• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 1,303 Views, 20 Comments

The Raven’s Sky - Chemtest



Ravens Breath has been gone for 200 years, the world is in chaos. Time for the Necromancer, Lord Ravens Breath, Lord of Magic, Lord of Life and Death to return.

  • ...
10
 20
 1,303

Traveller

Raven throws the key aside as he lets the final foal free. He nods towards them, “Try not to get caught again.”

The leader of the foals throws equipment from a bag to all the other foals. This filly is particularly noticble from a scar right next to her eye.

The filly nods, and tosses Raven a potion, “Here, painkiller.”

Raven catches the potion, and throws it right back, “Don’t feel pain, don’t need it. You need it more.”

The filly catches it, and shakes her head, “Whatever you say, edgelord. Only was willing to part with it because of your being a Crusader and all.”

Raven shakes his head, “You show such little gratitude for someone who I just freed. Run along, and I’ll continue on my own way.”

The filly looks at him, “Why did you rescue us, anyway? We don’t know you, you don’t know us. You got some second agenda?”

He sighs, “You are Equestrian citizens brought into slavery by a hostile, enemy nation. In case you slept in history, it’s your right to not be enslaved. Equestrian Lunar Constitution, Second Tenant, third line. ‘It is hereby declared that no pony shall ever be forced into unwilling servitude, within or without the jurisdiction of the Equestrian Nation’. I’m sure you know the line after, right?”

The filly raises an eyebrow, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Raven shrugs, “Hmm, I’d recommend you learn your rights, then. If you pick up reading as a hobby, then I would highly recommend that. If you read, you would have found out that slavery is punishable by death. Remember that in the future, because I expect you to shoot any slavers on sight.”

The filly turns around, “Whatever. Let’s get going, everypony! Lost Pegasus is a dangerous path, so keep an eye on each other!”

Raven spins around, and continues down the road. He can only barely hear the sound of another pair of hooves with him.

He turns around, only to see a grey pegasus filly following him. She carries an assault rifle on her back, and suddenly stops as she sees him looking at her.

Raven sighs, “Why are you following me?”

The filly smiles, “Oh, well, I just thought you could use some help, that’s all.”

Raven shakes his head, “Nope, now go back to the other foals. I am perfectly fine on my own, without worrying about the health of a mortal foal.”

She walks closer, “Cool story, still coming. You need a gun that fires faster.”

Raven looks at her assault rifle, “What, you mean that pile of rust? I doubt that thing can even fire, let alone pierce the skull or heart of a pony. Honestly, the state of that rifle is absolutely astonishing in how dismal it is.” Raven looks back up at her, “Look, if you are really worried about me not having a fast enough gun, then just give me that one. I’ll just throw it away, and we’ll never see each other again.”

She shakes her head, “Nope, you probably don’t know how to fire. When’s the last time you shot an assault rifle, anyway?”

Raven raises an eyebrow, “I don’t know how to fire? Listen here, I shot the first one of those ever in existence. How can you say I don’t know how to fire?”

She takes the information in stride, and nods, “Well, doesn’t matter. You need somepony to watch your back.”

Raven glares a tiny bit, “I am currently traveling in order to get that pony. All you have done and continue doing is delay my attempts to get him.”

She smiles, “Well, maybe I can fill in until you find him? Look, I’m being absolutely honest when I say I mainly want to go because I’m bored of them back there.”

Raven turns around, “Then just follow me. But if I get into a fight, I don’t want to have to cover your ass.”

She trots up alongside him, “Don’t worry, I have a tail for that!”

Raven shakes his head, “Ugh, you don’t deliver that nearly as well as Sombra. Don’t try the same humor as Sombra. Believe me, you will not be better than him.”

She shakes her head, “Geez, okay, no need to be harsh. I’m Bedlam, by the way.”

He looks over to her, “Raven, although you won’t need to ever refer to me by name.”

Bedlam smiles, “So, Raven, what’s your story?”

Raven sighs, “Open a history book, flip to the section labeled ‘modern’ and you’ll be able to learn.”

Bedlam loses her smile, “Oh... okay. I was hoping to hear from the source.”

Raven looks forward again, “Well, I’m not known for fulfilling hope. Perhaps you’d be better off with Sombra for that.”

Bedlam sighs, “Well... where are we going, then?”

Raven looks up, and a slight smile appears, “Hoofington.”

Bedlam regains her smile, “Really? That’s only a day away!”

Raven nods, “Yes, I know, such is why I chose it.”