• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 1,299 Views, 20 Comments

The Raven’s Sky - Chemtest



Ravens Breath has been gone for 200 years, the world is in chaos. Time for the Necromancer, Lord Ravens Breath, Lord of Magic, Lord of Life and Death to return.

  • ...
10
 20
 1,299

Soldier and Doctor

Officer Loo speaks into a microphone, “This is Officer Loo, Lost Pegasus FOB, calling for evac. Steel assault, we have completely packed up and waiting for evac.”

A voice comes from the radio, “This is BEA Lifeline, we read you Officer. Right on top of you, will come down for evac. What’s the status of the LZ?”

Loo speaks back, “Cold, Lifeline. Steel have stopped firing, and slowly approach the building. Expect little to no fire.”

The radio picks up, “What’s the status of your squad?”

Officer Loo shakes his head, “One dead, two injured. They can fly, but they need help.”

The radio speaks once more, “Decent begun, we can see you, Officer. Opening port-side, ready to receive.”

The nine pegasi all look up as a giant flying machine comes down from the clouds. It’s rectangular shape broken by two giant propellers, and an open door.

The pegasi all spread their wings, and fly up to the machine. Once all are secured, the machine closes up, and flies back into the cloud cover.

———

The doors to the building burst open, and three soldiers all rush in. They scan the entry room, and shout back, “Clear!”

He then steps through, “Keep your eyes peeled, there could be an ambush or trap anywhere. If you see anything suspicious, do not touch it. Now come on, fan out and search the building!”

One of the scribes rush over to a terminal, and quickly get into it, “Elder Offense, it looks like the leader of the Bluebloods kept a journal under here.”

He trots over, “Let me see. Go with Initiate Crystal, make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid.”

The scribe does as asked, leaving Offense with the terminal entires.

”—(01, Discord’s Feast, 200 ND)

This is the Ministry of Healing... what’s left of it anyway. I’ve been put in charge now that Autismo has been assigned to hunting Beam. Good thing, too, that idiot wouldn’t be able to find magic if it was shoved up his ass. Now we can actually do what’s really important.

—(02, Discord’s Feast, 200 ND)

The Ministries are all well known for their secret projects. Sweetie Belle and her Dragon Born, Raven and all his weapon prototypes, Sombra’s Spies, Apple Bloom’s background dealings, even Scootaloo with the construction of the Black Peral. Yet, nopony has ever found anything for Louis. There never was a secret project for the Ministry of Healing. The fact that changelings fed off ponies whist working was out in the open, the medical potions, the experimental modifications, all were in the public eye. It is suspicious, and must be untrue.

—(03, Discord’s Feast, 200 ND)

Most of this building hasn’t even been explored yet. General Autismo kept everything to this main room, and the top floors haven’t been touched for two hundred years. Ponies wonder why we never found anything, it’s because we assign idiots like Autismo to this job. He might be good at leading an army, or setting an ambush, but he is an absolute idiot and lacks any motivation. If he was smart, then I wouldn’t have to be here doing his job for him. It should be clearly evident that this mission is far more important than Autismo. He is short lived, and will only affect this world for fifty more years. But what we find here... it could change the course of history.

—(26, Ordirus’s Wrath, 19 AR)

I heard rumors from ponies that Minister Louis himself will be coming here. The truth in these claims is yet to be seen, but I can see that they might be true. I mean, Hoofington University is close by, and Minister Louis used to study there, so the rumors have backing. There’s also another rumor going about, talking about a possible experiment we might be running. From what Doctor Tempus said, the experiment will include trying to capture the Necromatic Mana within Lord Raven into a talisman, so that anypony could be brought back to life in the case of an emergency. The specifics escape me, I’m a medical doctor, not a Thaumutoligist, so all the jargon about ‘Matrixes’ and ‘Subnural pathways’ is beyond me. Apparently Minister Louis, being so close to Lord Raven, has absorbed some of his energy. Doctor Tempus declares that they will use Louis in order to gain enough Mana. I don’t know if this is true or not, but it’s something to put into the logs.

—(04, Discord’s Feast, 200 ND)

I found an old entry on this terminal yesterday. Back until a month before the bombs. It talks about two rumors. One of Louis being here, which was true, and another about a Resurrection Talisman. There was a name mentioned in the second rumor that caught my attention, that being Doctor Tempus. From my memories, I was able to sort out his identity. More well known by his pony name, Time Turner, Doctor Tempus was a pony from Ponyville, Scootaloo’s home town. She knew him in passing as the clock store owner, but he was in reality a Blue Hive changeling, and served as Advisor to Nullam and Louis after him. Studied at Hoofington University in Thaumology, and is said to be one of the best in his field. If he turkey said this experiment was going to happen, it happened. We will double our search efforts.

—(05, Discord’s Feast, 200 ND)

Private Beam stumbled upon a secret door today. He says it’s because of his amazing perception... yeah, he was fucking around with his CLR. I went with a search party down the hall, only to find it was too dark for us to see. Private Beam suggested shooting our CLR’s to light up the hallway, and actually attempted to do it. After he picked up his gun, he was promptly assigned to guard duty first thing in the morning. We decided to wait until we had more light.

—(Today, 1200)

We’re about to head back in... wait... I hear talking outside.

—End of entires.

A soldier steps out from a room, “Elder Offense, we found a secret door!”

He gets up from the terminal, “Activate your lights, we’re going in.”

They walk into a separate room, “But, Elder, the hallway is fully lit.”

He walks up to the secret door, only to see what the soldier says is true. He takes point, “File behind me, watch for traps, I’ll take point.”

He slowly begins to walk down a staircase, which is lit up by lamps and lanterns.

He arrives at the bottom of the staircase, and looks forward in shock.

He snaps to a salute, “Lord Louis, Lord Raven, Head Paladin Mass Offense reporting!”