cold.

“Nothing much.” She waves a hand dismissively. “We took you to your room before doing some assassinations to high value members in order to break their army.”

“By the way, why are there more females than males?” I asked. She looked at me like I was stupid before I responded. “Different planet.” She was about to ask more before I cut her off once again. “Magic accident.” It dawned on her and she began to explain.

“I’m not sure the ratio on your planet, but the numbers are seventy percent female and thirty percent male. It’s mostly the reason there are herds where one male can have more than one female. Some only get one while others get ten.” I was sputtering at this. Polygamy is legal here. “Some treats females like property because of the ratio. The diamond dogs believe that females don’t deserve freedom, so they force them into their mines while the males collect the money. Everyone you see here was once a slave.” Well, that explains the naga clan treating their women. I looked down in sadness before looking up.

“I was told that Saddle Arabia was occupied by the ponies.” I butted in. Was my information wrong.

“Almost all of it is controlled by the ponies, but this bit of land and two hundred miles around is diamond dog territory. This is the capital and the only way into the country other than foot. We destroy the government, we free the slaves. Then we merge with the ponies.” I nodded and figured out a plan.

“We’ll need information. Capture one high up in the ranks, they should know a lot, and we get information from them. We’ll be destroying it in no time.”

“What if he refuses?” I looked at her with a sadistic grin.

“Do what humans do when we need information. Good old torture.” I didn’t have to look at her to see the horrified look. I felt the horror in the aura around us. “It’s effective.” I said in defense of my claim.

“It might be, but it’s just... wrong.” She rubbed her temples before looking at me. “How much experience do you have in combat?”

“I fought along side a clan of naga in order to keep another corrupt clan from running them out of their home. Other than that, only in video games.”

“Well, it looks like we have to train you. The naga may have trained you to look for an opening and how to block without a shield.” No, I actually it was the former that they taught me, I figured out the latter. “We manly use speed to a point where we look like we disappear. Anyone can do it, but it takes a lot of focus to even attempt our speed technique. After you got it down, it should be second nature.”

“This will be hell, won’t it?” She nodded as she stared into the battlefield map I always played the scout class on. “A little peace of my world... like it.” A helicopter flew over head, but got shot down by a jet. “Just like battlefield 4. One of the best games in my opinion.” I looked down and found the two teams in a fire fight. Although it should be loud as hell, it was silent except for us talking.

“A game... then, why is it so violent?” She was shocked to say the least.

“To give people, like me, a little taste of war. It will go in depth of the atrocities, sacrifices, and sadness of war. To some, it’s just a game. To others, it’s a reminder of who protect us each and every day.”

“We should wake up so we can maximize your training.” I nodded and the dreamscape faded away into nothing.


I woke up slowly and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I didn’t feel a weight on my chest so I knew she had gone somewhere else. I got up slowly as my body was still aching at that point.

I did what I did every morning sense I was six. Crack may back, fingers, neck and wrists. I walked out side to find a restroom to brush my teeth because there was no restroom in the room I was in. I did what I needed to do and was asked no questions as I wasn’t the only one brushing my teeth in the restroom.

I was still really groggy which was when I began to question the time. I checked my phone and it was two am. Holy crap, they get up earlier than me.

I did my normal routine of running a mile, found out I was faster. I increased my pushup and sit up maximum to thirty five. I was still tired so I went to the cafeteria that was to my left. I didn’t question how they did all this because I would just get lost.


I sat in the cafeteria neutering some coffee the chef mad me after seeing I was close to passing out. They are really nice because I found Sierra in the same situation as me because she looked like death.

“Didn’t sleep well?” She asked walking up to my table with the caffeinated drink in hand.

“No, this is just the earliest I ever woke up... never mind, I remember an earlier time.” I responded not looking at her. I didn’t care what she had to say until I was awake enough for me to care.

“You really need to wake up earlier.” I turned to her with the sharpest glare I could muster in my tired state.

“Got fuck yourself. I’m use to waking up at four am. Also lay off, my wake up needs to brain.” I didn’t realize that I said that until it was to late as Sierra was laughing hard.

I gave her the bird and continued to drink the now cold coffee. I grumbled as dark energy rapped around my arm and lightning crackled. The heat from the lightning heated up my coffee to the perfect temperature. I took a sip and sighed Heavily as my brain was finally getting some caffeine.

I finished my drink with Sierra as we headed back to the cooks with our now empty cups. We left to the training grounds to begin it.


I now regret not updating in this more often after that. It’s been two months since I joined them and halfway through the second month, I got captured.

I can’t remember what happened during my training as it just stopped there in my mind. All I remember was that, but more will come to me in time.

They read through my journal often to figure out where they’re hiding out. This is my first week in here and I got captured on the same day as my birthday, June 1st.

Right now something is considering me. My magic has been turning crimson red when my anger boils over and I lose all control of my body. In the back ground, I hear whispers of a extremely deep voice saying ‘come to...’ over and over, but it never finishes as the spike of rage ends. So far nothing happened except for getting captured and that voice.

I’ll write more when something different happens, either in the prison work camp or about the voice.

And dogs, if your reading this, I want you to know that you can do what ever you want to me. I’ll. Never. Talk. Burn in hell.