• Published 24th Mar 2018
  • 1,218 Views, 7 Comments

Mario and Kirby: Equestrian Adventures - FandomPlays1234

  • ...
 7
 1,218

Chapter 2: The Legends

Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Tiff, Tuff, Kirby, and Meta Knight followed Twilight and her friends as they led them to a small building just outside of ponyville.

"This is it," said Twilight.

"Looks kind of small for a lab don't you think?" asked Tuff.

"I don't think we should be worrying about that right now," said Meta Knight.

"Oh Twilight your back," a voice spoke up. Everyone turned around to find a pink unicorn standing next to a small dragon.

"Starlight thank Celestia you're ok," Twilight gasped.

"Of course I am, why do you look so worried?" Starlight asked.

"And who are those guys?" asked the dragon. Twilight and her friends quickly introduced Mario and company and explained the situation to Starlight and Spike.

"What the Elements of Harmony stolen!?" Starlight gasped.

"Yeah and if don't hurry who knows what Bowser and Dedede will start pulling off," said Yoshi.

"Well if your looking for the professor I'm afraid he's not here right now, he went out to get some supplies for a new invention he says," said Starlight.

"But we can't wait, do you know where he went?" asked Twilight.

"Lucky for you I'm here!" a voice spoke up. Starlight and Spike quickly moved out of the way as a short man wearing a lab coat and glasses walked up holding a tool box. "Hey Luigi how you doin old chap?" asked the scientist.

"Professor E. Gadd thank god we found you," said Luigi.

"Ah, no need to explain I assume it's the whole Bowser thing right?" asked the Professor.

"Uh yes and no," answered Luigi.

"Oh I guess it's a different emergency?" asked the professor.

"Professor you do remember what the Elements of Harmony was right?" asked Starlight.

"Oh yes I do indeed," answered E. Gadd.

"Truth is the Elements have been stolen by Bowser and Dedede," answered Mario.

"What!?" gasped E. Gadd. "But how, and since when did Bowser cooperate with others?"

"That's why were here, we need your help to track them down," said Meta Knight. Professor E. Gadd scratched his chin pondering.

"Ah it seems like that is only option," said E. Gadd.

"What is?" asked Rainbow.

"Mario do you recall of the Legendary Crystal Stars?" asked E. Gadd.

"You mean the powerful stars created by the Shadow Queen?" asked Mario.

"Yes those, you see ever since I arrived here I've been feeling quite uneasy about something," answered E. Gadd. "After doing some investigating I found that Bowser and Dedede was hanging around Equestria for at least a week now,"

"What!?" gasped Tiff.

"It turns out that they were planning on using the elements as tools of mass destruction to get rid of you and your friends so they can achieve their goals," added E. Gadd. "Thus they built an underground lair and installed some sort of monster transportation device that allowed them to order monsters from a place called Nightmare Enterprises,"

"Meta Knight thats...." said Tiff.

"Yes NME, but why he was supposed to be defeated by Kirby many years ago," said Meta Knight.

"But wait he can't just come back can he?" asked Tuff.

"Not himself but maybe something or someone brought him back," answered Meta Knight.

"Hmm it seems like we have quite the mystery here," said E. Gadd. "Why don't we go back to Celestia's Castle I would like to ask Peach more about the Crystal Stars since I don't know much and plus it's been a while since I'd seen her,"

"Aww come on seriously?" groaned Rainbow. Twilight shot her a glare obviously not amused with her complaints.

"Sure thing Professor," said Twilight.

"Then let's skedaddle shall we?" said the Professor. The group quickly turned around and started back for Celestia's Castle. When they finally reached the castle they explained everything they heard from E. Gadd and the return of NME.

"Wait so this NME or whatever came back after he was defeated by Kirby?" asked Peach.

"Sister do you think this has something to do with the return of those villains?" asked Luna.

"Wait Luna what did you say?" asked Starlight.

"Well I know this is out of the blues but 30 minutes after the attack by Bowser, we received a notice from Cadence saying that Chrysalis attacked the Crystal Empire," answered Celestia.

"Chrysalis!?" yelped Rarity.

Not only that but Nightmare Moon's presence suddenly became known, not inside of me but somewhere in this castle," added Luna.

"Nightmare Moon?" whimpered Fluttershy.

"Strangely we've also had reports of King Sombra Sightings in the Frozen North as well as Tirek sightings reported by Pegsi from Cloudsdale,"

"Ok something strange is definitely going on, we've beaten all these villains before, why are they coming back!?" asked Applejack.

"I'll tell you what's going on," answered a voice. The door suddenly opened as a blue coated stallion walked in. His mane and tail were both in streams of green and yellow and his cutie mark was a rainbow colored paper and ink pen. His eyes were in a deep shade of red and the aura on his horn was also rainbow color similar to his cutie mark.

"Um sorry who are you?" asked Yoshi.

"My name is Fandom Player," answered the stallion. "But my friends call my Fandom,"

"Hi I'm Pinkie!" Pinkie cheered.

"Yes I know who you are," said Fandom. "As a matter of fact I know all of you,"

"Really?" asked Spike.

Fandom nodded,"But I'm not here for greetings, you wanna know what's going on right?"

"Well yeah," said Pinkie.

"Alright then let me ask you this, have you noticed any similarities among the return of the villains?" asked Fandom.

"Well from the news we received from Cadence it appears that they were actually struggling to keep the Changelings away," answered Celestia.

"Nightmare Moon's presence feels stronger than before," said Luna.

"The reports have stated that both Sombra and Tirek can do much more devastating damage than before and their aggression seems to have increased," Celestia added.

Fandom nodded and turned to face Meta Knight,"Meta Knight are you aware that NME has been creating upgraded versions of the monsters that Kirby has defeated before, with an increase an aggression and violent behaviors?"

"What is that true?" asked Meta Knight.

"Indeed it is," answered Fandom. " It seems that from what you told me Princesses, and what I know about NME, they have all returned powerful as ever,"

"So they're all stronger than before?" asked Spike.

"That's right, and if we were to tie in all this information with the fact that Bowser actually managed to succeed for once it all leads to one conclusion," answered Fandom.

"Wait now that you mention it, Bowser actually DID something right for once," said Peach.

"Indeed, all this is a result of the reawakening of an ancient demon known as Dark Nightmare," added Fandom.

"Dark Nightmare?" asked Fluttershy.

"Dark Nightmare is a demon only mentioned in myths, it was born after a certain someone's jealousy and hatred grew too strong, along with the defeat of another ancient being known as Dark Matter," answered Fandom.

"Dark Matter?' asked Tiff.

"That's right, after Dark Matter was defeated, parts of it's body were scattered across the galaxies to prevent it's return , however when a piece fell into the world where negative emotions grew strong, it slowly began to regenerate," said Fandom. "But before it could finally regain it's true powers it tried to latch on a certain individual whose hate and jealousy had grown to strong which later evolved into a nightmare," Luna's ear twitched upon hearing that word.

"A nightmare?" Luna asked.

"That's right, when the piece of Dark Matter collided with the nightmare, it merged into one being and mutated, evolving into a hybrid with evil intentions," answered Fandom. "According to myths, it's life was completed when the devil himself possessed the mutated nightmare,"

"And the final result was Dark Nightmare?" asked Peach.

"Yes, it was originally supposed to be sealed away in a place called Shadow Cavern or the Devil's Hideout, but any form of negative emotion that it picks up will be just enough to reawaken the beast," Fandom explained.

"That must be Bowser and Dedede," said Luigi.

"Dark Nightmare has the power to revive the dead and power them up into much stronger beings then before as long as they have dark ambitions," said Fandom. "He isn't the type of monster that normal heroes will try to face off, however those who wields the determination strong enough to overcome the evil in it's soul shall be able to reign victorious,"

Determination strong enough to overcome the evil," Mario repeated.

"Of course the power and light of the Crystal Stars are needed in order for one to be able to stand against the darkness that Dark Nightmare emits," said Fandom.

"So we just have to find the Crystal Stars right?" asked Starlight.

"Yes however even though the Crystal Stars are here in Equestria, they are separated from each other," answered Fandom.

"Oh great more work, couldn't the elements be enough of a problem for us?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Well about that, the elements are currently being held in the secret underground lair that Bowser and Dedede resides in, however that hideout is being protected by an invisible barrier that can only be destroyed by finding seven keys are being held by Bowser's and Dedede's strongest warriors," answered Fandom. "However the Crystal Stars are actually located in the enemy bases where the seven guardians are holding the keys, but that would mean they would try to find the Crystal Stars before you do,"

"Well that makes our job harder and easier at the same time," said Applejack.

"But no worries, if you manage to find the Crystal Stars before the enemy does, then you should be able to use it against the guardians protecting the keys," said Fandom.

"Sounds good I guess," said Fluttershy.

"But where are these Crystal Stars?" asked Rarity.

"Well lucky for you, according to my radar that I created, the nearest one should be somewhere in Appleloosa," said E Gadd.

"Oh it's been a while since I saw Braeburn," said Applejack.

"Be careful Mario," said Peach.

"Don't worry Princess we got this," said Mario.

"Before you head out though take this portable version of the Crystal Star Radar I created, should help make your search easier," said E. Gadd handing Luigi a small Game boy.

"Thanks professor," said Luigi taking the radar.

"I wish you all the best of luck," said Celestia. The group said goodbye before they left he princesses Professor E. Gadd and Fandom. Now their biggest adventure is about to start.

Author's Note:

Chapter 2 complete. Things are getting crazy. And now that the legend of Dark Nightmare has been revealed, Mario and his friends must be careful when battling enemies. Hopefully they can find the Crystal Stars before the enemy does