• Published 18th Mar 2018
  • 1,298 Views, 20 Comments

The Raven’s Sky - Chemtest



Ravens Breath has been gone for 200 years, the world is in chaos. Time for the Necromancer, Lord Ravens Breath, Lord of Magic, Lord of Life and Death to return.

  • ...
10
 20
 1,298

Pearl

Raven drops to the ground, “Well... shit. We’ve got to come up with a plan.”

Brown Smith smiles at the two of them, “Hey, don’t worry, I’m still with you if you want me. No offense, but you don’t look like ponies who have been around for long.”

Raven looks up, “Around?”

Brown Smith nods, “The Wasteland, you know. You both don’t seem like you’re real experienced in it. Figure you could use my own experience.”

Louis looks into the distance, “Shush.”

Brown looks over at him, “Well that’s kinda rude.”

Louis holds up a hoof, “Listen closely, and look where I am looking.”

They both shut up, and look out the opening to the quarry. As they focus, they can hear a slight rumbling.

Louis narrows his eyes at the oncoming dust cloud. The bones around them begin to clatter, and he looks towards Raven and Brown, “Either there’s something giant coming our direction, or we’re about to be hit by an earthquake and dust storm. In either situation, we need to take cover. Now.”

All three of them rush to a nearby pile of bones, and take cover behind it. The rumbling sound only grows louder, and bones begin to fall off the pile from the tremors put into the ground.

The sound eventually grows to be near deafening, until a voice breaks over it. A stallion shouts, “Brakes! Reel up the mast!”

The sound of bones being sent flying is heard all around, and a loud screeching noise cuts over it. All three ponies can hear the sound of wood scraping against stone, and feel bones fly over them and behind them.

A good five seconds pass, until Raven peeks his head over the pile of bones. He is so shocked by what he sees that he leaves cover entirely in order to truly take it in. Brown does the exact same, with only Louis standing and looking slightly normal.

What sits on the bones on the quarry is truly a sight to behold. One that seems almost impossible. Yet, here it is, right before them.

A pirate ship, like one taken straight from the ocean, with wheels. It towers over the three ponies, and they all see a large crew scrambling around to get things done. Cannons point out of the side. Old cannons, not laser or miniature, but very strong in brute force. The wood on the ship is painted very nicely, not even scratched, just slightly dented or having a slight amount of ash on the side.

A platform on some ropes is thrown over the side of the ship, an earth pony standing on top of it. He seems identical to the pony found dead in the river, only with a dark overcoat and tricorn hat instead. He smiles, and steps aside on the plank, “Welcome aboard!”

Brown Smith takes a tentative step on the plank, and Louis walks on as well. Raven looks at his friend with confusion, and then back to the stallion, “Who are you? Why the hell are you here?”

The stallion nods, “Captain Sparrow, mate, Captain of the Black Peral. As for the why, well, that should be obvious, mate. You shot that flare gun, and now we are your personal taxi service, so to speak.”

Raven slowly steps on the plank, and they are pulled up by a rope wrapped around it. Louis looks over at Sparrow, “So, uh, Sparrow, how’d you get this ship?”

Sparrow smiles as they are pulled further up, “Was approached by a Captain, name of Barbossa. He recruited me, then died, then everyone else died, then I took over after finding a cloning machine. Then I killed myself and took control of the boat from his evil ass.”

Louis looks at the boat, especially at the name on the front of it, “How’d he get it?”

Sparrow shrugs, “I personally have no idea. He said it just fell from the sky, though I say he’s a bad liar.”

Louis looks away from Sparrow, and towards the ship again.

The plank finally reaches the deck, allowing the three to exit onto the deck swarming with Sparrow clones.

Sparrow turns towards them, “So, where are you off too?”

Raven looks at the other two, and thinks deeply, “Ponyville, I think. Ponyville would be best.”